Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2017] Save Me, 구해줘

Annyeong!

My links are not working.  Can someone give me a working link to livestream....  please?   Komawo :)  

hi, I am newcomer :D 

Btw, I haven't watch this drama yet, but heard that this drama is good. Is that so? Is it slow pacing or fast one? Is it a "heavy" or "light" drama? And is there purely about saving the main character from cult or is there any romantic story there? Pardon my question, hope someone might kindly answer them, so I can decide whether to watch it or not. Thank youuu....

• Like 1

Sorry y'all I mean I hate every single adult expect the moms and grandmas. The mom's of this drama have been warriors imho.

To go through what they went, survive it (though I think Sang Hwan's mom may die) and do what they can to assist their children, warriors! Actually this is the first drama I've seen where most of the women are good, strong, and fierce. Even apostle Kang in all her evil is a force to be reckoned with. Sang Mi is a flawless amazon woman slaying those evil demons with her own sword. No one saved this girl, she has been and continues to save herself.

I adore how Sang Mi took the reins of her own survival and rescue and always has a plan, a means, a way to survive and destroy that cult. I mean the mental strength it takes to have survived their for 3yrs and never once let them break her down or have her mind like they did her mom and dad. The courage it took to always stand up to them and throw their dirty truth and evil sins in their faces, the bravery and intelligence of how she has been and continues to play that cult in her "submission" as spiritual mother; she's my favorite kdrama heroine ever. She's a flaw queen in my eyes and although the drama has many shortcomings and pitfalls that can mostly be ignored /overlooked/just go with it (so many underutilized characters and actors, so many stories just dropped and never reasoned or concluded. And the cult, the cult is laughable in how dumb and easy it's been, too contrived and easy to be honest. The lax security -Dong Cheol the newcomer is allowed to roam like it's his home. Sang Hwan breaking in and out like it's his home. These people don't got security cameras?-, the lack of suspicion and doing background checks on newcomers after recently being threatened to be exposed by those of similar age, and just their idiocy, like apostle Jo or his deaf mute brother didn't see her shoe!?!?? They took the body out the water walked it back that same bath to the car, but missed her incriminating shoe? Please. Also apostle Jo found Dong Cheol's cellphone last ep but did/does nothing about it though he was suspect? Nah. The writer made it unrealistically easy for F4 to bring them down). Sang Mi however was near perfect written and developed character. 

No one in F4 should or has to die now. At this point it'll feel more for shock value than for the story itself. They killed reporter Hong, that's enough. If she hadn't had died then yes one of our boys was/is a goner (Sang Mi will live or this drama has been a waste) but she did and her death is the first real domino in bringing the cult down.

This lead to the police raid and the arrest of apostle Jo who is normally the executioner for the cult. There is no one to kill a boy and burry a body (dancing gangster for all his paid corruption will not kill Dong Cheol. That shoulder pat, plus his eyes are and have been wide open to what Muiji and Guseonwon really is). Also if the cult kills a F4 right now, they dumber than dumb and everyone going to know it was them.

The detectives are on to them, Sang Hwan's dad would use any first opportunity to take them down because power, Jung Hoon's chief of police dad's eyes is open to them, the local newspaper is onto them and all about had the expose article written; to kill an F4 now (most know what they been up to) is signing their own judicial death warrants. And from a story stand point it honestly would feel pointless and just done for shock. The time to kill Dong Cheol or Sang Hwan was when Jo was still gatekeeper. That guys is almost done for and I think he escaped to kill Baek who is framing him for attempted murder, what would be the point of killing Dong Cheol or Sang Hwan now other than to break audience hearts?

At this point what would it add to the story/the message it gives that the gruesome killing of reporter Hong didn't deliver? We already know that going undercover in that cult is life or death and apostle Jo will cold blood murder you if revealed for the "evil demon" that you are (though it seems normally they simply throw you in those forest dungeons for slow beating death), we already know Sang Mi's father is evil and a lost cause that would do whatever bidding Baek commands, so again killing Dong Cheol (cause he's the most in danger and likely to die) at this point serves what point? It'd be bad writing imho to kill Sang Mi or the boys at this point in the story. The story now needs to focus on the deaths/destruction of Baek and his evil apostles (and yes that includes Sang MI's dad for me) or I'm going to feel hella cheated! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, AlexandraReid said:

omg :(

Oh man. This guy looks like the same guy who played KYK's father in Lookout. Same thing he is doing here as well...rubbing his hands.

1 hour ago, justnoone8888 said:

hi, I am newcomer :D 

Btw, I haven't watch this drama yet, but heard that this drama is good. Is that so? Is it slow pacing or fast one? Is it a "heavy" or "light" drama? And is there purely about saving the main character from cult or is there any romantic story there? Pardon my question, hope someone might kindly answer them, so I can decide whether to watch it or not. Thank youuu....

Hi there! This is a heavy drama which touches on an issue that is often not discussed a lot in SK. No  traditional romance but a  story of family and friendships.  SK is a highly religious country where mainstream religions and cults alike flourish. Although the story revolves around saving the female lead from the cult, at the heart of the story is how the cult  uses people's vulnerability  and desperate circumstances to control their minds & emotions for the cult leaders' gain. It a very well written story with great acting by the cast. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh man. This guy looks like the same guy who played KYK's father in Lookout. Same thing he is doing here as well...rubbing his hands.

yeah ur right its HIM haha...

===

otherwise we had a nice ending here, while Junghoon did a broadcast jajangmyeon challenge w/ his dad LOL:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AlexandraReid said:

34 minutes ago, triplem said:

yeah ur right its HIM haha...

===

otherwise we had a nice ending here, while Junghoon did a broadcast jajangmyeon challenge w/ his dad LOL

yay!!! happy ending for all. So glad DC is alive. That was my worst fear and to finally see Sang Mi smiling like an angel!!!

Thanks so much for keeping this thread alive.:heart: I will see you on Mad Dog

• Like 1

Couldn't help myself. Had to watch the clips. So happy with this ending. SM and the boys live! Can't wait to watch the complete episode now. I take back any thoughts I had that JG was a random sidestory. For his role in the finale alone, I'm so happy he was in the story. :D

I wasn't expecting DC's father to make an appearance for the finale, but I'm happy he did. So, at least, DC isn't alone still, and his father seems as if he's dried up and remembered DC likes jjajjangmyun.

JH and his father did a spicy jjajjangmyun challenge. LOL.

MH finally gave a bit of food to his brother. Awww. 

SM and her mother, both looking well, visiting SM's deceased brother to promise that they'll live well from now on so that he can go peacefully to heaven now.

Also, it was actually kind of cute how they had SH going off to do his military service just as Taec had done, and the boys and SM promising to go visit him. :)

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Couldn't help myself. Had to watch the clips. So happy with this ending. SM and the boys live! Can't wait to watch the complete episode now. Also, I take back any thoughts I had that JG was a random sidestory. For his role in the finale alone, I'm so happy he was in the story. :D

Also, it was actually kind of cute how they had SH going off to do his military service just as Taec had done, and the boys and SM promising to go visit him. :)

Don't forget the bet...what happened to SM dad?  the clips did not show. I know apostle Jo did not die . So dhakra lost. You bet SM dad right?

---/---

WDH saying goodbye 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

yet to watch..

But any hint on where the love line is headed?

I guess 2 yrs is a good gap for SM to heal and then SH will be back, hopefully DC would have made sthg of himself ( like  a private detective agency :tongue: ) 

I would hate having no closure on that front.. this story/ characters.. can have the most endearing, intense, passionate love story ever..

PS: Any hope of DC being acquitted of previous charges on account of fraud and thereby allowing him to apply to the police academy

• Like 2

I've watched without subs and I don't know what happened to SM dad... if he was jailed or what :confused:

Haha I haven't posted here much but I've been following since the second ep!

Wow, I gotta say (based on the ep 16 clips)

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that the drama uses EVERYTHING in its disposal. Like seriously, I questioned why the gangsters had their own storyline and I totally forgot about a ton of these characters because dramas never usually utilize some people for any specific purpose. But Save Me used everyone they showed - like Hong So Rin, after rewatching a few eps, I noticed her silent transition from reporter to suddenly interested college student who gets into the cult. Dongcheol's jail friend had no tie with the cult until the last few eps where his skills came in handy for helping out the friends in the end. And, even, Dong Cheols dad - I was SO shocked to see him back in the finale, whereas I had completely just banished thoughts about him after the first glimpse we saw of him (I assumed he had just somehow passed away as well without grandma or dong cheol to look over him)

I feel like I want to write a lot more about how amazing this drama was, because I usually HATE scary dramas (I can't handle scary movies well) but I was soooo obsessed with this drama. I am now a huge fan of Woo Do-Hwan and will be keeping an eye out for Mad Dog. I have a lot I want to say, but it'd take forever to type everything up on how much I love this drama. But I will say  -  kudos to Save Me for brilliant editing, great use of all the characters and storylines, great music that was employed at perfect times, and especially for making our female leads all very powerful in their own right. Sang Mi needed some help yes, but without her going along with the Spiritual Mother mess, they wouldn't have been able to take down Baek or get the info and allies they needed.  Then you have the awesome bar noona who takes no crap from anyone, and our awesome Sang Hwan's mom and Sang Mi's mom. Hong So Rin was the one to infiltrate, even a lot of the people in the cult who did the most work/jobs were females (we don't see a lot of the male believers at all actually - it was usually the females who got some of the bigger roles). Even Apostle Kang, despite a lot of her delusion and misuse of her medical knowledge, she had a lot of strength for the same reasons.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, solucu said:

I've watched without subs and I don't know what happened to SM dad... if he was jailed or what :confused:

There is a scene at the end after Sang Mi's monologue and the reintroduction of the characters in the credit, like they used to do with the one scene preview after each episode. In this scene you can see what happened to Sang Mi's father.

I honestly laughed real hard while watching it. I'm not sure it was proper of me but the actor is amazing in this detestable role.

Actually, Blondie, Curly, SM's father and Kang were amazing roles ... The actors were brilliant and I enjoyed hating them so much.

• Like 1

I don't know what I expected but that ending scene with Sang Hwan and Sang Mi exchanging smiles felt awkward for me. I cringed real hard! I think it's just me being a huge Sang Mi and Dong Cheol shipper. I'm Happy everyone is alive and trying to heal.... My heart sank every time Dong Cheol got beaten and I sobbed at Dong Cheol and his father's scenes...I wish I knew if he had a proper life, if he achieved his dream, if he managed to gather his courage and confess to Sang Mi...

• Like 2

The previous raw version I saw didn't include the credits. Watched it till the end this time, and SM's father is definitely not dead. He's a street proselytizer or the second coming of the Spiritual Father. So, there really was no redemption for him at all. I echo one of SM's final words to her father that she pities him, since he is willfully blind to what is really  going on.

I was okay with the final smiles that SH and SM exchanged, with SH asking if SM will come visit him while he is in the army as well since they're all friends. It echoes back to how they first met. Yes, DC noticed her and totally fell for her as well, but it was SH who approached SM, asking to be friends. Plus, I would rather have an open ending like this where there is a hint of a possibility of friendships deepening whether it's SH/SM or DC/SM, rather than having an indication of a romantic future actually. Given the nature of this drama, any overt romance would have felt tacked on.

SM's final voiceover was really lovely as well, walking as it does between that line of belief in God which so many people do and the fake gods that may pop up.  Here is a translation of her final voiceover:

“People have asked me how I was able to withstand it in there. It was the hope that someday I would definitely be able to leave, the hope that, not a fake god, but that a real God existed, the hope that when someone heard my desperate voice, that someone would answer me. These hopes were what enabled to withstand it all. In this world, that such hope is possible. I believe that.”

This drama was totally outside my normal genre and my comfort zone, I have to admit, but the amazing cast who really sold me on their characters who felt as if they were in real jeopardy, plus the script that kept throwing surprise after surprise kept me hooked. As much of a revelation as some of this cast was, e.g. Son Ye Ji who I had heard was a good actress but had not really seen in anything that engaged me before, was stellar as Sang Mi who managed to make us care about her fate, who never gave up the fight, who refused to play a maiden in distress even when she was a maiden in distress, it was really Woo Do Hwan who was such a surprise and a delight to me as he was to so many other viewers. His Dong Chul never wavered in knowing what he thought was important and right, even when it cost him. DC's faith in his friendships, even when he had been let down by them, makes him into some kind of saint, and I'm glad that his faith was ultimately restored. WDH brought a delicacy and nuance to DC's character that had me hooked on every look and every line. I'm avidly looking forward to his next drama, Mad Dog, and hope to see all of you there as well.

Finally, Taecyeon. I've had mixed feelings about him before, however, I think he did well with the Sang Hwan character and I'm happy that he chose this as his last project before military service. He was part of the star power that got this drama attention in the beginning, even though SH may not have been the character that everyone adored the most once they watched the drama. However, Taec has been improving as an actor, and I think SH was a difficult role. SH had a hero's arc, going from a child who who loved and believed in his father, even when it may not have made a lot of sense. Because SH was a child who loved his family and then his friends, but also wanted to do the right thing, and was being told by his father who he respected the most things which put him in conflict with himself, he struggled and paid a price for that in terms of his friends and his self. He had to grow up in order to be able to play a hero's role, so that he could stand up for what he thought was right, despite the pressure on him to conform to being a precious son and Big Man Around Town. And, he learned from his mistakes. Perhaps not as quickly as we wanted him to, but when his father realized that SH had played him for the false recording, I was cheering for him. Still, going up against one's parent is a difficult thing to do, which ST still ultimately did, even putting contingencies in place against his own weakness. And, through it all, there was never any doubt, that through his immaturity and his mistakes, he loved his parents and he loved his friends, and when it came time, he betrayed his father to save his mother and his friends.

I wanted to say my final thoughts on Sang Hwan and Taec because in my ongoing love for WDH and Dong Chul, SH kept getting overlooked, even though I had been appreciating him and the actor who portrays him.

So, thanks to everyone on this thread, especially @AlexandraReid who did so much to post video clips, stills, instagrams, etc. It was an unexpected and delightful ride, and I'm glad that we were able to share it here on the thread. Hope to see you all on Mad Dog. Thank you again! :)

• Like 7

To appease both shippers (there is no romance in this drama though) Sang Mi & Sang Hwan shippers can imagine that Sang Mi visits and waits for Sang Hwan those two years and once out of his military service they pursue a relationship built on whatever was developed these 16 eps. For Sang Mi & Dong Cheol shippers you can imagine that absence does not make the heart grow fond. Those two years while Sang Hwan is doing his mandatory service joint visits and other interactions builds on whatever was developed in these 16 episodes between Sang Mi & Dong Cheol.

Now the ending as realistic as I found it, I also found it to be predictable (the only real surprise was Dong Cheol's dad for me) and a tad "eh, I guess alls wells that ends well." I loathed how it redeemed characters I prayed would die or be heavily punished. I didn't like that the human trafficker (all those poor souls in the dungeon. Imagine the many drunks, homeless, etc that may have had people who care for them or no who were tortured and damaged to the point the lunacy and fear Dong Cheol's father displayed) gets to be the "hero" who finds and arrests Jo and received no punishment for his evil crimes. I hope Jo reveals all his trafficking and bribes taken during his trail and the man is stripped of his job, jailed, and shamed and shunned. As real as it is that the cult carries on, I wanted to see it burn and for Kang and Sang MI's dad to go down with it in flames. If y'all think that's too brutal, I at least wanted them to have revelations of the falseness, the lies, the evil of the cult, and the evil deadly crimes they had committed all in the name of a false god.

At the same time I love that my dancing ahjussi did saving, that Dong Cheol lived,

and that my queen Sang Mi saved herself and took down Baek (It was so satisfying to see the flaming cross bare on him. I had actually once written I  wanted that to happen to Sang MI's father so it was satisfying to see the true evil get it instead) and was absolutely glowing and gorgeous and free with that brilliant smile in the end. All in all the drama had shortcomings of a rookie writer but much of the writing and especially the cast made up for it. I have found a new actor I hope to see rise/new kdrama bae in Woo Do Hwan (I can't wait for Mad Dog) and my gods do I have a huge she's so talented crush on Seo Yi Ji. I also hope to see David Lee, Man Hee's actor, and especially my dancing ahjussi in many more projects to come. 

• Like 3

Loved it loved it loved it..

1. ROmance: Well, guess they made it very clear with the last scene that SM-SH is the end game... ( but when did DC give up on her.. i guess he knew SH likes her since school.. and since school time only never considered himself as an option.. but he loves her)

I am happy with this couple too..

2. Crazy people will remain crazy.. i thought Jo would oust Kang.. Daddy is a gone case.. needs medical treatment.. too much of divine water in the head

3. Detective saves the day.. :)  and am glass governor's assistant did not get to escape..

4. I should be proud of SM's mother.. but for some reason.. i just can't applaud her... she is the reason half of this mess happened.. if dad is being scolded for being a weak personality, her weak personality was root cause of all trouble... she should have been the support system both for SM and dad.. instead became the burden for her husband.. and his desperation to cure her.... 

her character bugs me more than anyone else.. was father's room the place for her to faint.. when everyone is trying to rescue SM..

5. Umm.. and Mom's are all stupid.. DC should open a center to train mothers... how to deal with criminals, how to not go alone to them showcasing the evidence.. and then threaten them knowing you have nothing to defend yourself with... and never think you are hulk who can not be hurt..

6. umm.. i was half hoping.. Jo's wig will come off to show his real white hair :tongue:

7. What was Man hee's story.. guess missed it.. its not his real brother and he still shared food.. is that the arc?

8. I really absolutely seriously desperately yearn for Jajangmyeon.. whatever it is.. looks spicy and delicious.. Anyone here got a recepie with substitutes for korean spices (or otherwise).. or any fusion style 

• Like 1