Directors:

Broadcast Period: April 18, 2017

Cast:

Nicky Wu as Xiao Han

Qi Wei as Ye Fan Xing

Zuo Hang as Mi Si Yue

Ren Yan Kai as Fu Xia

Synopsis:

It’s hard to date when your face is recognized everywhere. Ye Fan Xing (Qi Wei) is a famous television anchor who is instantly recognized wherever she goes. She has been trying to be the best daughter to her mother after the devastating death of her younger sister in a car accident 10 years ago.

Fan Xing is in a secret relationship with successful businessman Xiao Han (Nicky Wu), but they face many challenges to their relationship due to Fan Xing’s fame and other complications brought on by their families.

Xiao Han’s nephew, Fu Xia (Ren Yan Kai), falls in love with Fan Xing, only to find out that she is already dating his uncle. Meanwhile, Mi Si Yue (Zuo Hang) becomes Fan Xing’s best friend but is secretly in love with Xiao Han.

When Fan Xing learns Si Yue’s true identity, what will happen to her relationship and her family?

“April Star” is a 2017 Chinese drama series. It is a remake of the popular 2008 South Korean drama “Women in the Sun.”

Cr Viki

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

April Star 繁星四月 Viki English Subbed Episodes

April Star 繁星四月 Raw Episodes

On 24/04/2017 at 2:37 AM, littlericeball said:

so far I've only watched ep 1 and I feel sorry for Fan xing. But it's too soon for me to judge so I need to watch a few more episodes before seeing if I like it or not. But 42 episodes...that's crazy @_@

have you seen Korean version, that's a nerve wracking drama, and I'm sure C's done it on the extreme side. Bad bad days are waiting the poor girl in the drama, i'm guessing things not gonna be solved until ep 35-36...  I can't find it anywhere w Eng subs, I requested from DramaF at the end I'm paying for both.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just realized this Drama is the remake to the Korean Drama titled Women Under The Sun, no wonder the plot seemed familiar LoL:) I have to say I enjoy both adaptations, although the Chinese version (call me biased heh) is slightly to my liking with Stephy Qi (who is an incredible actress) same goes for HK actress Sheren Tang. Nice to see Murphy's Law Of Love's Ivelyn here although her character is unbearable!<_<:crazy::tongue: As for Nicky Wu there's like zero chemistry between him and Stephy:mellow: not just that his character is kind of...meh. I'd really like to see Ming & Stephy as a couple in a future drama. He looks a bit like Lee Seunggi meets Choi Taejoon HA:lol:

As much as I don't condone Fan Xing's actions or her bad choices, I can understand her motivations...she's a pretty sad character. And really the one to be blamed is that despicable woman Prof. - so-called Mom indeed pffft. No child deserves to be treated poorly, biological or otherwise. 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] April Star 繁星四月

Archived