Kim Min Jae • 김민재 • 金旻載

• 2 weeks later...

[News] 2020.02.17 “Dr. Romantic 2” Cast And Staff To Go On Reward Vacation

7d5cd814e84244eeacd8b54e69f3510a.jpeg?s=

The cast and staff of “Dr. Romantic 2” will be rewarded for their hard work!

On February 17, a source from the drama shared, “A reward vacation to Saipan for three days and four nights departing on February 27 has been confirmed.”

According to SPOTV News, not all actors are able to go on the trip, but many of them are adjusting their schedules to make time for it.

The viewership ratings for “Dr. Romantic 2” have been rising with each new episode, and the drama continues to keep its spot at the top of its time slot.

“Dr. Romantic 2” is coming to an end soon, with its finale scheduled for February 25.

Source (1) (2) via soompi

[News] 2020.02.17 Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin In Talks To Lead New SBS Drama

41e42550370345d5a5ab01c2fef73d25.jpeg?s=

Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin may be uniting for a new drama!

On February 17, an industry representative reported, “Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin have been chosen as the leads for the new SBS drama ‘Do You Like Brahms?’ (literal title).”

In response to the reports, Kim Min Jae’s agency YAMYAM Entertainment and Park Eun Bin’s agency Namoo Actors both commented that the actors are reviewing the casting offers for the drama.

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a drama about students at a prestigious music school and the people in their lives. It will tell the stories of the students experiencing lessons, practicing, performing, and competitions since a very young age along with their parents and teachers who obsess over these processes.

Kim Min Jae has been offered the role of pianist Park Joon Young, who started playing piano when he was six years old. He won prominent competitions in the country before going on to win competitions across the world.

The character Park Eun Bin has been offered is Chae Song Ah, a college senior majoring in violin performance. After graduating previously as a business major, she entered the same university again to go to the music school after four attempts and is seven years older than her classmates.

Director Jo Young Min and writer Ryu Bo Ri, who previously worked together on the short drama “Everything and Nothing,” will reunite for “Do You Like Brahms?,” which will reportedly premiere in mid-June.

Source (1) (2)  via soompi

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

[News] 2020.02.17 “Dr. Romantic 2” Cast And Staff To Go On Reward Vacation

The cast and staff of “Dr. Romantic 2” will be rewarded for their hard work!

On February 17, a source from the drama shared, “A reward vacation to Saipan for three days and four nights departing on February 27 has been confirmed.”

According to SPOTV News, not all actors are able to go on the trip, but many of them are adjusting their schedules to make time for it.

The viewership ratings for “Dr. Romantic 2” have been rising with each new episode, and the drama continues to keep its spot at the top of its time slot.

“Dr. Romantic 2” is coming to an end soon, with its finale scheduled for February 25.

[News] 2020.02.17 Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin In Talks To Lead New SBS Drama

Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin may be uniting for a new drama!

On February 17, an industry representative reported, “Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin have been chosen as the leads for the new SBS drama ‘Do You Like Brahms?’ (literal title).”

In response to the reports, Kim Min Jae’s agency YAMYAM Entertainment and Park Eun Bin’s agency Namoo Actors both commented that the actors are reviewing the casting offers for the drama.

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a drama about students at a prestigious music school and the people in their lives. It will tell the stories of the students experiencing lessons, practicing, performing, and competitions since a very young age along with their parents and teachers who obsess over these processes.

Kim Min Jae has been offered the role of pianist Park Joon Young, who started playing piano when he was six years old. He won prominent competitions in the country before going on to win competitions across the world.

The character Park Eun Bin has been offered is Chae Song Ah, a college senior majoring in violin performance. After graduating previously as a business major, she entered the same university again to go to the music school after four attempts and is seven years older than her classmates.

Director Jo Young Min and writer Ryu Bo Ri, who previously worked together on the short drama “Everything and Nothing,” will reunite for “Do You Like Brahms?,” which will reportedly premiere in mid-June.

Source (1) (2)  via soompi

Thanks! Congratulations to the cast.

Yes, I just saw that he is still in talks. I think this drama sounds interesting. Even though I didn't like Flower Crew I thout he did a great job in the lead so I would like to see him in another lead role soon.

[News] 2020.02.26 Kim Min Jae On Love Line With So Ju Yeon In “Dr. Romantic 2,” Meeting Ahn Hyo Seop As Trainees, And More

fae29e9bfc2944038ec6c5a958c4130c.jpeg?s=

Kim Min Jae talked about his latest drama “Dr. Romantic 2”!

Recently, Kim Min Jae starred in SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 2” as nurse Park Eun Tak. Following the conclusion of the drama, Kim Min Jae sat down for interviews through which he talked about the project and his close relationship with the cast.

On the drama’s success and high ratings, Kim Min Jae shared that although he didn’t necessarily expect such results, he hoped many people would tune in because it is a drama that can relay positive messages. He said, “After season one ended, I had the thought that I wanted to do season two if it happened. I got to do season two, and it was definitely really great.” Kim Min Jae also revealed that the difference between the two seasons was that filming the surgery scenes for season two felt more fast-paced as the actors had already gone through a trial and error period through the first season.

Spoiler

Kim-Min-Jae.jpg

Kim Min Jae also talked about the potential for a third season, saying, “I personally am hoping that there will be a third season. I was so happy while filming. It was such a rewarding project, so if I receive an offer to star in a third season, I think I will definitely do it. Although there has been no detailed discussion about season three yet, [the actors] are always asking for it, saying, ‘We want to do season three.'” He added, “I think it is a great blessing to be able to film a drama that is this fun as an actor. What’s fascinating is that I think all the actors felt that. I definitely want to do a third season.”

kim-min-jae-1.jpg

Since three years passed since the first season, Kim Min Jae pointed out that many cast members returned as more experienced actors, including himself. He explained that he felt happy to see the familiar faces of the senior actors he had acted with in the past, saying, “I felt the warm feeling of returning home after having done a lot of work to hear, ‘You’re back?’ I was really happy while filming [the drama] as a result.”

On his portrayal of his character for the new season, Kim Min Jae said, “I didn’t try to show a new side [of my character]. I think what was important was that although three years had passed, he was still in [the same] position at the same place,” adding that he wanted to portray his character naturally.

Spoiler

Kim-Min-Jae-4.jpg

When talking about memorable scenes from the drama, Kim Min Jae picked the scene in which Oh Myung Shim (Jin Kyung) apologized to Seo Woo Jin (Ahn Hyo Seop) and the sweet romantic scenes he filmed with Yoon Ah Reum (So Ju Yeon).

On his chemistry with the other actors, Kim Min Jae shared that it was awkward and funny working with Ahn Hyo Seop, who he has known since he was 18 when they were idol trainees. He explained, “I never imagined that we would meet in the same drama.”

Kim-Min-Jae-5.jpg

Due to his close relationship with So Ju Yeon and the sweet photos they posted together on Instagram, many viewers commented that the two felt like an actual couple. On this, Kim Min Jae said, “After seeing the response, the people on set jokingly said, ‘Good luck, you two. Aren’t you two dating?’ but I was thankful because it meant we acted that well, and she was a really good [acting] partner.”

He continued, “We are close friends. We took photos to encourage people to tune in, so we just took them while discussing, ‘What should we post this week?'”

The actor also mentioned reuniting with Yang Se Jong from season one through the same project three years later. He said, “After season one ended, we contacted each other and met up from time to time,” adding that he had a lot of fun filming with Yang Se Jong.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[News] 2020.04.13 Kim Min Jae Confirmed To Star In New SBS Drama As Piano Prodigy

27cd5372d0c04d2fb849a703ee435878.jpeg?s=

It’s official: Kim Min Jae will be starring in the upcoming SBS drama “Do You Like Brahms?” (literal title).

On April 13, the actor’s agency announced, “Kim Min Jae has been confirmed to appear in SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Do You Like Brahms?’ in the leading role.”

“Do You Like Brahms?” will tell the story of the talented students at a prestigious music schools as they chase after love and happiness. Torn between dreams and reality, each of them faces difficult decisions along the way.

Kim Min Jae will star in the drama as Park Joon Young, a star pianist who happened to stumble upon the piano when he was six years old. Since then, he has gone on to win not only Korea’s most prominent competitions, but also numerous international competitions. Despite his talent and success as a pianist, Park Joon Young is a gentle soul who thinks of others before himself, and he does not harbor much ambition.

A representative of Kim Min Jae’s agency revealed, “Kim Min Jae is currently pouring everything he’s got into practicing piano day and night in order to prepare for his pianist character. We ask that you show a lot of interest and anticipation for Kim Min Jae’s return to the small screen with a unique and different character.”

“Do You Like Brahms?” will also star actress Park Eun Bin, who confirmed last month that she will be playing violinist Chae Song Ah. The drama is currently scheduled to premiere sometime in the second half of this year.

Source (1) via soompi

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

2020.07.13 Script Reading for Upcoming SBS Drama "Do You Like Brahms?"

SBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Do You Like Brahms?” has released photos of the cast going through their first script reading!

“Do You Like Brahms” will tell a story of love and dreams of classical music students, and will be the first SBS Monday-Tuesday drama in approximately two months. The script reading took place in April, and was attended by lead actors Park Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae, as well as Kim Sung Cheol, Park Ji Hyun, Lee Yoo Jin, Bae Da Bin, and more. They were also joined by PD (producing director) Jo Young Min and screenwriter Ryu Bo Ri.

Park Eun Bin will take on the role of Chae Song Ah, a fourth-year student majoring in violin who is seven years older than her fellow seniors. Although she started school later than most, her passion for playing the violin motivated her to pursue her dreams but she now feels confused about her future career and love life. Joining her is Kim Min Jae, playing the role of world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young. He is handsome and kind to others, while also hiding a deep pain and sadness that others don’t know about.

Surrounding the pair are Kim Sung Cheol as Han Hyun Ho, a cellist and longtime friend of Park Joon Young, Park Ji Hyun as violinist Lee Jung Kyung, Lee Yoo Jin is Chae Song Ah’s college orchestra club fried Lee Yoo Jin, and Bae Da Bin as Kang Min Sung. They are all set to delight viewers as youths navigating through dreams and reality, and love and friendship. Ye Soo Jung will play Na Moon Sook, the head of the Kyung Hoo Cultural Foundation, Seo Jeong Yeon as performance planner Cha Young In, Choi Dae Hoon as Park Sung Jae, and Joo Suk Tae as Yoo Tae Jin, Park Joon Young’s piano instructor.

Do-You-Like-Brahms.jpg

The cast is said to have shown great chemistry throughout the script reading, with time flying by as they immersed in their roles. The actors are also said to be practicing how to handle their respective instruments in order to bring their characters to life. The production staff shared, “Right around late summer to early fall, ‘Do You Like Brahms?’ will great viewers. We will captivate viewers by blending classical musical with our drama’s unique charms and an exciting storyline. We hope people will tune in to enjoy the refreshing script, beautiful cinematography, and the actors’ hard work.”

“Do You Like Brahms?” will premiere on August 31 and will be available on Viki.

Source (1) via Soompi