[Drama 2017-2018] Man who sets the table, 밥상 차리는 남자

0ly40

Maybe because I am fast forwarding some parts, I am confused about Calvin Miller's relationship with Go Jung-do's mom.:astonished:

GJD's mom is working at CM's SC Food Company but she seems secretly plotting against CM? Is GJD's mom married to CM? (If so the relationships are quite messed up, huh? GJD is dating Jung Tae-yang's mom but GJD's mom is married to JTY's birth dad? I desperately need a relationship tree for clarification!!!)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man, I am so disturbed by the  mean father Shin-Mo who pushes his wife Young-Hye and hurts her...it's not ok!!! If she stays with him she'll have to get even with him...in some way.

It's really sweet to see Tae-Yang and Roo-Ri together and I hope Roo-Ri can learn to ignore her terribly abusive father Shin-Mo and live her own happy life.  It almost makes me think Roo-Ri isn't his real daughter....birth secret anyone?

The over the top mean killer mother Sun-Young is ridiculously evil..    The naughty characters are all really over the top deliciously evil.

If you can just laugh at the absurdity of the acts of evil then you can settle in and enjoy the ride.   This is melodrama at its finest.

I'm just going to buckle in for the ride!   Baahaahaahaahaa

Hello fellow watchers. I'm jumping in to comment on this rollercoaster ride. :D I'm wondering if this series has any plan to pace all these revelations, because I'm curious on how they are going to keep us interested in the future. Is the show at risk of being cancelled? It would explain the rapidly developing plot.

Kevin is TY's father. It looked like Kevin knew who he was. But that ending could be misleading because he just smiled and didn't talk. So far nothing has been dragged out, so if Kevin doesn't know yet I hope it's not long before he does. JD's mother thinks she is going to mess with his family, but things aren't going to go the way she wants. Kevin is not going to let her play his son, and I bet he'll want HY back. She'll end up out of a job on top of her son hating her. And of course RR parents will be all for TY once they found out his bio dad is rich. well TY seem to really liked RR hope will go well with this two because first the father oppose them now the mother well i admit that kind is bit confusing:wacko: when Ruri is already inlove with himand i want one day RR to stand up for herself  ohh i really love this couple16.jpg?w=529&h=298

Obviously, the vice chairwitch (JungDo's mom)'s plan is to oust the chairman Miller (TaeYang's dad, HwaYoung's ex-husband) and control the company.

She want's her son JungDo to take over the chairman's position and separate him from HwaYoung (TaeYang's mom).

She probably also wants JungDo to marry a chaebol's daughter. (Maybe to merge their companies or earn their support to oust the chairman)

The vice chairwitch doesn't want TaeYang to be part of the company since he's Hwayoung's son and she thinks he could mess her plans.

She still doesn't know yet that he's the son of the chairman. If that vice chairwitch knew this, she'll kill TaeYang immediately.

The single act of that chair-witch ordering his secretary to "do what is necessary", or that she ignored her sibling couple's lives alone is already more than enough to send her to prison. But then this is a family drama....I hate bearing these unreasonable parts.

Anyway,  Ru-ri and Tae-young seem sweet as ever in the latest episode seeing the youtube clips...I am still waiting for the subs of ep7 to understand more of the story.

I'm surprised myself that i like this drama, never watched SooYoung before but so far she's doing okay, she has her own charms :), I'm also watching for the actor acts as her brother. Why RuRi and her brother have no lines till now? Don't they talk to each other? They don't seem estranged to me. Don't understand.

the Kevin Miller is probably the abandoned child of Yeon Ju's mother, the mother-in-law of SoWon. I just based it on what the Shaman saw on Yeon Ju's mom's past, a young woman dragging a boy on the train tracks and Kevin Miller's recollection when he was in the orphanage and will be adopted by a US couple, both are the same boy  and i hope tae Yang mom could be more open to her husband 

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Man who sets the table, 밥상 차리는 남자, Sat-Sun
On 9/20/2017 at 5:28 PM, werra said:

Does this drama involves food/cooking?

If you look at how the plot revolves around food.. Jungdo being a chef, Taeyang's passion for cooking, him and Roori working for SC Food.. etc. then yes. It does. :) 

On 9/19/2017 at 8:06 AM, zoks said:

Hello fellow watchers. I'm jumping in to comment on this rollercoaster ride. :D I'm wondering if this series has any plan to pace all these revelations, because I'm curious on how they are going to keep us interested in the future. Is the show at risk of being cancelled? It would explain the rapidly developing plot.

Welcome! :) Hmm I kind of agree with you on the rapidly developing plot but I'd like to think that it's intentionally done to focus on the 'marriage life' of Roori and Taeyang that's why they're really developing their love story faster than other main couples in other family dramas. As of now I think MBC & KBS is still doing that joint labor strike causing MWSTT's delay in shooting BUT it was cleared that they have no such plans in cancelling the drama. tbh I was kinda sad that you thought of that lol. But all is well. to read more on this issue click the link on the spoiler ~>

On 9/24/2017 at 1:28 PM, 000231846597 said:

The single act of that chair-witch ordering his secretary to "do what is necessary", or that she ignored her sibling couple's lives alone is already more than enough to send her to prison. But then this is a family drama....I hate bearing these unreasonable parts.

Anyway,  Ru-ri and Tae-young seem sweet as ever in the latest episode seeing the youtube clips...I am still waiting for the subs of ep7 to understand more of the story.

As much as I love this drama and the actors in it.. I'm kinda.. well I wouldn't say dissappointed but the freezer incident is so absurd to the point that I almost laughed out loud the first time I saw it on the preview of ep 7 XD I was like WTF? when I saw Taeyang's frozen face PFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (sorry omg)

BUT as @desertflower said,

On 9/18/2017 at 12:11 AM, desertflower said:

The over the top mean killer mother Sun-Young is ridiculously evil..    The naughty characters are all really over the top deliciously evil.

If you can just laugh at the absurdity of the acts of evil then you can settle in and enjoy the ride.   This is melodrama at its finest.

I'm just going to buckle in for the ride!   Baahaahaahaahaa

I'm on you on this one. ^^ Bwhahahaha 

On 9/25/2017 at 10:56 AM, TRAN said:

Why RuRi and her brother have no lines till now? Don't they talk to each other? They don't seem estranged to me. Don't understand.

I'm also weirded out by this one. And yup. They don't really look estranged to me either. He even bought her a cake when she said that they have something to celebrate (her having a job) but they didn't show an actual conversation between them. We'll just have to wait I guess. hahah

On 9/25/2017 at 5:10 PM, tianaa said:

the Kevin Miller is probably the abandoned child of Yeon Ju's mother, the mother-in-law of SoWon. I just based it on what the Shaman saw on Yeon Ju's mom's past, a young woman dragging a boy on the train tracks and Kevin Miller's recollection when he was in the orphanage and will be adopted by a US couple, both are the same boy  and i hope tae Yang mom could be more open to her husband 

What a good eye you have there ^^ I also noticed that when i watched ep 8 but wasn't sure because I watched it raw then. But seeing as you noticed it too, it does seem like it. Wow all the characters are really tangled together omg. so excited for the upcoming eps.

--

IYUNOM01DM_0000011_201709012045_E0000_T1

So far I really like Yeonjoo's personality. :) I always look forward to her and her's mother's scenes everytime coz it's so hilarious XD

And she really has a pure heart :heart:  I love how she still managed to be positive despite of what she's going through. I hope Sowon continues to be close to her and finally love her for who she is. And I hope he doesn't hide the fact that he has a daughter from his ex gf. Knowing Yeonjoo she'll probably be sad but eventually she'll understand and maybe even offer to adopt that girl.

Honestly, I was surprised and relieved at same time that Seo Hyorim's playing a lovable character despite of her background. I mean like the cliché spoiled mean girl who ruins the heroin's life.. and that's when Joo Aeri appears.. THE PREVIEW UGHHH. I kinda expected that she'll be reappearing as permanent character and not only as a cameo coz she's on the poster but still UGHH hahahah anyways we can't help not having a richard simmons in a drama well atleast vice Chairwitch is till a bigger richard simmons than her. And that secretary.. is kinda hot but AIGOOO what an waste. hahah

5ba35c05ecc64fbeb396d9192193bf0c.jpeg?x=

Archived