[Drama 2017-2018] Man who sets the table, 밥상 차리는 남자

0ly40

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is lower than when "You are too much" premiered but it is not that bad. It is still close to the double digits and at least, it is not 2% like some mean spirited netizens foresaw when Sooyoung was announced as female lead.

Moreover, the drama got a lot of recognition on Naver. It charted really high in the real time ranking for almost the whole night and many praised it for being sitcom-ish instead of expected makjang.

Sooyoung also ranked high which is great too but a lot of comments bashed her looks for not being lead's worthy so it is sad. At least, all the articles I read (well more like tried XD) acknowledged her performance so let's just hope the hatred will decrease over the time :D

EPISODE 1 WITH ENG SUBS NOW UP!! ~> http://kissasian.ch/G/186657?l=http%3a%2f%2fkissasian.ch%2fDrama%2fMan-Who-Sets-the-Table%2fEpisode-1%3fid%3d34564

EPISODE 2 WITH ENG SUBS ~> http://kissasian.ch/G/186657?l=http%3a%2f%2fkissasian.ch%2fDrama%2fMan-Who-Sets-the-Table%2fEpisode-2%3fid%3d34572

What do you think about the first ep guys? I had a really great laugh and I have feeling you guys did too! :)

There is somethiing that really bugged me, the way Roori's ex pushes and hurts her is beyond me. I mean how could a guy hit a girl like that!! I was like boiling with anger everytime he does that and on ep 2 he also participated in the girls' catfight I was like WTF why would you pull a girl's hair like that when you're a guy?! plus, she was even his girlfriend and even fiance at some point! Even if you didn't really love her doesn't it hurt your ego to push girls like that? What a dimwit.

I 'm sorry guys I'm just so angry at that Bong Myungtae. I can't help thinking that Lee Si Eon's gonna get scolded by Kyungho (SY's bf) the way he scolded Oh Daehwan when he pushed Sooyoung in Squad 38 (38 Task Force) LOL

Honestly, though the drama is good, I'm more interested with character WooJoo.

He's a boy who is a judo athlete that appears to be cool and manly.

But actually he was forced  to take that sport.

He is really introverted and prefers hobbies like knitting and self nail-art which he hides from others except from his younger half-sister (JiYeong).

He's even confused whether he is a boy or a girl due to his personality and hobbies. His younger-sister calls him "Eonnie/Unnie" (term that girls calling their older female sibling/friend)

I'm looking forward on his story.

@uglypearl well that is paradox and dual standards of modern society. His story will be interesting to see you are right. Does he think because he likes knitting and nail art he absolutely needs to be a girl?

Oh the paradox of society....on one had it says don't classify as male or female...and then go on to stereotype what is "male" or "female". Why can't a guy like knitting and still be a guy? Whoever said a guy "had" to like sports, whoever said a girl "had" to like knitting?

Society and culture have over time dictated what is considered a feminine trait and what is considered a masculine trait, there is nothing wrong with that. What the problem is: why is one trait considered weaker than the other?  at some point, just because women are by nature physically weaker than men, feminine traits were associated with weakness. This was the mistake. Both women and men are strong, we are equals. A woman's strength is in that where a man's weakness lies and vice versa, that is why we complement. 

We now see society encouraging woman to do the same things guys generally are associated with  and still be a woman . Why can't we extend the same courtesy to guys... do the same thing women generally are associated with  and still be a guy

what is wrong with a guy being "girly?" Or liking feminine traits....people who make fun of guys who are "girly" are the worst because they think that woman are inferior that men, why else make fun of a guy for who likes knitting. If one is dating someone  who does that then answer this:  are women inferior to men? If answer is yes.... ditch the person, not worth your time. BE with someone who understands the true equality of sexes.

it drives me crazy seeing as how modern society who hold itself up as being "more educated/ more enlighten" has the most blatant dual standards and as a whole contradicts itself! 

P.S: this I see my first time here...hello everyone 

oh forgive my rant

@finebyme

I also think there's nothing wrong of guys having hobbies like knitting or nail art or doing anything considered to be "girly/feminine" in the society.

WooJoo should not hide this to everyone. He should not be embarrassed. He should embrace and accept himself for who he really is.

On 9/3/2017 at 3:51 PM, asiiatdu82 said:
It is lower than when "You are too much" premiered but it is not that bad. It is still close to the double digits and at least, it is not 2% like some mean spirited netizens foresaw when Sooyoung was announced as female lead.

Moreover, the drama got a lot of recognition on Naver. It charted really high in the real time ranking for almost the whole night and many praised it for being sitcom-ish instead of expected makjang.

Sooyoung also ranked high which is great too but a lot of comments bashed her looks for not being lead's worthy so it is sad. At least, all the articles I read (well more like tried XD) acknowledged her performance so let's just hope the hatred will decrease over the time :D

Don't lose hope! We still have 48 episodes to go! :) The last I checked the ratings went up in both Nationwide and in Seoul ^^ 
On the makjang part, I actually watched the whole presscom raw.. and I understood some parts, that everytime Kim Kapsoo recieves a script for a drama he asks the director,"Is it going to be a makjang or not? if you say no, I will give it a thought" and this time it was the same, and the director replied "No, it is not. I really want to make good drama, a family drama" then Kim Kapsoo "Okay, let's give it a try." So he said that we should just believe in them coz the will make a great and fun weekend drama :) 

*sighhhh* Ikr. almost every drama she leads in, netizens always bash her looks but then later on she gets an award (My Spring Days) and her drama become highest rating drama in the network (38 Task Force) SO TAKE THAT YOU BLIND NETIZENS!! LMAO. I won't ask for so much but I really hope Knetz will stop bashing her and see her true beauty for her acting. :) 

I find the drama funny i like soo young 's acting and OJW cute face completes it it really lovely  the father is the problem but yet still thinks he is right in everything 

manwhosetsthetable-teaser06.jpg

this part is amazing you cant make someone kneel cos you just hate her the ex-boyfriend is hilarious 

I read some comments on dramanice and I am really surprised because they didnt like Sooyoung's performance saying it was awkward. I really dont get it because I think she is doing a great job. Not being biased but she nailed the comic and sad scenes. It is weird because she is actually being praised by Knetz whereas they are super harsh on her usually. So does anyone share the same feeling than them ?

42 minutes ago, asiiatdu82 said:

I read some comments on dramanice and I am really surprised because they didnt like Sooyoung's performance saying it was awkward. I really dont get it because I think she is doing a great job. Not being biased but she nailed the comic and sad scenes. It is weird because she is actually being praised by Knetz whereas they are super harsh on her usually. So does anyone share the same feeling than them ?

I can see why..there are indeed some scenes when I was wondering what had happened to her acting, lol. But if only they watched this drama after watching her other projects, they could clearly see there's a reason behind the awkwardness. I don't see any traces of Yi An, Chun Sunghee, Lee Bomyi in Lee Roori. Looking back at Lee Roori's character, she's not confident at all in almost every aspect. Even when her boyfriend cheated on her, instead of fighting back of all the craps he said about her, she kind of admit to it and drown into her own misery. She planned to commit suicide but decided not to because afraid she might hit someone below the building. Lee Roori is awkward. It wasn't exaggeration when people said Sooyoung's acting is versatile.

About inetz saying the opposite of knetz, this wasn't the first time. I can't deny how much Korean actor looks really awkward in Japanese movies/dramas and vice versa. It has something to do with pronunciation, intonation, body language etc that that particular culture are comfortable in. Even if you watched an old movie, notice how much difference the intonation and body language that they used back then? Try to act the same in today's movie and people will criticized you for being too awkward.

@mylovegyoza

Which scenes ? 

But I understand what you mean. I was wondering because I really didnt see any problems with her acting. I am not being biased but the overreaction/craziness fit her character and the drama well. And I totally agree that you can't find her previous characters. Someone You Might Know finished airing less than one month ago but I swear, it is hard to believe that it is acted by the same actress. And this is abolutely what I love about acting. For example, Wang Zi Wen is a Chinese actress who starred in Ode to Joy 1&2 and When a Snails Falls in Love and it is amazing how different her characters are but she nails it so much (totally in fangirl mode lol)

Anyway, what are your thoughts about the first two episodes ? I am totally digging it XD

Is there something wrong with Soompi's server? Because the heart below your comments disappeared and I can't like any of your posts. :(

@asiiatdu82 *sighhh* I completely agree with you because admit it or not, my bias is Sooyoung but when it comes to acting.. putting aside my ultimate love for her, her scenes with On Joowan are so freaking funny XD The way she looked down on his.. uhm hahahaha and Taeyang's response is daebak! LMAO. Besides her, I'm really enjoying this drama for all the characters in it coz they have their own special charm. Woojoo & Eunbyul "unnie & sistah" and also Sowon's wife, Yeonjoo & her mother is so cute I laughed so much at the "Omma, Mommy" & "doll" part XD

I also really liked how the first episode flowed really fast compared to other family dramas (considering it's a 50-ep drama there's no need to hurry lmao) but I liked how it was straight to the point. 
Same with you I also stumbled upon negative comments about her looks (0h the usual, she's not lead-worthy, she only has long legs, etc) and her 'awkward' acting. And how this drama is boring etc. But I really didn't get it. But I guess we just need to accept that everyone has their own taste. I also had a number of dramas that I started but didn't have the heart to finish because I just really didn't feel like it. But I also watched some dramas that I didn't like at first but it got addicting at the end. So yeah. Personal preference.

21 hours ago, mylovegyoza said:

I can see why..there are indeed some scenes when I was wondering what had happened to her acting, lol. But if only they watched this drama after watching her other projects, they could clearly see there's a reason behind the awkwardness. I don't see any traces of Yi An, Chun Sunghee, Lee Bomyi in Lee Roori. Looking back at Lee Roori's character, she's not confident at all in almost every aspect. Even when her boyfriend cheated on her, instead of fighting back of all the craps he said about her, she kind of admit to it and drown into her own misery. She planned to commit suicide but decided not to because afraid she might hit someone below the building. Lee Roori is awkward. It wasn't exaggeration when people said Sooyoung's acting is versatile.

Which scenes? I am also curious as well XD
Yeaaah VERSATILE is the word! lol Lee Roori's awkwardness fighting!! (I decided to take that as a compliment LOL)

Archived