File:Man Who Sets the Table-P1.jpg

• Englisht title: Man Who Sets the Table
  • Hangul: 밥상 차리는 남자
  • Network: MBC
  • Episodes: 50
  • Release Date: September 2, 2017 to march 18, 2018
  • Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 20:45

Plot:

Lee Roo-Ri tries to get a job at big company, but she gives up. She doesn't have a good relationship with her strict father. Lee Roo-Ri decides to travel to a foreign country to get away. There, she meets Jung Tae-Yang  who goes by the YOLO motto. He wanders around the world and places priority on his happiness, but he also carries an emotional wound.

After she meets Jung Tae-Yang, Lee Roo-Ri has a turning point of her life.

Cast:

Soo Young

On Joo Wan

Shim Hyung Tak

Lee Il Hwa

Source: asianwiki

1rst teaser:

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohn Joo-wan may become Sooyoung’s Man Who Sets the Table

Source: dramabeans

ojw1.jpg

News has popped up that cutie actor Ohn Joo-wan (Beautiful Gong Shim) is in consideration for a new project, and has been offered the role as Sooyoung’s (Police Unit 38) love interest in MBC weekender Man Who Sets the Table.

The plot details are still vague at this point; perhaps planning hasn’t gotten that far into specifics yet because the drama won’t air until later this fall. However, we know it’ll be the second collaboration since Hooray For Love between PD Joo Sung-woo (Hundred Year Inheritance, Legendary Witch) and writer Park Hyun-joo (Wonderful Mama, Queen’s Flower). Both are experienced veterans at weekend makjang-style dramas, so maybe that’s where Man Who Sets the Table is headed.

I usually think of Ohn Joo-wan as the actor with the adorable smiling half-moon eyes who generally plays nonaggressive secondary characters, usually a Daddy Long Legs type who watches the girl from afar. For the upcoming Man Who Sets the Table, the title suggests a diversion from traditional gender roles, so it may not be too much of a departure from Ohn Joo-wan’s soft-spoken, caring image if he’ll be playing a supportive type here.

While this schedule isn’t set in stone, MBC has announced that it wants to begin broadcast for weekend drama Man Who Sets the Table in September, following You’re Too Much. Sooyoung has already committed to another web drama project in between, so we probably won’t see it any earlier.

Thank you again, @0ly40 for making this thread!! :)

So excited for this drama!! Actually, I only watched one weekend family kdrama and that is.. her boyfriend(Jung Kyung Ho)'s drama, "Smile, You!" and that was waaaay before they got together and it seems like it was destiny that I loved him so much there and now he's already celebrating his 5-year anniversary with my ultimate bias. (IKR. GOALS) As much as I wanted to watch some family dramas that were popular (Like Five Children and Take Care of my Father, etc.) I just cannot make the time for it. 50+ episodes is just too long T.T But there is always an exception, right? XD Only Sooyoung can make me do things I don't have the time for. LOL Anyways it has been long since I have been active here in Soompi.. ahh~ Squad 38 times// to those who know me.. Hi I'm back :wink: hahahah

Anyways I hope to see more updates about this drama and I do hope Ohn Joo-wan takes up the role. :) I haven't watched any dramas that he's in but I've seen many good reviews about him and besides, he's young.. and cute. That's a plus. HAHAHAHAH if you've watched any of SY's dramas you'll know what I'm talking about XD Seo Inguk's the youngest yet.. and they freakin' didn't even have a kissing scene!!! But there's always rainbow after the rain... Coz' her new webdrama in JTBC, "Someone You May Know" she's partened up with someone her age!! (edit: my mistake, he's 26, lol she's a year older. but still! this is the 1st time this happened XD)
 Lee Wongeun and he's THE CUTEST!!!!! ASDFGHJKL THE SUN IS SURELY SHINING FOR US SOOYOUNGSTERS and all I could say is, IT'S ABOUT D*MN TIME!! XD HAHHAH Sorry just so hyper coz ugh excited XD

On Joo-Wan cast in MBC drama series “Man Who Sets the Table”

source: Asianwiki

Resultado de imagen para 온주완

On Joo-Wan is cast in upcoming MBC drama series “Man Who Sets the Table” co-starring Sooyoung. On Joo-Wan wil play lead male character Jung Tae-Yang. His character travels around the world and goes by the “You Only Live Once” motto. Jung Tae-Yang places priority on his happiness, but he also carries an emotional scar. He meets a woman played by Sooyoung who travels overseas after failing to land a corporate job.

“Man Who Sets the Table” first airs September, 2017 in South Korea (takes over MBC’s Saturday and Sunday 8:45PM time slot after “You Are Too Much.”)

• 1 month later...
JUNE 23, 2017

“Man Who Sets The Table” (2017 Drama) : Casts & Summary

DRAMATICLES

SNSD SooYoung is going to act an ordinary realistic character in MBC drama “Man Who Sets The Table“. 

One of the best K-Pop girl groups, SNSD’s member Choi SooYoung has been successful in her acting career as much as her idol career. In September, she will be on TV with On JooWan in drama “Man who sets the table”. Besides, this drama is going to be on the air on weekends, so it’s highly expected that this drama grabs much attention and popularity. “Man who sets the table” is dealing with realistic stories based on youth’s lives and romance. A staff introduced that this drama is based on touching stories related to young adults who are struggling with their own troubles. As top stars are going to participate this drama, lots of fans are looking forward it. 

Must Read : Truely Useful Beauty Tips We’ve Learned From SooYoung Of SNSD

“Man who sets the table” is going to go on the air on MBC in September, 2017.

Man Who Sets The Table

Spoiler

SooYoung, SNSD, 2017 SooYoung, On JooWan, Man who sets the table, MBC drama

Elle, Will Entertainment

Information

Title: Man who sets the table/ 밥상을 차리는 남자

Director: Joo SungWoo

Writer: Park HyunJoo

Network: MBC

Runtime: 2017

# of Episodes: TBA

Language: Korean

Summary

“Man who sets the table” is dealing with ‘family’ things. It’s the time of ‘revolution in family’, so this drama is based on those different forms of families. Also, the main story of “Man who sets the table” is adult man’s project to regain his happiness lost with family crisis. 

Cast

Choi SooYoung as Lee RooRi

Lee RooRi, one of normal woman who are in between jobs, are actually almost giving up finding a job. Because she dreams about only major companies which are the hardest. She has a big problem with her father who imposes a big pressure on her, so she escaped from him. In foreign country where she hided from her dad, she met Jung TaeYang and that’s a turning point of her life.

Spoiler

SooYoung, SNSD, SNSD SooYoung, man who set the table

SM ENT

On JooWan as Jung TaeYang

Jung TaeYang is a typical YOLO(You Only Live Once) person. In other words, happiness weighs more than success for him. Jung TaeYang are traveling all around the worlds with his free spirits. However, different from what he looks like,  he has deep trauma in his mind.

Spoiler

On JooWan, 2017 On JooWan, man who set the table

Will Entertainmnet

Source: http://www.kpopmap.com/man-sets-table-2017-drama-cast-summary/

Another update!! Hehe I'm on a roll again today.. :joy:

Is that On Joowan with her? I can't seem to recognize his side view :neutral: But I'm guessing if that's Roori's father they're with, then they met up with him together at the airport on the way home! Just grasping the plot here :joy: What do you think guys? 

@thecrazedkfangirl I remember you in 38 Task Force Unit forum. I was with you guys until midway because I was so busy with work. I just knew Sooyoung had another drama project. 50 episodes seem so much for me to handle. XD. But I find myself waiting patiently for Bad Thief Good Thief every weekend, so I might be able to go through with this. I think there's no way a Korean drama without makjang will be a 50 episodes. I cannot predict the  kind of makjang this story will tell us, but I really like how the plot seems so lowkey that it actually reflects the slice of marriage couple. I'll be here for updates. 

@mylovegyoza Omo I remember you too!! Annyeong~! :blush: I'm happy someone finally found this thread XD *whispers* Come people come join meeeee hahah

Well I've watched every single thing that's Sooyoung's on (and I streamed every ep of every drama #proud lol) so this waiting thing is kinda normal for me tho I've never experienced waiting for a 50-ep drama too. (but as long as it's sooyoung I can bear it hahah)

I agree with you on the 'makjang' part. But as a SY fan this is refreshing for me because it's the first time she's casted on a 50-ep family drama especially when she has a 'sure' loveline here. And as the plot suggests, 'marriage life' So I was like, "Ooohh wifey sooyoung!! kyaaaaa!!" So yeah I'm a sucker for romance /slash/ Sooyoung's lovelines.

*spoiler is for those who already watched Squad 38*

Spoiler

You know, I was kinda dissapointed with Squad 38 coz of what they did to SY's character and ofc her 'meh' loveline with Inguk. I had high expectations for that drama coz I was thirsty for SY's romance scenes.. but yeah I understand that 'romance' is out of Squad 38's genre and if I could rate that drama as a whole it is a 9/10 for me, BUT if they didn't use SY's as a bait for viewers I could easily give it a 1000/10 LMAO but why OCN huhuhuhu 

Slightly off-topic from this drama..
I'm watching 'My Father is Strange' rn (which is a 50-ep family drama) and I'm still on ep 7 even tho it's already on it's 36th ep (if i'm not mistaken) and I'm kinda bored because the plot is moving so sloooow XD (plus I'm busy with work too) the only thing that keeps me going is Lee Joon & Jung Somin's loveline that's why I just keep spoiling myself everytime a new ep's posted. (LMAO Ikr I'm bad XD)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh My God, it is so hard to wait for September. I am checking for new updates every freakin' day ! It is driving me insane XD

Thanks for starting the thread tho. Let's just hope that we are getting a quality drama bc MBC doesnt have a good reputation when it comes to weekend dramas. I tend to prefer KBS with gems like Unexpected You ans Five Kids. Although I liked Marriage Contract a lot, most of them tend to have makjang filled plotlines. So I am really crossing my fingers to have a good story and characters who make sense. Likeable too lol.

At least the cast is great ! Obviously I am freakin' excited for Sooyoung's return on a public network (lol) and I hope she gets a better role than the last one in 38 Police Squad (still so bitter :@) and I really liked On Joo Wan's latest works like Village and Beautiful Gongshim. Cant say I am a huuuge fan but he can act and he is hot lol. Seo Hyo Rim is confirmed too ? I dont want her to be a bitchy second lead ... The reunion with OJW after BGS tho. No male second lead btw ? Maybe it is the father bc based on the sypnosis and the title, his role is quite big which is why it is not surprising than such a great veteran actor like Kim Kap Soo was choosen. I was not expecting him so I really wonder how his chemistry with Sooyoung is going to be. Of course between SY and OJW too but they look good together in the stills.

Anyway I hope to see more and more people joining us :D

NEW UPDATES :

KYYYYYYAH FOR LEE IL HWA !!! She is the most beautiful and elegant KDrama's mom. She is perfect in the Reply series and most recently Chief Kim !

• 2 weeks later...

First script reading for MBC drama series “Man Who Sets the Table”

Man-Who-Sets-the-Table-p01.jpg

First script reading for upcoming MBC drama series “Man Who Sets the Table” starring On Joo-Wan and Sooyoung (“Girls’ Generation“) took place June, 2017. The first script reading featured main cast members On Joo-Wan, Sooyoung, Shim Hyung-Tak, Lee Il-Hwa, Seo Hyo-Rim, Park Jin-Woo, Kim Kap-Soo, and Kim Mi-Sook. Lee Si-Un also attended the first script reading as he will make a cameo appearance as the ex-boyfriend of Tae-Yang (Sooyoung). Filming for the drama series began shortly afterwards, with filming taking place in Guam at the end of June, 2017.

“Man Who Sets the Table” first airs September 2, 2017 in South Korea.

source: asianwiki

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Man who sets the table, 밥상 차리는 남자, Sep 2

KYAAAAA~!! OMG im so happy you guys are replying to this thread! :) It's only a matter of time before September comes and we'll get bigger :) 

On 8/5/2017 at 1:31 AM, 0ly40 said:

Lee Si-Un also attended the first script reading as he will make a cameo appearance as the ex-boyfriend of Tae-Yang (Sooyoung). 

LMAO AT THIS XD Actually Sooyoung's character is named, "Lee Roori" and the one whose called "Jung Taeyang" is Ohn Joowan XD That's why I was confused for a moment when I saw the cast list at AsianWiki I was like, "Whut? Is Taeyang gay at first?" Then I saw the teaser and that's when I realized HAHAHHA get your facts straight AsianWiki!! (no pun intended XD)

On 8/5/2017 at 3:23 AM, asiiatdu82 said:

I find it so hilarious how Lee Si On is gonna act as Sooyoung's ex boyfriend in the drama when in real life, he is one of the closest friends of her longtime boyfriend, Jung Kyung Ho, haha.

I thought of this too!! Mehehe. I remember that 'I Live Alone' episode when Jung Kyungho visited Lee Si On and they were talking about how he doesn't listen to any other groups besides SNSD anymore when he and SY started dating then Si On suddenly saw Sooyoung's picture on the rack behind Kyungho XD

If you wanna see the vid click the spoiler ^^

Spoiler

Archived