[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Wolf 狼殿下

sugarplum892

This was a comment from one of the mydramalist user @phoenix 15 days ago

:tears::tears:

https://mydramalist.com/24662-the-wolf

I...am back bringing bad news... So I found that Iqiyi projected timetable for 2019 I mentioned before. And this drama is listed there T^T And worse, it's under category <2019年暂未定档> meaning it's still undetermined when in 2019 it's gonna air (the table is categorized like Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 of 2019)

The air date is given as December 2019:scream:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

This was a comment from one of the mydramalist user @phoenix 15 days ago

:tears::tears:

https://mydramalist.com/24662-the-wolf

I...am back bringing bad news... So I found that Iqiyi projected timetable for 2019 I mentioned before. And this drama is listed there T^T And worse, it's under category <2019年暂未定档> meaning it's still undetermined when in 2019 it's gonna air (the table is categorized like Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 of 2019)

The air date is given as December 2019:scream:

OMG!!!! This is the second time ther release date of the drama was wrong. The first time was for December 2017 and then December 20118 . Now @pad-hari ur saying it will in 2019. How much longer do we have to wait for ir. Why did they even bother showing us the Trailer in 2017. smh smh smh :bawling::bawling::cold_sweat:

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

• 1 month later...

It's 2019 already!!! Hope we can finally see it this year, now that the director has finally finished the final touches :D.

I am so ready for this!

Edit (date April 17, 2019). Someone mentioned in MDL, just a rumor though,  July - September. Shanghai Dongfang TV (Dragon TV). Mondays - Thursdayss, 8 episodes per week.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People on weibo were hinting that the producer was going to announce  regarding the release date, but she never did.

I just read an article on weibo and it said that the wolf is going to be broadcasted soon just dont have an official date. Either they are having a hard time finding a broadcaster or maybe all the time slots are filled up. Im afraid were gonna have to wait till 2020 if it doesnt aur before August. Starting October 1, only dramas related to 70th anniversary of china will be aired and maybe a few idol dramas. But this means dramas with fantasy elements wil not air. The next rumoured date is Aug 20. But at this point anything can happen. I wouldn't really trust rumored dates until their official weibo updates us with something. There is a possibility that it will air without any warning or promotion like The Untamed did. Alot of netizens are anticipating this drama as well and it sucks that alot of us had to wait for 2 years. Im pretty sure the ban has been lifted and im sure they've had alot of time to fix and edit scenes. Hotpot.tv is a free online streaming websites for chinese and taiwanese dramas. The website said it's going to air this month. Since the creator of the website has connection with chinese media, i have a little bit of hope that maybe it will air soon. 

If you want to see li qin and xiao zhan, they have upcoming movie called Jade Dynasty which will be airing on September 12th of this year.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 5:42 AM, mskk1354 said:

Im afraid were gonna have to wait till 2020 if it doesnt aur before August. Starting October 1, only dramas related to 70th anniversary of china will be aired and maybe a few idol dramas. But this means dramas with fantasy elements wil not air. The next rumoured date is Aug 20.

From what I understand, the hundred day restriction began in August and applies specifically to dramas broadcast on TV.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/2/2019 at 10:54 AM, Table122000 said:

Good News! Drama has been listed to air this winter (sometime between Dec. 2019-Feb 2020)  at Zhejiang Satellite TV!  Hopefully this happens and no last minute cancellation. 

It is almost end of Feb... And the spring has started...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

It is almost end of Feb... And the spring has started...

Yes. Unfortunately, no news about this drama. There have been some rumors, but no official news.  Hopefully, it will air in 2020.  We will just have to wait and see what happens. I honestly don't understand why it is taking so long for this drama to air.  You would think the producers and broadcasters would want to capitalize on the popularity of Xiao Zhan and Li Qin. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Table122000 said:

You would think the producers and broadcasters would want to capitalize on the popularity of Xiao Zhan and Li Qin. 

Yeah it happens too to The Fated General starring Zhang RuoYun, production from 2016 until now.. Geez... 

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

keeping fingers cross.....maybe cause the lead is from Taiwan :

Oh boy... Not fair is it...

• Like 2