[WGM] Sleepy ❤ Gok Ju

Lmangla

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/4/2017 at 9:04 PM, stelmosfire said:

I'm really glad that Sleepy and Jungmo got on well. I think it's great for everyone included if they become friends.

It was so sweet of Jungmo to say that he is grateful cause lately GJ doesn't talk to him as much as she used to~the shipper heart in me was so happy thinking that both Sleepy n GJ must have spent much more time together since WGM:wub:

On 16/4/2017 at 9:04 PM, stelmosfire said:

Oh, and something that their honeymoon preview reminded me of, because I love when they mention each other: Some weeks back on GJ's radio show (no idea about the actual date) they were talking about travel programs... They mentioned that travel programs are something that seems fun beforehand but is actually really tiresome. Someone asked GJ "You did a travel program with Sleepy, right?" (meaning One Night Food Trip) and she answered "Yes, but back then Sleepy did all the hard stuff so it wasn't too bad."

Honestly I sometimes have doubt about Sleepy, but GJ has always been very consistent so far in showing and saying what a great guy he is and how good he takes care of her on and off camera~that I have no choice but to believe her~well she knows him better than me obviously.:lol:

Listen to Sleepy's new single. His lyrics is based on his complaint regarding his career. Poor him. 

Looking forward for today's episode.... read somewhere that both of them aware with the final/ending episode and decide to prepare something special for us. Let see.... if no skinship, no kiss, I will flip table! hurmp!

Hello~ I've been a a bit of silent lurker on the forum for a while, but with the dampening news of GJ and Sleepy leaving WGM, I thought that I might as well make an account here on Soompi and try my best to make a few posts about my favorite WGM couple. :D I'm not the best at organizing and expressing my thoughts into words, so I'll try my best posts understandable by putting them in bullet points. 

• The Big Wheel Ride: Even though GJ was hoping that the Big Wheel ride will give them the chance to get close and share their thoughts, she didn't seem too annoyed or angry when things didn't go as planned because of Sleepy's acrophobia. I liked that as their cart got higher, she would talk to Sleepy so he wouldn't feel as nervous. I found GJ's playfully teasing Sleepy cute, like when she tries to shake the cart a bit and when she manages to close the cart door before Sleepy can get out of it. I feel that we mostly see GJ's maturity on the show, in contrast to Sleepy's child-like nature, so seeing her play some minor jokes on Sleepy was nice too see. Sleepy doesn't seem to get mad by her actions either. Rather, when she tries to shake the cart, he seemed feel a little more relaxed despite being scared. And when he escapes off the ride, he jokes with GJ about how he panicked. Although, the ride wasn't romantic as they originally planned it to be, both of them were able to enjoy the ride. 
    • When GJ tries to tell Sleepy not to be scared because he has to be courageous and get first place in Show Me the Money, he says he can't get first place and GJ laughs from his comment. But, the male panelist's comment about how he noticed that "[GJ] wants to say something" caught my attention. 

I only have enough time right now to share my thoughts and observations about their time in the Big Wheel Ride, but I still many more comments to make about the rest of their segment on this episode, so I'll try posting it tomorrow. :)

Oh man, I have a feeling this post is going to be long, so bear with me, please~ :sweatingbullets:

• As Na Rae mentioned, GJ and Sleepy get along well with each other. They listen to each other well, and follow each other's lead naturally. When Sleepy tells GJ to toast their glasses four times, she does it immediately even if she was confused. An as past episode have shown, Sleepy does well in following GJ's lead when she suggests something. They balance each other out nicely in the aspects where they may lack and bring out each others strengths. 
    • I always enjoy watching GJ and Sleepy's conversations when they bounce off each others jokes. Especially in this episode, since it involved some flirtatious remarks with Sleepy's "Oppa's drunk~" talk. GJ's "I'll put my guard down today, too" was a perfect response that allowed Sleepy to try to slip in a 19+ joke. He didn't even get to finish his sentence, and his "Then today..." comment always gets me blushing :wub: I was freaking out just like Na Rae, haha. The music in the background didn't help either! :sweatingbullets:  
  • The flower shop place looked really pretty~. Sleepy secretly buying a small cactus plant for GJ was very thoughtful and sweet! It really showed how he's attentive to what GJ says and does. It immediately brought a smile to GJ's face when he presented the plant to her~
  • Flower Light Tunnel: First off, before my fangirling kicks in, the tunnel was absolutely breathtaking! Despite the large crowd there, it really set a romantic atmosphere that I think gave them the little push they needed to initiate some skin ship. I've noticed from their past beginning episodes that GJ catches on quite quickly when Sleepy wants to initiate some skinship and usually freezes or swiftly moves away before he gets to make his move. But, this time, even though she felt shy, she doesn't move away and move closer instead. 
    • Kya~ As soon as I saw Sleepy was going to try to hold her hand, I was cheering him on along with the panel! I was yelling in my head for him to just go for it and hold her hand, but him taking time to reach her hand definitely brings out the excitement and nervousness in watching him try to hold her hand! ^_^ When re-watching the episode, seeing Sleepy awkwardly try to hold her hand was cute and funny when I remembered how bold he was with his words earlier about "heading back to the accommodations" after drinking. :lol:
  • Wagyu Restaurant: Since this part mainly focused on the food and them enjoying the meal, there wasn't too much talking between the two. They were still enjoyable to watch though by seeing how excited they were watching the chef's cook. Oh, and I also loved the bouncy walk they did when walking into the restaurant. They're too cute~ ^_^
  • Their Room: I'm not gonna lie, the first thing my eyes went to search for when they walked in was the beds. I was curious to see if they'll have a large bed to share or if there will be two separate beds for them. When I saw that it was twin sized beds I assumed Sleepy wouldn't try to suggest sleeping on the same bed. Boy, was I wrong! Not too long ago, he was awkwardly trying to hold GJ's hand, yet he shows no hesitation in sharing the same bed as her. How bold! :wink: I love Na Rae's reactions whenever Sleepy and GJ have any moment that's close to being 19+. Jung Mo had trouble watching them share a bed, too! I love their flustered reactions~
    • They're matching outfits and them making a picture album together was really cute, too! I noticed that all the gifts they have gotten each other or have received from other people are very thoughtful and creative. It makes me wonder what they'll do with the gifts when they're officially not on WGM anymore. It will be a waste to get rid of them and GJ and Sleepy don't seems like the type to throw a thoughtful gift away. It'll be a fun game in spotting any WGM gifts or pictures in the background if they're ever on a program again that involves filming in their apartment. 

Overall, I loved this episode~ Both GJ and Sleepy have progressed so much, not only as a couple but as individuals as well. I'm really going to miss seeing them together on WGM, but they were already good friends beforehand, so I looking forward to any possible future interactions between them. I also wish Sleepy good luck on Show Me the Money. :)

Sooo much cuteness in the last episode. Sleepy trying to hold Gookju's hand is so real. Lol ... like the struggles of a first date waiting for the guy to hold your hand and you're nervous at the same time.  I'm gonna miss their awesome chemistry but I'm sure better things will come to them after the show ends. Their friendship won't end here just bc their show ends. 

What I love about this episode:

●how supportive GJ was during the ferris wheel ride~she knows how to calm him down and motivate him whenever he's got panick attack and how well he listens to her~I don't believe that no one has ever asked him to change; other than GJ~it's just that she's the one who he listens to

●His "oppa is drunk" flirt was funny and shocking, love him whenever he flirts with GJ, gives me hope that he sees her not only as a friend but also as a woman. The next respond from him really caught her off guard that she just smacked him on the mouth, I wish he could finish his sentence tho, really want to know what he had in mind :lol:. I was thinking this could be how their real first meeting was like (the one that he said he had a blackout):lol:

●The hand holding was something that I had wish to see before their WGM ends~him being all nervous and awkward was just too real for me~it was so sweet of him to always check on her to get her reaction by looking at her face everytime he initiates skinship~They might be lack of physical affection but when they actually do it, it feels so real and genuine, not only for the camera sake.

● The honeymoon album was so cute and they had so much fun making it. 

●Sleepy wanted to sleep on the same bed; reminds me how he wants to do everything on his own term; he has his way to get through her tough exterior; GJ may seems to have more control of the relationship but there's something about Sleepy that can make her change her mind quickly.

Can't believe that we only have 1 more episode to go, gonna miss them like crazy~what they have is so special that it will be such a waste if they don't try to date each other for real..:wub:

21 hours ago, Noni Adriana said:

●His "oppa is drunk" flirt was funny and shocking, love him whenever he flirts with GJ, gives me hope that he sees her not only as a friend but also as a woman. The next respond from him really caught her off guard that she just smacked him on the mouth, I wish he could finish his sentence tho, really want to know what he had in mind :lol:. I was thinking this could be how their real first meeting was like (the one that he said he had a blackout):lol:

Haha his "oppa is drunk" flirt reminded me of that, too! :lol: It really makes me wonder what actually happened when they first met. 

Also, I forgot to mention in my past post about GJ saying her heart fluttered by holding hands with Sleepy. Before when GJ was asked about how she feels about her "marriage" with Sleepy, she would always answer "It's not heart fluttering, but it's fun." In the past, GJ will sometimes reluctantly mention that Sleepy's gestures made her think he was cool or looked cool. But, if my memory is correct, this is the first time GJ admits that Sleepy made her heart flutter. 

Their honeymoon trip was perfect in providing the romantic atmosphere to their relationship. Ahhh, it makes me sad seeing how far they've progressed and how there's only one episode left. :( But, maybe them knowing it would be their last filming together gave them the push they needed.  

On 3/5/2017 at 9:33 AM, JLR said:

Also, I forgot to mention in my past post about GJ saying her heart fluttered by holding hands with Sleepy. Before when GJ was asked about how she feels about her "marriage" with Sleepy, she would always answer "It's not heart fluttering, but it's fun." In the past, GJ will sometimes reluctantly mention that Sleepy's gestures made her think he was cool or looked cool. But, if my memory is correct, this is the first time GJ admits that Sleepy made her heart flutter. 

The keyword is "admits"~I'm maybe in the minority but I believe she likes him more than he likes her~she just doesn't admit it~not yet at least.

I think Sleepy senses that. There were 2 times that he said she could be lying about her feeling~first in ILA interview he said that he likes her and she already said that she doesn't and then he added "she could be lying though." Second time in WGM when he tried his suit for the award night~he asked her repeteadly if she likes the way he looks in a suit and she kept answer "no" and he said "you're lying again." (It appears to me that they have this kind of conversation many times before and Sleepy feels that she likes him, she just won't admit it).

Both are very unique individuals~but since I have known a guy with similar personality traits with Sleepy before so I'm more interested to get to know GJ more. She was so shy and hesitates about doing the skinship with Sleepy since the beginning~you can really see how careful and considerate Sleepy is towards her~the haters said she was just acting but I believe She was really scared that she might fall for him for real~we only have 1 episode left and she can't even look him straight in the eyes.

22 hours ago, Noni Adriana said:

The keyword is "admits"~I'm maybe in the minority but I believe she likes him more than he likes her~she just doesn't admit it~not yet at least.

I understand what you mean, I also think GJ likes Sleepy more than he likes her.

Sleepy seems like the type to be expressive with his thoughts and feelings and has no problems in publicly displaying what he feels. While GJ seems to prefer keeping her thoughts and feelings to herself, only sharing what she feels with close friends in private. So, at first glance in looking at the dynamic between the two, it seems like Sleepy likes GJ more than she like him. 

When I first watched their interactions on I Live Alone and their first episodes on WGM, I used to think Sleepy liked GJ more. Although, I could see that GJ did care about Sleepy, I thought GJ only see her relationship with Sleepy as a friendly business relationship, even during their time on WGM. She said on Happy Together that she maintains a strict business relationship between herself and Sleepy because she didn't want to misunderstand his intentions and develop romantic feelings for him.

But looking back, I think GJ had already developed some romantic feelings for him (even if she didn't realize it) and built herself a wall to keep herself from dwelling deeper into it. But, it seems like Sleepy broke that wall already quite a while ago. I think being on WGM forced her to come into realization of her own feelings whether she wanted to or not. I do think GJ likes Sleepy more than he like her, she's just holding back in blatantly expressing her feelings. 

I've only recently discovered Sleepy, so my analysis of him might be inaccurate or flawed. If anyone who's a fan of his disagrees with me or has different perspectives on Sleepy's character and personality, I'd like to hear your thoughts, too~  I'd really like to know more about him. :) And while I'm no expert on GJ either, she reminds me a lot of myself, so I find it easier for me to get a better grasp of GJ's character and personality. 

Jlr & Noni Adriana u guys are spot on about your viewpoints on Sleepy & Gookju. Hehe

I also believe Gookju likes Sleepy but doesn't show it due to being hurt by others prior. The feeling of not knowing whether or not the person truly likes you for who you are or is just using you for something else is painful and not something one can get over easily. Gookju building a wall and preventing herself from being hurt is understandable and reasonable. One has to rebuild their confidence and overcome the hurt before moving on. I'm sure one day she'll find that someone that will truly love and cherish her. That person maybe someone right in front of her all this time or just a stranger passing by. Life is unpredictable. For now I like the career oriented,  generous and confident person she has become over the past year.  Evident from her weight loss to her looking rather attractive and beautiful to date. When you take care and love yourself for who you are that's happiness within oneself. Something no one else can give you.  

38 minutes ago, denise31 said:

One has to rebuild their confidence and overcome the hurt before moving on. I'm sure one day she'll find that someone that will truly love and cherish her. That person maybe someone right in front of her all this time or just a stranger passing by. Life is unpredictable. For now I like the career oriented,  generous and confident person she has become over the past year.  Evident from her weight loss to her looking rather attractive and beautiful to date. When you take care and love yourself for who you are that's happiness within oneself. Something no one else can give you.  

@denise31 That was beautifully said~! :) I also hope GJ finds someone who will love and cherish her. The same goes for Sleepy. I love seeing them together, but if they find someone else to be in a relationship with or if they decide to never be in a relationship, I'll be fine with that, too. In the end, I want them both to be happy. ^_^ 

10 hours ago, JLR said:

@denise31 That was beautifully said~! :) I also hope GJ finds someone who will love and cherish her. The same goes for Sleepy. I love seeing them together, but if they find someone else to be in a relationship with or if they decide to never be in a relationship, I'll be fine with that, too. In the end, I want them both to be happy. ^_^ 

LJR, its so weird not knowing them before and now i really2 care for them, like i never care about artist before.
i wish both of the will be happy, even if not with one another or being together..these two kind people deserve the happiness they entitled to..

4 hours ago, farahin nur said:

LJR, its so weird not knowing them before and now i really2 care for them, like i never care about artist before.
i wish both of the will be happy, even if not with one another or being together..these two kind people deserve the happiness they entitled to..

I surprised myself, too, by how quickly I became attached to GJ and Sleepy and thought maybe I was a little weird for that, especially since I don't get easily attached to TV personalities. It's nice to see that someone else feels the same way~!

Let's continue cheering them on~ :D 

It's funny how I once hoped to see their last episode soon just to know how they actually feel about each other, and now that the day has finally came I still feel not ready to say goodbye to this unique and beautiful couple~I know better things will come to their way~but watching them together has became my vitamin for the past 6 months~I'm sure I'm gonna be on rewatching mode this whole week~really gonna miss them as a couple :heart:

Archived