[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Flame’s Daughter 烈火如歌

sugarplum892

definitely YX for this. Binbin is turning evil here. The Prince needs to show some aggression/jealousy but nooo... he steps aside for Binbin. lol.

I hope Binbin and Dilireba gets another chinese drama with a happy ending together finally. :tongue:

I couldn't finish King's Woman because of the tragic ending.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is funny...when the drama started, almost everyone are for Binbin. I was very disapointed and sad that no one like YX - only a few, who read the novel. Now a lot of girls started to fall for YX/Vic Zhao. 

YX has a very special personality, if you don't know it you will find it in the beginning very strange. Vic Zhao did a graet job! I love how he portray YX - in the novel, he is much more girlish - Ruge even said he is like a little child. I am happy, that in the drama he is not like that - he is more playful in it. I don't think a newcome actor could have do this kind of job. So I am glad, that even Vic looks older, he got this part.

Somehow I am not a big fan of BinBin and the King's Woman I droped after a few eps because I find it very boring. 

I like ep 9 when she fought ZF.  The actor who played ZF is quite good and made me want to throw something to him ^_^

Imo the storyline is quite good,though sometimes the pace was too slow and too many unnecessary scenes,  the scenery is beautiful and the background music are good. Actually i like YX's character,  but i think the actor played it awkwardly and sometimes out of place. But in ep 9 he's fine. 

@12blb - did you read the novel? I asked, it - because you said, the actor played it awkwardly and soemtimes out of place. When I first read the novel, I thought about YX the same - what is that kind of man? But then you started to like him, especially because he is so strange and out of place.

1 hour ago, LuMNaL said:

it is funny...when the drama started, almost everyone are for Binbin. I was very disapointed and sad that no one like YX - only a few, who read the novel. Now a lot of girls started to fall for YX/Vic Zhao. 

YX has a very special personality, if you don't know it you will find it in the beginning very strange. Vic Zhao did a graet job! I love how he portray YX - in the novel, he is much more girlish - Ruge even said he is like a little child. I am happy, that in the drama he is not like that - he is more playful in it. I don't think a newcome actor could have do this kind of job. So I am glad, that even Vic looks older, he got this part.

Somehow I am not a big fan of BinBin and the King's Woman I droped after a few eps because I find it very boring. 

Well I still prefer BinBin's Acting than Vic. Yes, YX character so outstanding and easy to let audience love.Vic's perfomance was ok but awkward sometimes. Waiting to see BinBin's performance when ZF know the truth.All shown episode until now has spotlight on YX than the other 2 guys.

1 hour ago, LuMNaL said:

@12blb - did you read the novel? I asked, it - because you said, the actor played it awkwardly and soemtimes out of place. When I first read the novel, I thought about YX the same - what is that kind of man? But then you started to like him, especially because he is so strange and out of place.

No i have not read the novel. Actually it's not the personality or behavior  but rather the way the actor perform or express or act his character which i felt awkward. Lol i don't know the precise words, since english is not my main language. 

Dilraba and Bin Bin always look good together but I can't stand his character! Watching this, I'm like "Girl, let him go! He is not worth it! He's not even worth a second of your time!" Just be like this:

giphy.gif

I honestly want her with Yu right now. I have strong third male lead syndrome right now!

54 minutes ago, ipohtown said:

I like YX too.. he’s funny. 

Does anyone know who Ruge will marry? 

Spoiler

in the novel, she didn't marry anyone  but in the end she live togther with Yu the prince. But it is never clear, if she loves him or just feel a responsilbility to look after him. In the end she just said "I wanted to die with you (YX) but who will take care of second brother?"

Binbin is doing too good a job being dumb. Otherwise I'd pick him - I like his looks the best. However since he IS being dumb, I have to choose between YX and the prince...

I think that if YX and the prince merged so that you have the prince's soulful looks and YingXue's quirky sense of humor that would be ideal. SO!

Spoiler

IF it's true that it will end with YX's soul in the prince's body that would be perfect, though I would feel really sad for the prince. Sometimes it's like the prince's life is so full of trials I would understand if he just wanted to rest and let it all go... But no, I want the three of them (YX, prince and RuGe) to be happy.

35 minutes ago, crispachu said:

Binbin is doing too good a job being dumb. Otherwise I'd pick him - I like his looks the best. However since he IS being dumb, I have to choose between YX and the prince...

I think that if YX and the prince merged so that you have the prince's soulful looks and YingXue's quirky sense of humor that would be ideal. SO!

Reveal hidden contents

IF it's true that it will end with YX's soul in the prince's body that would be perfect, though I would feel really sad for the prince. Sometimes it's like the prince's life is so full of trials I would understand if he just wanted to rest and let it all go... But no, I want the three of them (YX, prince and RuGe) to be happy.

@crispachu... I feel the same way.  All three should have a happy ending. 

Spoiler

YX and Yu Zi Han  both want Ge'er to be happy. It is so cute that they both look out for her in different ways. Zang Hang is stil in love with her but chooses revenge over his love for the woman he loves. He is suffering right now but yet he still can't keep his hand off her. LOL LOL

On 08/03/2018 at 7:16 PM, nna125 said:

I don't like YX. I feel he know everything behind ZF and Ruge story but let it go that way. I think he so selfish. I prefer YZH

Well, from my understanding of the situation is that YX is very good at reading characters. The misunderstanding between ZF and RG only started 2 yrs ago, if he goes and fix it, because of ZF’s characters, which seems to be loving RG as his second thing in life, he did not put her first, he’s handsome, ambitious, strong will, once he has doubts, there isn’t much you can do to change his mind (demonstrated through the first few episodes), YX can’t go around all day watching and fixing these two. As much as he would watch over her, he isn’t there to fix her life and deprive her of a normal life, that’s not true happiness. And this is why I love YX as a character (only read the author’s reason why she let it the way it is), he loves RG the most, but he would let her experience pain if that’s the way it has to be, if it’s best for her. He understands growing and being strong require pain and suffering, he will try lessen it, but he’s being realistic about it.

i know many love ZYH, I’m not behind him at all, could be because of the actor, or could just be YX just has so much layers.

On 05/03/2018 at 10:30 AM, jerboa83 said:

Yesterday I watched the first episode, and I must say that I wasn't favorably impressed by Vic Zhou's acting, this time. The tragic scene at the beginning fell flat... In the past, I liked him very much in other (Taiwanese, contemporary) dramas like Zhan Shen Mars and Black & White, but this pilot disappointed me. I won't blame the voice actor, since the problem seems to be Vic's expressionless acting. Let's hope to see some improvement over the next episodes... :cry:

Initially, I had the same feeling as you. Then after I read your comment, and went back and watch it again, I felt it’s not the case. He walked for days to get her treated, during those times, being a smart and calculating person that he is, he must have come up with thousand of possibilities. And he’s quite good at gaining favours with ppl, so he possibly knows how to deal with his sifu :,) anyway, his sadness was very restrained at the beginning, he already made up his mind what he would do if she die, and that’s why to him, all is not lost. Why raging and being so emotional when all is not lost? And if raging and emotional, would his sifu accept him back?

i know many don’t like how vic act, but as the show goes on, I love the layers vic demonstrated for YX character. Ep12 (first 15mins), he is angry, but cold, but bitter, knowing how fate would turn out, he’s still bitter but masked in the cold stone face, there is flicker of anguish, of sour, of bitter on his face and his eyes, I just love love how Vic act as YX. And the love YX has for RG, not to have her, he’s like accepting his fate, trying to fight for a fleeting moments with her, but never to be with her to the end, because what if she loves him, n if he’s ok, would she be fine? Knowing destiny has another plan for them? Idk, it’s a tortured to be in his shoes. Knowing this, ZYH has it so much better. And this is also why YX goes to a great length to cure/help ZYH twice, he could see ZYH likes him, will put RG first and foremost

:) I love this community, been stalking here since scarlet heart ryo :)I hope I’m not offending anyone :) I do love this series a lot :) anyway, this is just my bias POV :’) 

@Alila Nguyen

I agree with your comment about Vic's YX acting having a lot of layers to him. To be honest I really shipped the third lead Yu Zihan with RG. But after ep 12 YX is growing on me :) and I feel like he is the best fit for RG overall. I admire the fact that he is always doing his very best to protect her.  

@hot_hot1975

In ep 10 YX is fighting An Yeluo (Owner of the Anhe Palace, a highly skilled and powerful man. He is persistent and sincere toward love, but not getting his feelings reciprocated turns him into a cold and vengeful man who is hell-bent on making everyone suffer along with him)

On 3/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, LuMNaL said:

That is why everybody started to love YZH. When I first read the book, I started to love YZH too...but then, I changed my mind. I don't want to give away a lot of the outcoming of this story...but all I can say is. Whily YZH can't change his fate....YX can do that, he could have everything, but at least he was willing give up everything for her withouht questions.

YX has 2 sentence, which show how deep his love is: "I am willing go through everything, only to see you smile and happy" + "Just don't forget me"

Spoiler

I read the book and I still think YZH is better than YX.

1) YX knew that YZH was going to be poison but he didn't say anything to stop it because he wanted to get closer to RG. When RG found out that YZH was possibly in danger, he tried to prevent her from seeing YZH even though he knew that YZH was going to die. Then he threw a tantrum because she told him she didn't love him, telling her that YZH will die because he hates her lol.

2) When he came back from the dead to save her, he then proceeded to erase her memories, told her they were husband and wife, and to forget everyone else. Fortunately, she was able to break free because his powers were weakened from coming back too early. Personal opinion but I'm definitely not okay with someone messing with my mind like that. Especially since she repeatedly told him that she didn't love him. I was done with him at this point.

I love the difference thought here. I am happy, that not everyone has the same opinion, that make the discussion more lively:

1 hour ago, helpmeimpoor said:

Hide contents

I read the book and I still think YZH is better than YX.

1) YX knew that YZH was going to be poison but he didn't say anything to stop it because he wanted to get closer to RG. When RG found out that YZH was possibly in danger, he tried to prevent her from seeing YZH even though he knew that YZH was going to die. Then he threw a tantrum because she told him she didn't love him, telling her that YZH will die because he hates her lol.

2) When he came back from the dead to save her, he then proceeded to erase her memories, told her they were husband and wife, and to forget everyone else. Fortunately, she was able to break free because his powers were weakened from coming back too early. Personal opinion but I'm definitely not okay with someone messing with my mind like that. Especially since she repeatedly told him that she didn't love him. I was done with him at this point.

Spoiler

1) YX already lost RG once...he only wanted, that she will live this life happy and sound. YZH is a prince and in the palace there is alot of intrige. And if she is with YZH there, she will be in danger and could be a target. It is already hard to watch over RG and her problem and I think, he don't wanted that to look over YZH too.

2) Right, it is not OK that he messing with her mind. But he just wanted that to safe her, if he is selfish, he wouldn't come back to safe her. He lost so much power, only because he wanted to safe her and come alive again too early. He need 100 years, that he could gain his power back - but no, he decided to safe her and give himself up! Only when she didn't remember anything about reveng and YZH she could live in peace - that is why he did it. As already mentioned it ist not right but an excuse.

She never told him she loves him - she always said, I will tried. The reason was, this exchange from him to be immortal, only to see her again. 

For me it means alot, when she first saw him alive again, she asked him, if he will leave her again. When he intend to leave her again, than it is better, that she never has to know him. So she won't be hurt, when he left.

I must say - I love YX in the drama more than YX in the novel, even I already love him there

31 minutes ago, LuMNaL said:

I love the difference thought here. I am happy, that not everyone has the same opinion, that make the discussion more lively:

Hide contents

1) YX already lost RG once...he only wanted, that she will live this life happy and sound. YZH is a prince and in the palace there is alot of intrige. And if she is with YZH there, she will be in danger and could be a target. It is already hard to watch over RG and her problem and I think, he don't wanted that to look over YZH too.

2) Right, it is not OK that he messing with her mind. But he just wanted that to safe her, if he is selfish, he wouldn't come back to safe her. He lost so much power, only because he wanted to safe her and come alive again too early. He need 100 years, that he could gain his power back - but no, he decided to safe her and give himself up! Only when she didn't remember anything about reveng and YZH she could live in peace - that is why he did it. As already mentioned it ist not right but an excuse.

She never told him she loves him - she always said, I will tried. The reason was, this exchange from him to be immortal, only to see her again. 

For me it means alot, when she first saw him alive again, she asked him, if he will leave her again. When he intend to leave her again, than it is better, that she never has to know him. So she won't be hurt, when he left.

I must said - I love YX in the drama more than YX in the novel, even I already love him there

Just to support second point more, in the drama YX did say for ZYH to be safe, he must leave everything behind. I think ZYH always have that choice, especially with everything he goes through, but he didn’t. And that comes back to why YX didn’t clear up the misunderstanding between RG and ZF, he can’t go around fix everything, ppl must want a path that is peaceful and good for her for him to do everything in his power to help them. He helps them as events go on, as ppl can continue changing their mind, so he’s monitoring the chess pieces, and hopefully it goes his way.

i haven’t read the book, but I did read enough comments from ppl who spoil it xD And I quite enjoy YX so far, might read the book once the drama ends. And I can’t wait for their second meeting :)

Archived