[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Flame’s Daughter 烈火如歌

sugarplum892

It’s actually a former life story.They should do something different with costumes so we can tell that's another life.

I am not a fan of how they used the colours.There is something very wrong with the colour scheme and saturation.It somehow reminds me of the Marvel movies, too much grey in the scene.Maybe they try to give it a WuXia texture but really failed.It made everything looks old and dark.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Melissa Chen said:

It’s actually a former life story.They should do something different with costumes so we can tell that's another life.

I am not a fan of how they used the colours.There is something very wrong with the colour scheme and saturation.It somehow reminds me of the Marvel movies, too much grey in the scene.Maybe they try to give it a WuXia texture but really failed.It made everything looks old and dark.

So the first 10 minutes was their first life then she was reincarnated and fell in love with Zhan Feng and he loved her until he met this maid and then he did not want to marry Lie Ruge.

Is that it? 

The closing shows Lie Ru Ge and Zhan Feng getting married also. 

11 hours ago, Wotad said:

So the first 10 minutes was their first life then she was reincarnated and fell in love with Zhan Feng and he loved her until he met this maid and then he did not want to marry Lie Ruge.

Is that it? 

The closing shows Lie Ru Ge and Zhan Feng getting married also. 

Yes, first ten minutes was the first life story about Xue and "'Ruge".

But as to Zhan Feng, you should look at his eyes,

****Spoiler Alert****

Spoiler

then you will know the truth.And just remember nothing good will happen to him.Poor man.

1 hour ago, Melissa Chen said:

Yes, first ten minutes was the first life story about Xue and "'Ruge".

But as to Zhan Feng, you should look at his eyes,

****Spoiler Alert****

Hide contents

then you will know the truth.And just remember nothing good will happen to him.Poor man.

Spoiler

yeah i think Zhang Feng got lied to about Ruge. 

I really like the opening song, can listen to it all day.

https://youtu.be/yPNpINibTZQ

So far, i really like Prince Yu who is caring and protective of Ru Ge, but so sad that he doesn’t want to burden her because of his disabilities. His being in a wheelchair reminds me of Jiu Ye in Da Mo Yao (Ballad of the Desert) including his villa, also called Zhu Yuan (Bamboo Villa). 

The story is getting intriguing - I still don’t understand the relationship between Ru Ge and Yin Xue. 

Spoiler

Ru Ge is the reincarnation of Yin Xue’s deceased Girlfriend? Or is she his Daughter?

Spoiler

That Zhan Feng. Even if he's been lied to, he should have straight up told the girl what the problem was instead of beating around the bush and making everybody miserable. Also, it was Ru Ge's father you think killed your father. In no way it was Ru Ge's fault. Stop insulting and humiliating her.

Can you tell I dislike revenge by proxy? :lol:

Yesterday I watched the first episode, and I must say that I wasn't favorably impressed by Vic Zhou's acting, this time. The tragic scene at the beginning fell flat... In the past, I liked him very much in other (Taiwanese, contemporary) dramas like Zhan Shen Mars and Black & White, but this pilot disappointed me. I won't blame the voice actor, since the problem seems to be Vic's expressionless acting. Let's hope to see some improvement over the next episodes... :cry:

3 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Yesterday I watched the first episode, and I must say that I wasn't favorably impressed by Vic Zhou's acting, this time. The tragic scene at the beginning fell flat... In the past, I liked him very much in other (Taiwanese, contemporary) dramas like Zhan Shen Mars and Black & White, but this pilot disappointed me. I won't blame the voice actor, since the problem seems to be Vic's expressionless acting. Let's hope to see some improvement over the next episodes... :cry:

And I didn't like allo those "leaning" frames. Did the director drink too much before filming that episode? Ok, I get it, it's an "artistic license", but its overuse got repetitive and annoying pretty soon...

11 hours ago, minkette said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That Zhan Feng. Even if he's been lied to, he should have straight up told the girl what the problem was instead of beating around the bush and making everybody miserable. Also, it was Ru Ge's father you think killed your father. In no way it was Ru Ge's fault. Stop insulting and humiliating her.

Spoiler

You are god damn right about him.The author made him a jerk to generate the plot, or the story will end very soon, I supposed.:astonished:No jerk no story.

1 hour ago, jerboa83 said:

And I didn't like allo those "leaning" frames. Did the director drink too much before filming that episode? Ok, I get it, it's an "artistic license", but its overuse got repetitive and annoying pretty soon...

That's exactly what I felt about the scene. Full of Dutch angles which are totally unnecessary.

14 hours ago, minkette said:
  Hide contents

I think Zhan Feng is  not taking revenge on Ruge. He only want to cut their relationship. Ruge will more sad if her husband take revenge on her father.He may think If he tell Ruge the problem, she has to ask her father and then her father will know that Zhan Feng know his dark secret.

On 3/4/2018 at 2:18 PM, omiki said:

I really like the opening song, can listen to it all day.

https://youtu.be/yPNpINibTZQ

So far, i really like Prince Yu who is caring and protective of Ru Ge, but so sad that he doesn’t want to burden her because of his disabilities. His being in a wheelchair reminds me of Jiu Ye in Da Mo Yao (Ballad of the Desert) including his villa, also called Zhu Yuan (Bamboo Villa). 

The story is getting intriguing - I still don’t understand the relationship between Ru Ge and Yin Xue. 

Hide contents

Ru Ge is the reincarnation of Yin Xue’s deceased Girlfriend? Or is she his Daughter?

Spoiler

deceased girlfriend. 

On 3/4/2018 at 2:27 PM, minkette said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

totally agree 

Spoilers regarding episode 5.

Spoiler

do you guys think that maid is really his sister? 

20 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Im more disappointed with Dilmurat Dilraba's acting , i feel like in episode 5 where she gave something back to Zhang if they had a better emotional actor could have been more impact-full . 

I wonder, if there is one of you has read the book and know the story about this drama. Because you all talked about Zhang...but he isn't the main lead. 

I read the book and I love YX character and what he went through, just that Ruge will have a happy and peaceful life.

3 hours ago, LuMNaL said:

I wonder, if there is one of you has read the book and know the story about this drama. Because you all talked about Zhang...but he isn't the main lead. 

I read the book and I love YX character and what he went through, just that Ruge will have a happy and peaceful life.

Where do you read the book?  It's in English?

41 minutes ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Where do you read the book?  It's in English?

I read it in viet and already watched it until ep. 11...when I first saw the trailer, I instantly fell in love with this drama. so I went to search for the book and read it. It ist good but very sad...

what i disapointed much is, that most of the girl watch this drama because of Bin bin - and talked bad about the main lead. But for me he did a very good job - I didn't know Vic Zhao before, so I am very impressed about his acting skill. If you know the story, you would love him.

Archived