[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Umari Bangster said:

I don't care if the novel said shen wei is seme, for me he is still uke...kkkk

Me tooooo. Until now i always try to find some fanfic which make wei as the uke. But... i think i only found one. If you find it, please inform me. Thank you :)

21 hours ago, valerie86 said:

I feel you @siobhanne  I have also fallen into a hole. LOL  Thanks so much for sharing the news with us. I  have trouble reading chinese words so it is helpful that you share Long GE news with us , so happy.

I am not surprised many girls confessed to Zhu Yi Long  since high school. He  is  absolutely so soooooo gorgeous , to me he is almost like a God falling down to the earth LOL.   I guess he has always been populer since his young days, and now he is the no 1 Male star in china.  Lucky guy :D

My heart is also beating when ever i see his pictures.  I need to get over this feeling quickly ,or it wil drive me nutty! : D :D (maybe i already am)

For me it works on the basis of admiration :) 
I already have my family, but I really like the culture of culture - 
including drama, short stories or anime, manga. 
I admire ZYL or Yu Bai for acting talent, for character - 
of course for the look too. I already have my beloved man, 
that's why my heart does not beat faster if I see his pictures :)
I know it was already a topic, but I can not find ... 
can anyone share it again, where you can read the current parts of the novella in English? 
I still have to translate it into my language :) thank you!

Guysss the chapter 49 is out in English. Translations all Credit to RainbowSeven from WattPad,

I m just copy paste the link to share with Guardian girls

https://www.wattpad.com/616707110-guardian-english-version-bl-novel-chapter-49-ink

this has gotta be the best chapter in the novel so far.   

short spoilers  :  Shen kissed Zhao  finally,   and   they "sort of" starting their relationship as lovers.  Zhao has purchased a house for Shen  close to Dragon University, that's why Zhao is short of money. that's too sweet of Zhao..even Shen is speechless and very deeply touched.,.

I cannot wait for chapter 50 AHH!!

4 hours ago, luthien1989 said:

For me it works on the basis of admiration :) 
I already have my family, but I really like the culture of culture - 
including drama, short stories or anime, manga. 
I admire ZYL or Yu Bai for acting talent, for character - 
of course for the look too. I already have my beloved man, 
that's why my heart does not beat faster if I see his pictures :)

I know it was already a topic, but I can not find ... 
can anyone share it again, where you can read the current parts of the novella in English? 
I still have to translate it into my language :) thank you!

YEah i need to move on from this LOL , otherwise I get too smitten with Long GE it is so unhealthy haha :)

Here are the novel translation in English :)  

https://www.wattpad.com/story/153357561-guardian-english-version-bl-novel

I heard from twitter Zhu YiLong will be playing Wu Xie for one of the sequels to Lost Tomb. I remember only watching a few episodes of Lost Tomb before I got too busy to continue watching, so I’m not sure what kind of character Wu Xie is...

Anyone watched all the seasons could describe what the character of Wu Xie is like? So many prequels and sequels I don’t think I can keep up hahaha. I’m really excited for him to play this role though, especially since it’s mystery/supernatural which I think suits him well hahaha. 

27 minutes ago, Evil Blea said:

I heard from twitter Zhu YiLong will be playing Wu Xie for one of the sequels to Lost Tomb. I remember only watching a few episodes of Lost Tomb before I got too busy to continue watching, so I’m not sure what kind of character Wu Xie is...

Anyone watched all the seasons could describe what the character of Wu Xie is like? So many prequels and sequels I don’t think I can keep up hahaha. I’m really excited for him to play this role though, especially since it’s mystery/supernatural which I think suits him well hahaha. 

I'm so so sooooooooo looking forward to this. AHHHH HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 hours ago, Evil Blea said:

Really?????? Is your source reliable enough? Because the lost tomb season 2 will have Neo Hou as wu xie and they are already finished the shoot. But if it's true i will be soooo happy. Wu Xie and Zhang Qi Ling is my most favorite couple. Wu xie is charming, innocent, and kind. While Qi Ling is mysterious and cold. But Qi Ling cared about Wu Xie so much. He has watching over Wu Xie since Wu Xie still a kid.

12 minutes ago, lemsaine said:

Really?????? Is your source reliable enough? Because the lost tomb season 2 will have Neo Hou as wu xie and they are already finished the shoot. But if it's true i will be soooo happy. Wu Xie and Zhang Qi Ling is my most favorite couple. Wu xie is charming, innocent, and kind. While Qi Ling is mysterious and cold. But Qi Ling cared about Wu Xie so much. He has watching over Wu Xie since Wu Xie still a kid.

I assume its it’s true since many people have mentioned it. I’m not up to date with all the sequels so I don’t know which exactly he will act in... but perhaps for him I should start watching this series again... plus the characters sound interesting... I’m honestly in too deep with Zhu YiLong  :joy:

Spoiler

DkssKOaVsAELF4Y?format=jpg

When reading the Google translated chap 49, the impression that I had was the chapter was emotinally heavy. Reading the properly translated chapter did not ease that heaviness even the slightest.

I'm so happy because most of the time, the story was told from ZYL's POV. Because he went through reincarnation(s), he doesn't have the longings of past memories like SW at it was really heart tugging when he asked SW point blank whether he

1. Erred SW

2. SW's hesitation is due to their different urm... species(?)

When ZYL dismissed both, I too fell in love with him just a little bit more. That bit about missing the other person and seeing "home" made me feel so happy for SW, who had to watch ZYL/KL from afar sor some damnable several thousand years.

@dzareth Reading the novel about how Shen Wei watching each of Kun Lun reincarnation from distant is so heartbreaking. Cannot imagine how he felt seeing each reincarnation got together with somebody else. So in this present, when Zhao Yun Lan shamelessly flirting when chasing Shen Wei, I am very happy. Finally Shen Wei can have his love reciprocated.

I like it when the author states in chapter 49 that after meeting and chasing Shen Wei, Zhao Yun Lan just cannot looks other people anymore since he thinks everybody is beneath Shen Wei. I think we can say that the previous reincarnation will also choose Shen Wei if they ever met?! Even Kun Lun no longer remember anything, his soul must still remember .......

20 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Guysss the chapter 49 is out in English. Translations all Credit to RainbowSeven from WattPad,

I m just copy paste the link to share with Guardian girls

https://www.wattpad.com/616707110-guardian-english-version-bl-novel-chapter-49-ink

this has gotta be the best chapter in the novel so far.   

short spoilers  :  Shen kissed Zhao  finally,   and   they "sort of" starting their relationship as lovers.  Zhao has purchased a house for Shen  close to Dragon University, that's why Zhao is short of money. that's too sweet of Zhao..even Shen is speechless and very deeply touched.,.

I cannot wait for chapter 50 AHH!!

YEah i need to move on from this LOL , otherwise I get too smitten with Long GE it is so unhealthy haha :)

Here are the novel translation in English :)  

https://www.wattpad.com/story/153357561-guardian-english-version-bl-novel

Thanks You:)!

If it's not a problem, I wanted to ask something more. 
Usually, I translate the lyrics by the sentence itself - 
in order to improve my English language. 
I do not, however, have time and copy the text to the translator, 
but here you can not do it? Is it just a problem for me? 
Maybe it's about copyright..? ? I don t know:( 

@xienrue, no wonder Priest had many fans. The way the author weave the story between comedic, serious and heart tugging moments was really great. The twists when readers think SW as the one who cannot let go, but it is equally the same for ZYL... I mean that guy bought a house to live together - doesn't that just scream proposal?

ZYL being cautious after finding out SW's real identity is also realistic. Not because of fear, but because he sensed SW's hesitation and suspected there is more between them. Their relationship (at least on SW's side) is quite tragic so it is a relief to see them eventually getting their sappy happy moment later on.

Well the relationship between SW and ZYL will be even deeper as the story goes on.

Spoiler

You know, when things come to reincarnation, "being together" is more complicated.

When SW accepts ZYL in chapter 50, he actually means being with him in this lifetime. And when ZYL goes into reincarnation to start another life, he will forget everything, and SW will leave him and go back to guard the Seal alone.

BUT, the author will not allow the story to go that way. ^_^

By the way, the sleeve garters worn by Shen Wei are actually supposed to be worn on the elbows. Then the shirt billows above them and partially covers them. They were worn in the 19th and early 20th century to shorten the sleeve length without having to turn the sleeves up. Then they say some years back David Beckham brought them back to fashion. He wears them correctly and with a purpose btw, you can see from the pictures that the sleeves are a bit too long.

Spoiler

7255633ffa998cb890f8cc633ca5c05e.jpg

However when you google for them you see a lot of pictures of men wearing them incorrectly just like Shen Wei. 

Spoiler

mens-arm-garters.jpg

What is this guy even doing? Why?

So yeah, when you look at Shen Wei's garters the purpose of them is not obvious, because it's worn wrong and without a purpose. But when you see images of how they're meant to be worn you can guess at their purpose. Also Shen Wei's have buckles on them, which can't be comfortable. So basically they're worn like fashion accessories. But actually all this kind of suits the character in the drama, who has only some years ago returned from a 10 000 year hibernation and doesn't know what's what.

4 hours ago, siobhanne said:

By the way, the sleeve garters worn by Shen Wei are actually supposed to be worn on the elbows. Then the shirt billows above them and partially covers them. They were worn in the 19th and early 20th century to shorten the sleeve length without having to turn the sleeves up. Then they say some years back David Beckham brought them back to fashion. He wears them correctly and with a purpose btw, you can see from the pictures that the sleeves are a bit too long.

Hide contents

7255633ffa998cb890f8cc633ca5c05e.jpg

However when you google for them you see a lot of pictures of men wearing them incorrectly just like Shen Wei. 

Hide contents

mens-arm-garters.jpg

What is this guy even doing? Why?

So yeah, when you look at Shen Wei's garters the purpose of them is not obvious, because it's worn wrong and without a purpose. But when you see images of how they're meant to be worn you can guess at their purpose. Also Shen Wei's have buckles on them, which can't be comfortable. So basically they're worn like fashion accessories. But actually all this kind of suits the character in the drama, who has only some years ago returned from a 10 000 year hibernation and doesn't know what's what.

i think for Shen Wei it looks more of like a respectful professor when he have that without wearing a suite and he looks better on him.

Archived