Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

@puremurasaki thanks for the information. People's willingness to pay 5000$ for something that looks like it cost 5$ will always remain baffling to me. It is indeed profitable for an artist to die. They write that the feathers look particularly like they are blowing in the wind and higher quality, but my eyes can't see that. Anyway. Sorry for the attitude, everyone has their own taste. I'm also willing to pay quite a lot for pieces I truly like. 

@puremurasaki They are indeed of the same brand but I know ZYL got his together with his best friend, actor Peng Guanying when they were traveling in Japan long time ago. I heard this brand is very popular among celebrities. 

• Thanks 2

@Ting Wang maybe that's the necklace he meant when he said in an interview he has one he bought that he really likes and that he tends to wear things he likes all the time. 

Hahaha. I'm still so outraged at the price. Looks exactly like the stuff European teenage hippies liked to wear. 

29 minutes ago, Ting Wang said:

@puremurasaki They are indeed of the same brand but I know ZYL got his together with his best friend, actor Peng Guanying when they were traveling in Japan long time ago. I heard this brand is very popular among celebrities. 

Thank you for letting us know =) 

I never heard of actor Peng Guan ying. I will google them hehe

Quick update from Orange Biscuit about YouKou taking down Guardian:

Update on Guardian [4/8/2018]

This is a supposed screenshot of the takedown notice email. Looks quite legitimate, but *do not take it as the final say*. Without an official announcement or response from the production company, what will happen to Guardian is still up in the air.

The main points brought up is that Guardian was taken offline for promoting superstitions and showcasing scenes of bloody violence. It *does not say* that Guardian is *banned from ever being shown again*. This implies that if the production company opts to delete or change certain scenes which were deemed inappropriate, Guardian might go online again. Therefore, it is imperative that fans *keep their heads cool*, so as to not worsen the situation.

Lastly, this is just a take down notice for Youku (Guardian's official broadcast platform in China), and does not mention other countries. Therefore, YoYo Channel might still be unaffected as YouTube ostensibly does not work in China.

That's why keep calm, keep calm, keep calm. If you want to save the episodes, sure, go ahead. What you should not do is spread the panic, because bad publicity is still bad publicity. We do not want to *jeopardise Guardian's chances* of going online in China again or, *in the worse case scenario, affect YoYo Channel on YouTube* as well. Therefore, just continue enjoying Guardian on any of the other platforms available.

So everyone keep calm. I also heard that Legend of White Snake was taken off iQiYi for showcasing FaHai (Buddha) kissing the green snake which is apparently immoral and inappropriate for censorship. China is going strong with censorship. Another drama was also taken off for editing because of censorship too but I forgot the title of the drama.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ting Wang said:

Thanks for the information. BY wore his GORO necklace a lot since Guardian promotion and I notice he got another GORO necklace which is the red one with feathers (price online go for $6,000 - $7,500) I was like :sweatingbullets: BY must have love this brand to spend so much. ZYL only wore his necklace a couple times only such a pity because it looks so good on him.

I know brand like Supreme is popular among celebrities but honestly I have only seen western celebrities with goro necklaces...these two are the only celebrities I follow that have Goro necklace that are not western celebrities  :sweat_smile: 

• Thanks 1

Guardian 镇魂 has completed its broadcast but viewers are now unable to access the drama because it was blocked by Youku early this month. Youku has yet to confirm the actual reason behind the restricted access but there's speculation that it was blocked for promoting superstition and violence.

drama panda

@puremurasaki Thank you for the information regarding Youku taking down Guardian. I think China is quite exaggerate thing at the moment. The drama already taken out a huge chunk of supernatural content, which lead to horrible ending we have right now I believe. Well, the damage is already done I think. The drama finished airing, the actors got recognition they deserve, it is good enough. Moreover, the drama is in the many online watching website.

By the way, this place gets busy again!! Thank you for all the update, especially for the link of novel epilogue translation. I am reading the novel translation right now and MTL the continuation. I just cannot be patient enough:D. The love story is quite heart wrenching in the novel because Shen Wei literally saw many reincarnation of Kun Lun went on with their live, loved someone else, got married and so on. And he just watching from a far for all the time. So I can only imagine how he feels when the current reincarnation finally take notice of him.

Beside reading the novel, I also looks for Zhu Yi Long old dramas. From a few that I have seen, I like "As Flowers Fade and Fly Across the Sky". Really like the character he played there, even though the birth secret story is rather messy. "Border Town Prodigal", his character is gloomy most of the time ..... even though I have to admit that he looked so cool in that drama....... Do you all have recommendation for me for his other drama that I should try?

@xienrue I want to see his show with yang rong, love of three lifetimes. But it doesn't have English subtitles. He is the second lead so of course he will be miserable, but I've read he has an epic character growth in that show. Opposite for character growth is the other gu long story (besides border town prodigal), treasure raiders or something. There he starts out good and becomes evil. It has subs on YouTube. 

He plays a pianist in the movie eternal wave. You can watch just his clips on bilibili. But since Chinese movies don't sync hand motions with music it's not much to drool over ;). 

• Thanks 1

I think I will not be ready when the final episode with eng subbs will be posted.

I will have to prepare tissues for tomorrow and ready for some brutal withdrawal.

*wahhhhhhh* I want season 2, even though it is impossible.

1 hour ago, xienrue said:

The love story is quite heart wrenching in the novel because Shen Wei literally saw many reincarnation of Kun Lun went on with their live, loved someone else, got married and so on. And he just watching from a far for all the time. So I can only imagine how he feels when the current reincarnation finally take notice of him.

I have a feeling this was the mindset that Zhu Yilong had in himself when they fad the first meeting between Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan - someone who has been watching a person he deeply care for from afar. But towards the end they changed it to have SW wake up from a 10,000-year sleep in a shallow grave :blink:. The novel is quite heart wrenching isn't it? Because SW was always keeping things inside and appreciating even the smallest encounter he had with ZYL.

Fortunately novel ZYL is smart. He knew that there is 'something' between both of them but he respected Black Robe enough not to ask.

if there's not a MV of Shen Wei and yun Lan with this song as background within 24h then I lose faith in this fandom. Such suitable lyrics. Shame about the rap not working but we got to see zyl make love eyes at another guy so it's a win in my book. 

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

omg @siobhanne, that sparkly jacket was soooooo tacky LOL....

why? Zhu Yilong? Why? :w00t:

Hahaha. Peacock jackets are popular in Asia. This isn't even that shiny. 

I thinj it looks fine. But I think in this case the stylists are responsible. After all, Zhu Yi Long's own fashion sense looks like this: 

• LOL 2

A tiny love letter to an acting detail by Zhu Yi Long that I just realized. When he is Shen Wei he pushes his glasses up by extending his palm and with his thumb and middle finger pushing the glasses back. This is also how one would push a mask on their face. I'm too lazy to check but I'm pretty sure he's doing it at moments where Shen Wei is trying to "mask himself" as it were. 

I kept thinking why he pushes his glasses back like that. It's not unnatural to do it like that but it's not common either. :heart: He's so detailed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, siobhanne said:

After all, Zhu Yi Long's own fashion sense looks like this: 

Yeah, i realized he isn't a dandy guy. He goes around pretty much in t-shirts and is always tugging in like an d schoolteacher LOL.... I think fashion is just not his thing. But i suppose his management is paying more attention to dress him up as his popularity soars. I heard even the usual t-shirts he wore is selling out like hot cakes.... Though maybe not that rainbow coloured short pants hehe... 

Let me go ahead and defend our boy Zhu Yi Long! LOL This is more of his fashion now a days during rehearsal... although I did have a good laugh at the floral pant. (This is the floral pant everyone pointed out for the novel epilogue 4 lol) His ponytail is growing longer and longer...:lol: 

a16e4a8fly1ftwzm34kvoj22lc1q8x6u.jpg?tags=%5B%5D63bcab43gy1ftyje7o1zjj21jk2bcdvd.jpg

Credit to Weibo

• Like 2

I think Long Ge performance in the Youth Night was really really really good when he sang the song himself, but when combined with the rap from the other sings  I hated the rap part so much. The rap part was unneccessary at all, :(

Long Ge seems to struggle / out of breath at the end of his singing performance (maybe it is just my feeling?).  cause he has to keep up with the loud rap ehehe

3 hours ago, dzareth said:

Yeah, i realized he isn't a dandy guy. He goes around pretty much in t-shirts and is always tugging in like an d schoolteacher LOL.... I think fashion is just not his thing. But i suppose his management is paying more attention to dress him up as his popularity soars. I heard even the usual t-shirts he wore is selling out like hot cakes.... Though maybe not that rainbow coloured short pants hehe... 

@dzareth  yeah  the sparkly suit was dazzling,  Saint Laurent when he was performing,  and when eating lollipop he was wearing Louis Vuiotton suits.

Long Ge love casual style in his daily styling, but I have noticed from the photos in these past few months, Long Ge normally wear those high-end-branded Shirts (Balenciaga, Givenchy a few times, LV etc) and he was seen carrying Louis Vuitton large bag recently. 

Long Ge looks like he belongs to the rich family in china :)   

Ge is like a real life prince, extremely gorgeous and rich,   shy in real life, Oh and let's not forget very humble too.