[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

41 minutes ago, moon-flower said:

@valerie86 Yeah, the Royal Sister Returns' ending is not the greatest. (like all Chinese drama endings!) The drama went south towards the end and a bit melodramatic, but thought overall was kind of a fun watch. The beginning especially was hilarious. Hoping Long Ge's new drama will be good. I am thinking of maybe watching Bai Yu's memory lost...tho the plot is kind of ehhh. Bai Yu is going to be in Fated General but I don't know if he's second lead? Zhang Rou Yun is leading in that one unless they'll be co-lead. Bai Yu also has Zhao Ge coming out but he's listed as supporting with Zhang Zhe Han "leading" apparently -*MAJOR eye roll*-. 

@moon-flower 

Memory lost i have seen few fan made videos on Youtube  . I actually saw in the videos too many kissing scenes   ..goosebumps it scared me. . i skipped that drama.  :D

But I am actually not really a drama watcher myself ^^,   I only watch 1 C-drama  Guardian   since the beginning of 2018. :D :) due to  I watch more and more of the funny variety shows that make us laugh out loud, like  Running man , Happy Camp.  or some singing competitions .,

but always keep us updated if Bai drama is interesting. 

Yeah I notice   in the  Fated general   Zhang Ruoyun is male number 1, so maybe Bai is lead no 2.  yeah and  in Zhao Ge, Bai yu also supporting role. (AWww I dislike ZZH for real)

Bai has a new drama that he is leading role detective L. How i wish he could break free from detective drama after this. :)

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

The epilogues are sooo sweet ..omg. :D

OMG, I know. Priest has officially ruined my life with Guardian. Shen Wei's 10,000 years of waiting is killing me. And here I thought oh, how sweet Ye Hua from 10 Miles Peach Blossom waited 300 years for Bai Qian. Nope, Ye Hua, move over. LOL. 

Yeah I notice   in the  Fated general   Zhang Ruoyun is male number 1, so maybe Bai is lead no 2.  yeah and  in Zhao Ge, Bai yu also supporting role. (AWww I dislike ZZH for real)

Yeah ZZH - not a fan. Tho I like Ruoyun, he's a good actor. 

C-drama Ratings and Celeb Rankings (week starting Jul 23)last week

Web Rankings 

Top Dramas (7-day)

1. The Drug Hunter

2. Sweet Combat

3. Legend of Fuyao

4. Story of Yanxi Palace

5. Sweet Dreams 

6. Guardian❤

7. Meteor Garden 2018 

8. Sand Sea

9. Sui Sui Nian Nian Shi Shi Hong

10. Legend of Kaifeng

Top Celebrities (7-day)

1. Zhu Yilong❤❤❤

2. Dilraba Dilmurat

3. Yang Mi

4. Luhan

5. Zhao Liying

6. Bai Yu❤❤❤

7. Ju Jingyi

8. Zhang Zhehan 

9. Ethan Ruan

10. Joseph Zeng Shunxi

Thanks for all the links. I read epilogue 4 with Google translate. (How come it's so coherent, does Chinese have really easy grammar?) but so far I prefer to keep them as separate works in my head since in the drama they didn't act at all like ZYL already knows SW, and it kind of takes away all the charm if it's all fake. But the author is basically saying that she accepts Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu to be real, but everything else is nonsense, which is what the fans have been saying. (Some other main cast was also good). 

I don't know why these screenwriters are so addicted to sad or open endings. If the had just given one glimpse in the end of Shen Wei and Zhao Yun Lan meeting again in the world everyone would be happy but no, they love misery like a pig loves mud. 

4 hours ago, moon-flower said:

Here is a summary that AvenueX posted on her website of the new epilogue (4th epilogue): http://avenuex.ca/blog/2018/7/30/the-gist-of-the-new-guardian-epilogue-by-its-book-author

one thing AvenueX didn't mention is that the epilogue started with a super cute scene of Shen Wei having a phone and Yun Lun had to set the passcode since Shen Wei is hopeless. Shen Wei's default passcode is their house number. LOL. 

Exactly! THE REAL GODDESS COMES TO THE RESCUE!

The writer also suggests that the only real existences in the 81st micro-universe are ZYL and SW themselves, and everything else is fake.

Official certification of our two main leads.  ^_^

12 minutes ago, aurorail said:

Exactly! THE REAL GODDESS COMES TO THE RESCUE!

The writer also suggests that the only real existences in the 81st micro-universe are ZYL and SW themselves, and everything else is fake.

Official certification of our two main leads.  ^_^

When I read the word everything else is fake my handphone almost drop!! (what you mean the drama not real?? Time Zone???? (what Official certification of our 2 main leads??) Valerie86 and BreezeC do you have any idea what's going on here now I am confused..  Aurorail please explain your above comments!!! 

11 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

Thanks for all the links. I read epilogue 4 with Google translate. (How come it's so coherent, does Chinese have really easy grammar?) but so far I prefer to keep them as separate works in my head since in the drama they didn't act at all like ZYL already knows SW, and it kind of takes away all the charm if it's all fake. But the author is basically saying that she accepts Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu to be real, but everything else is nonsense, which is what the fans have been saying. (Some other main cast was also good). 

I don't know why these screenwriters are so addicted to sad or open endings. If the had just given one glimpse in the end of Shen Wei and Zhao Yun Lan meeting again in the world everyone would be happy but no, they love misery like a pig loves mud. 

It seems the author suggests that if the duration of the micro-universe is long enough (over 50 years), ZYL will be no longer a bystander, but also involved in and follow the script of the micro-universe. Maybe that explains why ZYL doesn't recognize SW in the drama. 

9 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

When I read the word everything else is fake my handphone almost drop!! (what you mean the drama not real?? Time Zone???? (what Official certification of our 2 main leads??) Valerie86 and BreezeC do you have any idea what's going on here now I am confused..  Aurorail please explain your above comments!!! 

I mean, the author implies that the universe in the drama is just a micro-universe deemed as a "failed experimental reincarnations" created by another God during the mythological era.

When ZYL and SW in the timeline of the novel (which is considered to be the real world) go into the micro-universe, they will follow the script of the micro-universe until they break it through. So, in the micro-universe (drama), only ZYL and SW are real, and everything else is nonsense. XD

30 minutes ago, aurorail said:

I mean, the author implies that the universe in the drama is just a micro-universe deemed as a "failed experimental reincarnations" created by another God during the mythological era.

When ZYL and SW in the timeline of the novel (which is considered to be the real world) go into the micro-universe, they will follow the script of the micro-universe until they break it through. So, in the micro-universe (drama), only ZYL and SW are real, and everything else is nonsense. XD

I am reading again and again your wording maybe I am having Flu and Cough the words at first confuse me I read it again. I want to ask you you mention the ZYL and SW are real in the drama means they died as real?? Cause drama both dead thus this makes me shocking and I fell Sick.... But ZYL doesn't recognize SW in the drama. And his memory eased but how come something is just off tune.... I can't explain what's off tune but let me think.... (Shen Wei powers are also not mention much in the drama!) God and Ghost! 

7 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

I am reading again and again your wording maybe I am having Flu and Cough the words at first confuse me I read it again. I want to ask you you mention the ZYL and SW are real in the drama means they died as real?? Cause drama both dead thus this makes me shocking and I fell Sick.... But ZYL doesn't recognize SW in the drama. And his memory eased but how come something is just off tune.... I can't explain what's off tune but let me think.... (Shen Wei powers are also not mention much in the drama!) God and Ghost! 

@cherylrose

i think the author Priest is saying  in the drama , only Zhao and Shen  character is acceptable for her.  because Long Ge and Bai Yu acting really delivered the novel intentions,  but all the other supporting cast and characters and storylines , Priest didn't like it .  

so in the epilogue 4, after zhao and Shen died inside the drama ,  they finally concluded their time capsule  (micro universe) adventure and go back to the Novel Zhao and Shen , as lovey dovey as before.  :) 

26 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

@cherylrose

i think the author Priest is saying  in the drama , only Zhao and Shen  character is acceptable for her.  because Long Ge and Bai Yu acting really delivered the novel intentions,  but all the other supporting cast and characters and storylines , Priest didn't like it .  

so in the epilogue 4, after zhao and Shen died inside the drama ,  they finally concluded their time capsule  (micro universe) adventure and go back to the Novel Zhao and Shen , as lovey dovey as before.  :) 

Wow!!! That's awesome! 

31 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

@cherylrose

Valerie86 Can you explain this:"Every micro-universe restarts at 20:35pm, which is the ending time when you watch 3 episodes on the renewing dates of the drama. The story starts on the Day of Duan Wu Festival, which is the date when the drama first aired." (Is there 3 Episodes after death when aired???) I am literally confusing as the Original Author says this! 

57 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

Sorry for my poor expression ability. orz

valerie86 is right. In  epilogue 4, after ZYL and SW died in the drama, which is necessary to break the time capsule, they manage to get back to the novel timeline and live happily together ever since.  XD

So the author includes drama in the world of novel, and gives them a final happy ending.

1 hour ago, cherylrose said:

Valerie86 Can you explain this:"Every micro-universe restarts at 20:35pm, which is the ending time when you watch 3 episodes on the renewing dates of the drama. The story starts on the Day of Duan Wu Festival, which is the date when the drama first aired." (Is there 3 Episodes after death when aired???) I am literally confusing as the Original Author says this! 

@cherylrose 

Haha i didnt exactly understand this either  =)  I am not too sure about the renewing date of drama ? 

@node

Thank you thank you thank you million for your awesome video. It is one of the best one ♡.   It put a biggest smile on my face watching it.  the Lyric is very matching to the vid.

Really enjoy the video and add to my saved list..=)    Long Ge and Bai friendship is really  really close  =)  (maybe more of sibling )  

some lyric of the video said "friendship is deeper than love" " I cannot leave my darling but I also cannot leave you"  LOL

maybe sometimes it's true in reality. friendship is more fulfilling than love :)  and Bai Yu definitely cannot leave behind his girlfriend, but he also have  a really really warm and nice friendship with Long Ge. 

27 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

Valerie86 do you think we will have 3 "Special Episodes"??? (Anyone here can explain???) 

@cheryl 

I am sooo 100 percent sure  there will be no special episodes after ep 40, cause filming already wrapped up July last year =)     (Except the  fan made edited videos)

Long ge also busy shooting dramas now . No time for reshooting guardian maybe  hehe

10 hours ago, cherylrose said:

Shen Wei went to be in the Uni is a cover that's why he was afraid of being exposed and his real identity of Black Cloak and he also afraid if being known how is Zhao going to feel/accept or remember him thus this becomes true as Zhao found out who he really is and they went through all the things before they died in the drama. If you see Zhao after he realize Shen Wei died he think back the days they were together and he was extremely in pain and decided to sacrifice himself as a burning lamp in the fire. It is so painful to watch until I fall sick down with Flu and Cough..... 

Actually that is what I thought too. I was thinking Zhao sacrificed himself as he knew Shen Wei is dead and dont' want to live no more. He might as well sacrificed himself. 

Archived