[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

@dzareth In response to your latest post, I am glad I watched Guardian and learned of both actors amazing performance and acting abilities. I agree that if it isn't for the leads, I would have stopped watching this drama mid-way because of the illogical changes. The beginning theme is amazing and it started the drama with huge anticipation. I am trying to remember what attracted me to watch this drama since I don't really know Zhu Yi Long and only have sort of a good impression from Bai Yu in Memory Lost. I realized other than the theme song, the moment SW looked up and saw ZYL at the university in ep1, I think I am doomed to watch this drama from start to finish lol Those eyes and that expression is forever haunting me and I need to continue watching to understand the mystery/meaning behind it. Through the drama and the novel, I finally understand and that last scene when he looked at ZYL at the end, it is some sort of closure for me as I realized what it all means. Someone told me that that last expression/the way he looked at ZYL at the end is as if he is the only one in the world and it is for only one person in this world. That is exactly correct, in SW's eyes, there is only ZYL. Ignoring the illogical plot and scripts of the drama writers (I gave up on understanding what they are trying to convey), in the novel, SW only cares about ZYL/KunLun. He doesn't care about the world being doom or Night getting out. All he cares about is ZYL and he sacrificing himself is because he made the pact to save ZYL in the first place. Ahhhhhhhh!!! I am just so happy Zhu Yi Long's played SW and brought the character to life! :wub:

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweetness alert :D

Rough translation: (Can’t find Eng sub)

BY (Bai Yu): Do you know how to sing this song? 

ZYL (Zhu Yi Long) shook his head and continue to eat.

BY sing, “Brother…”

ZYL quickly said, “Yes”

BY gave him a look and continue singing, “I asked you why you are older brother and I am the younger one…”

ZYL nodded in agreement while eating. (So cute)

The next lyric for the song is “Brother” again. ZYL picked up the mic and ready to say “Yes” but BY skipped that lyric. They both laughed.

BY continued to sing and every time, BY sang “Brother” ZYL quickly followed with “Yes” lol

ZYL continued to eat and smile while listening to him sing. Later, when BY sang “You will protect me from all the winds and rains” ZYL quickly shook his hand in denial. BY said, “Not going to happen, huh?”

For the next song, ZYL was singing and see that BY is busy playing with his phone and told him to stop and hand the other mic to him. I can tell they are both tired already so in the middle they elbowed each other to continue but ZYL is not budging so BY continued singing.

This is so cute especially ZYL eating and smiling like a little boy :wub:

46 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

the moment SW looked up and saw ZYL at the university in ep1, I think I am doomed to watch this drama from start to finish lol Those eyes and that expression is forever haunting me and I need to continue watching to understand the mystery/meaning behind it

Do you realise how comforting those words are as I steer myself into this withdrawal period? I think you pointed out the exact moment why many of us loyally stayed until the last episode. What is with the look in Prof Shen's face when he saw ZYL the first time? Do they know eachother? What is the story behind that look? In seconds the emotion shown was so arrayed - shocked, disbelief, trepidation, longing, hopefulness, pain, panic. The thought that came to mind was SW friend or foe? And as you said, what is the mystery behind that look?

At that point, I have never even read any chapter of the novel translation. I was also grasping to understand the first ep with what little Chinese that I may understand (accumulated from watching hundreds of episodes of C-drama, lol). But it was intriguing enough that lead me to an obsession like never before hahahaaaa. It is a good thing that the noel traslation is ongoing because I don't want to let go just yet.

I really had a wonderful time with this show despite its weaknesses.

I think I should give my two cents thought on this drama ending as there are too many negatives comments on it.

I understand your feelings. Trust me, I do because I also want them to have a happy ending too. However I don't consider this ending to be a bad ending. For me, a bad ending in a 'bromance' drama would be one guy died and the second end up with a random woman. In this case, if Shen Wei died and YunLan ends up with Zhu Hong (snake girl) then I would be so pissed I would send daggers to the director and scriptwriter for being cowards and turn a BL story hetero. I really hate those kind of ending and before episode 40 came out I wished that if one of them have to die then I would prefer both died. So for me, I consider the ending to be 'GOOD ENDING' however I can't denied that it is a sad ending. The last time I cried so hard for a drama ending was probably 8 years ago for Chinese Paladin. But I have rewatch the ending for Guardian 10 times now and I cry every time. That tear yunlan shed when he knew shen wei couldn't come back. The first time I cried the hardest. I really wish for an alternate ending and hope that it will happen sooner than later but for now...thank god the worst ending of yunlan ending up with zhu hong didn't happen. 

I may be delusional but how I interpret the ending is that yunlan can't live on without shen wei so he follows him and they both end up dead but they promised to meet again and no other ending can be so tragically beautiful and haunting like this one. I will remember this drama for the rest of 2018. I think even when I get old I will remember that 2018 is the year of Guardian. Being a 1988 baby myself (like zyl) I was glad I found this drama. THAT BEING SAID, if anyone know where to buy the official DVD please post the link here I need to buy myself a copy.

Lastly, I love Guardian and I love ZYL and BY. Since being a hardcore yaoi fangirl myself I was planning to skip this drama. Honestly, because I found out the actors were mainstream actors and I tend to get really disappointed with mainstream actors in bromance drama because, honestly, they get so awkward with each other and that makes their relationship in the drama stiff and awkward. BUT I am glad I decided to give this drama a go because I was hook from the first episode. ZYL and BY were both very good actors and I don't think any other actors can ever make shen wei and yunlan so alive. 

7 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Sweetness alert :D

Rough translation: (Can’t find Eng sub)

BY (Bai Yu): Do you know how to sing this song? 

ZYL (Zhu Yi Long) shook his head and continue to eat.

BY sing, “Brother…”

ZYL quickly said, “Yes”

BY gave him a look and continue singing, “I asked you why you are older brother and I am the younger one…”

ZYL nodded in agreement while eating. (So cute)

The next lyric for the song is “Brother” again. ZYL picked up the mic and ready to say “Yes” but BY skipped that lyric. They both laughed.

BY continued to sing and every time, BY sang “Brother” ZYL quickly followed with “Yes” lol

ZYL continued to eat and smile while listening to him sing. Later, when BY sang “You will protect me from all the winds and rains” ZYL quickly shook his hand in denial. BY said, “Not going to happen, huh?”

For the next song, ZYL was singing and see that BY is busy playing with his phone and told him to stop and hand the other mic to him. I can tell they are both tired already so in the middle they elbowed each other to continue but ZYL is not budging so BY continued singing.

This is so cute especially ZYL eating and smiling like a little boy :wub:

Thank u sooo much for translating. @BreezeC

They are too sweet and get along so well , just like real brothers in real life... :)

5 hours ago, siobhanne said:

thanks!!  @siobhanne

this is EXACTLY what I really  really expected from Shen and Zhao. they need a real hug !!

thanks for the video. I am healing slowly :)

check this out  (with music turn on , the music is awesome). too bad only 1 minute as Instagram only allow 1 minute.

but Shen every single expression is Such a perfection. omg.

Long Ge is  truly  a GOD-like!!!!!  number 1  drop dead gorgeous indeed

My heart is beating fast. omygosh

@cherylrose have a look at above video hehe :)

2 hours ago, valerie86 said:

check this out  (with music turn on , the music is awesome). too bad only 1 minute as Instagram only allow 1 minute.

but Shen every single expression is Such a perfection. omg.

Long Ge is  truly  a GOD-like!!!!!  number 1  drop dead gorgeous indeed

My heart is beating fast. omygosh

@cherylrose have a look at above video hehe :)

Valerie86 sure but now I am on the road. Later then I will watch and I will reply here again later hahaha.... Or else I might bang on LAMP-post!!! Hahaha... 

I saw yesterday Wattpad the translation was at only Chapter 35 you mentioned there are 300+ chapters for Guardian correct?? (I will slowly read them) if I have free time I will make a video. See how first... 

30 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

Valerie86 sure but now I am on the road. Later then I will watch and I will reply here again later hahaha.... Or else I might bang on LAMP-post!!! Hahaha... 

I saw yesterday Wattpad the translation was at only Chapter 35 you mentioned there are 300+ chapters for Guardian correct?? (I will slowly read them) if I have free time I will make a video. See how first... 

It seems there are only 106 chapter for the novel.

1 hour ago, aurorail said:

It seems there are only 106 chapter for the novel.

•  

Ohhhh. I am just quoting from the post in page 3 :):):):):)

from Soompi friend 

:In case who can read Chinese 

I got the link to load the novel here

http://www.txt2016.com/ebook/2013/0309/33741.html#yuedu

If i follow the link I see 300+ chapters.  hehe

•  

4 minutes ago, valerie86 said:
  •  

Ohhhh. I am just quoting from the post in page 3 :):):):):)

from Soompi friend 

:In case who can read Chinese 

I got the link to load the novel here

http://www.txt2016.com/ebook/2013/0309/33741.html#yuedu

If i follow the link I see 300+ chapters.  hehe

•  

Wow Valerie86 you have evidence. 106 chapters VS 300+ chapters alot of difference. Any English translation?? Chinese words I am unable to read lol... Wow 314 Chapters!!! Valerie86 is it still continuing??? 

1 hour ago, siobhanne said:

@node that was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the Chinese fan videos with us! 

@valerie86 If you look closely, inside these short separate chapters are the longer actual chapters by the author. 

Thanks  @siobhanne 

Yeah I was also super wondering why the chapters are sooooo short .. but at least 106 is still not too bad. :):) 

@cherylrose

the novel is already completed, but I havent read it yet as I am quite illiterate at reading chinese words :)  I  am very keen in reading the translations though, just no time yet :)

1 hour ago, siobhanne said:

@node that was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the Chinese fan videos with us! 

@valerie86 If you look closely, inside these short separate chapters are the longer actual chapters by the author. 

Siobhanne what do you mean If you look closely, inside these short separate chapters are the longer actual chapters by the author???(Can you explain please) 

1 hour ago, cherylrose said:

Siobhanne what do you mean If you look closely, inside these short separate chapters are the longer actual chapters by the author???(Can you explain please) 

The website claimed to have 300++ chapters, but as you read the you notice that each actual chapters were spread over the 300++ chapters. Just think of it as having 300++ pages and the 100++ chapters are spread over 300++ pages

23 minutes ago, dzareth said:

The website claimed to have 300++ chapters, but as you read the you notice that each actual chapters were spread over the 300++ chapters. Just think of it as having 300++ pages and the 100++ chapters are spread over 300++ pages

Oh i see. Do you know how many chapters in total?? (Including the 4 Epilogues)  

Archived