Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

They really need  to make some special episodes of happy ending 

I'm ready to wait but atleast 2 episodes please

9387850bly1ftmdn2unpyj21120kuav1.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cherylrose said:

Cedric Ong thanks for the info!!  Where can I watch it? Is it in Cinema?? 

Not in the cinemas. It'll be shown on iqiyi (online platform) 2morrow 26 Jul. I didn't see any time mentioned. Most probably in the evening.

https://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rr1yx438.html

Think either u can try if can watch in iqiyi but afraid might have region restriction. But usually someone will upload to youtube eventually. Hopefully subbed for non-chinese viewers.

Ya, the ending....if quote chinese viewers, can send "blades and daggers" to the scriptwriters.

• Like 1

I'll wait for the full version before saying much.

Not a fan of the time space thing, but kudos to Zhu Yilong and Bai Yu for their facial expressions despite not surrounded by any props. Seriously, a green room scene?:huh:

Zhou Yun lan looked very sad.... It's like finding out you love someone too late.... 

I wonder if Priest can be reached for his/ her thoughts on how they bludgeoned his/her novel? I mean come on! The two saving graces of this drama is BY+ZYL and the music!

Keep em fanvids and cracks comin'!

• Like 2

I'm guessing one of the big themes of the drama was ZYL trauma from childhood where his dad 'sacrificed his mom' (not exactly, but they had this bit where he wasn't willing to negotiate with the baddie, and said that the wife would understand), and ZYL in contrast is willing to give up his life to save the ones he loves. And Shen Wei's whole existence is constant self-sacrifice to keep others safe, basically living this warrior-monk life. So this is something that resonated between them, and made them respect and love one another. And in the end they both give up their lives to save other people (:bawling:). 

Whatever, my head-canon is that they both traveled to another time together and lived happily ever after, in places with chairs and beds and stuff. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RPM said:

And there's no cut scenes youku uploaded.

Episode is not yet available why.

There's a lolipop wrapper inside the pendant I'm wondering whether Zhao know about the pendant I haven't seen a single scene when he saw that pendant on Shen Wei 

RPM the lollipop pendant really happens!! Valerie86 the lollipop pendant it's reveal you are right!! I just watch finished so sad and stress I Scratch leg until bleed!!! Wah how come both died??? "One thing why Guo seems to be the new boss of SID and write on the diary" This is the New beginning" (maybe they can make a Special OVA Episodes to continue the Happy ending??) Such unexpected ending.... Valerie86, RPM, Cedric Ong, sheelatpsfm, dzareth, siobhanne anyone here Shock with the ending???? (Am I the only one scratch my leg until bleed after watching Episode 40??) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

I'm guessing one of the big themes of the drama was ZYL trauma from childhood where his dad 'sacrificed his mom' (not exactly, but they had this bit where he wasn't willing to negotiate with the baddie, and said that the wife would understand), and ZYL in contrast is willing to give up his life to save the ones he loves. And Shen Wei's whole existence is constant self-sacrifice to keep others safe, basically living this warrior-monk life. So this is something that resonated between them, and made them respect and love one another. And in the end they both give up their lives to save other people (:bawling:). 

Whatever, my head-canon is that they both traveled to another time together and lived happily ever after, in places with chairs and beds and stuff. 

I just hope the Scriptwriters can make Special OVAs Episodes to continue a Happy Ending just like "Uncontrolled Love" Happy Ending. Fans have to voice out so the Producer, Scriptwriters, and whoever connected to the drama to create Special OVA Episodes for Happy Ending. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Here is the big hint for the finale episodea Watch the video

Shen said "No matter how long. No matter where I am going.  You and I will still meet each other". so he really died i think :(Zhao looks at Shen in disbelief :( Below is the more complete conversation from other IG post 

Wei: You're here
Lan: You're leaving right
Wei: Lets make a bet. Wherever you go, you and I one day, will meet again. 
Lan: Alright 

And that is the end. No more Reunion at all :( 

I am Stunned by the ending of Episode 40 who ZYL dies... I think everyone here don't expect ZYL to die. It's really sad everyone says Shen Wei dies but ZYL lives and here comes Episode 40 both died... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Blegh, so in the end all the foreshadowing of their lives being connected is to kill both of them off. Such a cheap way to make an impactful ending. At least give a rebirth teaser or something, life is hard enough without this depressing nonsense. Why can't the gays have a happy ending, huh? Why must it be tragic?

Although the real tragedy is that Guo seems to be the new boss of SID.  While he is a decent enough individual, he is just tragically stupid and clumsy (seriously dude, you accidentally close the cage where the button to stop freezing is,??? I know it's just bad writing, but that's his character in the drama). So all that sacrifice is for nothing, humanity is doomed. Guo is probably going to accidentally set off a nuclear war.

Or was that ending timeless space meeting supposed to be the happy ending? Shen says he bet they would meet again, and that is them meeting? I want my happy endiiiing. Or at least a moderately not soul-destroying ending.

ETA: Okay, so having seen the 3 excerpts, I guess the ending is that after death they meet in the timeless space, where Shen Wei says he made a bet they would meet again. And then they smile at each other happily through tears. I can accept this ending, at least they are together after death. (What is there to do there, there's not even a chair). Better this, than that only one of them dies. Maybe they'll be reincarnated/reappear to fix the world after Guo starts a nuclear war accidentally. I can live with this ending, don't need to saw at my blood vessels.

The pendant was totally the lollipop wrapper, what a cute crush. ZYL looked touched. 

Your post cracks me up lol Guo starting a nuclear war and...there is no chair in the afterlife...Geez...I was crying (anyone else?) when they both died especially when ZYL is calling SW names and realized he is dead :tears: Both of them sacrifice themselves to save the world and that really touches me as that's why they are our heroes but why???? They deserves to be together... The ending scene is so touching but I still don't understand...Are they saying they will meet in the next lifetime? Argh... Still it is better than one dead and one is alive....

Let me go back to the novel and write up a summary of the 'happy ending' to cheer us up a bit lol

As for their upcoming drama, I heard they are trying to rush Zhu Yi Long's drama "Letting You Float Like A Dream" since YouKu already brought the rights to air it...rumor to be next month but no official confirmation yet...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cherylrose said:

RPM the lollipop pendant really happens!! Valerie86 the lollipop pendant it's reveal you are right!! I just watch finished so sad and stress I Scratch leg until bleed!!! Wah how come both died??? "One thing why Guo seems to be the new boss of SID and write on the diary" This is the New beginning" (maybe they can make a Special OVA Episodes to continue the Happy ending??) Such unexpected ending.... Valerie86, RPM, Cedric Ong, sheelatpsfm, dzareth, siobhanne anyone here Shock with the ending???? (Am I the only one scratch my leg until bleed after watching Episode 40??) 

Yes, I was telling my mom about the ending... 

Until now even though I tried to grasp the truth of the ending, but still I thought what a weird ending! 

Now thinking back of watching the raw episodes, I feel in my opinion that from the moment between ep30 to ep34, that's where all it went wrong. Out of the blue, suddenly Shen Wei losing his strength and going downhill. The flashbacks look incomplete. No talking about the functions of the four holy tools. 

Then how come Guo becomes the new boss as he is the youngest member joined in SID? Should have been the cat boy as he is the deputy right? Really damn weird.

How come after Shen Wei and Night died, Zhao Yu Lan suddenly uses the lamp? The story definitely got changed tremendously. 

Eventhough I'm at ep29 (english sub), I am already dreading to watch ep30 and onwards once they get subbed.... 

I have watched many dramas ending badly and worst than this.. But.. I only can say but... but... but... 

• Like 5

This ending hurt us alot never thought about this kind of ending.

Never Ever expect Happy ending from CN drama. 

(ONLY 10-12 CN dramas I have seen and only Sad ending or Open ending they had .)

The story behind yezun also hurt me so much.

Spoiler

• Like 2

Honestly I'd much rather both of them died than just one died. Because at least there's some respect that it's a love story. But I think it's a bit cheating that we don't even get hugs or kisses and yet the tragic lovers die. They're starving us too much. 

I also would really hope that the crazy intense Chinese fans (in general, not just for this show, just my personal opinion) manage to wrangle out some special endings or something. Although I think someone mentioned the production company went bankrupt. But whatever, it's China, they can make it happen. I don't know how they would get the actors now, since with the new laws they can't massively overpay them compared to the other production costs. What are insane fans for if not for this?

• Like 1

Omg. At work but have to sign in and rant. Hopefully work doesn't think I'm like being shady.

Lame. Super lame! Don't understand how a book with a supposedly happy ending (according to what I have heard, haven't read the whole book) ends up with a bitter ending. Priest wrote 3 extra chapters/epilogues. I skimmed the 3rd extra chapter and it's definitely a happy one.

Rough summary as I quickly type this at work (rough summary as I'm not a native, learned Chinese in childhood so please correct me if I'm off) 

Spoiler

They relocated their office on no 4 road to no 9 university street/road. Few walking minutes from Shen Wei. And he picks up Yun Lan after work! 

The new office has an attic and a huge garden. They're growing all kinds of Veggies. Shen Wei comes to pick up Yun Lan, finds him sleeping in the attic. Yun Lan fell asleep trying to read a book on growing vegetables. Shen Wei walks over, peck Yun Lan on the lips, places Yun Lan on his lap. He tells Yun Lan to wake up and not sleep or else he’ll have insomnia tonight.

He tells Shen Wei the book is cursed because he can't get passed the introduction part. Shen Wei tells him that if he plants the seeds himself, if the weather is nice, the vegetables will naturally grow, no need to read the book. But Yun Lan thinks otherwise.

He tells Shen Wei that if he doesn't read the book, he will not be able to eat or do anything else. He will end up depressed. The Nordic region (?) is naturally cold and so suicide rates are high. Kun Lun mountain is naturally cold so he must have inherited that in his bones so he's going to be prone to depression. Shen Wei is like I’m sorry. (LOL)

Yun Lan hugs Shen Wei from the waist and is like, you must not love me anymore. You fickle man. (LOL, he actually uses what someone would typically describe a fickle, seductress, woman). Shen Wei is like, don’t act so spoiled. What do you want me to do? Yun Lan smiles at Shen Wei and Shen Wei is like, okay, I will read this to you when we get home. But if you fall asleep, just sleep, don’t try anything else.

Yun Lan grabs Shen Wei’s head and is like when have I ever try to do anything or taken advantage of you?! Shen Wei is like okay okay, let’s go home. Yun Lan turns his head the other way and says can’t get up, my lumbar is strained. (LOL) Shen offers to hold him and Yun Lan got up himself instead. LOL.

Apparently having lumbar muscle strained means they been rolling around in the sheets too much ;). LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Someone posted a translation of the 1st extra story on weibo.  So let's comfort ourselves. Guo sounds like he was way more awesome in the book. Reading what happened, I think the scriptwriters couldn't come up with how to end the story, because since they had to take away a lot of ZYL and Shen Wei's powers due to censoring, they couldn't really resolve it like it is in the book. But maybe they should've tried harder.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like i wont watch this now cant deal with that ending ill just be happy with the crack videos. 

Honestly I'd much rather both of them died than just one died. Because at least there's some respect that it's a love story. But I think it's a bit cheating that we don't even get hugs or kisses and yet the tragic lovers die. They're starving us too much. 

I also would really hope that the crazy intense Chinese fans (in general, not just for this show, just my personal opinion) manage to wrangle out some special endings or something. Although I think someone mentioned the production company went bankrupt. But whatever, it's China, they can make it happen. I don't know how they would get the actors now, since with the new laws they can't massively overpay them compared to the other production costs. What are insane fans for if not for this?

Then have them die together .. that is more powerful. 

4 hours ago, cherylrose said:

@cherylrose

I also couldnt sleep because of the ending. I felt Very  shocked , frustrated and depressed ..

But yeah at least both died is muchhhhhh better than 1 live 1 died.  Sobs sobs sobs. But they seem to go their separate way in blackhole too because Shen crying and Zhao said you're leaving??

I guess it all comes down to china govt banned the boys love aspect so they could not make them together / live happily ever after.

• Like 3

After the tragic ending that the drama had given us, I am writing a summary of the actual ending of the novel. Please note that this is not a word for word translation…just a summary since I know others are working hard to translate the novel!

Novel Summary of the Ending

Spoiler

After ZYL learned about SW’s identity and his pact with the other ancient god, they planned to die together once the seal is broken to reseal it. However, they thought they have at least this one lifetime to spend together before that actually happened. Unfortunately, things got moved along rather quickly.

Ghost Face (Night) along with a bunch of “ghosts” escaped and created chaos everywhere. While SW was concentrated on evaporating all those ghosts/evil spirits, Ghost Face did a sneak attack and stabbed him with an ice stake (made from underworld’s water) to immobilize him and kidnapped him. ZYL went to the underworld to see if he can regain his god power, unfortunately, the rulers of the underworld had other things up their sleeves (They are all very selfish because if the seal is broken the first place to be doom is the underworld). They planned to reactivate the last mystical items, the Guardian Lamp by using ZYL’s blood. In other words, they want to sacrifice ZYL’s mortal life to lighten up the lamp. Fortunately, the Yao race (the snakes, birds, etc) came to the rescue because in ancient times, God Zun Lun saved their entire race, so they won’t let him be killed and disrespected.

Meanwhile, SW verbally lured Ghost Face to go to the underworld. Apparently, he had it all plan out to use the ‘third parties’ to defeat Ghost Face. SW is pretty much a schemer here. He planted seed earlier so that other gods are dissatisfied and angry with the rulers of Underworld. At this point, the rulers of Underworld, the Yao race, and all the other gods are all together arguing and fighting in the underworld, so when Ghost Face appeared, they all gain up on him. (Pretty smart of SW, but very bad for Ghost Face).

On the other hand, SW is still immobilized and trapped along with Lin Jing (science geek in the drama but a monk here). Lin Jing used his enchantment to break free and then help SW pulled out the ice stake. (In contrast to stabbing him farther in the drama lol) Afterward, SW quickly recovered and went to search for ZYL. All of them escaped to the top but not before they saw Ghost Face was about to be defeated but he sacrificed himself to completely break the seal…

Once they arrived to the top, SW started preparing the ritual for the resealing along with the help of all the members of the SID team and the four mystical items. As for the Guardian Lamp, SW only used a bit of ZYL’s blood from his finger and his soul fire (kept in SW’s necklace) to lighten up the lamp again since he only needs it for the ritual. Meanwhile, ZYL told the god that possessed his father’s body that when he died, he can use his body to live as “ZYL” to continue his work and take care of his parents.

After everything was set in place, all four mystical items started functioning…

Suddenly, a hand appeared and wrapped around ZYL. He turned around and realized SW appeared behind him. The moment he raised his head, a very very deep kiss landed on his lips.

It was a very gentle yet engaging kiss…until ZYL felt something from his heart was quickly being pulled away. He started struggling but SW’s hand was like iron holding onto the back of his head.

ZYL felt the coldness inside his heart. All the memories of SW and their feelings flashed through his eyes and he clearly felt like if there was a hand that was slowly wiping it all away.

SW’s surrounding are engulfed in fire, he slowly let go of the unconscious ZYL and placed him safely in his father/god’s arms.

He looked longingly at ZYL one last time and slowly let his body engulfed in flames...

“Even though he had spent tremendous amount of effort to obtain this person, at the end, he is the one that pushes him away with his own hands.”

“Even though he strategized so long to gain their promise of life and death together, at the end, he is the one to broke this promise”

“Never die, never destroy, never will become a god”. SW finally understand what this means at this moment. His heart felt at peace as if there is this feeling that is saying “Finally, I am worthy of him.”

“Unfortunately, we will no longer meet…”

---

“What is that sound?” Wang Zheng asked. (The ghost/spirit girl in the SID team. Yes, she and her lover didn’t die in the novel)

“That’s the sound of thousands of mountains crying” said ZYL’s father/god.

“Mountains can cry?”

“Yes, legend has it that when God Zun Lun sacrificed himself thousands year ago, the mountains cried as well but not as loud. Maybe because at that time, the god was not truly perished.”

As if understanding the meaning behind what he was saying, Wang Zheng started crying.

Suddenly, a voice said “Silly girl, why are you crying?”

Wang Zheng watched as ZYL opened his eyes and stood up. Even though he looked the same but they felt like something changed. Did he really lose all his memories?

But when his father/god looked at him in shock and slowly kneel down and said “Greeting to Lord of the Mountain”

ZYL had woken up as Zun Lun, looking very seriously. Suddenly, as if he understood something that the other ancient god had been trying to tell him all along. He sat in front of the Guardian Lamp and waited. Until a steam of fire appeared from somewhere (Guo) and lighten up the lamp. He watched in worry and hope until a figure was formed and fell into his arms. As if he used up all his energy, he held onto the person and fell to the ground.

Note: Since I just saw someone working on the translation of these, I’ll stop here right when they started translating lol This ending is soooo much sweeter. I also heard that all the fans went crying to the novel author and the author promise to write another epilogue to please the fans. Yeah!!! Love this author!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Someone posted a translation of the 1st extra story on weibo.  So let's comfort ourselves. Guo sounds like he was way more awesome in the book. Reading what happened, I think the scriptwriters couldn't come up with how to end the story, because since they had to take away a lot of ZYL and Shen Wei's powers due to censoring, they couldn't really resolve it like it is in the book. But maybe they should've tried harder.

Thanks for the link to the translation! I was working on the summary when I saw your post, so I only did it up to the translation here lol Guo is more awesome, his life is dedicated to keeping the Soul Lamp lit by continuing to do good deeds. 

You are exactly right...they had taken all they can from the novel and just gave us the worst scenario. I mean SW and ZYL was planning to die together but at the last minute, he decided to wipe his memory (another bad scenario) and sacrifice himself alone  but the author managed to turn everything back to a happy ending and with very good reasoning too. 

• Like 2