Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

1 hour ago, BreezeC said:

Link pls for the digital ost. It is so frustrating that I want to buy items to support them but I can't because most of the items are only sold in China.

Soundtrack

The music in this show is really good. And I like that they mostly used the actor's voices. The quality is just so much better this way. Even if one sentence is recorded in a different studio than the rest, or sometimes even a word in a sentence, what matters is that the emotions come through. I really wonder what happened to the sound in this show, why it is like this. I've seen fanvideos with better mixing. But in the end what matters is that the love-story comes through, the rest just falls into the background.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Zhu Yilong said he would love to try a character like Zhao Yunlan. I think he should try something like that. Something comedic, but let it be a shameless, confident, comedic character. He has pretty much proven his capabilities for angsty, dramatic roles. Or a twisted character. Didn't everyone loved Yezun? I still think he should try a Count of Monte Cristo-like Mei Changsu-esque character.

Scratch that.

To NiF producers, if NiF 3 is in the horizon, please give Zhu Yilong a call.

Last I checked there are 11 english subbed episodes on Youtube from his drama "Princess is back". CCTV. The rest of it is pretty much worthless borefest, but he has a funny dynamic with the main female lead. And his character is so fun and naughty and different from his usual wuxia fare or Shen Wei. Their scenes are definitely worth to watch. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I feel the same way. In fact, if I may add, ZYL also seems to a bit of a temper. Hehe.... There are instances where he seemed impatient/ annoyed.

I've also came to realise that I have been undermining his career a bit. Although pre-Guardian he was a bit lacking in the popularity aspect, ZYL has accumulated quite a resume for himself. He may be newly popular, but 10 years is hardly a newbie in the industry.

Zhu Yilong said he would love to try a character like Zhao Yunlan. I think he should try something like that. Something comedic, but let it be a shameless, confident, comedic character. He has pretty much proven his capabilities for angsty, dramatic roles. Or a twisted character. Didn't everyone loved Yezun? I still think he should try a Count of Monte Cristo-like Mei Changsu-esque character.

Scratch that.

To NiF producers, if NiF 3 is in the horizon, please give Zhu Yilong a call.

I agree. He gets annoyed especially when they put him on the spot on some ridiculous topic. However, there was a recent interview where it is much more focus on his career and he seems more talkative. Based on that interview, he seems to have a very clear understanding of his career. For example, he understands that popular is not everlasting and that his personality is a bit of a disadvantage in this industry. He doesn't like to deal with too complicated stuff and he doesn't like to ask people for help. (Two main things I think that is required in the entertainment business) As for better characters and drama, he said that when you first come out, you don't get to pick and choose. If there is characters he wants, he will auditions and try his best to get it but if it still doesn't come to him, he will give up. Rather than waiting for the 'right' role, he rather continue acting to gain more experience. 

After listening to that interview, it is sooo true that's the reality of the entertainment business. Even if you have the look and the acting abilities, it doesn't guarantee a smooth path or popularity or opportunity are waiting for you. And even if you work hard and concentrate on acting, it doesn't guarantee anything. I mean think about all the other actors/actresses who are serious about acting but we don't even know their names. Funny, I came across an interview of Yang Rong who mentioned both Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu. She is one of the actress who filmed two drama with Zhu Yi Long in the earlier years and recent with Bai Yu in Memory Lost. She mentioned that she doubted her perspective/view because of Zhu Yi Long. She thought that with his look and his acting ability, he should be famous a long time ago. She remember when directors asked her is there any male costar she think is suitable, she mentioned Zhu Yi Long name but the directors are like Hmmmm.... (Not sure who he is or not well known enough I guess) So she always wonder is her perspective different from others. Now learning about their popularity, she is very happy, especially for Zhu Yi Long. She even said that when you are gold, sooner or later you will shine. As comparison, Bai Yu is a bit more lucky because he started with a few minor roles but already started on getting lead soon afterward. Yang Rong is another actress I find to be very realistic about herself and her career. Recently, her new drama was aired and she is criticized for her role. She post a long message on her weibo regarding her work, her reasoning, and the market demand of actress of her age. So sad but so true. It was sweet that both Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu as well as the author of the novel posted messages supporting her.

As for his upcoming dramas, you mentioned NIF producer, do you know that The Story of Ming Lan is the same producer of NIF. That's why out of all his drama I believe this one will cause the most voice and anticipation. Although his character is still angst and tragic, at least, I hope it will give him more opportunities in the future. I think he is fine in comedy role, have you seen Royal Sister Returns? Very adorable and cute acting there. What I want to see is a rougher and badass role...the closest I can think of his upcoming drama "Letting You Float Like A Dream" since he looks like a bad boy but still too pretty lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BreezeC said:

I agree. He gets annoyed especially when they put him on the spot on some ridiculous topic. However, there was a recent interview where it is much more focus on his career and he seems more talkative. Based on that interview, he seems to have a very clear understanding of his career. For example, he understands that popular is not everlasting and that his personality is a bit of a disadvantage in this industry. He doesn't like to deal with too complicated stuff and he doesn't like to ask people for help. (Two main things I think that is required in the entertainment business) As for better characters and drama, he said that when you first come out, you don't get to pick and choose. If there is characters he wants, he will auditions and try his best to get it but if it still doesn't come to him, he will give up. Rather than waiting for the 'right' role, he rather continue acting to gain more experience. 

Do you have a link to that interview? I'm guessing you understand Chinese so it's probably not translated? 

I like actors who are not snobs about acting. I can understand fans frustrations when they want to see the actor in something watchable, but fans often (always) get too precious about actors' careers. After all a lot of what is considered quality is super skewed, at least in the west, towards young-middle aged men's tastes. I don't see why an action movie is less embarrassing than a romantic comedy, they're both made just to entertain and not really to make you think. Or even if I don't like to watch soap operas, they are one of the few joys left in my 95-year-old grandpa's life, I think it's ageist to call them trash. There are many different types of shows and movies one can enjoy depending on the mood, important characters, colorful side-characters, extras, cliches, and if one went into school for acting they are probably passionate about it, so it's nice that they can keep that passion alive and be happy to be working and to support themselves by working in that field that they are passionate about. Anyway, random rant over, hurray for Zhu Yi Long, nice attitude. I also like how he said about the monkey/caveman character that it's okay for fans to amuse themselves, he is not embarrassed about anything, it's all his experiences.

ETA: I read Yang Rong's Weibo post from 20.07.2018 that you mentioned. Actually google translate from chinese is amazingly comprehensible. It was a really nice piece, good for her for calling things as she sees them. Absolutely the acting world for women is a young girls' arena, so why shouldn't she be allowed to keep on earning and working as long as she can. She even humbly said she has seen her beautiful and talented seniors who are praised for their beauty and maturity/skill, but yet never get work, how could she dare to do better if she's not even as beautiful or skilled (her words via google translate).

• Like 2

@BreezeC do you have links to those particular interviews? Zhu Yilong's and Yang Rong's. Even if can't understand his words, i'd love to watch their facial expressions.

So there is a NiF connection in ming lan? Then, I'll look forward to that. Please please let him dub his own voice.

I want him in a badass role too. Preferably in contemporary setting.

I think he should carefully consider period drama roles. There's a risk of being typecasted because he is just too pretty. I think recent reproductions of the wuxia genre (Jin Yong, gu long etc) are bad. And I'm really not into idol-like costume productions or anything with bad CG. I like pre-Tang dynasty era but those tend to be really big budget dramas and they tend to be heavily plot centric so there won't be much sword wielding scenes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

Do you have a link to that interview? I'm guessing you understand Chinese so it's probably not translated? 

I like actors who are not snobs about acting. I can understand fans frustrations when they want to see the actor in something watchable, but fans often (always) get too precious about actors' careers. After all a lot of what is considered quality is super skewed, at least in the west, towards young-middle aged men's tastes. I don't see why an action movie is less embarrassing than a romantic comedy, they're both made just to entertain and not really to make you think. Or even if I don't like to watch soap operas, they are one of the few joys left in my 95-year-old grandpa's life, I think it's ageist to call them trash. There are many different types of shows and movies one can enjoy depending on the mood, important characters, colorful side-characters, extras, cliches, and if one went into school for acting they are probably passionate about it, so it's nice that they can keep that passion alive and be happy to be working and to support themselves by working in that field that they are passionate about. Anyway, random rant over, hurray for Zhu Yi Long, nice attitude. I also like how he said about the monkey/caveman character that it's okay for fans to amuse themselves, he is not embarrassed about anything, it's all his experiences.

Zhu Yi Long interview (no eng sub): 

Yang Rong talks about Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu:

Updated: 

dzareth 

I agree that 'pretty' can be both bad and good. Good that it makes the outcome visually pleasing to the eyes but it does limit him to opportunities to more challenging and out-breaking roles. Personally, I feel Zhu Yi Long is the type of actor who turn himself into the roles he is playing but he needs to get that role first. Funny, his role in Ming Lan is suppose to be the most handsome/beautiful male in the state lol but I am looking forward to how he will portray all the emotions and repressions since this is not really an action drama more like a family/society type of drama with a lot of hidden feelings underneath. At least that's my impression from the trailer... :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

006GCJgugy1ftjv9jwgh3j31bp2i8e83.jpg

006GCJgugy1ftjv981dtkj31am2i8e83.jpg

Harper's Bazaar Token of love Couple pendant ❤

Web Rankings 

Top Dramas (7-day)

1. The Drug Hunter

2. Legend of Fuyao

3. Sweet Dreams 

4. Meteor Garden 2018 

5. Guardian❤❤❤

6. The Destiny of White Snake 

7. Sui Sui Nian Nian Shi Shi Hong

8. Legend of Yunxi 

9. Medical Examiner Dr. Qin Season 2 

10. Sand Sea

Top Celebrities (7-day)

1. Zhu Yilong❤❤❤

2. Dilraba Dilmurat

3. Yang Mi

4. Zhao Liying

5. Ju Jingyi

6. Yang Zi

7. Bai Yu❤❤❤

8. Allen Ren Jialun 

9. Zhang Zhehan 

10. Ethan Ruan

Zhu Yilong who's been gaining attention because of his role in Guardian has topped celeb rankings for the third week in a row.

(Drama Panda ) 

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing that clip @BreezeC. I thought that was a very forthright and honest interview. I don't feel any obnoxious air around him. He sounds like a guy who is doing what he enjoys doing and isn't afraid to let go once things become burdensome.

Buuuuuuuut, than wonderful interview has revealed that he does now the real genre of the story (BL) and he is aware that they had to film with heightened restrictions. So he really did try to get into SW's psyche, what with the longing for his reincarnated friend clearly portrayed. I loved that he find Yezun as the most challenging among the characters. So we will probably see him explore darker characters in the future.

I'm willing to bet that SW is one of the characters that he really fought for. Aiya.... Zhu Yilong ah Zhu Yilong..... I'm liking you much more now...

How awesome for him to rank higher than Yang MI in the poll?:blink:

Edited by dzareth
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, RPM said:

006GCJgugy1ftjv9jwgh3j31bp2i8e83.jpg

006GCJgugy1ftjv981dtkj31am2i8e83.jpg

Harper's Bazaar Token of love Couple pendant ❤

Web Rankings 

Top Dramas (7-day)

1. The Drug Hunter

2. Legend of Fuyao

3. Sweet Dreams 

4. Meteor Garden 2018 

5. Guardian❤❤❤

6. The Destiny of White Snake 

7. Sui Sui Nian Nian Shi Shi Hong

8. Legend of Yunxi 

9. Medical Examiner Dr. Qin Season 2 

10. Sand Sea

Top Celebrities (7-day)

1. Zhu Yilong❤❤❤

2. Dilraba Dilmurat

3. Yang Mi

4. Zhao Liying

5. Ju Jingyi

6. Yang Zi

7. Bai Yu❤❤❤

8. Allen Ren Jialun 

9. Zhang Zhehan 

10. Ethan Ruan

Zhu Yilong who's been gaining attention because of his role in Guardian has topped celeb rankings for the third week in a row.

(Drama Panda ) 

RPM glad that Zhu Yilong Still holds Number 1. Yang Rong's says about Zhu Yilong handsome and he is great in acting really I love she uses the word "Gold" and it will still shine sooner or later. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, siobhanne said:

ETA: I read Yang Rong's Weibo post from 20.07.2018 that you mentioned. Actually google translate from chinese is amazingly comprehensible. It was a really nice piece, good for her for calling things as she sees them. Absolutely the acting world for women is a young girls' arena, so why shouldn't she be allowed to keep on earning and working as long as she can. She even humbly said she has seen her beautiful and talented seniors who are praised for their beauty and maturity/skill, but yet never get work, how could she dare to do better if she's not even as beautiful or skilled (her words via google translate).

Yang Rong is a beautiful woman. I was disbelief when I realized that she is older than Bai Yu. I thought she was younger. 

I was annoyed with her character in Memory Lost but I got hooked up with both of them. Every time I see time doing mischief things I couldn't help smiling. It was a good ending but I feel like there was a mystery behind the ending of Memory Lost.

tumblr_pccew4HX2e1r3hq6jo1_500.gif

tumblr_pccew4HX2e1r3hq6jo2_500.gif

tumblr_pccew4HX2e1r3hq6jo3_r1_500.gif

Third one is done, some fun before we wait for the last episode,

god, even typing this hurts...I don't want it to end...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm feeling sad already. The realization that tomorrow is the finale and even though I'm only watching up to ep29 (eng sub), but the reality that tomorrow not sure what going to happen to SW and ZYL. 

• Like 2

@nerjaveika Hahaha. So on point with the one-night crush thing. Since I don't understand Chinese I keep trying to pretend that they were on the road longer or something, but yeah. Then again, if most of that 10 000 years was spent sealed away then it's more reasonable, I didn't really get the timeline of Shen Wei's awakening. I will try to bend my brain to think of it as Kun Lun was the first and only person to treat Shen Wei like a person, who knew him also as the black robe. So since he is the only one, then even if it's just one night it is still valuable enough to cry over for 10 000 years (but seriously, learn to make friends, dude). Or maybe he has a magic d***. One of these.

I'm so glad today's episode ends the fruit seller guy's saga, I'm so tired of his one-note bug-eyed revenge acting.

Btw, does anyone know how much Chinese artists are forced to post communist propaganda?  Or at their level (BY, ZYL) if they do it is from their own initiative? I know the latest party congress or whatnot had a lot of the top level stars there to be lectured at to propagandize and to clap enthusiastically to everything, but I wouldn't have thought people with a few million followers need bother. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone I found this video today: (Please go to 2:31 to 2:36 you will see ZYL I believe not Kun Lun as Shen Wei shouted Kun Lun but look again it's our ZYL he is holding a "Gun" they might time travel again to "Era". (Let me think if ZYL can travel back to Era he can take out that Shen Wei correct because it's back dated time!! (I seen many time travel that can happen. Bringing back dead person to life!) I hope this happens!!! {Since my prediction of time travel happens for that black hole space Valerie86 remember I posted here and on the day itself I say really time travel!!} {I am sure why they don't want to release the preview of Episode 40 don't forget they have film many different versions} 

• Like 1