Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

11 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

About Zhu Yi Long....

Hide contents

They (in a few past articles) used to say he look abit like HK actor's Tony Leung Leung Chiu Wai. Well, he's still look like himself...i mean everyone is unique looking.

But from his recent photoshoot clip....well, i do agree...if u pause at 20secs....his eyes? when his mouth curl up abit. there's some likeness there.

Anyway like many said, I agree Zhu YIlong has a certain appeal. Sometimes it's not the physical look....but certain "air", charm or style that captivate viewers. Interesting he also got a childlike appeal which u don't feel he's childish at his age (30yo). 

And i think his popularity will increase soon...with 2 upcoming dramas. Esp 知否知否应是绿肥红瘦 Story of Minglan with Zhao Liying and Feng Shaofeng. ZLY is 3rd in the list, 2nd male lead. Read that it's a complicated role which showcase acting skills (eg after 2min when he cried and laughed along the corridor).

And this drama looks really well-made.

Another upcoming drama which was filmed last yr. 许你浮生若梦 Letting You Float Like A Dream. 

;o hes in story of minglang im excited for that drama.

Count me in. From the beginning this drama for me is bromance, brotherhood, long lost brothers or we can call it soul brothers. 

When you see someone, you feel like you have known that person as your soul has something like a connection. That's why when ZYL first saw SW, he felt like they have known each other. Even though he is suspicious of SW, he still believe him even though he knew who SW really is. 

In ep27, ZYL was angry with SW for meeting his father behind his back. He said you are my best friend but you are hiding things from me. He also said I believed in you which I don't know why when I was suspicious of you in the beginning. 

Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu are both good actors but Zhu Yi Long I read somewhere he is already in the industry for 10 years. This drama gave them opportunity to make a better name for themselves. They not only acted as good friends in the drama but they are also good friends
in real life. 

In my opinion, they were perfect for the characters and other actors also acted quite good too. You need a whole package to make a good drama. 

Hope to see them both acting together as brotherhood drama in the future.

How is that drama bromance or brotherhood some people dont see the clear signals. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, joccu said:

this has been my new obsession. i mean everyday i going to new vid or waiting for the new subbed episode.

And even though I don't understand chinese i have watched all the raw episodes. 

been reading the novel too. luckily  I have summer vacation. 

can someone explain me why chinese has banned ghosts and reincarnation. Has it do with some kind of religion? I mean really don't understand. 

I heard it's like if the story is set in the past, like ancient royal China, it's fine. But if the story is set at the modern time, you can't have ghost, reincarnation, time-travelling, etc showed on TV. The ban came out after some kid committed suicide to do the time travelling....

• Thanks 1

New fmv with EN sub, this one will make sense if you read the original novel, it follows the novel story line.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

And another one with sub, both this and the above one are the best fmv I've ever seen, both are MUST WATCH quality

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, node said:

New fmv with EN sub, this one will make sense if you read the original novel, it follows the novel story line.

Wow! The person who did this did an amazing job! How did she/he make the voices sound soooo much like BY? lol Thank you for sharing! :)  

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know whether Zhao and Shen voice in the drama are real actor voice. Or the dubbing actor voice?  Cause I believe Chinese drama use dubbers to  minimise their accent  difference.

thanks ^^

8 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Does anyone know whether Zhao and Shen voice in the drama are real actor voice. Or the dubbing actor voice?  Cause I believe Chinese drama use dubbers to  minimise their accent  difference.

thanks ^^

Fortunately this time it is the real deal, hon. You can clearly compare with bts/interviews etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

Fortunately this time it is the real deal, hon. You can clearly compare with bts/interviews etc. 

Wow .. I am over the moon.  both of them sounds like professional dubbing actor. I thought it is Jiang  (the popular dubbing actor  who did the dubbing for Three lives three worlds 10 miles of Peach Blossom)

thx for letting me know. 

7 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Regarding the discussion on BL, I completely agree with you all that BL is mostly catered to female fans. Although I do know that real life homosexual do read it as well.  I do read BL novel but I prefer those that are more reality-based with the main couple struggling and dealing with their sexuality or the pressure from society. To me, what is the point of reading male/male relationship when those are not an issue and the story can easily be turn to male/female relationship? Guardian, the novel, doesn't really address these issues much since it is supernatural based but there was two scenes that had a very deep impression on me regarding their realistic side of their relationship.

The first is when ZYL brought SW to his parent house and told his mother in the kitchen that he is gay. (Yes, his mom is very alive in the novel) At first, she thought he was joking and then, when she realized that he was serious, she was shock. Afterward, she asked him "What about your job? What would others say about you? What if this affect your future?" Then "What about his family? Does his family agree? What is his personality? Does he treat you well? I thought you had girlfriends before, why?" (When I read this part of the novel, I suddenly realized that other than the supernatural part of their relationship, there will be other reality issues they will need to face as a couple) ZYL finally said, "Yes, I dated both female AND male before but for him (SW) I am willing to go all the way." (This is the moment, I realized, as a human ZYL, not god KL, he is willing to do all that he can to be with the person he loved.)

The second is with his father. His father was asking him whether he can part with SW. He said, "Maybe one day, when your hormones are back to normal, you will regret your choice." "Love can be very strong, but it can also be very weak...especially when faced with oppression and pressure...slowly this will turn into a very strong force and emotion... but you have to remember "Mountain can never defeat you but the accumulation of sands will." "The difficulty of love can be overcome with strength and willingness regardless of costs but at the end, love will return to being plain...Have you thought about the day when all the attractive,  desire, and the element that make your heart beat dissolved and all that remain is all the memories of difficulty and pain. How do you face him then?" Then his father set an example of when ZYL is a child, he always want to eat ice cream but his mom didn't let him. He will rebel and throw tantrum. His father came up with a plan and let him eat as much as possible until he had a stomachache. After that, he never want to eat ice cream again.  ZYL replied, "SW and I didn't just met. We know each other for a long time. I understand what you are saying, Dad, but in this world, there is this person, not because he is so beautiful that you will give up everything and sacrifice everything for him but you realized that if you hurt him, you are the worst being."

These two conversations enlightened me that other than the thousand years history between our couple and all the supernatural forces that are obstacles to them, there is also the reality side in their relationships. OMG! I think I am loving this author more and more lol

thank you for your explanationsss. I really love reading your posts (as usual)

I read a little bit of novel (English version) and I see in the novel     Zhao actually said to Shen  he is interested in Shen ? (seems like Zhao is chasing Shen first in the novel) ? . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, valerie86 said:

thank you for your explanationsss. I really love reading your posts (as usual)

I read a little bit of novel (English version) and I see in the novel     Zhao actually said to Shen  he is interested in Shen ? (seems like Zhao is chasing Shen first in the novel) ? . 

Yep yep :D ZYL chased SW like crazy... making excuse to see him, keep calling him, and keep trying to ask him out etc

Remember SW is trying to avoid him as promised to that god so ZYL is the one that constantly pursue him...until he gave in... lol very cute and funny B)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

Yep yep :D ZYL chased SW like crazy... making excuse to see him, keep calling him, and keep trying to ask him out etc

Remember SW is trying to avoid him as promised to that god so ZYL is the one that constantly pursue him...until he gave in... lol very cute and funny B)

Oh wow I didn't know that. 

6 hours ago, node said:

Thanks

20 hours ago, valerie86 said:

@cherylrose  the lollipop pendant  ..few weeks ago I meant fans were predicting on Weibo that the pendant look so similar to a lollipop, so they said it is a frozen lollipop. (which might turn out to be true LOL)

Yeah Bai Yu said Zhu Yi Long is not so distant after they get to know each other better :)

I am not sure whether Shen in hospital scene will happen or not,  cause I have a feeling Shen cannot survive after such a  massive bleeding (it would be insensible  at all ) . It will be make sense more if Shen die,  Zhao later will go to black hole to find his loved one.  

Yeah agree about cheap sets. I am a bit unhappy they use the tie up in pillar scenario for 3-4 times.  So not creative..

Haha i didnt realise about the pillar wriggling thingy.  I need to rewatch the episode. Good eyesight !

I notice about the pillar as Shen Wei was tie up when he wriggle the pillar moves. 

9 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Regarding the discussion on BL, I completely agree with you all that BL is mostly catered to female fans. Although I do know that real life homosexual do read it as well.  I do read BL novel but I prefer those that are more reality-based with the main couple struggling and dealing with their sexuality or the pressure from society. To me, what is the point of reading male/male relationship when those are not an issue and the story can easily be turn to male/female relationship? Guardian, the novel, doesn't really address these issues much since it is supernatural based but there was two scenes that had a very deep impression on me regarding their realistic side of their relationship.

The first is when ZYL brought SW to his parent house and told his mother in the kitchen that he is gay. (Yes, his mom is very alive in the novel) At first, she thought he was joking and then, when she realized that he was serious, she was shock. Afterward, she asked him "What about your job? What would others say about you? What if this affect your future?" Then "What about his family? Does his family agree? What is his personality? Does he treat you well? I thought you had girlfriends before, why?" (When I read this part of the novel, I suddenly realized that other than the supernatural part of their relationship, there will be other reality issues they will need to face as a couple) ZYL finally said, "Yes, I dated both female AND male before but for him (SW) I am willing to go all the way." (This is the moment, I realized, as a human ZYL, not god KL, he is willing to do all that he can to be with the person he loved.)

The second is with his father. His father was asking him whether he can part with SW. He said, "Maybe one day, when your hormones are back to normal, you will regret your choice." "Love can be very strong, but it can also be very weak...especially when faced with oppression and pressure...slowly this will turn into a very strong force and emotion... but you have to remember "Mountain can never defeat you but the accumulation of sands will." "The difficulty of love can be overcome with strength and willingness regardless of costs but at the end, love will return to being plain...Have you thought about the day when all the attractive,  desire, and the element that make your heart beat dissolved and all that remain is all the memories of difficulty and pain. How do you face him then?" Then his father set an example of when ZYL is a child, he always want to eat ice cream but his mom didn't let him. He will rebel and throw tantrum. His father came up with a plan and let him eat as much as possible until he had a stomachache. After that, he never want to eat ice cream again.  ZYL replied, "SW and I didn't just met. We know each other for a long time. I understand what you are saying, Dad, but in this world, there is this person, not because he is so beautiful that you will give up everything and sacrifice everything for him but you realized that if you hurt him, you are the worst being."

These two conversations enlightened me that other than the thousand years history between our couple and all the supernatural forces that are obstacles to them, there is also the reality side in their relationships. OMG! I think I am loving this author more and more lol

Wow glad to know this!! 

2 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Even when reading the novel with the jagged translations (courtesy of Google Translate), one can understand how shamelessly ZYL was at pursuing SW. Actually, their interaction in the novel was over a longer time span because sometimes time went by without any interaction between them for weeks.

I also thought the part when SW revealed his double identity to ZYL (the hospital scene) was a bit funnier. He sounded really helpless in that scene...

Novel-dad also seem to have a better relationship with ZYL. He doesn't seem to interfere much with SID.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

Even when reading the novel with the jagged translations (courtesy of Google Translate), one can understand how shamelessly ZYL was at pursuing SW. Actually, their interaction in the novel was over a longer time span because sometimes time went by without any interaction between them for weeks.

I also thought the part when SW revealed his double identity to ZYL (the hospital scene) was a bit funnier. He sounded really helpless in that scene...

Novel-dad also seem to have a better relationship with ZYL. He doesn't seem to interfere much with SID.

too cute

May I ask in the novel when is Shen Wei reveal his double identity to Zhao?   

Is it the same with drama  ? (where Zhao pretended that he was hypnotized by Nine, and Shen transformed in front of his eyes)?   Did Shen in the novel also transformed to Black Robe in front of Zhao? 

2 hours ago, valerie86 said:

May I ask in the novel when is Shen Wei reveal his double identity to Zhao?   

Is it the same with drama  ? (where Zhao pretended that he was hypnotized by Nine, and Shen transformed in front of his eyes)?   Did Shen in the novel also transformed to Black Robe in front of Zhao? 

I think that will be in early Chapter 40++?

The drama scene did not happen (I think).

Zhu Yilong ah Zhu Yilong.... that Bazaar cover where he looks straight forward and Bai Yu looking side wise do really funny things to my heart.... I'm trying to look really serious in front of my PC at work, but the sides of my mouth is creepily creeping into a smile.....

• LOL 2

7 minutes ago, node said:
  Hide contents

nw0NYEk.gif

2jxAN3Y.gif

t8dGiaV.gif

SoFnCex.gif

Wow!! Actually I notice not that Bai Yu doesn't know that Long Ge looking at him it's just that he don't want to stare back. Yesterday there is a Video When Long Ge cover his Jacket on Bai Yu while he was sleeping on the sofa but Bai Yu call Zhu Hong and then Long Ge got angry he took back his jacket. 

• Like 2