[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

I don't know what the ending will be, but I feel unease.

Like, the fans "predicted" the time-travel thing and the pendant being the lollipop looks like it will be true too.

Also, watching those previews in wich SW offers his hand to his little brother and says something like "come with me" or "let's go together", I got so many vibes of using the Holy Artifacts to create a vortex and go to the past, thus remaking the entire time-line (or if we get technical, creating another paralel dimension/time line, bc they can't go to the past from a future it "doesn't exist", so...)

So yeah, sadly I think is pretty probable.

BUT, then it made me realize something. Do you guys remember the original KuLan?? The one who died and ZYL "borrowed" his identity from? If you watch carefully those brief seconds of the original KuLan, you can see he's not played by a random actor, but BaiYu himself. It's hard to see, but if you pause you can see it. So perhaps SW goes to the past with his brother and change the time line but hopefully arrives before KL is killed and, suprise! He has the same face as ZYL!! (and probably the same sense of humor and personality)

Although that leaves with the question of how they're gonna explain how both of them have the same face. Perhaps they could say ZYL is a descendent of KL...That would make some sense at least (is true that you probably resemble a lot of one of your ancestors)

But, while that would leave a somewhat happy (or with the posibility of future happiness) Sen Wei, it would leave a ZYL alone with no SW.

or OR...OMG

Perhaps they will go to the same route? Like, the same way ZYL resembles KL bc he's his descendent, after the time-line is modified, the "new" ZYL will not have any memories of SW (terribly sad, why I do this to myself?!) BUT he will met a descendent of SW too?? Like an actual professor Shen Wei??? Idk. It seems very overly complicated but the only posibilty I can think of if they can't go with the reencarnation route. That way both versions, past and present, are together with their other halves. BUT that would make necessary for the past selves to marry with other people or at least sleeping with someone else in order to have kids, wich please NO. (what is this heteronormative richard simmons)

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone! Seems I am late to the party. I discover the drama late (when the drama already around episode 33) and needs to play catch up before I can commenting here. I read the novels to, even though I stopped myself at chapter 30, waiting for the translation to go further first.

Perhaps I am minority in this, but I am actually quite glad that the drama choose to not go through pure BL (whatever the reason is). My reason is simple. It is because out of all BL drama/movies I have watched, all of them are quite bad. The stories might be fine since what I have watched is adaptation from novel/manga. But the acting is suck. Dunno why, perhaps the actors feel uncomfortable with the role or what. I cannot feel the emotional connection between the lead actors. They have sexual scenes, yes (hand touching, kissing, sex, etc) but those scenes just lack soul. I don't feel anything from them. I don't know whether it is just my luck and there are really good BL film out there.

On the other hand, I have positive experience when watching drama about bromance. Often the actors chemistry are very great to the point lots of fanfiction about "what if they are a couple" come out. So I think it is fine that Guardian choose to use bromance route but with the chemistry that blatantly screaming BL. Everyone can see that their friendship is too "intimate" to be normal. The two actors are very well suited for their role, I can practically imagine their faces when I am reading the novel.

But, even though taking out the BL factor doesn't hurt the drama, taking out the god/ghost factor does hurt. I just reach chapter 30 of novel and I already can see the drama weaken Shen Wei because they cannot say he is half god half ghost. They also weaken Zhao Yun Lan since they cannot say anything about god reincarnation here. I have to agree with AvenueX comment that the chemistry between lead actors is the saving grace of this drama. I am rather disinterested in other character story (often fast forwarding their scenes). I get there are people that like Chu and Guo couple, but I cannot feel anything from them.

This drama introduces me to Zhu Yi Long. I have to say this man is very gorgeous:wub:, even more when he acts as Ye Zhun. White suits him very well ..... He should have try antagonist role after this, and I am pretty sure I will support his character instead of the protagonist, hahahahahaha.

About the ending, I am fine with either sad or bittersweet ending, as long as it is a proper ending. Sometimes a sad ending is better to be able to deliver a powerful emotion.

005u6WWTly1fte6qgd0csj30u10u0ngi.jpg

005u6WWTly1fte6qepsfcj30pv0pvdw9.jpgit's true that Kun lun character also played by Bai Yu but why they trying to cover up this character ( I don't know why but while watching this scene I feel like this scene was running fast and they didn't even try to focus on him much).

779ae7bbgy1fti0k216wsj21hc0u0qpo.jpg

779ae7bbgy1fti0k2rgltj21hc0u0kby.jpg

(I don't know whether it's from last episode or Fan edit)

Weibo post of these pics

九幽听令

以血为誓,以冷铁为证,借尔三千阴兵,天地人神,皆可杀

送给即将完结的镇魂,还有我们的镇魂令主赵云澜

#剧版镇魂# 白宇 @白宇WHITE 

找个素材真的太困难了!!!!

Spoiler

Google translation 

Jiu reflexively defer to the blood for the oath, cold iron as evidence by Seoul three thousand Yinbing, Heaven, Earth, God, can be sent to kill the soul of the town coming to an end, and our soul to make the main town drama version of the # Zhao Yunlan Torment # @ white Bai Yu Yu materials wHITE find really too difficult! ! ! 

ea251124ly1fti2r90qfpj20k00k0wh9.jpg:joy:

13 minutes ago, xienrue said:

Hello everyone! Seems I am late to the party. I discover the drama late (when the drama already around episode 33) and needs to play catch up before I can commenting here. I read the novels to, even though I stopped myself at chapter 30, waiting for the translation to go further first.

Perhaps I am minority in this, but I am actually quite glad that the drama choose to not go through pure BL (whatever the reason is). My reason is simple. It is because out of all BL drama/movies I have watched, all of them are quite bad. The stories might be fine since what I have watched is adaptation from novel/manga. But the acting is suck. Dunno why, perhaps the actors feel uncomfortable with the role or what. I cannot feel the emotional connection between the lead actors. They have sexual scenes, yes (hand touching, kissing, sex, etc) but those scenes just lack soul. I don't feel anything from them. I don't know whether it is just my luck and there are really good BL film out there.

On the other hand, I have positive experience when watching drama about bromance. Often the actors chemistry are very great to the point lots of fanfiction about "what if they are a couple" come out. So I think it is fine that Guardian choose to use bromance route but with the chemistry that blatantly screaming BL. Everyone can see that their friendship is too "intimate" to be normal. The two actors are very well suited for their role, I can practically imagine their faces when I am reading the novel.

But, even though taking out the BL factor doesn't hurt the drama, taking out the god/ghost factor does hurt. I just reach chapter 30 of novel and I already can see the drama weaken Shen Wei because they cannot say he is half god half ghost. They also weaken Zhao Yun Lan since they cannot say anything about god reincarnation here. I have to agree with AvenueX comment that the chemistry between lead actors is the saving grace of this drama. I am rather disinterested in other character story (often fast forwarding their scenes). I get there are people that like Chu and Guo couple, but I cannot feel anything from them.

This drama introduces me to Zhu Yi Long. I have to say this man is very gorgeous:wub:, even more when he acts as Ye Zhun. White suits him very well ..... He should have try antagonist role after this, and I am pretty sure I will support his character instead of the protagonist, hahahahahaha.

About the ending, I am fine with either sad or bittersweet ending, as long as it is a proper ending. Sometimes a sad ending is better to be able to deliver a powerful emotion.

Finally someone get the point! I'm quite ok with no BL scene as long as the actors can convey the feeling well to the audience. First, this drama is based on a very interesting novel, I mean the plot itself is already wonderful. Sometimes focusing too much on the two characters only can be distracting. Second, it aimed at a much bigger market, not only the small BL one. That's why its budget was large (100 million yuan now, and even higher if the company weren't bankrupted) and they could cast top actors like Zhu Yilong and Bai Yu. Both of them graduated from top drama schools in China. Zhu Yilong from Beijing Film Academy and Bai Yu from Central Academy of Drama. They are both very professional actors with a lot of experiences. And Guardian was just lucky to have them in because they were excellent but not very famous at that time (which means affordable).

Zhu Yi Long already played an antagonist in a show: Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang. He plays some martial arts badass who slowly goes evil with jealousy. The main villain. At least a couple of subbed episodes are available on youtube. I haven't watched as it's not really my thing. He looks hot there though.

Usually when a show has a sad ending they do foreshadowing. E.g. Scarlet Heart had loads. This one so far has only Shen Wei's bit about some tragedies being destined from the beginning. But that was in conjunction with: does it hurt less when you know you're going to be betrayed. So I think it refers to the brothers relationship and not ZYL+SW. 

Then again they have massive destruction and lots of character death so far, and such stuff is sometimes taken care of with a timeline sweep. If they do one, I hope they let Shen Wei and Zhao Yun Lan meet again. Which, unless they are sadists, they will.

Since I don't understand the new episodes I didn't really get that bit where they skyped with the people 10 000 years ago. But I think Kun Lun is definitely ZYL, either creating his own legend through skyping with the old couple or by traveling further back in time. Also that miracle handcream that they used on him might come in handy to cure Shen Wei, otherwise why bring it up. 

This being officially Bromance and not BL (although it's totally BL and everyone, including all the side characters, knows it) makes them staying together more likely I think. It would be too much tragedy for a friendship. I mean, what story has two best buddies, who at the end of the story are made to never have known each other. If friendships are broken up it's only because there's a woman they both love. Or they're criminals and one dies to pay for the sins, stuff like that. Not two good buddies who do good deeds. Don't break my heart, show.

40 minutes ago, xienrue said:

Yes, I agree with you. If we have to take out all the BL moment to get better casting, I am 100% fine with that because their acting makes it all worth it and we can feel and use our imagination of what is not showing on our screen. But the removal of the god/ghost part of the story does hurt the drama. It is like they try to keep certain aspects of it, the underground world, their pasts, their identity etc but since they can't mention god/ghost, they make up something for it... but what they make up is not really that good...the time traveling piece were poorly executed and rather disappointing... I completely understand why a few days ago all the fans were dissing the scriptwriters because they demolished KunLun...I mean come on...he is an ancient god that sacrificed himself to save the world and he was a huge influence on SW to turn him into what he is today...but they sort of completely disregarded that... I have to give a shout out to Bai Yu for listening to his fans request and posting a clip for saying that curse/spell to summon a bunch of dead soldiers to help him defeat an evil spirit. I am guessing it is prohibited in the drama so he gifted his fans with this small piece of the novel to satisfy the novel fans. :) 

this has been my new obsession. i mean everyday i going to new vid or waiting for the new subbed episode.

And even though I don't understand chinese i have watched all the raw episodes. 

been reading the novel too. luckily  I have summer vacation. 

can someone explain me why chinese has banned ghosts and reincarnation. Has it do with some kind of religion? I mean really don't understand. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

@cherylroseNot only season 2 but I also want to hear I like you atleast once :joy::wub::bawling: I want season 2 but I just can't bear Sad ending And open ending especially for this drama 

@RPM

I like you is not allowed by the censorship board. So it is not possible lol  lol. 

@cherylrose

The fans prediction for lollipop in pendant turn out to be true. So time reset is  also possible .  

But  i could see Shen is way too badly injured dunno how can he survive .  My prediction : Shen will die n Zhao will visit shen grave reminiscing about them.  

And then somehow Zhao find Shen in the space (blackhole).  Or maybe Zhao  dreaming about the black hole? 

Thinking about the final episode make me cannot focus on my life.  Very veryworried . Maybe next time I shouldn't invest heart and soul onto a drama  again Lol Lol Lol. Just in case of bad ending.

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

Yeah THANK GOD  no hugging / kissing / more intimate scenes. I feel a bit uncomfortable watching those scenes if 2 male actors have to play it. 

and yep It is love between Shen and Zhao  even other characters could tell they have something going on . Thanks to the superb acting by two teachers (Long Ge and Bai). 

Long Ge I have seen him his previous works but no lasting impression . Guardian make me realize how gorgeous and strong at acting he is. I am  mesmerized :)

3 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Please have a look at minute 0.05 onwards 

How did they manage to get image of Shen Wei grave? Photoshop? 

OMG  this cannot be real ?

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO! :heartbreak: my heart T_T. I hope that's photoshopped. I don't understand why they can't give us a happy ending. I haven't read the novel but I skimmed the 3rd epilogue priest released and it's a happy one. *sobs* 

In case of MV Editing chances are high.

Suddenly I remember Comment of @tanyavvvvvv on Insta --

The possibility of Bad Ending is rising. I started to worry that those Million followers ,fans on Weibo will well explain what's the meaning of "Hundred Thousand souls screaming and crying at once".

46 minutes ago, RPM said:

In case of MV Editing chances are high.

Suddenly I remember Comment of @tanyavvvvvv on Insta --

The possibility of Bad Ending is rising. I started to worry that those Million followers ,fans on Weibo will well explain what's the meaning of "Hundred Thousand souls screaming and crying at once".

Yeah . Just like Shen told Zhao  "Some tragedies are meant to happen" so their ending is tragic.

millions of fans  will be devastated and screaming. 

I also think it has biggest chance of bad ending :( 

Maybe I will not watch episode 40  (UNLESS i read in this forum in case they have happy end)

6 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Zhu Yi Long already played an antagonist in a show: Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang. He plays some martial arts badass who slowly goes evil with jealousy. The main villain. At least a couple of subbed episodes are available on youtube. I haven't watched as it's not really my thing. He looks hot there though. 

Will check it later. Thank you for the info!:)

5 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Yeah THANK GOD  no hugging / kissing / more intimate scenes. I feel a bit uncomfortable watching those scenes if 2 male actors have to play it.  

Hahahahahaha! Yeah, I don't know why but when I see that kind of interaction inside the manga it is fine, but when they transfer it to a drama, it becomes so bad.

In this kind of story, I think it is better to let Shen Wei died first and then meeting again through some time miracle or other things. To let him just survive after he suffers that kind of injuries will make the ending rather bland in my opinion. With Shen Wei died, we can see a devastating Zhao Yun Lan and how he would do anything to make Shen Wei comes back. But since this is the last episode, I just hope they have enough time to make a good ending (not rushed).

7 hours ago, apollian said:

Finally someone get the point! I'm quite ok with no BL scene as long as the actors can convey the feeling well to the audience. First, this drama is based on a very interesting novel, I mean the plot itself is already wonderful. Sometimes focusing too much on the two characters only can be distracting. Second, it aimed at a much bigger market, not only the small BL one. That's why its budget was large (100 million yuan now, and even higher if the company weren't bankrupted) and they could cast top actors like Zhu Yilong and Bai Yu. Both of them graduated from top drama schools in China. Zhu Yilong from Beijing Film Academy and Bai Yu from Central Academy of Drama. They are both very professional actors with a lot of experiences. And Guardian was just lucky to have them in because they were excellent but not very famous at that time (which means affordable).

Well I like when you say:"Both of them graduated from top drama schools in China. Zhu Yilong from Beijing Film Academy and Bai Yu from Central Academy of Drama. They are both very professional actors with a lot of experiences. And Guardian was just lucky to have them in because they were excellent but not very famous at that time (which means affordable).  [I would say it's maybe destiny, you see it's meant they will meet and act together, anyone notice one of the interview Bai Yu mentioned after after Zhu Yi Long know Bai Yu, Zhu Yi Long is not so Cold!] 

@RPM

I like you is not allowed by the censorship board. So it is not possible lol  lol. 

@cherylrose

The fans prediction for lollipop in pendant turn out to be true. So time reset is  also possible .  

But  i could see Shen is way too badly injured dunno how can he survive .  My prediction : Shen will die n Zhao will visit shen grave reminiscing about them.  

And then somehow Zhao find Shen in the space (blackhole).  Or maybe Zhao  dreaming about the black hole? 

Thinking about the final episode make me cannot focus on my life.  Very veryworried . Maybe next time I shouldn't invest heart and soul onto a drama  again Lol Lol Lol. Just in case of bad ending.

Valerie86 you mean lollipop pendant (actually I still don't understand the lollipop pendant thing??) can you explain.

Valerie86 do you remember I posted a video here Shen Wei kiss ZYL cheek, maybe it's true ZYL dream of Both of them in black hole space. Then again how to explain Zhu Yi Long posted the Shen Wei in hospital??? (maybe a dream is Shen Wei died but reality Shen Wei is alive?? (

and yep It is love between Shen and Zhao  even other characters could tell they have something going on . Thanks to the superb acting by two teachers (Long Ge and Bai). 

Long Ge I have seen him his previous works but no lasting impression . Guardian make me realize how gorgeous and strong at acting he is. I am  mesmerized :)

Remember that one of the Episode the Scientists man in the department says to ZYL you hope everyone here is hypnosis then you and Shen Wei can be together. 

I could not help but literally thinking about MANGO when I see Zhao.  Help me!  At first I didnt realise the mango thingy LOL until many people point it out :(:(

Hahaha.. Now I know what's the Mango Keychains.

Archived