[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, BreezeC said:

lol...my bad...you are right...it is million instead of billion... I always struggle with the word 万 in chinese. I laughed out loud when you mention the whole population are their followers LOL

I am glad to know many people over the globe watching "Guardian" and it's just being make known to everyone anyway the drama is great as we watch we get to see Zhu Yilong his eyes... even although the ending is bad but I don't regret. I just start reading the novel chapter 2 now. I saw someone (Person: Xienrue) asking me about a question here I will hold to that wait when I reach the part there I promise I will answer you. [Just hold on!!) The Epilogue 4 I haven't have time to read I will KIV as I hope to read from the start before the end comes.... (If any of you want to know the 314 chapters what happens please post here I will write down your questions on paper and I will reply when I read. If I read finish I can reply if not you have to wait) Hope you all can wait!!! 

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

My favorite guardian meme. 

Haha.   Nice one!!

I seriously never notice it before (having watched MEmory Lost and other Bai Dramas).

until 1 day,  Long Ge on happy camp said  to Bai Yu   "you remind me of a fruit". and in the Bazaar interview  Long Ge said "you mango".haha . i cannot get it out of my head :)

I AM missing Shen and Zhao!! I rewatch the drama multiple times now :(

seriously feel so hollow now

is anybody going to watch granting you a floating dream drama by Long Ge and An Yi Xue?  airing 17 aug   

:D:D 

I don't think I will follow it every week, as it takes around 7 weeks to 8 weeks to complete airing.   most likely I will binge watch it  in November  instead :) 

@moon-flower

thanks for recommending :D:D

Yeah I watched but fast forward his part only. lol lol 

Long Ge  acting is so outgoing  and happy and cheerful here (his name is also He Happy), super super  refreshing  to watch.  I find the Long Ge lost memory plot is so overused and absurd , and  also ending episode 36 really stab my heart ,  but anyway  it is okay just watch to see Long Ge face and acting  :D:D  

5 hours ago, valerie86 said:

@moon-flower

thanks for recommending :D:D

Yeah I watched but fast forward his part only. lol lol 

Long Ge  acting is so outgoing  and happy and cheerful here (his name is also He Happy), super super  refreshing  to watch.  I find the Long Ge lost memory plot is so overused and absurd , and  also ending episode 36 really stab my heart ,  but anyway  it is okay just watch to see Long Ge face and acting  :D:D  

Valerie86 and BreezeC I am down with Flu and Cough thus I will be away from now, too stress after Episode 40 my whole physical breakdown.....if you don't see me here means I not yet recover. I am on Chapter 4 Novel but I think I have to read real slow because my nose the fluid dripping.... (Miss me please hahaha.....) I Missed Long Ge and Bai Yu..... 

Episode 35 is out with subs now. I find episode 34-35 the cutest. But basically, when Shen Wei says I looked for you for 10 000 years, means I thought about you from time to time for a couple of yearswhile I went to university and became a professor. (Possibly the whole professor and going to uni thing is a cover, but he does seem older than in the past, so I think he's been back some 10 years or so). Maybe that's why his pendant looks so fake-antique :p

Btw, Yun Lan went into the wormhole with a denim jacket and came back with a green jacket, and in between was in a wig and furs. I wonder what's the rule for clothing for the wormhole. 

And they didn't really answer how Shen Wei's powers awakened. 

Stuff like that is usually bought by stylists. Just random accessories, it happens all the time also in kpop that artists have overlapping accessories. 

But yeah, who knows, maybe they just have extremely bad taste in couple necklaces :P

7 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Episode 35 is out with subs now. I find episode 34-35 the cutest. But basically, when Shen Wei says I looked for you for 10 000 years, means I thought about you from time to time for a couple of yearswhile I went to university and became a professor. (Possibly the whole professor and going to uni thing is a cover, but he does seem older than in the past, so I think he's been back some 10 years or so). Maybe that's why his pendant looks so fake-antique :p

Btw, Yun Lan went into the wormhole with a denim jacket and came back with a green jacket, and in between was in a wig and furs. I wonder what's the rule for clothing for the wormhole. 

And they didn't really answer how Shen Wei's powers awakened. 

Shen Wei went to be in the Uni is a cover that's why he was afraid of being exposed and his real identity of Black Cloak and he also afraid if being known how is Zhao going to feel/accept or remember him thus this becomes true as Zhao found out who he really is and they went through all the things before they died in the drama. If you see Zhao after he realize Shen Wei died he think back the days they were together and he was extremely in pain and decided to sacrifice himself as a burning lamp in the fire. It is so painful to watch until I fall sick down with Flu and Cough..... 

12 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

Shen Wei went to be in the Uni is a cover that's why he was afraid of being exposed and his real identity of Black Cloak and he also afraid if being known how is Zhao going to feel/accept or remember him thus this becomes true as Zhao found out who he really is and they went through all the things before they died in the drama. If you see Zhao after he realize Shen Wei died he think back the days they were together and he was extremely in pain and decided to sacrifice himself as a burning lamp in the fire. It is so painful to watch until I fall sick down with Flu and Cough..... 

It's a cover, but I think the initial cover was as a university student because he mentioned his university mates in some episodes and because the letter from the hell-judge guy said that many years ago there used to be a high ranking official who used the name Shen Wei. Plus he seems older and more worn out than he was straight after waking up. And even if he is great at learning, he knows a lot about science (at least the science within the show, which is all nonsense but whatever), which means he had time to learn. But him only being back for a decade or so explains why he is so rubbish with electronics. 

Why is there no Shen Wei / Zhao Yun Lan met as university students AU, but one didn't recognize because he hadn't met before and the other didn't recognize because Yun Lan is so much younger. I can already see how annoyed Shen Wei could be.

Here is a summary that AvenueX posted on her website of the new epilogue (4th epilogue): http://avenuex.ca/blog/2018/7/30/the-gist-of-the-new-guardian-epilogue-by-its-book-author

one thing AvenueX didn't mention is that the epilogue started with a super cute scene of Shen Wei having a phone and Yun Lun had to set the passcode since Shen Wei is hopeless. Shen Wei's default passcode is their house number. LOL. 

1 hour ago, valerie86 said:

@cherylrose I hope you get well soon dearie :D  so u can read the novels and give us summary here hehe

Valerie86 thank you. Anyone here have Epilogue 1,2 & 3??? I read something about after the drama and Zhao and Shen Wei didn't die, Shen Wei was hospitalize for 1 week and Zhao accompanied him but after Shen Wei recover Zhao left Shen Wei. Then Zhao went to work again, Shen Wei go to Special Investigation Division and see him but ZYL says he pretend not knowing Shen Wei and say if you have a problem go to your own neighborhood police we don't do report for you. And chase Shen Wei away because Shen Wei betray Zhao. (Note that this I read it somewhere but is this the Epilogue 1 & 2 if so may I know where is Epilogue 3???) {If the above is not Epilogue 1 & 2 please anyone knows where is Epilogues 1,2,3 & 4????

16 minutes ago, moon-flower said:

Here is a summary that AvenueX posted on her website of the new epilogue (4th epilogue): http://avenuex.ca/blog/2018/7/30/the-gist-of-the-new-guardian-epilogue-by-its-book-author

one thing AvenueX didn't mention is that the epilogue started with a super cute scene of Shen Wei having a phone and Yun Lun had to set the passcode since Shen Wei is hopeless. Shen Wei's default passcode is their house number. LOL. 

Wow... I read this from the website you gave:"The writer also suggested that the drama is “garbage” because the micro-universes are “failed useless experimental left-overs”. Every micro-universe restarts at 20:35pm, which is the ending time when you watch 3 episodes on the renewing dates of the drama. The story starts on the Day of Duan Wu Festival, which is the date when the drama first aired." (So this explains the drama time-line" thank you moon-flower this is interesting. (I will continue to read Chapter 4 onwards for Novel Valerie86 wait for my good news of explaining... Sneeze...... Okay I will rest now..... Coughs.......

@cherylrose Epilogue 4 is posted on Priest's weibo: https://www.weibo.com/u/1796258175?from=myfollow_all

Epilogue 1, 2, and 3 can be found if you search for 镇魂小说 via baidu.com. It's the first link. I'm not sure if I can post the link here since the official link is through another website where you have to pay per chapter. =X

Epilogue 1 is the one where Shen Wei was hospitalized, woke up, went to Yun Lan to beg for forgiveness because he tried and erased Yun Lan's memory. I didn't really read Epilogue 2, not too many of our OTP moments so I skipped it. Epilogue 3 is definitely the one you should read. Super cute. They got a new office close by Shen Wei's University, much bigger, has a veggie garden, Shen Wei picks up Yun Lan after work :heart:. Shen Wei and Yun Lan shares some cute banter. It's honestly way too cute. Super happy ending. Literally no complaints. I posted a summary a few pages (?) back. I would translate this but my Chinese to English is not the greatest. lol. 

I actually was expecting Epilogue 4 to be like Epilogue 3 with a bit more banter and sweetness, and honestly maybe I am being greedy, was hoping for a bit more sweet scenes. But oh well. It is still a happy ending. My all time favorite is still Epilogue 3. 

@valerie86 Yeah, the Royal Sister Returns' ending is not the greatest. (like all Chinese drama endings!) The drama went south towards the end and a bit melodramatic, but thought overall was kind of a fun watch. The beginning especially was hilarious. Hoping Long Ge's new drama will be good. I am thinking of maybe watching Bai Yu's memory lost...tho the plot is kind of ehhh. Bai Yu is going to be in Fated General but I don't know if he's second lead? Zhang Rou Yun is leading in that one unless they'll be co-lead. Bai Yu also has Zhao Ge coming out but he's listed as supporting with Zhang Zhe Han "leading" apparently -*MAJOR eye roll*-. 

@cherylrose

Here here  the epilogue in English are completed by Instagram user  tanyavvvvvvv from Instagram.  she is brilliant!!! 

below are the link  -we need to copy and paste them to our browser:

Epilogue 1

https://goo.gl/GXFxXa

Epilogue 2 

https://goo.gl/AWsyFD

Tanyavvvvvvv is still working on Epilogue 3 and 4 .  maybe this weekend is episode 3. and next weekend 4

'

18 minutes ago, moon-flower said:

@cherylrose Epilogue 4 is posted on Priest's weibo: https://www.weibo.com/u/1796258175?from=myfollow_all

Epilogue 1, 2, and 3 can be found if you search for 镇魂小说 via baidu.com. It's the first link. I'm not sure if I can post the link here since the official link is through another website where you have to pay per chapter. =X

Epilogue 1 is the one where Shen Wei was hospitalized, woke up, went to Yun Lan to beg for forgiveness because he tried and erased Yun Lan's memory. I didn't really read Epilogue 2, not too many of our OTP moments so I skipped it. Epilogue 3 is definitely the one you should read. Super cute. They got a new office close by Shen Wei's University, much bigger, has a veggie garden, Shen Wei picks up Yun Lan after work :heart:. Shen Wei and Yun Lan shares some cute banter. It's honestly way too cute. Super happy ending. Literally no complaints. I posted a summary a few pages (?) back. I would translate this but my Chinese to English is not the greatest. lol. 

I actually was expecting Epilogue 4 to be like Epilogue 3 with a bit more banter and sweetness, and honestly maybe I am being greedy, was hoping for a bit more sweet scenes. But oh well. It is still a happy ending. My all time favorite is still Epilogue 3. 

thanks for your help and explanations @moon-flower

I cannot understand Chinese novels  the words are just too difficult to comperehend , translations in english really save my life. :D

The epilogues are sooo sweet ..omg. :D

Archived