[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

Both BY/ZYL seem to come from well to do families. BY mentioned he had elder sisters. Having siblings surely is a sign of prosperty since they must pay penalty due to china's one child policy. ZYL meanwhile mentioned his mom several times for being the one with vision about his potential in the entertainment sector. 

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Both BY/ZYL seem to come from well to do families. BY mentioned he had elder sisters. Having siblings surely is a sign of prosperty since they must pay penalty due to china's one child policy. ZYL meanwhile mentioned his mom several times for being the one with vision about his potential in the entertainment sector. 

@dzareth 

Yeah . Bai has 2 elder sisters.  You were right I forgot about the penalty haha :)  Wow wwww Long Ge mention about his mom that saw his potential. Thanks for your info :) that's super awesome. now Long Ge is a bright shining diamond in the entertainment, so proud of him.

Hope he gets more and more good acting projects . I am looking forward to his works .

haha this is a must watch. Bai Yu lip sync to India song.  So So so funny.  what a humorous personality he has :)

@dzareth there were many exceptions to the one child policy, but since he is Han and comes from an urban area I think at most they could've gotten 2 kids for free and still had to pay a fine for him. 

ZYL mentioned his mom thought he was good looking so encouraged him to apply for acting school. But the impression I get from him is middle class, not especially wealthy. He also said his mum used to stand next to him with a stick to force him to practice piano while he cried. Sometimes it feels like stories of other people's parents are only there to make me appreciate my own more :P.

6 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@dzareth there were many exceptions to the one child policy, but since he is Han and comes from an urban area I think at most they could've gotten 2 kids for free and still had to pay a fine for him. 

ZYL mentioned his mom thought he was good looking so encouraged him to apply for acting school. But the impression I get from him is middle class, not especially wealthy. He also said his mum used to stand next to him with a stick to force him to practice piano while he cried. Sometimes it feels like stories of other people's parents are only there to make me appreciate my own more :P.

Lol, I’m not surprised if his mom did hold a stick to make him learn piano! So many asians think piano shows class, and forcing their children to do it!

and yes, you don’t tend to realise how good your parents to you until you see other parents and how they treat their children :)

Episode 40 is out with subs. I misunderstood, Guo is not the chief, just a senior officer. So I guess they're not doomed after all. 

Oh, and Zhao Yun Lan is apparently in eternal suffering, yay, what a happy ending. Or maybe it was 1 year of suffering and then he got to meet up with Shen Wei. Who then leaves. Yay.

I wonder if the censoring now is because of YeZun's speech about wanting to completely rebuild society from scratch and that history is written by the winners. I originally thought they're just arbitrarily showing force because of the BL subtext, because it got popular, but actually you can see parallels between what he said and communist/cultural revolution. And he's the baddie. And he says history is written by the winners, so what he does will be seen as good if he's successful. If that letter that's been circulating is the only explanation they got from the censor office, then they will have trouble editing, because they have to guess which part they have to change. Thereby censoring more just to be sure. 

3 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Episode 40 is out with subs. I misunderstood, Guo is not the chief, just a senior officer. So I guess they're not doomed after all. 

Oh, and Zhao Yun Lan is apparently in eternal suffering, yay, what a happy ending. Or maybe it was 1 year of suffering and then he got to meet up with Shen Wei. Who then leaves. Yay.

I wonder if the censoring now is because of YeZun's speech about wanting to completely rebuild society from scratch and that history is written by the winners. I originally thought they're just arbitrarily showing force because of the BL subtext, because it got popular, but actually you can see parallels between what he said and communist/cultural revolution. And he's the baddie. And he says history is written by the winners, so what he does will be seen as good if he's successful. If that letter that's been circulating is the only explanation they got from the censor office, then they will have trouble editing, because they have to guess which part they have to change. Thereby censoring more just to be sure. 

I'm at ep35... 

Are you saying ZYL is in eternal suffering. Why? 

27 minutes ago, sheelatpsfm said:

I'm at ep35... 

Are you saying ZYL is in eternal suffering. Why? 

The guy possessing his dad said he is basically resurrecting and dying over and over when he is the lamp wick, more painful than burning. But I'm not sure if it's for forever or for a shorter time. When he meets up with Shen Wei at the end of the show it's one year later and Shen Wei says: you're finally here. So I think it can't be eternal. 

Finally watched until ep40 (subbed)..... 

I feel sad as they had to sacrifice themselves for the humankind. It looks like SW knew that he was going to die earlier itself, like he planned it. 

ZYL looks like he was thinking of becoming the lamp wick when he asked the man who was possessing his dad as he told him to take over his body if anything happen to him. 

Marathon subbed episode 35-40 today. The bad plot is really glaring, decrease my enjoyment watching. Bad acting from extras (acted as haixing, yashou, and dixing people) hurt my brain, too ...... I literally skipped lots of scene, mainly only watched Shen Wei, Zhao Yun Lan, and Ye Zun scenes. I hope they have scenes of Shen Wei "prepare" his death. Perhaps more care to Zhao Yun Lan or something. Everything just goes very fast in the end. In episode 33, we finally has Zhao Yun Lan saves Shen Wei as a change but instead of elaborating more, the drama just abruptly stage to Ye Zun rebellion. When does he get out from the pillar anyway?? Am I missing something in my scene skipping?

@siobhanne Thank you for the drama suggestion. Will check that after I am done with As Flowers Fade and Fly Across the Sky. Really love Zhu Yi Long character there. His romance also is more interesting than the main couple (very boring in my opinion).

Valerie86 currently I am at Chapter 34 of the novel surprisingly the novel has slot of action on the supernatural and Zhao wooing Shen. Zhao uses many tricks to courtship Shen I laugh and then my the main handphone unable to login here the page is blank and Soompi put this page no longer exist I was shock. This page now I sending is my second handphone. The storyline in the novel must read Guo is also very funny in the novel. I will have to continue reading before I can answer the question ask at page 32 Soompi. 

26 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

Valerie86 currently I am at Chapter 34 of the novel surprisingly the novel has slot of action on the supernatural and Zhao wooing Shen. Zhao uses many tricks to courtship Shen I laugh and then my the main handphone unable to login here the page is blank and Soompi put this page no longer exist I was shock. This page now I sending is my second handphone. The storyline in the novel must read Guo is also very funny in the novel. I will have to continue reading before I can answer the question ask at page 32 Soompi. 

Yeah..

in the novel  Zhao is chasing Shen shamelessly,   in drama  it is tonned down a little bit.

now the English translations up to chapter 42. The next chapter will be out around 12 to 13 August; cannot wait! :D 

2 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Yeah..

in the novel  Zhao is chasing Shen shamelessly,   in drama  it is tonned down a little bit.

now the English translations up to chapter 42. The next chapter will be out around 12 to 13 August; cannot wait! :D 

In the novel, as I remember, shen will accept zhao in a couple of chapters.  ^_^

Someone who’s read the novel, please tell me is Shen portrayed more the wifey or is it the other way round? Haha. From watching the drama, Shen has more of the sub role hahahaha even though he’s more powerful. :D:D

and should i start start reading the novel, or is it kind of a repeatition of the drama? 

1 hour ago, Evil Blea said:

Someone who’s read the novel, please tell me is Shen portrayed more the wifey or is it the other way round? Haha. From watching the drama, Shen has more of the sub role hahahaha even though he’s more powerful. :D:D

and should i start start reading the novel, or is it kind of a repeatition of the drama? 

Yeap, Zhao agrees with you that Shen should be the wifey.

However, unfortunately, Zhao fails to win his position in bed.

What a sad story!  :joy:

I highly recommend reading this novel. It is very different from the drama and much better.

14 hours ago, Evil Blea said:

I will tell you now I read the novel chapter 45 which the English stops translation. I will go back to the Chinese which has 314 Chapters. Now I tally the chapter its at Chapter 117, this is where Zhao found out it is Ghost Slayer is Shen Wei. And before that they both had kisses and it was during Shen was drunk and then this story in Chapter 45 leaves a hang-ten cause it was so exciting after Zhao knows that and he turn his wooing Shen into something serious and Honoring the Ghost Slayer which he dare not do those tricks again to Shen Wei. This makes me laugh because all those things they did together in chapter 45 English novel Shen Wei ask Zhao did he do anything inappropriate?? That's hang there no more English translation, leaves me no choice but to continue searching in Chinese 314 Chapters where to tally to get the Chapter 45 there I am I found it is in Chapter 117. Let me read first then I shall get back to you.. (Shen is the Top and Zhao Bottom as you read chapter 44, 45 you will see Shen force Zhao on the bed faced down.... and this is done while Shen Wei is drunk still have alot of energy think about it if Shen Wei is not drunk how much energy will he have??? To get Top is easy for Shen.... 

This is to "Xienrue: since you read the novel already, do you mind if I ask a question?

What is Zhao Yun Lan reaction after he knows that the man he chases around is Ghost slayer which in essence is not human? Does he contemplate his intention to Shen Wei or just go on without any care about that?" (I tell you in Chapter 44 ,45, 46 after Zhao knows about Shen he shock and dare not do anymore tricks on Shen Wei. Zhao Honour Ghost Slayer as he adores Ghost Slayer thus dare not do anymore tricks on Shen Wei) I will continue reading the novel if anyone wants to ask questions post here. I will keep the questions on memo when I get to read the part where you all ask then I will reply here. Thank you for your patience everyone!!! 

6 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

I will tell you now I read the novel chapter 45 which the English stops translation. I will go back to the Chinese which has 314 Chapters. Now I tally the chapter its at Chapter 117, this is where Zhao found out it is Ghost Slayer is Shen Wei. And before that they both had kisses and it was during Shen was drunk and then this story in Chapter 45 leaves a hang-ten cause it was so exciting after Zhao knows that and he turn his wooing Shen into something serious and Honoring the Ghost Slayer which he dare not do those tricks again to Shen Wei. This makes me laugh because all those things they did together in chapter 45 English novel Shen Wei ask Zhao did he do anything inappropriate?? That's hang there no more English translation, leaves me no choice but to continue searching in Chinese 314 Chapters where to tally to get the Chapter 45 there I am I found it is in Chapter 117. Let me read first then I shall get back to you.. (Shen is the Top and Zhao Bottom as you read chapter 44, 45 you will see Shen force Zhao on the bed faced down.... and this is done while Shen Wei is drunk still have alot of energy think about it if Shen Wei is not drunk how much energy will he have??? To get Top is easy for Shen.... 

@cherylrose

haha yeah Shen is the Ghost Slayer so he  way overpowered Zhao  and he got to be on top lol. it is quite hilarious that he is a wifey (he cooks, cleans the house, and does the house chores) LOL

OH Cheryl ,  check inbox too your dm have been replied :):)

thanksss

4 hours ago, valerie86 said:

@cherylrose

haha yeah Shen is the Ghost Slayer so he  way overpowered Zhao  and he got to be on top lol. it is quite hilarious that he is a wifey (he cooks, cleans the house, and does the house chores) LOL

OH Cheryl ,  check inbox too your dm have been replied :):)

thanksss

Valerie86 I replied to your DM. :D

Oh yeah shocking to know that Shen Wei overpowered Zhao but that is truly The Ghost Slayer powerful!!!! (I wonder which chapter Zhao will submit and which chapter Shen will accept Zhao. 

Archived