[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cherylrose said:

Oh i see. Do you know how many chapters in total?? (Including the 4 Epilogues)  

106 chapters + 3 epilogues.

The 4th epiloguehas not yet been posted yet. Very look forward to it. Priest promised a sweet epilogue. 

It has only been less that a week but this thread is dead. Dead like SW/ ZYL in that bloody space wormwhole....:tears::tears::tears:

Anyway, since I'm still waiting for subs, can anyone enlightened me on when/ how ZYL died? Didn't he survived and hailed with flowers (why was he getting flowers anyway?)?

My next c-drama venture will probably be the one starring wu lei because the trailer seems fascinating, but that one is also being slowly subbed (if there were any subs at all). The show also stars Zhang Meng (ice fantasy) and i would be really interested in a Zhu Yilong/Zhang Meng collaboration. 

35 minutes ago, dzareth said:

It has only been less that a week but this thread is dead. Dead like SW/ ZYL in that bloody space wormwhole....:tears::tears::tears:

Anyway, since I'm still waiting for subs, can anyone enlightened me on when/ how ZYL died? Didn't he survived and hailed with flowers (why was he getting flowers anyway?)?

My next c-drama venture will probably be the one starring wu lei because the trailer seems fascinating, but that one is also being slowly subbed (if there were any subs at all). The show also stars Zhang Meng (ice fantasy) and i would be really interested in a Zhu Yilong/Zhang Meng collaboration. 

@dzareth

yeah this thread is pretty quiet, LOL.   and episode is slowly subbed until 31.

My chinese is also very limited, but my understanding is the real Zhao Yun Lan died because he use his body n sacrificed soul as burner for Guardian Lamp. 

The Zhao Yun Lan who receive flower is  a fake one, (the  yellow-eyed fox who used to possessed Zhao father body , now is inside Zhao body) maybe just to keep the city at peace etc. :) 

After Zhao is dead, the Underground start to see the light for the first time , and  now Underground  people can go to the Hai Xing and together live  with Normal human .

he gets the flower because they see him as a hero maybe .'

Hope Wu Lei drama will be alright :)

4 hours ago, dzareth said:

lol I have been busy watching all of Zhu Yi Long's drama but in cut version. SW/ZYL will forever been in our heart but I am pulling myself away from the sadness they left behind in the drama...

@valerie86 is correct. That is no longer the real ZYL :( 

I like Zhang Meng...such an underrated actress. Do you know they collaborated before in "Love for Three Lifetimes" but its one of those frustrating plot where she loves him and he loves the female lead and the female lead love the other male lead type of scenarios and audiences are pulling their hair out because  if only one of them turn around and choose a different path, the ending wouldn't be so bad lol I haven't have the strength to watch this yet...

On a side note, Bai Yu's movie is out 缉妖法海传. I know it is on iqiy but not a VIP member so can't watch it...maybe at a later time when it is release to the public. Feel free to check out a Bai Yu without facial hair (and hair lol).

@dzareth I am catching up to other Zhu Yi Long drama but I still often venture to here to see whether there is an update or news regarding Guardian:D. I am getting annoyed with the sad ending, but well .... my fangirl in me is winning.

I am fascinated with the Guardian novel. Love how shameless Zhou Yun Lan in chasing Shen Wei. And Shen Wei just play hard to get while what he really wanted in his life is Zhao Yun Lan. I really wish that I can read chinesse because I believe that way I can fully enjoy the book. Unfortunately ...... How I wish the drama retained the mytology part of the novel. The "bromance" oozed BL anyway, so that part is covered.

@valerie86 Thank you for clearing my confusion about how Zhao Yun Lan still "alive" to receive the flowers.

6 hours ago, valerie86 said:

@dzareth

My chinese is also very limited, but my understanding is the real Zhao Yun Lan died because he use his body n sacrificed soul as burner for Guardian Lamp. 

The Zhao Yun Lan who receive flower is  a fake one, (the  yellow-eyed fox who used to possessed Zhao father body , now is inside Zhao body) maybe just to keep the city at peace etc. :) 

After Zhao is dead, the Underground start to see the light for the first time , and  now Underground  people can go to the Hai Xing and together live  with Normal human .

Valerie86 oh the:"Zhao Yun Lan who receive flower is  a fake one, (the  yellow-eyed fox who used to possessed Zhao father body , now is inside Zhao body)" (I am shock to hear this!!) [As I wonder how come here he takes flower there he is dead and meet Shen Wei!! (I am so glad you explain this!!) 

1 hour ago, xienrue said:

@dzareth I am catching up to other Zhu Yi Long drama but I still often venture to here to see whether there is an update or news regarding Guardian:D. I am getting annoyed with the sad ending, but well .... my fangirl in me is winning.

I am fascinated with the Guardian novel. Love how shameless Zhou Yun Lan in chasing Shen Wei. And Shen Wei just play hard to get while what he really wanted in his life is Zhao Yun Lan. I really wish that I can read chinesse because I believe that way I can fully enjoy the book. Unfortunately ...... How I wish the drama retained the mytology part of the novel. The "bromance" oozed BL anyway, so that part is covered.

@valerie86 Thank you for clearing my confusion about how Zhao Yun Lan still "alive" to receive the flowers.

Xienrue the Chinese version actually if I have the time I wish to translate but anyone knows how I can make it my own copyright English version??? I just wanna help if I can but need all to assist me How I can get English Version Copyright if I translate it?? (I meant 300+ chapters might take me awhile to translate all but just for further info my Chinese is also limited as I am a mixed blood) {Hopefully you all don't mind if the English version if I translate but I will need to know how I can get the Copyright if I translate???} 

@cherylrose that's very kind of you. Someone on Wattpad is already translating it, and they're doing a good job. They're about 1/3 through, so I think right now they don't seem to need help. If you want to translate stuff, there are a bunch of Zhu Yi Long interviews on YouTube without English subtitles. And a bunch of thirsty non-chinese speaking fans ;)

Fan translations don't have a copyright. Sometimes they get permission from the author. On YouTube you can apply to whoever uploaded the video. 

On 7/27/2018 at 5:59 PM, sheelatpsfm said:

Looks like it was uploaded on 23 July 2018... 

Can anyone translate this video???

I was thinking of translating it fully but my patience ran out halfway. I wish there's a way for viewers to add subtitles to the video without re-posting. To give you a rough translation: basically they were asked to guess the text on 6 memes starring them. During the process it was obvious that Bai Yu was more familiar with their memes. Zhu Yilong was definitely not as knowledgeable in this aspect, so he sometimes tried to peak at Bai's answers but Bai refused to let him cheat. LOL Anyway of course in the end it was Bai's victory. 

Regarding the 6 memes:

1. "Mutual Disdain". Bai wrote "xianghu disdain" which is close enough to the answer "huxiang disdain" since xianghu=huxiang=mutual. Zhu wrote "you mango".

2.  "Unbelievable". Technically nan yi zhi xin=unbelievable, but the fans changed nan to lan which is Zhao Yunlan's last character. Bai got it right, but Zhu wrote something along the lines of OMG or Holy Cow... 

3. "This is the best class of Guardian girls I've taught". They both got it right. 

4. “I'm sorry/I was wrong, but I'll do it again”. Bai wrote "You're really ugly". Zhu wrote "feeling like a wuss". 

5. "Weiwei didn't know anything. It was none of weiwei's business‘’. Wei is from Shen Wei. Bai wrote "Leave me alone for a moment". Zhu wrote "Let me be alone for awhile". 

6. "Kind of embarrassed". Nan wei qing = embarassed but again the fans changed nan to lan which is Zhao Yunlan's last character. Bai wrote: "You just farted". Zhu wrote: “There's nothing left to say”. Then Bai said "it's perfect then. 'You just farted' followed by 'there's nothing left to say'." Then Zhu said, "who's the one covering his nose?" Bai countered by reasoning, "but if I were the one who farted, then you wouldn't be leaning towards me, right?" LOL they're hilarious. 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂
15 hours ago, valerie86 said:

So that's what happened.... No wonder it feels strange. 

10 hours ago, BreezeC said:

I like Zhang Meng...such an underrated actress. Do you know they collaborated before in "Love for Three Lifetimes" but its one of those frustrating plot where she loves him and he loves the female lead and the female lead love the other male lead type of scenario

I haven't watchd that one and those love polygon storyline doesn't do anything for me. But I adore Zhang Meng in ice fantasy and wow, can that girl rock the colour red! I'm also interested with the actress who played Da Bao in Dr Qin medical examiner. I thought it is refreshing to have a short haired female actress.

I've watched some episodes of memory lost so I know how facial-hair-free Bai Yu looks. I just hope he won't have bad hair days. But personally, I think BY looks better with some facial hair.

@cherylrose Thank you so much for your kind offer! But yes, as @siobhanne has said, there are people translated it already in wattpad. I still hope to be able to read the original language though.

@cherylrose since you read the novel already, do you mind if I ask a question?

What is Zhao Yun Lan reaction after he knows that the man he chases around is Ghost slayer which in essence is not human? Does he contemplate his intention to Shen Wei or just go on without any care about that?

Thank you!!

23 hours ago, valerie86 said:

@dzareth

OH i see! I got confused when I saw the raw version.. ZYL supposed to have died after scarifying himself to become the burner for the Lamp. I think he sacrificed himself because he knew Shen Wei is no more alive or he know he is dying himself. He could have been dying as he also got hurt very bad... 

Thanks for the clarifying that the person receiving the flowers are not the real ZYL but the fake one. 

I cannot imagine the drama has ended. The eng sub is up till ep33 but I got no more anticipating to watch the raw version as it has ended. NO more to know what is going on with ZYL and SW.

BUT at least I got some more episodes to watch the english version.. 

If got new dramas to watch, pls share ya..   

8 hours ago, dzareth said:

So that's what happened.... No wonder it feels strange. 

I haven't watchd that one and those love polygon storyline doesn't do anything for me. But I adore Zhang Meng in ice fantasy and wow, can that girl rock the colour red! I'm also interested with the actress who played Da Bao in Dr Qin medical examiner. I thought it is refreshing to have a short haired female actress.

I've watched some episodes of memory lost so I know how facial-hair-free Bai Yu looks. I just hope he won't have bad hair days. But personally, I think BY looks better with some facial hair.

I have watched Memory Lost. Luckily someone had a blog and subbed the drama. At first I have watched 2/3 episodes and had to wait 2/3 months when luckily i found the blog and continued from season 1 till season 3. 

Bai Yu looked nice and handsome. But after starting to watch Guardian, in my opinion he looked younger and more good looking with mustache. In other words, look more adorable. .. cute... 

Zhu Yi Long thinks he will give in to Bai Yu when they bicker. Meanwhile I've seen at least 10 different occasions where he forces Bai Yu to answer/do something instead of him, and Bai Yu rolls his eyes and gives in. The evidence does not support your claims, mr Zhu Yi Long! You can lie, but you can't hide the truth.

Archived