[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Guardian 镇魂

sugarplum892

@BreezeC So in the novel what Shen Wei had in his pendant was part of ZYL's soul, and in the drama it's a lollipop wrapper, hahahahaha. It's still cute, but, hahahahahaha. 

I need fanfiction of their second life where they find each other again. I hope the writer writes a drama-universe epilogue. If I get a happy drama-universe epilogue from the writer and some nice fan music videos I feel like I might be at peace again.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@siobhanne  It is not only the lollipop wrapper...do you know Black Robe sword is one and the only in this world and it is powerful enough to kill any gods/demons/ghosts? I literally laugh out loud when I saw SW dig it up from the ground after he fell off the hill...writers seriously??? I don't think you even try at all :joy:

I am sure talented ppl will create a much better MVs/videos for their afterlives. I mean I see some very fantastic MVs already on utube.

@BreezeC

You are  my lifesaver.Thank you  so so so so much.

But i am way too curious for the ending.

I believe Tanyavvvvv did the  epilogue (extra ) chapter 1 , 2 and 3?  

I am really really curious why Zhao still remember Shen after he wipe his memory. And how could Shen come back after he is gone?  Can you please assist .. sobs sobs 

@siobhanne

There is discussion going on IG that Zhao soul is dispersed  because of his sacrifice with the Lamp.  So a piece of his soul got stuck at blackhole.  

Shen is bidding goodbye and leaving the blackhole thats why Zhao said "are u leaving again"

They make a bet that they will meet again  . So it is open end really. They are not even together in the blackhole =( =( 

Hello all! I apologize in advance for mistakes, my english is not the best. I'm a fan of this drama, I've watched all episodes - including the last one. I'm watching now with engsub. After the last episode, however, I feel sad. However, I have a way to this sadness: the end of the drama gives each of us the opportunity to interpret it. That's why I think that if Wei said they would meet one day, that's how it will be. why should he lie? - he could just say the end, we will not meet again. But he gave me hope and that's why I prefer to think that one day they will meet. In addition, for consolation I watched joint interviews of actors and feel better at once.

I just wanted to write it, thanks to that I feel better. Hope You understand something and that I have not made much mistakes

@valerie86 I don't really know what the lamp did to Zhao Yun Lan's soul in the drama, haven't read anything about it. But he saw his mum in the timeless space before right, so it seems like a place where you can meet your loved ones. I choose to believe that they met there before getting reincarnated (memories not intact)/inserted into new lives (but with memories intact), and will meet each other again. Because anything else is too depressing. 

I'm actually an atheist, I don't even believe in souls. This show, really. 

@valerie86  Glad to help other with understanding the novel. I feel like I can have a field day just talking about the novel since I still feel I am not understanding it as deep as it is. I am not a naive Chinese so all those ancient wording can be interpreted in soooo many ways with hidden meanings I may be missing... lol

ZYL still have his memories intact because SW completed the pact he had with the other ancient god. By doing that, his ZunLun's memories and god status were restored...including all of memories...

SW is back because by sacrificing himself and completing the pact, he developed his own soul and became a true god himself. Remember my summary of the ancient times that the seal is necessary to seal all the 'ghosts' race (with no souls) and the land that are contaminated with rages and darkness. However, as Lord of the Ghosts, SW now possess a soul and this will lead all the ghost race into the reincarnation cycles. Therefore, there is no longer any ghosts race and the true reincarnation was completed. As for the Soul Lamp that needs to be lighted to suppress all the rages and darkness,  Guo is the lamp wick himself and by doing good deeds in each and every single lifetimes, he will continue to let the lamp be lit for eternity. So since there is no longer the need for any seal nor sacrifice, SW came back. 

Tanyavvvvv didn't finish the translation of the epilogue for 2 and 3 so we can wait for that. Mostly, it mentioned that ZYL used all his savings to buy a house near walking distances to SW's university so that it is convenient for him to go home afterward. He also moved the entire SID team over as well. One sweet point is that the entire team each kept a copy of SW's class schedule because every time he finishes his classes, he will come over to pick up ZYL to go home which means time to get off of work for the team! Yay!!!

35 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

@valerie86  Glad to help other with understanding the novel. I feel like I can have a field day just talking about the novel since I still feel I am not understanding it as deep as it is. I am not a naive Chinese so all those ancient wording can be interpreted in soooo many ways with hidden meanings I may be missing... lol

ZYL still have his memories intact because SW completed the pact he had with the other ancient god. By doing that, his ZunLun's memories and god status were restored...including all of memories...

SW is back because by sacrificing himself and completing the pact, he developed his own soul and became a true god himself. Remember my summary of the ancient times that the seal is necessary to seal all the 'ghosts' race (with no souls) and the land that are contaminated with rages and darkness. However, as Lord of the Ghosts, SW now possess a soul and this will lead all the ghost race into the reincarnation cycles. Therefore, there is no longer any ghosts race and the true reincarnation was completed. As for the Soul Lamp that needs to be lighted to suppress all the rages and darkness,  Guo is the lamp wick himself and by doing good deeds in each and every single lifetimes, he will continue to let the lamp be lit for eternity. So since there is no longer the need for any seal nor sacrifice, SW came back. 

Tanyavvvvv didn't finish the translation of the epilogue for 2 and 3 so we can wait for that. Mostly, it mentioned that ZYL used all his savings to buy a house near walking distances to SW's university so that it is convenient for him to go home afterward. He also moved the entire SID team over as well. One sweet point is that the entire team each kept a copy of SW's class schedule because every time he finishes his classes, he will come over to pick up ZYL to go home which means time to get off of work for the team! Yay!!!

Can I ask a few questions? 
1. Where can I read a novel in English?...so far I know only about the facts that someone mentioned to me 
2. how many parts (chapters) has a novel? 
3. Can you write how the novel ends? I heard that he has a happy ending? it's true? what does it look like? maybe it will comfort me, thanks for all!

57 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

Good morning BreezeC you really safe my day of happiness again after hearing this. I read from page 28,29 & 30 here and I still didn't click reply... Valerie86, RPM, and everyone here I sees your comments but I am too shocking of Episode 40 ending but after hearing BreezeC your above comments I am alive again. By the way the above comments is it from Epilogue 1??? Please post epilogue 2 & 3 also as we are eager to know the happy ending. 

1 minute ago, cherylrose said:

Good morning BreezeC you really safe my day of happiness again after hearing this. I read from page 28,29 & 30 here and I still didn't click reply... Valerie86, RPM, and everyone here I sees your comments but I am too shocking of Episode 40 ending but after hearing BreezeC your above comments I am alive again. By the way the above comments is it from Epilogue 1??? Please post epilogue 2 & 3 also as we are eager to know the happy ending. 

Cheryl .. yeah i could hardly sleep last night. too shocking:(

tanyavvvvvv is still in the process of completing epilogue 2 and epilogue 3.

I am sure she will provide the link in instagram once she finished them :)

Her  IG username is tanyavvvvv ( she has 5 "v"s)

1 hour ago, BreezeC said:

@BreezeC

many thanks for your enlightment. . so happy Shen come back to Zhao again in the ending. So sweet!

@valerie86 and @cherylrose  You are all very welcome :D...after the drama, I need to reread the novel to get some happiness...

@luthien1989  I didn't read the English translation of the novel, I read the Chinese novel itself. I think someone is still in the process of translating the entire novel. If anyone know the link, please post it here for our fellow new member. :) I know there are 4 parts to it but I am not sure how many chapters in total. As for the ending, yes, it is a happy ending, I did a summary earlier on page 29 on this forum and someone completed it with translation in an earlier post along with epilogue 1. The person is still working on 2 and 3. 

I am very excited that the author will be releasing a new epilogue 4 per fans request. Hopefully, it will come out soon...something to look forward to :D

59 minutes ago, luthien1989 said:

Can I ask a few questions? 
1. Where can I read a novel in English?...so far I know only about the facts that someone mentioned to me 
2. how many parts (chapters) has a novel? 
3. Can you write how the novel ends? I heard that he has a happy ending? it's true? what does it look like? maybe it will comfort me, thanks for all!

@luthien1989

The link for the Wattpad . still ongoing  :)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/153357561-guardian-english-version-bl-novel

in the chinese language book , there are 300+ chapters .

Yeah I havent read the chinese novel but many friends have said it is a happy ending novel .

but the drama is sad ending unfortunately

@BreezeC has posted the summary above for the novel  (in this page as well) 

1 hour ago, siobhanne said:

Translation of Bai Yu's weibo post to thank viewers: Tumblr

thank you @siobhanne

I find it so over the line that they make the actors work in set which is hot like sauna for 20+ hours.   they are just normal human, at least take a day or two break  or find some way to cool the room? 

luckily the actors were all ok and none suffered from heatstroke. 

being actors are such tough job, it is so demanding both physically and mentally =( 

I feel like the actors  (especially Long Ge)   were not really okay with the ending ,but they didnt have the power to amend it , sad.

1 hour ago, valerie86 said:

Cheryl .. yeah i could hardly sleep last night. too shocking:(

tanyavvvvvv is still in the process of completing epilogue 2 and epilogue 3.

I am sure she will provide the link in instagram once she finished them :)

Her  IG username is tanyavvvvv ( she has 5 "v"s)

1 hour ago, BreezeC said:

@valerie86 and @cherylrose  You are all very welcome :D...after the drama, I need to reread the novel to get some happiness...

@luthien1989  I didn't read the English translation of the novel, I read the Chinese novel itself. I think someone is still in the process of translating the entire novel. If anyone know the link, please post it here for our fellow new member. :) I know there are 4 parts to it but I am not sure how many chapters in total. As for the ending, yes, it is a happy ending, I did a summary earlier on page 29 on this forum and someone completed it with translation in an earlier post along with epilogue 1. The person is still working on 2 and 3. 

I am very excited that the author will be releasing a new epilogue 4 per fans request. Hopefully, it will come out soon...something to look forward to :D

BreezeC if the Author can make epilogue 4 I don't see what's the reason of creating Zhen Hun Ova or Special Episodes. Because there are alot of points for the Episode 40 like what Valerie86 says it is open ending means the points are 1) the 4 "Holy weapon" didn't elaborate further the uses of it. 2) The ending of "Episode 40 is in a Rush". 3) How come Guo in the end taken over ZYL?? (Was it like this in the novel??? I thought ZYL move the whole unit to near to Shen Wei university??? 4) Shen Wei is half-God and half-ghost correct?? (Die such a way without power??) 5) ZYL died too??? (What an ending no elaborate of the storyline someone here says Episode 30 onwards Shen Wei powers weaken and its terrible because the ending as I expected Rushing like a mighty Wind!!!! (Anyone knows what exactly happen in between???) 

25 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

I have noticed this picture in the mv too

Is this scene included in drama at all?  

Thanks .. still sour feeling from episode 40

Maybe should be in the beginning when he met ZYL... Now I not in the mood as too many questions not answered in my mind it's very confusing and sad. By the way the Lollipop pendant, Valerie86 remember I told you I won the Pendant I am still waiting for the pendant to come.... If it comes I will take a photo and post here. But no lollipop inside the pendant hahaha.... That's the only thing I can think of... Ending of Episode 40 very rushing.... (how many of you think so???) (Is there anyone thinks Petition of this Guardian for Special Episodes or Ova?? If any of you open the Petition please post here we all will join in for the Happy Ending...) 

5 minutes ago, cherylrose said:

Maybe should be in the beginning when he met ZYL... Now I not in the mood as too many questions not answered in my mind it's very confusing and sad. By the way the Lollipop pendant, Valerie86 remember I told you I won the Pendant I am still waiting for the pendant to come.... If it comes I will take a photo and post here. But no lollipop inside the pendant hahaha.... That's the only thing I can think of... Ending of Episode 40 very rushing.... (how many of you think so???) (Is there anyone thinks Petition of this Guardian for Special Episodes or Ova?? If any of you open the Petition please post here we all will join in for the Happy Ending...) 

@cherylrose

yeah  I Remember you won the bid.  I am looking fwd to the pendant photo :):) 

the ending is  actually not rushed but the scriptwriter ran out of idea and wrote the most painful ending ever.

How heartbreaking it is..Shen kill himself so that Night could die with him. and Zhao also suicide too for the world. OMG

Now Long Ge and Bai is inundated with jobs  , so it is highly unlikely they could re-shoot the special ending. :(  

We just can wait for the original author write the epilogue number 4  :(

Archived