Quantcast
angelangie

Vin Zhang Bin Bin 张彬彬 Official Thread

I watched a clip of ZBB on some program where he shared that he wasn't always tall and didn't start growing until middle school or so.  When the hosts expressed shock over this, given his current height and all, he shared a cute story from when he first started going to school.  He said he was seated in the first row and when it came time for all the students to stand in greeting, the teacher looked down and thought there was an absent student.  But the desk wasn't empty.  It was just ZBB who, apparently was so short, he couldn't be seen over the height of the desk!  Awwww, so adorable, right?  Hee hee.

Now that IWNLYG is almost over, I'm sorely tempted to watch the Chinese remake of "She's So Pretty."  I fear, however, that given ZBB is playing the same role that Siwon played in the original, my heart will end up broken as before... :P 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

8 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I watched a clip of ZBB on some program where he shared that he wasn't always tall and didn't start growing until middle school or so.  When the hosts expressed shock over this, given his current height and all, he shared a cute story from when he first started going to school.  He said he was seated in the first row and when it came time for all the students to stand in greeting, the teacher looked down and thought there was an absent student.  But the desk wasn't empty.  It was just ZBB who, apparently was so short, he couldn't be seen over the height of the desk!  Awwww, so adorable, right?  Hee hee.

Now that IWNLYG is almost over, I'm sorely tempted to watch the Chinese remake of "She's So Pretty."  I fear, however, that given ZBB is playing the same role that Siwon played in the original, my heart will end up broken as before... :P 

yea i was heart broken on his roles....he did really good in it :) 

• Like 1

Dear Angelangie

Thank you for your understanding comment of one’s own preferences of one’s idols.

Btw why is this forum called Vin ZBB official thread and does ZBB sees all these English comments?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, angelangie said:

yea i was heart broken on his roles....he did really good in it :) 

i would have fallen for bin bin's character in 'she was pretty' if i were reba lol!

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

i would have fallen for bin bin's character in 'she was pretty' if i were reba lol!

definitely.....he was always there for her.....and he always there to pick her up too....

not to mention he knew when to retreat whenever he thought she needed space to think.....and he let her flap her wing too, now tell me who dont want such a man by her side? :D 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 10:38 AM, Marisa li said:

Dear Angelangie

Thank you for your understanding comment of one’s own preferences of one’s idols.

Btw why is this forum called Vin ZBB official thread and does ZBB sees all these English comments?

lols no.....no we just name it so.....ZBB does not check in on us....unless he happen to stumble into us then im not sure :D 

we just called it 'Official' among fans that all

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

not to mention he knew when to retreat whenever he thought she needed space to think.....and he let her flap her wing too, now tell me who dont want such a man by her side? :D 

reba apparently lol!

• LOL 4

7 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

reba apparently lol!

no not reba my friend.....its 'Li HuiChen' :D 

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

no not reba my friend.....its 'Li HuiChen' :D 

haha yes! Li HuiChen!! lol only her...

• LOL 1

On 3/2/2019 at 1:12 PM, themarchioness said:

Hi @themarchioness - I did not know much about ZBB before IWNLYG and recently watched a few of his interviews. I agree he is so adorable and his light-hearted personality definitely shines through.

Funny you say...I am actually tempted to watch ZBB in She's So Pretty after IWNLYG as well. For one, I love his look in there! I have seen the K-version and absolutely loved Siwon's character. Assuming the C-version is the same, at least I know what to expect. I am still in recovery mode though...so I won't be watching right away (lol).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

Hi @themarchioness - I did not know much about ZBB before IWNLYG and recently watched a few of his interviews. I agree he is so adorable and his light-hearted personality definitely shines through.

Funny you say...I am actually tempted to watch ZBB in She's So Pretty after IWNLYG as well. For one, I love his look in there! I have seen the K-version and absolutely loved Siwon's character. Assuming the C-version is the same, at least I know what to expect. I am still in recovery mode though...so I won't be watching right away (lol).

Hehehe, fancy meeting you here in this thread @taeunfighting:D  It sounds like we are on the same trajectory as it relates to ZBB!  I feel like I have now watched every interview of his worth watching on YouTube, and it only makes me eager for more.  Haha.  I love how honest and low key he is in his answers.  His personality only adds to his attractiveness.  ;) 

I've started watching "Pretty Li Hui Zhen," but making my way s-l-o-w-l-y through it.  The thing is, as much as I loved Siwon's character (and Siwon's acting) in the K-version, I still supported the main couple through and through.  In the Chinese remake . . . well, let's just say I'm not finding the male lead as charismatic as Park Seo Joon, and thus his character comes across as completely flat.  I swear it's not my bias when I say that ZBB is the only thing worth watching so far.  

I found the trailer for ZBB's next modern drama and alls I can say is, it needs an air date - and stat!  Haha.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Hehehe, fancy meeting you here in this thread @taeunfighting:D  It sounds like we are on the same trajectory as it relates to ZBB!  I feel like I have now watched every interview of his worth watching on YouTube, and it only makes me eager for more.  Haha.  I love how honest and low key he is in his answers.  His personality only adds to his attractiveness.  ;) 

I've started watching "Pretty Li Hui Zhen," but making my way s-l-o-w-l-y through it.  The thing is, as much as I loved Siwon's character (and Siwon's acting) in the K-version, I still supported the main couple through and through.  In the Chinese remake . . . well, let's just say I'm not finding the male lead as charismatic as Park Seo Joon, and thus his character comes across as completely flat.  I swear it's not my bias when I say that ZBB is the only thing worth watching so far.  

I found the trailer for ZBB's next modern drama and alls I can say is, it needs an air date - and stat!  Haha.

Haha, yes!! :D Same here...I have been watching his interviews too. I am with you...I love how honest and easygoing he is with his answers which is very refreshing. I learned that he loves dogs which is a bonus in my book :lol:. Why does this guy have to be so lovely on the outside and inside too? (lol)

Okay...good to know! Ditto on what you said about Siwon's character and acting. I was the same...I didn't ship Siwon's character with the female lead, but he was such a good guy/friend that I could not help but have a soft spot for him. Alright...since you started watching, I may change my mind and start watching as well...in support of ZBB. I do not have high expectations for the C-version.

Oh...I would love to see ZBB in a modern drama! I will look out for it. I guess I will be checking in here often now. I looked into his previous period dramas and I am passing! (haha...)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

Why does this guy have to be so lovely on the outside and inside too? (lol)

Right???  I keep asking myself the same question.  It's like he wants us to stay stuck in his vortex forever.  :P

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

Alright...since you started watching, I may change my mind and start watching as well...in support of ZBB. I do not have high expectations for the C-version.

Oh...I would love to see ZBB in a modern drama! I will look out for it. I guess I will be checking in here often now. I looked into his previous period dramas and I am passing! (haha...)

I would love company in watching "Pretty Li Hui Zhen"!  Send me a message, or something, if you want to chat about it -- company would probably encourage me to keep up with the show regularly.  Heh.  (My expectations are kept low as well.)

And I felt exactly as you did when looking at his past period dramas.  Although, I confess, I did seek out the last episode of "King's Woman' (knowing already how things would end) and I have to say, my interest was a little bit piqued!  I don't know that it was piqued enough to watch a drama of that length, but I'm seriously considering reading the recaps for the drama at the very least.  Haha.  As for his next modern drama, I watched a trailer: Here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Right???  I keep asking myself the same question.  It's like he wants us to stay stuck in his vortex forever.  :P

I would love company in watching "Pretty Li Hui Zhen"!  Send me a message, or something, if you want to chat about it -- company would probably encourage me to keep up with the show regularly.  Heh.  (My expectations are kept low as well.)

And I felt exactly as you did when looking at his past period dramas.  Although, I confess, I did seek out the last episode of "King's Woman' (knowing already how things would end) and I have to say, my interest was a little bit piqued!  I don't know that it was piqued enough to watch a drama of that length, but I'm seriously considering reading the recaps for the drama at the very least.  Haha.  As for his next modern drama, I watched a trailer: Here.

Omg...I think you hit it right on the nail! It does feel like he wants us stuck in his vortex forever (bahahaha).

Sounds good...I think it would be nice to have some company:). I will definitely ping you when I start Pretty Li Hui Zhen. Possibly tonight, but likely tomorrow.

I looked at the King's Woman, but I know myself and will give up (lol). I see a lot of comments from viewers that it is good and that he did a great job in it though so I am sure it is worth watching for others.

Thanks for the link to the trailer! It doesn't seem like your typical modern drama so I will plan to watch it. Does it have an air date yet?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 1:12 PM, themarchioness said:

I'm tempted to watch SSP too after  watching  ZBB /IWNLYG for the first time.   I'm not sure about the ending. Ugh. Why can't he have a solid happy ending dang it!?  However I loved your comments and recaps for IWNLYG, I might do it per your recommendation! :) 

• Like 1

This guy got me so good that I need to make an account just for him lol.  I saw him in 'Eternal love' first but didn't care for his character.  Then saw him as KO in 'H20' and he definitely stood out among that seed of casts, but he didn't get my full attention till 'I will never let you go'.  I originally watched it for Ariel but Bin Bin just keep on flashing that smile, and sending those stares right to my heart.  God this man is so freaking gorgeous!  He's definitely one of the best actors of this generation, and deserve more love and attentions.   He can emote so many layers of emotions, and he sure makes pain so beautiful lol. 

• LOL 2

13 hours ago, luna2nd said:

I'm tempted to watch SSP too after  watching  ZBB /IWNLYG for the first time.   I'm not sure about the ending. Ugh. Why can't he have a solid happy ending dang it!?  However I loved your comments and recaps for IWNLYG, I might do it per your recommendation! :) 

Haha, aww, thanks!  I don't know if watching "Pretty Li Hui Zhen" counts as a recommendation though; it's more like I'm just watching it for the sake of ZBB.  :P Since it's a remake of "She's So Pretty," we know how the drama will end.  The OTP will be together and ZBB, as the second male lead, won't end up with the girl.  Whether that ending is a happy one will depend on where your heart lies, I suppose.  ;) 

12 hours ago, Bydawn said:

This guy got me so good that I need to make an account just for him lol.  

LOL, that's a lot of love right there.  But I totally get it!  Welcome to Soompi!  :D

18 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Sounds good...I think it would be nice to have some company:). I will definitely ping you when I start Pretty Li Hui Zhen. Possibly tonight, but likely tomorrow.

Thanks for the link to the trailer! It doesn't seem like your typical modern drama so I will plan to watch it. Does it have an air date yet?

Yay!  In honor of our watching it together, I pressed on to episode 4 last night and guess what I discovered!  His Traitorness Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants is also in this drama, LOL.  They were having their staff meeting at the magazine when one of the co-workers started talking.  I wasn't paying attention to the screen at the time but when I heard that voice, I quickly turned back because it was like, 'That voice!  I know it!"  I rewound and sure enough.  I don't know that I'd have noticed him without his voice, since he looks so different in his modern day wear, but I looked up the filmography and it's him.  Too funny.  

As for ZBB's next modern drama.... sigh.  You know how C-dramas are.  Never know when they're gonna air, so sadly, no air date yet.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Yay!  In honor of our watching it together, I pressed on to episode 4 last night and guess what I discovered!  His Highness Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants is also in this drama, LOL.  They were having their staff meeting at the magazine when one of the co-workers started talking.  I wasn't paying attention to the screen at the time but when I heard that voice, I quickly turned back because it was like, 'That voice!  I know it!"  I rewound and sure enough.  I don't know that I'd have noticed him without his voice, since he looks so different in his modern day wear, but I looked up the filmography and it's him.  Too funny.  

As for ZBB's next modern drama.... sigh.  You know how C-dramas are.  Never know when they're gonna air, so sadly, no air date yet.  

LOL...Mr. Traitor Pants! Ugh...that voice...yes yes I know what you mean by his voice. What a small world and lucky us (lol)!

Regarding his next modern drama, I was super curious about the air date and saw that on My Drama List's website that it notes an air date of Dec 31, 2019. Not sure how accurate it is. But man...that sucks that an air date has not been confirmed.

I am glad you are continuing to watch PLHZ...me too!

30 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

LOL...Mr. Traitor Pants! Ugh...that voice...yes yes I know what you mean by his voice. What a small world and lucky us (lol)!

Regarding his next modern drama, I was super curious about the air date and saw that on My Drama List's website that it notes an air date of Dec 31, 2019. Not sure how accurate it is. But man...that sucks that an air date has not been confirmed.

The problem with that voice is I can't separate it from the simpering way in which he delivered his betrayal towards CY in prison, LOL.  This is going to be incredibly amusing if he ends up being the co-worker that dates that other female co-worker because she believes him to be the heir to the magazine company founder.  :P 

As for Mydramalist, whenever a drama's air date is unknown, they always set it to the last day of the current year.  And if the drama doesn't end up airing in that current year, on January 1 of the new year, it resets to the last day of the new year.  So, I wouldn't set much store by the 12/13/19 date.  It just means it doesn't have an official air date yet.  :( 

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

The problem with that voice is I can't separate it from the simpering way in which he delivered his betrayal towards CY in prison, LOL.  This is going to be incredibly amusing if he ends up being the co-worker that dates that other female co-worker because she believes him to be the heir to the magazine company founder.  :P 

As for Mydramalist, whenever a drama's air date is unknown, they always set it to the last day of the current year.  And if the drama doesn't end up airing in that current year, on January 1 of the new year, it resets to the last day of the new year.  So, I wouldn't set much store by the 12/13/19 date.  It just means it doesn't have an official air date yet.  :( 

Oh...I think you're hunch is right that Mr. Traitor Pants will play that co-worker! :lol: That part of the drama was amusing though I feel like may not be able to get BJF out of my head whenever I see him.

I did not know that about unknown air dates. That's too bad and frustrating. I read that he is filming a modern drama with Yang Mi. I guess the air date for that one will be even longer. I will just have to fill in my ZBB void by watching more of his videos :rolleyes:.

• Like 1