[Reality Show] Youn's Kitchen 윤식당 - S1 at Gili Trawangan Lombok, S2 at Garachico on Tenerife ~ waiting for Season 3!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a fun observation.  Obviously, I'm an admirer of LSJ and his work.

There's lots of speculation about whether he's in a relationship or not, there's been rumors that it's Choi Ji Woo, especially after the Grandpa Over Flowers Greece, 3 MAD and their CVs.

Well this last episode to me was the clincher that he is definitely in a relationship - whether it's CJW - I have no idea.  I just noticed a very different vibe between GOF and Youn's kitchen.

In every other program when interacting with women, his dimples explode and he's rather shy, and he flirts.

In Youn's he never opens a door and talks with JYM face to face, let alone flirts.  When JYM and he are seated next to each other on a couch he leans away from her.  In the first episode he just yells at her to get going - never opens the door and goes away without even waiting for her.  

In this episode he cracks the door, but never opens it to talk to her.  So many women talk with him at the restaurant and on his jaunts through the island and he hasn't flirted once, let alone given them a second glance. His polite and charming and totally uninterested them.

The complete opposite of his interactions with CJW and other women on other shows.

Hope I'm right - if ever there was a guy who deserved long term happiness - it's him.

10 hours ago, florita529 said:

Hope you're right @mbcam

Anyway, yesterday's episode received 14.1% average rating and 16% highest audience rating, renewing their record!

http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170429090504501?f=m

It's a feat for Na PD, Yoon Yoo Jung, Lee Seo Jin, Jung Yumi, Shin Gu and the rest of the production team.

They really need to have Season 2....!

On 4/21/2017 at 10:24 PM, YuKo Wong said:

SAD! I love Youn's Kitchen team as they have great chemistry.

It's really upsetting to hear this from her cos it means there will never be season 2.... :cry:

Fret not.. we still have hope. :)

May 1, 2017

Yoon Yeo Jung Says She’s Down With Doing Another Season Of “Youn’s Kitchen”

Source: Soompi by G. Lee

Youns-Kitchen-Lee-Seo-Jin-Youn-Yeo-Jung-Jung-Yoo-Mi-Shin-Goo.jpg

PD Na Young Suk’s latest variety show, “Youn’s Kitchen,” is another hit.  Yoon Yeo Jung, the star and manager of the restaurant in “Youn’s Kitchen” sat down for an interview and discussed the false reports claiming that this was her last variety show appearance.

Yoon Yeo Jung shared her concerns regarding the false article and said, “I met up with Shin Goo a few days ago and asked him what I should do now that people think this is my last variety program. He calmed me down and gave me wise words of advice.  He told me that I shouldn’t be worried because politicians say they won’t do something all the time and end up doing it.”

Later, the veteran actress also spoke very highly of her fellow cast members and claimed, “If Na Young Suk wants to do a second season of “Youn’s Kitchen,” I would do it. That’s how much I enjoyed working with the team.”  However, she added a small condition and said, “But I hope the second season travels to somewhere cooler.  The weather in Indonesia was way too hot.”

During the interview, Yoon Yeo Jung also shared how perfect the casting was for the show.  She commented, “Na Young Suk is a genius. He didn’t pick people who were already very close. He chose people who knew of and respected each other, and this was the right choice” and continued, “Picking Shin Goo to be the part-time worker is so entertaining. It was the cherry on top.”

Are you enjoying tvN’s latest variety hit?

Source (1)

May 1, 2017

“The List 2017” Reveals Their Rankings For Most Lovely Female Stars

Jung-Yoo-Mi-Park-Bo-Young-Hyeri.jpg

On May 1, tvN’s ranking show,”The List 2017,” unveiled their rankings for the most lovely female celebrities.

First place went to Jung Yoomi, who has gained a lot of popularity over the past month because of “Youn’s Kitchen.” Even before she was on the variety show, Jung Yoomi played a lot of lovely characters on screen and is known for her kind disposition. Because of this, Jung Yoomi has a strong fan base of both male and female fans.

Second place went to “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” star Park Bo Young, who has been nicknamed “Bo-vely” (a combination of Park Bo Young and lovely) and has also been referred to as a human vitamin. Park Bo Young has been receiving a lot of love for her cute and refreshing personality both on and off screen.

Third place went to Girl’s Day’s Hyeri, who became known for her funny and adorable personality on MBC’s “Real Men” and later in the hit tvN drama “Reply 1988” in which she played the lead character.

Check out the complete list below:
1. Jung Yoomi
2. Park Bo Young
3. Hyeri (Girl’s Day)
4. YoonA (Girls’ Generation)
5. Lee Se Young
6. Kim Seul Gi
7. Tzuyu (TWICE)
8. Hani (EXID)
9. Lee Sung Kyung

Source (1)

2 hours ago, rubie said:

May 1, 2017

“The List 2017” Reveals Their Rankings For Most Lovely Female Stars

Check out the complete list below:
1. Jung Yoomi
2. Park Bo Young
3. Hyeri (Girl’s Day)
4. YoonA (Girls’ Generation)
5. Lee Se Young
6. Kim Seul Gi
7. Tzuyu (TWICE)
8. Hani (EXID)
9. Lee Sung Kyung

Source (1)

I was about to ask here, because i read similar news at AllKpop : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/05/professionals-select-the-top-3-most-lovely-celebrity-women-on-the-list

My question is : this Jung YooMi is THIS Yoomi right? Not Jung YooMi who married with Jung Jun Young at We Got Married? Their names are similar, so i was confused.

But, selected at first place by the Professionals makes me curious and want to watch her other works, hehe.

I haven't watch Youn's Kitchen because the translation team has only subbed first part of first episode. I will watch after at least 2-3 episodes done (it's very hard to wait because i'm a fan of Na Young Sook and Lee Seo Jin.)

30 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I was about to ask here, because i read similar news at AllKpop : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/05/professionals-select-the-top-3-most-lovely-celebrity-women-on-the-list

My question is : this Jung YooMi is THIS Yoomi right? Not Jung YooMi who married with Jung Jun Young at We Got Married? Their names are similar, so i was confused.

But, selected at first place by the Professionals makes me curious and want to watch her other works, hehe.

I haven't watch Youn's Kitchen because the translation team has only subbed first part of first episode. I will watch after at least 2-3 episodes done (it's very hard to wait because i'm a fan of Na Young Sook and Lee Seo Jin.)

It is JungYumi Youns Kitchen. =)

This list is from tvN program. The list.

@Dragon I hope I didn't make a blunder about this but if we refer the Korean source listed by the soompi news, these are the screencaps from the tvN show. Maybe JYM fans can help clarify this for us. Oh.. just saw @kentangbakar's reply up there, thanks!

Source (1)

Spoiler

2017050201000115600005082.jpg

Spoiler

Article image

@kentangbakar & @rubie : Thanks for the clarification.

And no Rubie, you didn't make any blunder. My question based from the name similarity. After searching, i found there are 2 Yu-mis :

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jung_Yu-mi_(actress,_born_1983)

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeong_Yu-mi_(actress_born_1984)

The first/older one is Youn's Kitchen's Yu-mi, and the second one is the one i mentioned married to JJY.

And for younskitchenteam thank you for translating this show, can't wait to watch it :)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/03/youns-kitchen-writer-reveals-theres-no-love-line-lee-seo-jin-jung-yoo-mi/

“Youn’s Kitchen” Writer Reveals Why There’s No Love Line Between Lee Seo Jin And Jung Yoo Mi

The writer of “Youn’s Kitchen” has revealed what actors Lee Seo Jin and Jung Yoo Mi are like in real life.

During an interview held on May 2, writer Kim Dae Joo explained, “Lee Seo Jin and Jung Yoo Mi act like siblings in real life. They bicker sometimes and speak informally to each other. Lee Seo Jin surprisingly tends to take care of people younger than him. He’s a strange person. I think that’s why Jung Yoo Mi is able to lean on him.”

“Normally, it’s possible for a love line to occur if two people stick around each other for a long time, but Lee Seo Jin and Jung Yoo Mi are just like siblings. It’s not only because of their age difference; it’s just what their chemistry is like. That’s why the production staff doesn’t try to force a love line between them. Viewers don’t really like to see forced relationships, so they like to see the friendship between Lee Seo Jin and Jung Yoo Mi,” he added.

i dont see the romantic vibe too. hehehe. Like what @mbcam said above. =)

May 4, 2017

‘Youn’s Kitchen’ is tasty, escapist TV :

The tvN smash hit is a refreshing alternative for cooking show fans

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

03181802.jpg

Lee Jin-ju [CJ E&M]

While cooking shows often portray intense, competitive showdowns between chefs, cable network tvN’s new variety program “Youn’s Kitchen,” a cooking reality show set on a picturesque island in Indonesia, is gaining popularity for its relaxed approach. 

The show revolves around four Korean celebrities as they cook and sell Korean food to locals and tourists. Actors Shin Goo and Youn Yuh-jung, as well as Lee Seo-jin and Jung Yu-mi turn into chefs to prep meals - from cutting up vegetables to serving customers. Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, sat down for an interview with the show’s co-producer Lee Jin-ju for an interview. 

03181824.jpg
Actors Shin Goo, Youn Yuh-jung, Lee Seo-jin and Jung Yu-mi turn into chefs in “Youn’s Kitchen.” [TVN]

Q. It looks likes it takes a long time to edit the footage for the show.

A. I am editing footage up until the day the show airs. It takes a long time to translate what people are saying. But we don’t translate while filming. After we come back to Korea, we start to translate. 

The show is a bit dramatic, as if it was staged. 

The first restaurant was shutdown due to the rearrangement of the shore, but that actually turned out fine. Our crew was really devastated at first, and even considered discontinuing the show. But in the end, it turned out fine. 

Did you plan the show by yourself?

I actually toured this island last year. I really enjoyed it, and I had to come up with a show at that time. I wanted to try something new, like living somewhere new.

Did you expect the show to be this popular?

I knew that the show would not be a total failure as it features popular celebrities, but I was honestly amazed at how popular it became. After watching the first episode, I was satisfied with the ratings and how it turned out. But I didn’t expect this. 

Why do you think people like your show?

I think a lot of Koreans dream of long vacations. I think people like the show because we show a long, relaxing vacations that a lot of people long for. In Korea, a lot of people are so engrossed in their work that it is not easy to make time to relax. 

What do you think is the selling point of the show?

Youn is a chatty person, so there is no need to add much. In our show, not much editing is needed since there is already a lot going on with the customers in the restaurant and with Youn. The editor doesn’t really need to be very involved.

Are you thinking about season 2?

I haven’t come up with a detailed plan as I am busy editing, and when we were filming season 1, we didn’t really take into account the next season. Plus, this is a very small island so there is some limitation as to what can be filmed. If we were to film another season, I am going to figure out what the viewers want and portray something different from season 1.

Were there rude customers?

Probably because the island is a vacation spot, most people were pretty easygoing. No one complained, even if it took 50 minutes to prepare a dish. 

Was the business lucrative? 

The restaurant did not make any money, because we had to buy the ingredients, buy dinner and more. We spent what we earned.

BY PARK JUNG-SUN [jeon.sohyun@joongang.co.kr]

Hi all! Yumi's fan here. I just finished with eps 6.. I love all, the menu, team's work, the guests. And I love how Seo Jin played those 80-90s songs. He has good taste on music hahahaha.. Surprise. He didnt choose kpop to attract guests. In eps 4 when Yumi asked why not play kpop to attract guests? Then Mrs. Youn said that Dir Lee doesnt like kpop LOL

May 6, 2017

May Variety Show Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi by A. Park

Infinite-Challenge-Youns-Kitchen.jpg

“Infinite Challenge” was the most popular variety show between April 4 and May 5 of 2017, according to the Korea Business Research Institute.

The Korea Business Research Institute analyzed statistics of 39 variety shows including communication between viewers, the brand’s generalizability, and the amount of consumption. There was a change in the algorithm this time around, as they added a media value. Through this, they are able to separate the consumers’ behavior and analyze the brand rankings according to the amount of communication, media, discussion within online communities, and viewership.

The top 20 released on May 5 are:

1. Infinite Challenge
2. Youn’s Kitchen
3. Radio Star
4. King of Masked Singer
5. Ask Us Anything
6. I Live Alone
7. My Ugly Duckling
8. Running Man
9. Wednesday Food Talk
10. Happy Together
11. The Return of Superman
12. Law of the Jungle
13. Abnormal Summit
14. Three Great Emperors
15. Please Take Care of My Refrigerator
16. Immortal Song
17. SNL Korea
18. We Got Married
19. I Can See Your Voice
20. Gag Concert

“Infinite Challenge” came in first place again with 8,341,026 points, which is 42.29 percent higher than the rankings released in April.

“Youn’s Kitchen” joined the rankings for the first time, and came in second with 7,420,541 points. “Radio Star” gained 6,021,875 points, which is 120 percent higher than last month.

The Korea Business Research Institute explained, “According to the analysis performed to rank the brand value of variety shows, ‘Infinite Challenge’ placed first. The second place show, ‘Youn’s Kitchen,’ got a lower score on the community score, which measures how generalizable the brand is. ‘Infinite Challenge’ gets more points for the community score because there are lots more people spreading the content with secondary work [such as fan art].”

Did your favorite variety show make this list?

Source (1)

Archived