[Reality Show] Youn's Kitchen 윤식당 - S1 at Gili Trawangan Lombok, S2 at Garachico on Tenerife ~ waiting for Season 3!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 30, 2017

All Actors and Actresses Wants to be on His Shows

Source: Hancinema.net

photo834759.jpg

Two most famous producers in Korea's entertainment world would be Kim Tae-ho PD of Korea's #1 variety show "Infinite Challenge" and Na Young-seok PD.

photo834755.jpg

Na Young-seok PD was originally the producer of a popular variety show called "1 Night 2 Days". He moved his station to tvN in 2013, and he wrote a new page in the history of Korea's variety show.

His variety shows have 3 major characteristics. First is his ability to make the most laugh triggering scenes even from the most ordinary cuts – his sense in the little captions throughout the show is simply the awe-inspiring. Second, since he started working with tvN, he's been producing a lot of "Healing" variety shows. Either it be the beautiful scenery he captured in the camera under his direction, or the atmosphere he creates with certain situations, but everyone who watches his shows can definitely agree that his shows are healing. Lastly, he have a great eye in selecting his cast. He is famous for his ability to invite the actors/ actresses who would normally not participate in a variety shows and when he does it, he always have success in creating a special characters for them. For that ability, even the classy actors and actresses who avoids going on variety shows are willing to cooperate with him.

Since he moved to tvN, he have produced the Flower Series, Three Meals a Day series, New Journey to the West series, Newlyweds Diary and currently airing Yoon's Kitchen.

Flower Series is basically a backpacking trip for the famous actors and actresses. There are three different versions – Youth over Flowers which is with 3-4 guys. Sisters over Flowers which is with 4 famous top actresses and 1 young actor. The most popular one seems to be Grandpas over Flowers which is with 4 famous top actors with 1 young actor.

Flower Series 1 – Grandpas over Flowers

Spoiler

photo834757.jpg

photo834756.jpg

There are 4 seasons to it, traveling different countries. The cast is same throughout the season, which consist the grandpa actors: Lee Soon-jae, Sin Goo, Park Geun-hyeong and Baek Il-seob. The average age of these 4 actors are 76 years. Of course, they needed an assistant, so they brought the Dimple beauty, actor Lee Seo-jin with them. On the 4th season, actress Choi Ji-woo joins the crew.

Spoiler

photo834747.jpg

1st season – Europe (France to Switzerland), 2nd season – Taiwan, 3rd season – Spain, 4th season – Greece.

Flower Series 2 – Sisters over Flowers

Spoiler

photo834745.jpg

There's only 1 season to it, same concept as Grandpas over Flowers except it is with 4 top actresses. Yoon Yeo-jeong, Kim Ja-ok, Kim Hee-ae and Lee Mi-yeon is the main and they brought Lee Seung-gi for the assistant. They travel to Turkey and Croatia.

Spoiler

photo834749.jpg

Sadly, there wouldn't be a next season since one of the cast, actress Kim Ja-ok passed away due to lung cancer shortly after the show in 2014.

Flower Series 3 – Youth over Flowers Series

Spoiler

photo834748.jpg

Youth over Flowers series have 4 seasons so far.

1st season – Peru episode ft. Yoo Hee-yeol, Yoon Sang, and Lee Jeok

2nd season – Laos episode ft. Yoo Yeon-seok, Baro, and Son Ho-joon

3rd season – Iceland episode ft. Jung Woo, Jo Jeong-seok, Jeong Sang-hoon and Kang Ha-neul

4th season – Africa episode ft. Ryu Jun-yeol, Ahn Jae-hong, Ko Kyeong-pyo and Park Bo-geom

As you probably noticed from 2nd season and 4th season's cast, they like to "Kidnap" the cast of "Answer Me" series after the drama is finished, sort of to give them a vacation.

Three Meals a Day series

Spoiler

photo834761.jpg

photo834760.jpg

This is my absolute favorite show to watch on my passing time. It is slow paced, but that is why it's so healing and relaxing. It all started from Lee Seo-jin's comment on his ability to cook when he was on Grandpas over Flowers. Basically the show is about how few stars gets sent to a little villages for the season and make three meals a day. They will have to plant seeds, harvest crops, and go out fishing and what not to meet each day's needs. Technically there are 4 seasons to it.

Spoiler

photo834751.jpg

photo834750.jpg

1st season in Jeong-sun village ft. Lee Seo-jin, Taecyeon, and Kim Kwang-gyoo

2nd season in fishing village ft. Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin and Son Ho-joon

3rd season in Go-chang village ft. Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin, Son Ho-joon and Nam Joo-hyuk

4th season in fishing village ft. Lee Seo-jin, Eric Moon and Yoon Kyun-sang

New Journey to the West series

Spoiler

photo834762.jpg

photo834752.jpg

There are 3 seasons to it, and technically the 1st and 2nd season were aired online, not tvN. Main casts are the original cast from "1 Night 2 Days" and on the 1st season, Lee Seung-gi was with them but since he was leaving for the army duty, actor Ahn Jae-hyeon was called to fill his spot. Which was the best choice ever. The cast travels China and does several missions and games. It's more of a comical, fast paced show.

Newlyweds Diary

Spoiler

photo834753.jpg

When Ahn Jae-hyeon revealed his love story with actress Koo Hye-seon and married her, the show New Journey to the West (above) was being filmed. Since they were a newlyweds, Ahn Jae-hyeon calls his wife every single day during the trip and he was not ashamed to make his love known to all. From that, Na PD got the idea to make this adorable show.

Yoon's Kitchen

photo834758.jpg

This show is currently being aired and it just began, so I don't have much information on it but we have familiar cast from the shows above. Actress Yoon Yeo-jeong, actor Sin Goo and Lee Seo-jin is in it. Also, actress Jung Yu-mi decided to join the crew and it was a surprise to all since she have not been on a variety show for last 13 years.

photo834754.jpg

The crew opened up a tiny little Korean restaurant on an island near Bali. The more Na PD come up with new shows, I can't help but think he gets his ideas from mobile games like tycoon. Haha.

photo834746.jpg

As you can tell, the casts of all these shows are extra-ordinary. The faces that are hard to see on normal variety shows. These stars trust Na PD's abilities and his ideas (No matter how new and risky it may seem at first) and support his adventure by joining his crew.

By. Lily Lee

April 2, 2017

PD Na Young Suk’s Latest Project “Youn’s Kitchen” Starts Off Strong With Highest Ratings In Its Time Slot

Source: Soompi by G. Lee 

Youns-Kitchen.jpg

tvN’s new variety show “Youn’s Kitchen” is off to a very strong start. The program premiered on March 24, and started off strong, reporting a 6.2 percent rating according to Nielsen Korea. The second episode of the show aired on March 31 and reported a 9.6 percent rating, claiming the top spot for cable television and in overall ratings for the its time slot. Nielson Korea also reported the show reaching an impressive 12.5 percent in real-time ratings during the peak of the episode.

Na Young Suk has a long history of successful variety programs, starting with KBS’s “1 Night 2 Days,” and recently producing a number of programs for the tvN network including “Grandpa Over Flowers,” “Three Meals A Day,” and many more. The common theme to all of his shows is that they are all very relatable to the target audience and the cast members show a great deal of chemistry.

Shin-Gu-Jung-Yoo-Mi-Lee-Seo-Jin-Youn-Yeo-Jung.jpg

“Youn’s Kitchen” is a reality travel show that follows the cast in their journey to Gili Trawangan, a tropical island in Indonesia, where they open a pop-up restaurant for 10 days. Yoon Yeo Jung assumes the role of main chef and restaurant owner. Jung Yoo Mi takes a role as her sous chef while Lee Seo Jin takes on responsibilities as the manager. To top it all off, Shin Gu later joins the cast as a part-time helper who comes to the restaurant’s aid.

Viewers can see the heartwarming struggles the actors go through to start their business, enjoy the gorgeous island backdrop, and laugh at the humorous situations that arise throughout the show.

Tune in for the next episode of “Youn’s Kitchen”, airing every Friday on tvN at 9:20 p.m. KST!

Source (1) (2)

Just watched episode 1 over the weekend.

I love how ambitious Yeo-jeong is; wanting to prepare 30 servings for opening day. :D

Test run portions are huge.......  1 huge baguette per serving..... and the pricing.... there was no science to it..... just a number off the tops of their head. They didn't calculate how much per dish cost them to make.... oh well, they aren't in it to make a profit anyway.....

The most hilarious part was when their customer asked for Kimchi Stew or Kimchi Ramyeon which wasn't on the menu..... 

Love epi 2 though I thought the editing was a little strange given that almost towards the end of epi 1, they have already shown Day one of biz.  But epi 2 starts with the day before that.  Got alittle confused. 

I was amazed at the size of the first baguette!  I was thinking she should cut it into half.  But no, they served the entire baguette!  No wonder that customer was so happy with his food!

For the next episode, are they changing the venue of the restaurant?

5 hours ago, emmie said:

Love epi 2 though I thought the editing was a little strange given that almost towards the end of epi 1, they have already shown Day one of biz.  But epi 2 starts with the day before that.  Got alittle confused. 

I was amazed at the size of the first baguette!  I was thinking she should cut it into half.  But no, they served the entire baguette!  No wonder that customer was so happy with his food!

For the next episode, are they changing the venue of the restaurant?

Yeah, look like they change the place. 

Here the preview. Kyaaa Shingoo halbae part time worker soooooooooooooooo cute.

4 hours ago, gongi said:

Ohhh so glad I found this thread! I love the Gill islands.. hmm so if I visit the islands, I can go eat at this kitchen? lolz 

The scenery of Gili Islands is simply breathtaking!!

Kudos to NA Pd's team for scouting this pristine place.. I bet lots of Koreans will start to flock to this beautiful beach paradise :wub:

6 hours ago, gongi said:

Ohhh so glad I found this thread! I love the Gill islands.. hmm so if I visit the islands, I can go eat at this kitchen? lolz 

1st shop is not there already. flat out. the 2nd maybe have? Hehehehe.

Ahh, forgot to add. Yumi update her IG with preview ep3 and the illustration. Yumi IG caption for the preview, Gookkaebi, Gooyoomi. Awwwwwwwwww....Shingoo halbae reference...cuteee....

and the new cartoon have the Japanese couple. Recently the man found out Yumi is a famous actress and he comment at her insta, and he so thankful at the illustration since it is their 1st anniversary. :wub:

Part time worker Goo is here....

OMG why so cute~~~

17 hours ago, rubie said:

Published on April 7, 2017 by tvN

YOUN′S KITCHEN 170407 EP.3:

The Restaurant Collapsed & Starting Over

I just saw episode 3.. such a sad scene when the authorities tore down the cafe. Apparently it's part of the beach clean initiative where the authorities wanted cafes and restaurants that were too near the beach to be demolished to make the beaches more accessible to the public. Owners of these impacted establishments were informed around December 2016. http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2017/02/25/buildings-demolished-gili-cleanup-starts.html

Sigh I wonder if Na PD and team were duped to take over this cafe from the former owner.   :astonished: 

Luckily they managed to find an alternative location although it's located at a far flung area of the island so less foot fall. Hence opening day at the new place wasn't great. But from earlier teasers Youn's Kitchen celebrity team managed to turn around the situation :lol: 

Archived