[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] S.C.I. (Special Crime Investigation) SCI谜案集

lavalse

006CBY6ogw1f9o07awp3aj31ds12t4qp.jpg
006CBY6oly1fdm530mts5j31kw11xnbj.jpg

English Title: S.C.I. Special Crime Investigation
Chinese Title: SCI谜案集 (Romanized spelling: SCI Mi An Ji)
Genre: Crime, Mystery, Thriller, Action, Romance
Based On:  SCI Mi An Ji, Vol. 1 by Er Ya (BL novel)
*Mi An Ji literally means The Collection / Journal of Mysterious Cases
Directed by: Shi Lei

Starring:
- Gao Han Yu as Bai Yu Tang
006CBY6oly1fdf7h8qfglj31h00pgncu.jpg
- Ji Xiao Bing as Zhan Zhao
006CBY6oly1fdf7ha2ku8j31h00pg7kw.jpg
- Jiang Long as Bai Chi
006CBY6oly1fdf7hbh8eyj31h00pgh0h.jpg
- Meng A Sai as Zhao Hu
006CBY6oly1fdf7hd5hu1j31h00pgtpt.jpg
- Ma Xiao Jun as Wang Chao
006CBY6oly1fdf7heemdvj31h00pgas4.jpg
- Fan Wei as Gong Sun Ce
- Wang Mei Ren as Bai Jing Tang
- Zhang Fan as Zhao Jue
- Wang Ruo Xuan as Jiang Ping
- Luo Yu Kun as Ma Han
- Hu Xiao Ling as Zhao Zhen
- Ku Ming Wah as Bao Zheng

Broadcast date: 2018
Broadcast network: Youku
Number of episodes: 24
Trailer/Preview:

The "cat & mouse" pairing.
006CBY6oly1fcaui6r2ebj31kw11xe2k.jpg

• 1 year later...

Like "Guardian", this is another drama adapted from a BL novel of same name. Similarity is 2 persons paired up to investigate something. Here is non-fantasy, purely criminal theme. 

Notice recently, China mainland seems to close one eye....even if based on known BL novels and the acting btw the leads hinted at very strong bromance (after some scenes changes, no more obvious BL relationship), as long as the storyline doesn't directly announced as so, it's ok to film and show.

U can find all 24 episodes on youtube but no eng sub....and not much fan clips.

For a quick browse on the 2 leads....probably this short cut below. A bit typical, u get one strict serious char and one carefree char (the more built guy here). The scenes are in sequence, when one nearly drown, the other is worried. Then one wanted to cover the other with his coat, the latter woke up, then the 1st guy pretend he was going to wear back the coat. Then one was demonstrating typical reaction when a guy tried to hold another guy's hand. The end parts are when one moved into the other's house. 

Click bottom right 4th icon to close on-screen comments.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25646424

Zhan Yao 展耀 , the serious looking one (usually in dark clothes) is acted by Ji Xiao Bing 季肖冰, he's in recent drama Here To Heart 温暖的弦.

Bai Yu Tong 白羽瞳 (usually in white clothes) is acted by Gao Han Yu 高瀚宇, he is in the Legend of Fuyao, as the main male char (by Ethan Juan)'s personal guard. 

Ep 1 , no eng sub.

• 2 weeks later...

I binged it this past week and liked it. The bromance is strong, can definitely see the BL lol And the story itself is pretty intriguing (hence the binge....). Acting is decent, in my opinion at least, and production value seems pretty high. Would recommend to anyone who likes watching cute boys (omg they're so cute, yum >.<) solving crimes together :thumbsup:

Just wanted to post the youku link here (linked to the first episode, all 24 eps of season 1 have been released). I think people have also posted on youtube and dailymotion and the like, but it's officially released through youku and boosting the viewings on there will make it more likely for there to be a second season. Not yet eng subbed though.

Spoiler

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzY4Mzg3Mjc1Mg==.html?spm=a2h0j.11185381.listitem_page1.5~A&&s=efbfbd3c7b021defbfbd

• 2 weeks later...
On Fri Jul 13 2018 at 4:57 AM, delixir said:

I binged it this past week and liked it. The bromance is strong, can definitely see the BL lol And the story itself is pretty intriguing (hence the binge....). Acting is decent, in my opinion at least, and production value seems pretty high. Would recommend to anyone who likes watching cute boys (omg they're so cute, yum >.<) solving crimes together :thumbsup:

Just wanted to post the youku link here (linked to the first episode, all 24 eps of season 1 have been released). I think people have also posted on youtube and dailymotion and the like, but it's officially released through youku and boosting the viewings on there will make it more likely for there to be a second season. Not yet eng subbed though.

You mean have Season 2 for this drama?? When release Season 2??

I know...no one is going to sub it?  I'm going to have to ask the girls who video out Guardian...actually the peeps for Guardian if they're willing to take up S.C.I.  It has a happier ending. Guardian has freaking killed me. 

tenor.gif

I watched the whole series raw. The chemistry between the leads is hilarious.

I am so hoping this will get subbed. Only final episode of Guardian to go and after that I'll hit withdrawal and I am hoping SCI could be my new BL show to watch.

Ohhhh it seems from the raw SCI episode 2  that there was a funny/hot bed wrestling scene deleted from it. When you watch the episode you can feel how that scene ends so abruptly, and when the episode itself ends you can see the ng's  and making of videos of the ep, and there we can see that the there was definitely more to that scene.

Does anyone know if the novel this series is based in is being translated to English? Or does anyone have a link to the original Chinese one? I am desperate enough to try read it in google translate, since I want to know what is going on in the series.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Like "Guardian", this is another drama adapted from a BL novel of same name. Similarity is 2 persons paired up to investigate something. Here is non-fantasy, purely criminal theme. 

Notice recently, China mainland seems to close one eye....even if based on known BL novels and the acting btw the leads hinted at very strong bromance (after some scenes changes, no more obvious BL relationship), as long as the storyline doesn't directly announced as so, it's ok to film and show.

U can find all 24 episodes on youtube but no eng sub....and not much fan clips.

For a quick browse on the 2 leads....probably this short cut below. A bit typical, u get one strict serious char and one carefree char (the more built guy here). The scenes are in sequence, when one nearly drown, the other is worried. Then one wanted to cover the other with his coat, the latter woke up, then the 1st guy pretend he was going to wear back the coat. Then one was demonstrating typical reaction when a guy tried to hold another guy's hand. The end parts are when one moved into the other's house. 

Click bottom right 4th icon to close on-screen comments.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25646424

Zhan Yao 展耀 , the serious looking one (usually in dark clothes) is acted by Ji Xiao Bing 季肖冰, he's in recent drama Here To Heart 温暖的弦.

Bai Yu Tong 白羽瞳 (usually in white clothes) is acted by Gao Han Yu 高瀚宇, he is in the Legend of Fuyao, as the main male char (by Ethan Juan)'s personal guard. 

Ep 1 , no eng sub.

U said u can watch all the episodes on YouTube I found some but then it won’t let me watch the rest of them I’m dying here someone please help me

Someone please tell me we’re I can watch all 24 episodes please I’m dying here 

3 minutes ago, kat101 said:

U said u can watch all the episodes on YouTube I found some but then it won’t let me watch the rest of them I’m dying here someone please help me

Someone please tell me we’re I can watch all 24 episodes please I’m dying here 

Maplestage, dailymotion 

Archived