[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legend of Ba Qing 巴清传

sugarplum892

This was one of the dramas I was really looking forward to since last year when Hunan announced they bought the rights to it.  Then Hunan dropped it and Dragon picked it up.  Then the sex scandal with the male lead had things going into chaos, now the tax scandal. 

Things dont look too good for Fan.  Unless this one airs online I dont think any tv station will touch it.  Her Hollywood movie with Bruce Willis that was set to premiere October has been cancelled. Money laundering is the said reason behind the cancellation. 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legend of Ba Qing 巴清传
  • 1 month later...

Well the last rumour said they are still very much together, and will proceed with the wedding plan, however, she is going to withdraw from acting. China is a funny country, anyone who shows support to her might get on the bad side with the government, and they will get into troubles until proven innocence unlike the western world, where you are treated innocent until proven guilty. So it’s understandable why he kept silence.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/11/2018 at 10:37 PM, Alila Nguyen said:

Well the last rumour said they are still very much together, and will proceed with the wedding plan, however, she is going to withdraw from acting. China is a funny country, anyone who shows support to her might get on the bad side with the government, and they will get into troubles until proven innocence unlike the western world, where you are treated innocent until proven guilty. So it’s understandable why he kept silence.

June 2019, her engagement is off.

I saw some posts, where they edit FBB out of the poster. Peng Xiaoran was face of the poster, maybe fan service?? Did they replaced FBB as lead actress, and have Peng Xiaoran as the lead? Peng Xiaoran is in her company, she was the FL in Goodbye My Princess^^? PXR's acting is good, so I don't mind if FBB is out. This drama's plot is interesting, so I hope we will get to see it!!

Rumor has it that the production company is going do reshoots for Fan Bing Bing's part like how Li Chen did for Gao Yun Xiang's role in order to release the drama. Apparently a lot of money has already been sunk onto this project so they're trying to recuperate in any way they can, but it's hard to find a suitable replacement that is willing to take on this role. Supposedly the production company wants an A or at least a B-lister to take the role, but no one of that tier wants to touch this role, so production is still in a limbo. 

Archived