[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legend of Ba Qing 巴清传

sugarplum892

Coming soon...

Details:

Chinese title: 巴清传 / Ba Qing Zhuan
English title: The Legend of Ba Qing

Genre: Modern, Romance

Episodes: 76

Director: Gao Yi Jun (The Empress of China)

Broadcast Period:

Cast:

Fan Bing Bing

Li Chen

Yan Kuan

Ma Su

Synopsis:

The drama chronicles the life of Ba Qing, the wealthiest woman of the Qin Dynasty. She is known to have provided mercury for the first Emperor of China’s mausoleum, and also funded construction works for the Great Wall. She is referred to as the older sister by Ying Zheng, the Emperor of Qin Dynasty and they become involved in a complicated romance.
(Source: wikipedia)

Click here to request a Viki License

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

The Legend of Ba Qing 巴清传 Raw Episodes

The Empress of China 武媚娘传奇 Official Drama Thread

Fan Bingbing Official Soompi Thread

Click here to request a Viki License

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

fan bing bing's goal is like wanting to act all the female historical characters in China lol  i watched the new trailer and it seems like another wu ze tian.  so many similarities like the torture and every male loving her character...no surprise...another historical character made into mary sue lol

photo Win 31.jpg

photo Win 32.jpgphoto Win 35.jpg

photo Win 38.jpg

photo Win 39.jpg

photo Win 34.jpg

photo Win 37.jpg

photo Win 36.jpg

photo Win 40.jpg cr photo Win 33.jpgcr avirtualvoyage

Win the World = The Empress of China 2

I will pass. Once again Fan Bing Bing is a victim of her typecasting scheme and portrays another female role on the rise to ultimate power through a tumultuous voyage of deceit, violence, and triumph. LOL.

11 hours ago, angelangie said:

okie cause i did try to search for it but i couldnt seems to find that the show is premier anywhere as yet?

is it due to the recent restrictions broadcasting rules set by China on period drama?

yeah, i read somewhere that there is a restriction on the number of historical episodes shown within a certain timeframe.  How can there be such a restriction?....whats the 'bad' behind showing 'too much' historical dramas?

Li Chen (Fan Bing Bing's real-life fiance) is the new male lead now.  Since the original male lead is detained in Australia's prison(?) due to his scandal. 

They refilming all the necessary parts with Li Chen as this drama was ready to be shown this summer before the scandal broke out.  Wonder how the scenes will look like in the final product.

• 2 months later...

I can't wait to judge this drama if it ever airs...You would think Fan BingBing learned the first time around when it comes to SARF....Empress of China had to have reshoots because of story lines and costume changes, and on top of the scandal...the story line and costume seems to be way off as well. 

Reasons why this drama is having trouble passing Sarft (or whatever they are called these days):

1. Historical inaccuracies: most importantly, they portrayed the first emperor of China in a very wrong way, to the point that well known history professors personally wrote to Sarft and told them to not air it (professors, convincing essays about the damaging such drama will create to the mind of the youngsters... FBB has a hard case to argue there xD). And yes, hairstyle, costumes, all wrong for the period.

2. China do not like to air drama with actors who have immoral scandals: the main actor, who acted as the first emperor of China, found himself in a rape alleged case, where the victim named him as one of the attackers, currently the case is still in progress even though the victim has now agreed to settle. But Australian law, victim can settle, doesn’t mean you can go scorch free. They are saying this case will go on for at least another 6 months

3. And now FBB finds herself in tax evasion scandals, this is relatively new, however, it might push the drama further back! (I’m not even sure if it’s real, it seems real, but I couldn’t believe it lol)

if you are a fan of FBB, you just need to wait, don’t ask when it will come out, ask whether it will come out lol.

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess we can say the drama has now been postponed indefinitely with the news that leading lady Fan Bingbing has been convicted of tax evasion and ordered to pay a fine of $130 million US dollars. 
http://koalasplayground.com/2018/10/02/china-officially-fines-top-c-actress-fan-bing-bing-us130-million-for-back-taxes-and-penalty-for-tax-evasion/

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes definitely since it had a big impact, she was not seen in the any of the news or wasnt seen at all since the news break out that she was being investigated

Yes. I read at another forum that any type of scandal, including fraud, is very serious to a star's career in mainland China so not surprised that she disappeared from public view once the news broke she was being investigated for tax fraud. Now that she is a convicted felon, I wonder if she will be able to salvage her career or not. Not sure how the public views these types of things in China. I read her fiance has broken off their engagement as a result of the tax fraud scandal. Apparently, he comes from a prominent military family so any hint of scandal is not acceptable, let alone any actual convictions. 

It seems the Chinese government is now cracking down on tax fraud in the entertainment industry according to this article, so it looks like Fan Bing Bing won't be alone:

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/10/04/chinese-tax-authorities-investigating-over-200-stars-paid-more-than-us-2-million-per-project/

Has her engagement really been broken off, or is that just gossip? 

The main reason this got postphoned as long as it did was because it didnt pass SARFT for the historical inaccuracies but the ongoing scandals involving the actors will have this postphone indefinitely.  Hunan bought the broadcasting rights for this back in 2017 but some reason they dropped it and dragon tv picked it up  

On 10/5/2018 at 3:07 PM, leah8 said:

Has her engagement really been broken off, or is that just gossip? 

I read about the broken engagement at another website who said the source was "news reports", so it is gossip. I don't think there has been any official press release from either her or his agencies. @angelangie says there are also reports circulating that they are back together. Guess we'll have to wait and see if anything official is released regarding the relationship. 

8 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I read about the broken engagement at another website who said the source was "news reports", so it is gossip. I don't think there has been any official press release from either her or his agencies. @angelangie says there are also reports circulating that they are back together. Guess we'll have to wait and see if anything official is released regarding the relationship. 

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

one thing for sure she admitted to tax evasion.... so i guess for her to salvage her carrier in China is going to be a drag? and in China they arent lacking of drama to air....since they have so many to pick from

They're still together.  He posted support for her on weibo, but his timing may be a bit off. 

36 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes he stated let go thru this together along that lines

He waited till she only got fined and not convicted behind bars. Smart timing.  Probably should have just stayed quiet if he was going to hide during the whole ordeal when rumors were circulating he dumped her.  

7 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Actually hard to say anything...sometimes it is best to stay low profile at a certain period...not bcos of yourself but also for her sake. 

If not...then we also dont see her other friends come out and say anything.

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

we cant say for sure....this is also in between the 2 of them....

i cant say for sure that he was there all the times for her but just didnt make it public.....or he wasnt there at all for her during this times 

both of them are public figure so it is hard to say anything....

I suppose it's logical to assume he might have his reasons. 

Archived