[Drama 2017] Sweet Enemy / Sweet revenge, 달콤한 원수

0ly40

Just watched episode 71. Sena's definition of love is definitely skewered. Just like Jaewook mentioned, you can't force someone to like you. :o

Writer is definitely moving fast with the plot, and I am liking it. ^_^

Having 2 people (Sunae & Dalnim) ominously telling Sena that she will not be walking down the aisle... I hope it's true :D

giphy.gif

Sunae is badass! B) If Dalnim is great at arm-locking Sena, Sunae has no problem pulling Sena's hair in defence. :tongue:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@yamiyugi - (imagine bowing emoggi) - Once again, you take my breath away with your in depth analysis, insight and devotion to the drama and the readers of this site.  I'm rushed for time now and read only the first part of your post which I will address now and the rest after I read the remainder of your post this afternoon.

I agree with your explanation regarding the definitions of murder and manslaughter.  But there has to be a direct cause between the incident and the death.  For instance, if construction workers fail to secure some equipment and it falls causing a death, that would be negligence and, perhaps, wrongful death.  There is no way DN is guilty of murder--lack of intention.  I would also say the standard for manslaughter isn't met insofar as there is no direct cause between the accident and JH's death.  If JH died of, say, internal bleeding in the brain due to injuries sustained IN THE FALL, that would be manslaughter because of the intention that led indirectly to the death (i.e., the fight that led to the fall from the balcony).  The most that DN should have been charged with is wrongful death and that's a civil, not a criminal, charge.  But a check or the autopsy should have shown that JH died of asphyxiation and that can't be directed back to the fall or to DN.  In that case, the hospital or medical staff responsible for monitoring JH's breathing would be negligent and responsible for her death.

All that said, this is a drama and the death was just a vehicle to get to the rest of the story so I'll just accept that in Korea one can pay off a prosecutor and hospital staff to shift responsibility for a death from where it should be to where it shouldn't but, if I were DN's attorney, when all this is over, I'd file one MAJOR lawsuit against that hospital for negligence, defamation of DN's character and punitive damages.

For now, other than that, "I L-O-V-E JH's friend...."  You go girl!  Fighting!  Also, didn't think DN would find evidence that Fake JH and YR are not related so soon...  This is getting to be fun!

Ciao for now... and thanks, again, @yamiyugi...  :)

wow, the plot is moving fast finally YR finds out the truth about the fake daughter  I was right a fake daughter is a good person though DN did a good job convincing her telling the truth. there is no way Snake can go out of this one YR already knew the blood type is not matching, she knew they hid the real daughter and give her the fake one, SNake can say bye bye to the share she dreamed of , the preview is interesting  YR beating SNake wow I never thought this day come soon 

Omg!!!!   The moment we've been waiting for....YR hauled off and gave SNAke a good smack which resulted to a bloody wound on the forehead.   Now, let's see them talk their way out of this one....and of course they'll certainly try to.  

Presenting a fake daughter and fabricating a fake DNA report.  They would have to say that they knew nothing about the fake DNA test and that it must have been done by fake daughter and that fake daughter is lying now about SNake and her mother being the perpetrators of the crime because she was hired by Dalnim to do this.   Funny if that's what they come up with.

51 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

Loved the preview. Can't wait for tomorrow to view the FULL action. Director Yoon also realised the "mistake" because a Blood Type A mother and a Blood Type O father cannot produced a Blood Type B daughter. Those two vipers should have done some homework.

me too I loved the preview but if it is another dream I am going to be mad at the writer 

39 minutes ago, euraka said:

me too I loved the preview but if it is another dream I am going to be mad at the writer 

If it is a dream I hope its YR's and it's what she really wants to do to SN.  Instead she plays dumb and gives SN some of her own medicine by setting her up to take a big fall.  What YR can do is make sure SN takes the fall alone for the recipe leak.  Director Hyun would go along with YR if it would benefit his agenda. .Of course SN is not going to give those shares back to YR. One thing she can do is to make it so SN has not choice but to start selling them. 

Episode 72 was satisfying. Yes, Byungsoo let it slipped that he looked after Dalnim's mum for 4 years but lied pretty much about everything else. Even Dalnim knew it was fruitless to coerce him to spill the beans and nothing could be trusted from the mouths of team Sena. However, it is already enough to arouse suspicion among team Dalnim. The actively-searching-for-Dalnim's-mum-team-member detective Sunho, already suspects that Sena and Yookyung are hiding something. :)

Also, I love how each members in team Dalnim are actively playing their role to look for Soonhee (Dalnim's mum). Geumsook uses her con skills to get close and retrieve information from Byungsoo, Jaewook hires someone to follow Byungsoo's activity while Sunho kept up with the search ad distribution through his company's medium. Great team! B)

Lastly, I love how Dalnim's compassion for others is being showcased here and there along the series. Previously it was for Mr Song, who eventually opened up, chose to save himself, and sided up with her. Now, it is fortunate that Dalnim discovered Moonjoo's dilemma and tried to help her out.

giphy.gif

This scene broke my heart. Dalnim is such an angel. *sniff sniff*

Omo! The preview for upcoming episode! :D *gets super excited*

Put them in JAIL YR yells....wow!!!!

What story can SNake and her mother weave now that will get them out of jail or keep them from going to jail?   The only way I can't think of is their usual strategy to blame it on Dalnim...that she and fake daughter planned this whole thing together.  

The only hole in that lying story would be that medical technician who faked the test and the one who switched the 2nd DNA test that Chef had done who would have been paid by someone so follow the money trail.  

I'm really looking forward to the episode tonight that will answer the question of what creative  lie will it be this time.  And how stupid and gullible can YR continue to be under these circumstances primarily since her blindness has been fueled by her hatred of Dalnim she has not let herself see the forest for the trees.  I hope this is a game changer!!

@desertflower - Greetings...  I don't see how SN and her mother can blame DN and MJ for the "fake daughter" thing since YR already has the blood test that separately proves MJ isn't her daughter and since DN is the one who brings her the real DNA test.  She's also made the connection between finding her daughter and SN acquiring her Choigo shares.  And they're on their knees which means they got caught doing something wrong.   If anything, SN may try to make the case that she was desperate for YR's shares to shackle SH to her.  I, too, can't wait for tomorrow.  That preview also shows JW finding the butterfly handkerchief and connecting it to one that DN has... so he will shortly make the connection between YR and DN.  Maybe even before week's end...  My hope is that the preview doesn't turn out to be a dream.. I'll jump through the computer screen!  But there's more to come... betrayed restaurant worker is out there looking for revenge on SN, JH's friend back from Canada is out there looking for revenge on SN, JBJ is blabbing all over the place and looking for anyone who will pay him for information... the web is starting to unravel...  What a week!

Will the revelation of SN's deception re MJ be enough to end her marriage plans?  If DN is revealed as the true daughter, is YR going to believe her or will she hate DN for allegedly killing JH.  I was hoping that YR would "adopt" MJ as her daughter since they both seem to need each other.  What I'd like to see shortly is Ruby finding out about DN's relationship with SK and because this was addressed in the last episode, I think its coming soon.  I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for Santa....

I am doing my happy dance right now and wake up my fiance'  as much as I hate YR I am so glad she beat the crap out of the mother and daughter, monster mom fired from the restaurant  as DN said it is only the beginning now SH family know the daughter that SN found is fake but they don't know the details except for the chairwoman,  JW is smart to point out that they must know the real daughter and hid it from YR though when confronted SNake said she used JH fair which land her another slap from YR, at the end of the episode JW figures out that DN is the real daughter, and shocked , I have no idea what he is going to do, from the preview DN and SH found DN's mom, maybe I heard wrong but JW might leave 

After too many overly-slow episodes, looks like the writer is suddenly in a big rush to the end. :D No complaints, though.  I am liking the new quick pace.  After the filiation matter, there are still a few other sub-plots to address:  the real murderer of JH and the death of DN's adoptive father.   I just hope the storyline would still be developed cohesively through the end.

Just like @euraka, I was happy with today's episode if only for the fact that the evil Hongs have finally been unmasked, even if only in part.  They deserve YR's wrath, and more! :angry:  Am curious though what lies SN said to Grandma.  SN said a mouthful when they met. :unsure: 

On the other hand, am sad that it looks like the JW and DN romance would meet its inevitable end by tomorrow.  :( It's quite expected because otherwise, SH would have no room in DN's heart.   The longer JW would be around, the harder it would be to develop  the romance between the two leads.  And it also looks like SH will be the one to lead DN to her missing mother.   What better way to get into DN's heart than be the one to find her mom, right?  

Post script.  Thoughts after watching Ep 73 with subs ---

I didn't expect that JW would consider running away with DN.  From the preview, JW will ask DN to leave with him.  This is even more heartbreaking as it means that JW has really fallen hard for DN.  :bawling:  I know that this was already mentioned by others before, but technically speaking, there is no legal nor moral impediment against their romance because they are not related by blood nor in law because DN is registered under her adoptive parents' family registry.  Maybe, it would have been a different story if they were step siblings who grew up together.  I know am stretching it a bit,  contrary to the usual K-drama formula.  But as I said, JW is just too nice and their circumstances are just too unfortunate.  

Re SN.  I hope YR would keep her threat and make sure SN is fired from Choigo.  :rolleyes:

@Chickpea   That's right I was joking being facetious about the completely ridiculous absurdity of SNake and her mother's lies which are contra to.the evidence and reality yet they still persist in telling them and crazily getting away with it driving me cray cray.

This time it looks like they didn't deny the fraud but probably said they did it for her and not to her.

Am I expecting too much for SHarlock to tell SNake to hit the road,  I don't know what the Chairman said to SNake but it looked like Chairman was surprised that SHarlock called the marriage off or something about the marriage had the Chairman surprised.  Shouldn't the Chairman kick her out of the company and tell her she is not daughter in law material?

Okay after watching the last two episodes call me impressed. The writer is certainly not holding back in regards to the reveals and they are getting exposed real fast. For instance we get introduced to the Fake Daughter and we think that this reveal is going to get dragged around for atleast ten or so episodes before this fact gets revealed to the others or even the Fake Daughter but this isn't the case. In the very next episode after she is introduced to the new family she finds out that she is a fake. Again we could have this plot drag on but Boom in the next episode not only Dalnim figures this out but so does Jae Wook and Yiran as well. :) Not sure though if I should really count my chickens before they all hatch though. I mean we still have like 48 episodes or so still to go assuming that this is a 120 episode show and barring we don't get any extensions or is this one of the 100 episode show. Don't watch any of these long shows other than they show on KBS World since that is the only Chanel that I do have. Anything else is watched online and surprisingly have never managed to finish any of those other shows. So beg my ignorance in this department. As it is this reveal took its time to come. The only thing that I didn't like about the reveal when Dalnim figured out the truth it was her going before Yiran and Jae Wook with said evidence. I frankly think that it would have been better if Moon Joo herself came forward and admitted it. Atleast with Jae Wook I can give her a pass but not when it comes to Yiran. I think that she made a mistake in that regard. Yiran literally hates her and that hate is going to cloud her better judgement as usual. She is going to be wondering what Dalnim's angle could be in all of this. On the other hand if Moon Joo came to her on her own she might have been more receptive. Then again the preview for the next episode looks to be promising. :) Though knowing Team Evil they will somehow manage to find a way to wrigle out of this one to.

Also if the next preview is true and not a dream from Team Evil then I am impressed once again by Yiran and how she managed to control her temper till then by even pretending to give her shares to SNake before going all out on them Earlier versions of Yiran would have confronted SNake and family right away and wouldn't put on such a charade. Can Yiran possible be growing as a character. Is that to much to ask for at this point?

@dynamo14 I also like Dalnims' compassion and how it manages to win over people most of the time unless you are totally tainted and corrupted by Team Evil especially by spending to much time with them. Moon Joo was fortunate that she didn't spend to much quality time with any member of them including the Witness for a prolonged exposure that Dalnim was able to convince her to come clean though it was a close shot. But we still have to see how long she will be around the side of the Angels. The one thing that we know that Team Evil is quite good at is manipulating people and their surroundings for maximum effect. Sure they managed to take a hit when they brought in Moon Joo and she was able to get back at them sort of. But knowing Team Evil it would have been a short defeat as they would have eventually been able to find something to use against her and remake her as their puppet. For instance even if the game is up they still have an ace up their sleeves. In this case they know the real identity of the Yiran's daughter and they can use this against her. For instance they can finally reveal to her that she only helped Dalnim who is the real daughter and now Dalnim is going to take back her rightful place and all. If she had continued to be on their side and not Dalnim's she could have it all. This might make her join their side once more but frankly I hope that she has fully shifted to Team Dalnim. This would be a serious blow for Team Evil. They are slowly losing control of all the players on their field. The witness is starting to slip up and now with a bit more of pressure he will eventually crack. Not only that this team is starting to fragment even further. If we start to look at their Evil Meter and give it a ranking of to being the most evil to zero being starting from Sainthood SNake clearly needs to be categorized as a level 18. Yes she Shatters All Limits. :) You Kyung her mother takes a 9, followed by Yiran at a 7.5 and SKunk at 6.5 to 7. Why such rankings for the others is that they can sort of be excused for their actions but clearly not SNake. Yiran doesn't get such a high score because it shows that while she can easily be vindictive towards others she can also be easily manipulated by others around her. This means that most of her actions were done because she was fooled and manipulated by the other members of Team Evil that directed her towards Dalnim while covering their own tracks. The rest she is doing out of grief of losing her daughter. Meaning another child of hers and wants to avenge them. On the other hand if she used some brains of hers she would eventually realize just how much she was being played by Team Evil. SKunk is clearly on the Evil Meter because of his greed and support his family in their evil deeds. Not only did he let the woman he was in a relationship for many years take the fall for his sisters actions but she was also pregnant with his future child. On top of all that he ditches her for a better and comfortable life with his current wife. But he maintains his spot there because he continues to support the rest of his family and their wrong doings. He doesn't have much of an excuse. His mother on the other hand is more evil than him and Yiran because she prioritizes her family first and doesn't care about the suffering anyone else will have to go through if they get to avoid it. On one hand it is understandable that she doesn't want her own children to suffer like she did and wants them to walk a path of roses but it shouldn't be at the expense of others. Karma already gave her a dose of this when thanks to her actions she ended up loosing her own future grandchild unfortunately for her she didn't learn anything from that. Even now she helps her own daughter and her evil plans. SKunk also has another thing in his favour at the moment for being lower than the rest of his family members in the sense that he isn't so evil as the rest of them that he is usually shocked to learn all that they have done and he isn't all that strong willed to have gone along with said plans and thus they have to hide it from him till he finds out. He only goes along with said plans then because he realizes that he is in to deep to get out cleanly but even then he tries to do little good deeds of sorts such as trying to let Dalnim's mother get a glimpse of her daughter. Not sure how that would have helped since she clearly couldn't remember anything at this point. Perhaps he really was trying to let mother and daughter actually meet before he freaked out when she recognized him and thus changed his mind after realizing the danger that would place him and his family.

But this isn't the reason why I think that Team Evil will eventually end up fracturing. We have already seen just how far SNake will go through to get Sun Ho. This includes shares of his company to pressure him and when she is told about this point by others she goes that she is simply protecting her love by any means necessary. Also if Jae Wook were to let go of Dalnim this would simply mean that he didn't love her enough. Yep she really is crazy to even bring that up. She knows full well the real reason why those two can't be together but even if that wasn't the case that statement of her protecting her love by any means could easily be seen as an admission as to her hurting Jahee. Granted it would never be admissible in court but that is another story altogether. Still one needs to further look at her statement of using any means necessary. She threatened Sun Ho to reveal to his family about her own brothers past with Dalnim. This goes to show that she is even willing to sell out her family to get what she wants. Showing us just how scary and manipulative she can be. Also one has to even consider all that her family has already done to help her out and she can let all that go to get what she wants. That is another reason why she is so high on the Evil Meter. Lets already look at all the family members have done or are doing for her. 1. Her mother ended up killing Jahee. Yes we know that she died because SNake prevented her from getting her mask on to help her breathe after Jahees' accident and all. But she was about to give it back to her even if it meant her lies would be exposed. But her mother entered at that moment and prevented her from doing so. This makes You Kyung more of a murderer in my book that SNake herself. Will she sell her mother out to get out of this mess. Then on 2. We have all that SKunk has been doing for her. Faking the blackbox footage by replacing it with the one he had in his own car. 3. Stealing money from the company to give it to her so that she could get shares from Yiran, 4. Going along with the lie that Moon Joo is the real daughter are just a few of the things that he has done for her already. Any of them could lead him into major trouble and SNake could easily report him if it will mean that some of the heat will be removed from her and people look in the other direction to allow her some breathing room. Not only that but if the next episode preview is indeed fact and she won't be getting those shares she has really messed up her brothers life once again. She managed to convince him to dip into his severance pay to pay of his blackmailer friend because she was about to get those shares from Yiran. Unfortunately if that isn't going to happen because she counted her chickens to early before they hatched it will place him in a bad situation and worse if his wife finds out about this. Meaning that he will need to do more corrupt things to get back that money or so. The best thing for him to do at this point would be to cover his own tracks so to speak by having some kind of incriminating evidence against SNake pointing that he did everything under her orders.  In other words he should guard his back from the eventful backstabbing that he is sure to recieve from his sister. Plus if this means more of Team Evil Turning on each other I will be all for that. :)

@euraka so that is the excuse that SNake came up with using Jahee's hair. Surprisingly I was going for that if as well if they hadn't discovered Dalnim so soon. As it would the only way to pull it of at that time and Yiran really makes said case so easy since she has been keeping Jahees room in the exact same condition. In that case it would have been a simple matter for one of them (You kyung or Snake to go and grab a brush of Jahee's from the room for a sample.) It was also the only reasonable excuse that they could come up with in such a short notice since the only other option would mean that they would have to reveal the fact that Dalnim was her long lost daughter and that would mean that she would bring down hell on them. But this also goes to show just how resourceful and and quick they are to get out of this mess as well.

@Chickpea I doubt that Yiran is going to blame Dalnim for killing Jahee if she were to find out that she is her real daughter. But then again it depends on how much she is still influenced by Team Evil. For instance if she still influenced then they may come up with some kind of story to further paint Dalnim in a negative light or how she might be doing so because she was jealous of rich people or something. Other than that she should be more open minded after all that Team Evil has been doing and Dalnim should further point out what they have done to make not only her suffer for all this time but that they may indeed be the ones responsible for Jahees death. Once those two team up then Team Evil is going to be in major trouble. Then again like we say there are a whole lot more stories to follow. In regards to Moon Joo it would be nice if she can stick around for some more time. I guess a good consolation prize for her would be to marry Jae Wook. This way she can continue to live a comfortable life as well as be close to her new family. This is also a way for Jae Wook to move on and not only that she gets to have a sister like Dalnim and a cool husband as Jae Wook. But for this Jae Wook needs to move on from Dalnim which is going to be hard. I know that as @mel22 currently pointed out that Dalnim and Jae Wook aren't legaly connected to each other since they are under different family registers and all but how long will that last. This would further mean that Yiran will never get to know her daugter properly and not only that we have seen from her actions with Moon Joo that she wanted to add her to the family register once she found her. That would mean that she would want to do the same with Dalnim as well. Granted it will be a different matter since Dalnim isn't all that interested in her and is searching for her adopted mother so she might not be so willing. So Jae Wook asking Dalnim to leave with him isn't exactly fair on Yiran now is it. He saw exactly how happy his mother was to meet her long lost daughter and if he knows who she is then isn't he doing the same thing Team Evil is doing as well though it isn't fully for evil purposes.

Wait I just realized something SNake and company claimed that they could pull the fake daughter scam on Yiran because of a sample from Jahee's hair. That may explain how they did it once but fooled the test twice. That should raise red flags for Yiran and company. To bad none of them is to smart to figure this out.

Other things that we want to see is the return of Minion. Hope that they haven't written her out fully and then we have to have the incident regarding the recipe leak cleared up as well. Meaning the Noodle Owners Son has to confess to receiving the recipe from Director Hyun. It will then be interesting to see how that plays out. The Director most probably will threaten or reveal the case of Dalnims' fathers death and ofcourse the return of Dalnims mother and her name finally being cleared up. Do we even have enough episodes for all that.

anyway going to get back to work so will add to my post later on. Sorry for the rush. So till then take care all of you and keep posting. :)

What an awesome episode!!! I loved how YR went to YK and SN, but hated her ugly words to DN. The woman is so consumed thinking that someone does something to get something (which tells you a lot about YR) that she can't for one moment just say thank you to DN for revealing the truth. All I thought was Lady, your words to DN will replay in your head later! Every hateful gesture or nasty word she has said to DN will play back in her mind when its found out that DN is the real daughter.

SH,SH, SH ... what can I say about this guy. Once he learns of what SN did why on earth would he give her a chance to tell the truth to his grandmother. At what point has SN ever did the right thing and told the full truth without any twist? And just as I thought she goes right in to give some sad story to his grandmother about why she did this crime because SH is pulling away, does not want to marry her, and suspects her of the recipe leak. But in another breath she told SH that she did nothing wrong (telling DN the same in the hall at the restaurant) that she did what she did to get him to love her. Let me just say it again, if you have to go to such lengths to get someone to love or even like you then that person is not the one for you.  SN knows that she has never had SH's love or like past a friend. As SH told her himself he has given her enough chances basically to move his heart towards her and it has not worked so she should stop. Of course we know that crazy will not stop for the simple reason that she has come to far, done too much and is crazy as heck to let go what she attributes to putting too much time and effort in to trying to get him. Since she still will not let go something is going to happen at that wedding to make her have to let go.

These people still can't see how miserable SH is and I find it funny how his grandmother says why all of a sudden is SH saying he does not want to marry SN. SH has been telling this woman from the beginning that they were rushing things and that he is not into SN in that way. But his grandmother is not listening and only wants this marriage for the company and at those shares that SN would have gotten not that SN would have gave those to them. SN would have made sure to hold on to those to use as leverage to be able to control them. That is why I did not understand how Ruby could be so dense as to be happy and excited for SN to be getting the stocks making her the major stock holder giving her some taste of power which is what SN craves.

I just love DN telling SN that she will not let her step into JH's place. It is clear as glass that it is exactly what her intentions were. Unfortunately that has blown up with YR finding out what they did. YK loosing her job is not enough payment for that evil deed of putting in a fake daughter. Being on her knees is not enough to make up for lying and trying to profit from those shares SN was trying to get. YR should have had them dragged out to jail for sure.

SN and YK telling that lie that they used JH's hair for the sample was stupid. Now that JW realizes that DN is the possible daughter I want to think he will do his own DNA test to prove it. Of course we know it will turn out positive and he will really be thrown for a loop. His first thought is to take DN and run. Something may stop him even though he knows he will loose DN if the truth comes out. I too can see him leaving for a time in order to put his feelings in order.

SN does not want DN to be found as the daughter because a. she will end up where SN always wanted to be. b. have YR start to listen to DN about not killing JH thus making people start to re-examine what could have happened leading right back to SN.What they are doing is very cruel and payment for their actions will be due at the end. YK has to either loose her daughter to pay for DN going to jail and covering up SN hurting and killing JH. But SN has to pay a price for taking a life and ruining another. She either has to loose her own mother to realize what she did in hiding DN's mother or she has to loose her brother.

I hope this is not the end of YR's revenge on SN for what she did. YR has had not sympathy for anyone and giving SN a break means that she is going a bit soft. I want YR to release that it was SN who did the leak and ruin everything for her. YR said to her that she should not think she will be marrying SH.

Sena getting beaten up today was the best thing to watch in the morning!  

But why the grandmother didn't immediately end the engagement after hearing what she did is beyond me, especially after hearing that Sunho wanted out of the marriage.  

5 hours ago, desertflower said:

@Chickpea   That's right I was joking being facetious about the completely ridiculous absurdity of SNake and her mother's lies which are contra to.the evidence and reality yet they still persist in telling them and crazily getting away with it driving me cray cray.

This time it looks like they didn't deny the fraud but probably said they did it for her and not to her.

Am I expecting too much for SHarlock to tell SNake to hit the road,  I don't know what the Chairman said to SNake but it looked like Chairman was surprised that SHarlock called the marriage off or something about the marriage had the Chairman surprised.  Shouldn't the Chairman kick her out of the company and tell her she is not daughter in law material?

I do not know what is wrong with people in kdrama.  When they really should act unilaterally, they don't do a thing! 

@Ldy Gmerm It doesn't matter who or what SNake loses, she will never understand that she did the wrong thing.  She is a sociopath.

Archived