[Drama 2017] Return of Bok Dan Ji, 돌아온 복단지, Many Thanks for all your comments and support.

0ly40

I think MG figures out SH might be his son, DJ seem too naive for my test all the clues are right in front of her and yet she can't  notice , i was so angry when MG is yelling at DJ , the thing is his sorry become like a broken record, more like childish  in my class (my 3-4 years old ) do the same thing they will say sorry and do the same thing after 5 min because, to begin with they don't know why they are sorry and what they did wrong, MG is the same  every time he tells DJ sorry  and I promise I will make you happy next thing you know he will do the same thing  it becomes vicious cycle  i wish there will be sub 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MG reaction during dinner is rude I know he wants to hide their relationship but he make it obvious he received a pro bono surgery so what it the big deal, knowing how DJ is grateful towards SJ and  embarrass his wife doesn't change the fact, I start hating his character 

MG finds out that HS scholarship is from SJ wow I feel sorry for him, I might be wrong but he did figure out that SH might be his son 

Spoiler

I am surprised why they are not subbing this drama.  Many on Disqus and else where are talking about it.  Even though we can understand what is happening in a gist, I think the subs are important and likely add a lot of conversation to the thread.  This drama is in the time slot of Person who gives happiness and the subber of that drama was also pretty late (don't want to use any derogatory  words) in subbing.  But this has already at ep 13, and wish some one would sub this drama.  

The two sets of Leads and their wives and kids - what a tangled web we weave.....

MG really doesn't deserve DJ love every time i saw her treating him with such love and care it really upset me , SH has instinctively bond with his bio father even though he loves JW so much 

sorry i was late to post today's video clips here they are 

Spoiler

SJ showed her claws to DJ in today's episode and the sister in law confronted DJ on what her relationship is with both JW and SJ which leads to DJ biding JW goodbye and she won't be looking after SH since he is not going to come to school anyway he brought a gift for HS and they shook hands and smile at each other and that being noticed by both MG and SJ , I feel really sorry for DJ once the truth hit the fan she will be the one who will be hurt the most 

What I can't understand is why SJ would even dare to be nasty to DJ. This woman has done nothing to her. DJ did not tell her to sleep with MG 8 years ago. She did not tell her to continue to meeting her husband after both of them broke up and have married others. DJ did not tell her to try to keep the half siblings apart or to dare to be upset about JW and DJ being friends. The blame lies all on SJ and MG and the tangled web they have weaved.

SJ should never have slept with MG when they have broken off and she never should have kept child. SJ brings JW into her mess and the ones hurt the most when things do blow up are going to be DJ and JW. I can't stand SJ this is her mess that DJ and JW are in the middle of and neither of them know a thing.

Why does the sister in law care what the relationship is between DJ and JW. Anyone can see really its innocent. She needs to be worrying about her own husband because doesn't he have a mistress or is a womanizer?

The shocked expressions on SJ and MG's face at seeing DJ and JW bid farewell and shake hands was ludicrous after the way these two have been meeting and carrying on and stayed out all night together.

Frankly what I am waiting for is the moment that MG gets out of DJ's life for good and JW ends up being tricked and kicked out too. It sad that both of them will end up hurt by the actions of others. But they are survivors and will end up all the better for those selfish and toxic people being out of their lives later.

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

What I can't understand is why SJ would even dare to be nasty to DJ. This woman has done nothing to her. DJ did not tell her to sleep with MG 8 years ago. She did not tell her to continue to meeting her husband after both of them broke up and have married others. DJ did not tell her to try to keep the half siblings apart or to dare to be upset about JW and DJ being friends. The blame lies all on SJ and MG and the tangled web they have weaved.

SJ should never have slept with MG when they have broken off and she never should have kept child. SJ brings JW into her mess and the ones hurt the most when things do blow up are going to be DJ and JW. I can't stand SJ this is her mess that DJ and JW are in the middle of and neither of them know a thing.

Why does the sister in law care what the relationship is between DJ and JW. Anyone can see really its innocent. She needs to be worrying about her own husband because doesn't he have a mistress or is a womanizer?

The shocked expressions on SJ and MG's face at seeing DJ and JW bid farewell and shake hands was ludicrous after the way these two have been meeting and carrying on and stayed out all night together.

Frankly what I am waiting for is the moment that MG gets out of DJ's life for good and JW ends up being tricked and kicked out too. It sad that both of them will end up hurt by the actions of others. But they are survivors and will end up all the better for those selfish and toxic people being out of their lives later.

After being pregnant with a guy who she was not going to marry, why the heck did she even keep the child.  She loves him and he loves her, and both have the audacity to look and taunt the other two partners who are friends / innocent bystanders in this tangled web that SJ has weaved.  That mother of hers is something.  Since I don't understand the complete conversations ( @jayakris - where are you when we need translations), I keep wondering what this hate relationship is.  And that bodyguard, he needs to be kicked of in the You know where kind.  I think MG figured out that the SJ's son was his.  

The sister in law is a trouble maker since her husband is a womanizer and unwanted by the parents (in a manner of sense - no credibility).  But there is another brother who came back who knows DJ and has been hanging out with him.  Looks like he is liked by the parents.    Have to wait and see how that relationship unfolds.  

The two couples need to go through a separation phase and as someone said, the one who loves more loses more.  So, it will be the partners of MG and SJ who will lose more since their love was only one way.  Waiting for that to happen.

Why is MBC not subbing this.  It is already more than 3 weeks.  It would be nice to discuss things after seeing the subbed versions.  

Are there anyone one on the list who can contribute to translations during that period?

My guess is SJ kept the baby because it was a part of the man she loved. The problem with that is the man was still alive and married in another part of town. What happens if this is exposed to the man, his family (to include his wife and child and father), her child or her husband ? That is why I said it was a selfish decision. Was she planning to present the boy to the man and have him leave his wife and she leave her husband? OF course she would not the scandal! Innocent people are in this because of what she did. Her helping from the background only created more issues.

It's one thing to have had the child and he knows and sees his son but they just could not be together and all parties know are are ok. It's quite another to have had his child when she saw him with that woman 8 years ago.Then to meet and be together now still holding on to feelings that will hurt others!  I guess no ones love or feelings matter but her and his own and she hoped the man would not find out but fate made sure that both kids found one another and now the adults have mingled.

For me both SJ and MG are in the wrong. Frankly they should just divorce the people they have in their lives and be together for however long MG may have. (As I typed this all of a sudden I wonder if someone will do something to MG to get him away from SJ or will he die from his health.) But SJ can't due to her mother , that company and her father.

I have seen the other son and I see he keeps having run ins with someone in MG's family the reporter woman. I wonder if there will be a relationship for them later once MG is out of the picture.

The sad part is DJ and JW are not at fault for the actions of SJ and MG but they will be the ones who will end up betrayed and suffer from them.

I do not understand either why this drama is being passed over for subbing.. I hope it changes though.

31 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

It's one thing to have had the child and he knows and sees his son but they just could not be together and all parties know are are ok. It's quite another to have had his child when she saw him with that woman 8 years ago.Then to meet and be together now still holding on to feelings that will hurt others!  I guess no ones love or feelings matter but her and his own and she hoped the man would not find out but fate made sure that both kids found one another and now the adults have mingled.

I do not understand either why this drama is being passed over for subbing.. I hope it changes though.

She is definitely a selfish jerk.  She did not consider the consequences to MG 's wife or to her husband. Either the child will cause this rift once he also knows about his father and half sister as he seems to be good friends with her.  Or, he will be sent far away by his mom and grandma (beegu) and come back when he turns into an adult and fall in love with his half sister.  

32 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

For me both SJ and MG are in the wrong. Frankly if they should just divorce the people they have in their lives and be together for however long MG may have. (As I typed this all of a sudden I wonder if someone will do something to MG to get him away from SJ or will he die from his health.) But SJ can't due to her mother , that company and her father.

You are so right.  I think the mother will do something to MG and he will probably die due to it (which might be broadcasted as death by his disease ) and that might cause SJ to move far away with her son.  In the mean while, SJ's husband would lose everything and fall in love with DJ and his daughter and get back on his feet.  

@stroppyse thanks for the trans of the preview.

How selfish is MG? What does knowing that boy is his son get him? He still has a wife and daughter around the same age (which only tells others that he slept with that woman around the time he was about to be married to his wife.) who turns out to be friends with the child. How hurt will his wife and daughter be to know he has a child out of wedlock. But think about the child how hurt will the boy be to be ripped from the only father he knows JW and finds out that man is not his father.

MG is just like SJ and I can see why they loved each other so much. They have no care of how their actions will affect others and continue on until people are hurt by their choices. So what happens when he says something that makes JW realize that child is not his or points out who the boys real father is if JW knew the child was not his?

I too think MG's running around will cause someone to hurt him to shut him up and get rid of him. Its the only way to stop the scandal he will let out if the truth of who that boys father comes out. Especially if SJ's sister in law finds out.

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think I'm going to watch another daily drama for awhile, especially one that is guaranteed to have tears and angst in it. However, if it's of any help to people on this thread, I'm happy to provide translations for previews when I can if someone will post the preview to the thread. So, this is for the preview to episode 16 that @euraka posted earlier with a translation underneath. 

Dan Ji to MG: Whatever happens to you, darling, I believe in you. It’s okay if I believe you, right?
Min Gyu to SJ:Why is your husband meeting my wife? I and Sung Hyun…
Seo Jin to MG: Sung Hyun, no matter what anyone says, is the son of Han Jung Wook. 
Min Gyu to SJ: I guess there is no other way than for me to find out directly for myself. 
Dal Sook: Isn’t Son-in-law Oh (MG) a little strange? 
Hye Sook to MG: Where do you think you are to raise a ruckus?
Min Gyu to HS: The issue of Sung Hyun and me. Does Han Jung Wook also know?
Jung Wook to MG: I thought I saw you earlier at my mother’s store. Why did you evade me then? Did you have something to say? 
Min Gyu to JW: I have something to ask you. 

@stroppyse - we would truly appreciate that - at least till they start subbing the episodes.  Thank you very much for your help.

Finally, MBC Global Media release  the English version of Synopsis and character description 

Synopsis

There is one parent who stands out as an exception in the posh Gangnam neighborhood and her name is Bok Dang- ji. She moved to Gangnam and lives paycheck to paycheck and believes that she is blessed like Cinderella because the man she married was someone she had a crush on. Then she meets a prosecutor who has a privileged life and a lot in common with her. He was born poor but reached the wealthy elite class through sheer determination. His name is Han Jung-wook. But one day, they both find their lives spiraling downward. This show revolves around Bok Dan-ji, a Gangnam mom, and Han Jung-wook, who is rudely knocked off his perch as a member of the wealthy elite, whereupon they gradually develop a relationship and find true love.

Character description 

Bok Dan-ji - Starring Kang Sung-yeon
She works as a bus driver for cram schools. She’s a believer that happiness comes from forming close relationships within the community and having good health instead of having a successful career. Though she supports her family by working part-time jobs, she is as happy as Cinderella when she met her prince because she has a happy family. Then her life changes after she meets a rich parent in Gangnam, where she works and lives to make a living. He is Han Jung-wook and his son is enrolled in the cram school where she works as a bus driver. After meeting him, she faces all sorts of troublesome and awkward incidents.

Han Jung-wook – Starring Go Se-won
A former prosecutor who is the CEO of JS Foods and in charge of business development. He was recognized by his father-in-law for his management skills and gets promoted to the top company job but he is stressed about his failing marriage. Then one day, he met bus driver Dan-ji who ferries his son to cram school after school. While talking to her, he realizes that his marriage is fake and his life is in shambles. One day, he suffers a grossly unfair treatment that ruins his life. But Dan-ji holds the truth that could prove his innocence and let him regain custody of his son so he seeks her out.

Park Seo-jin - Starring Song Seon-mi
Jung-wook’s wife. Eldest daughter of the founder of the Jooshin Group and CEO of JS Food, a Jooshin Group subsidiary. Not only is she a proven astute manager but she is also a sophisticated lady. To get over her breakup with Min-gyu, she chooses to marry Han Jung-wook. Fortunately, their marriage had few problems, and Jung-wook proved himself to be a good husband, son-in-law and dad. But their marriage was perfect in a way that it felt superficial to her. Then one day, she met her ex-boyfriend Min-gyu and they spent a passionate night together but then she tries hard to not wreck his marriage.

Oh Min-gyu - Starring Lee Pil-mo
Dan-ji’s husband. After breaking up with his sweetheart Seo-jin, he was brokenhearted and moved to a slum neighborhood, where Bok Dan-ji welcomed him warmly. He reluctantly married her as it was the best option at the time. Though he cannot figure out if he loves his wife, he is sincere in his gratitude towards her as his partner and resolves to be loyal to her. But after meeting Seo-jin one day by coincidence, he finds out that she had assisted him a lot behind the scenes in his business. To stay faithful to his wife, he tries to suppress his emotions for her but when they spend a fateful night together, it makes him riddled with guilt.

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think I'm going to watch another daily drama for awhile, especially one that is guaranteed to have tears and angst in it. However, if it's of any help to people on this thread, I'm happy to provide translations for previews when I can if someone will post the preview to the thread.

@stroppyse Thanks dear for offering to translate I really appreciate that and i will keep on posting the preview when they are available 

oh my God is MG going to die if it is tragic I don't want him to die , I wish SJ mom get her punishment for all pain she inflicted on innocent people as I said it is a wish since all daily dramas end suck it might be the same for this on so from the start I lowered my expectation 

Here is the preview @stroppyse and thank you so much for taking the time to do this:)

video cuts from today's episode

Spoiler

On 08/06/2017 at 9:46 PM, stroppyse said:

Translation of preview for episode 17.

Seo Jin: Min Gyu! Min Gyu!
Jae Jin: Go quickly! Please!
Hye Sook: Don’t try to do anything about Oh Min Gyu. Just tell him to get Seo Jin away from there quickly. 
Dan Ji: Please save him. Save him. 
Doctor: It’s too late for treatment. If only he had been discovered a little earlier. 
Dan Ji: How could that be? Husband. (banging on OR doors) Husband!

Wait. Is MG dying? Surely not so quickly? I thought LPM was one of the leads of this show? Or will he recover, but then have a tragic arc? Why does HS dislike him so much anyway? Just for being poor and having the nerve to love her daughter? *sigh* Yep, it's another daily that is convoluted and probably will make less and less sense with time and number of episodes. :) 

Many thanks @stroppyse for the translation. It's a pleasure see you here. Please help us to understand what's going on in this series, because there isn't any episode with subs yet and it seems interesting story. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Wait. Is MG dying? Surely not so quickly? I thought LPM was one of the leads of this show? Or will he recover, but then have a tragic arc? Why does HS dislike him so much anyway? Just for being poor and having the nerve to love her daughter? *sigh* Yep, it's another daily that is convoluted and probably will make less and less sense with time and number of episodes.

@stroppyse Thanks for the translation , yes i couldn't understand SJ mom for hating MG this much , the thing is MG family were not that poor but not as rich as SJ family , till SJ mom ruin the father business 

Archived