[Drama 2017] Return of Bok Dan Ji, 돌아온 복단지, Many Thanks for all your comments and support.

0ly40

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the previews had me confused better not watch it and wait for the show to be subbed. What I don't get is Pil Mo's relationship with the woman who got married and also his relationship with the other girl who he marries ....I cannot understand how that works he is seeing two women or is there a time difference?

I wish this drama was subbed as well, but being a daily drama - I doubt it, I hoping a subbing site will pick it up soon. 

I don't think I can keep up with the daily episodes, As of now I'm only watching clips of Lee Pil Mo's scenes and I get where they are going with the story. DJ marrying MG will only bring trouble from SJ and her mom. 

I'm just lost with the relationships in this drama - well its only the first week. 

Does MG love DJ now? - they do have a daughter together. I don't want MG to end up with SJ, I would like them to move on - its not a healthy relationship in my opinion. 

I'm also curious about how JW will fall in love with DJ like the summary says! 

enough rambling - Here is the character map from the mbc website.

img-cast.jpg

3 hours ago, papermall said:

Does MG love DJ now? - they do have a daughter together. I don't want MG to end up with SJ, I would like them to move on - its not a healthy relationship in my opinion. 

@papermall I don't think MG loves DJ true he likes her but he is more grateful than love, after all, she saved his life she gave him part of her liver or one of her kidneys I am not sure which one we need translation for that,, I had a feeling that the boy is not SJ and JW son but SJ and MG from their passionate night before both of them married 

14 hours ago, hyall said:

All the previews had me confused better not watch it and wait for the show to be subbed. What I don't get is Pil Mo's relationship with the woman who got married and also his relationship with the other girl who he marries ....I cannot understand how that works he is seeing two women or is there a time difference?

@hyall there is a time difference  MG is in love with SJ and vice-versa but her mom is not approving their relationship and ruin his father business, so they broke up however they can't forget each other and from time to time they meet the last time they met was 8 years ago before both of married the other people, MG married DJ because that is the only way to save his father from going to jail, besides she loves him so it is a perfect setup , SJ married JW because her father insists and to protect her he was a powerful prosecutor on the top of that he harbors one side crash, in conclusion, JW and DJ kind of the same they marry their partners knowing they don't reciprocate their love  

JW married life is miserable the only source happiness he has is with his son and soon that will shatter when the truth comes out he is not his the mother in- law is too much, to throw the food his mother made but he choose that life fully aware of the consequence, MG and DJ seems to have a happy marriage and he treats her well but in the preview we can see he is still very much in love with SJ and that upset me a bit.

all the OTP encounter is not pleasant I wonder how they are going to fall in love 

Preview

I wish they were subbing this drama. Perhaps they will once a few others end in the next week or two. I think SJ's little boy is MG's as well from the night they had when DJ was trying to save his father and her family was still not allowing them to be together. From the last episode I do not think it will take long for JW to realize that the boy may not be his. Whether he chooses to have that suspicion and confirms it or something happens and he finds out I am not sure. But I do know that JW and DJ made the worst mistake in marrying the people they did. DJ knew from the beginning that MG had another in his heart but she loved him so she married him.  Eight years have passed and we still see that MG and SJ are still into one another. SJ still seems to be a very spoiled woman to me and does not listen. She brings trouble to MG but then he is just as bad as well. He should not have been at her house at the end of the episode and she should not have been taking that boy to the gate as well.

I keep wondering how JW will end up divorced from SJ. Will MG and SJ decide to throw caution and the people who supported them and loved them away and be together? Does JW loose everything and have to start over and that is how?

22 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I wish they were subbing this drama. Perhaps they will once a few others end in the next week or two. I think SJ's little boy is MG's as well from the night they had when DJ was trying to save his father and her family was still not allowing them to be together. From the last episode I do not think it will take long for JW to realize that the boy may not be his. Whether he chooses to have that suspicion and confirms it or something happens and he finds out I am not sure. But I do know that JW and DJ made the worst mistake in marrying the people they did. DJ knew from the beginning that MG had another in his heart but she loved him so she married him.  Eight years have passed and we still see that MG and SJ are still into one another. SJ still seems to be a very spoiled woman to me and does not listen. She brings trouble to MG but then he is just as bad as well. He should not have been at her house at the end of the episode and she should not have been taking that boy to the gate as well.

I keep wondering how JW will end up divorced from SJ. Will MG and SJ decide to throw caution and the people who supported them and loved them away and be together? Does JW loose everything and have to start over and that is how?

@Ldy Gmerm dear I am glad to read your comment it starts getting lonely the thread is so quiet ,I am also wondering how DJ&JW fall in love all their meeting was not pleasant it seems they get the worst out of each other

2 minutes ago, euraka said:

@Ldy Gmerm dear I am glad to read your comment it starts getting lonely the thread is so quiet ,I am also wondering how DJ&JW fall in love all their meeting was not pleasant it seems they get the worst out of each other

Like most OTP's we see in the drama's the leads always tend to run into one another accidentally and seem to clash until they grudgingly fall i law with one another. I am wondering if  SJ and MG run away together or cause a scandal that will hurt DJ and JW and a few years later we are at a point where DJ and JW meet again. It seems he falls from his station maybe (IF we take what the synopsis says then he ends up falling from his position or being betrayed in some way.) and ends up falling in love with our lead lady DJ after a lot of run ins with one another.

I guess DJ and JW will end up clashing and clashing and then very hurt by whatever happens with SJ and MG. Given that MG was sick and had surgery before I wonder if he will end up dying and that is how his part comes out.. maybe not given how much of a big name Lee Pil MO is I can't see him dying in this drama prolly more like he ditches DJ and goes to be with SJ and his son over her and his daughter.

On 5/18/2017 at 11:14 PM, euraka said:

@papermall I don't think MG loves DJ true he likes her but he is more grateful than love, after all, she saved his life she gave him part of her liver or one of her kidneys I am not sure which one we need translation for that,, I had a feeling that the boy is not SJ and JW son but SJ and MG from their passionate night before both of them married 

Nice observation, I have a feeling that the son could be his (with kdramas this is usually the case), and it is kinda obvious when you think about it. This news could be the break up of MG & DJ, I know for sure that SJ's mom will be furious when she finds out. lol 

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Like most OTP's we see in the drama's the leads always tend to run into one another accidentally and seem to clash until they grudgingly fall i law with one another. I am wondering if  SJ and MG run away together or cause a scandal that will hurt DJ and JW and a few years later we are at a point where DJ and JW meet again. It seems he falls from his station maybe (IF we take what the synopsis says then he ends up falling from his position or being betrayed in some way.) and ends up falling in love with our lead lady DJ after a lot of run ins with one another.

I guess DJ and JW will end up clashing and clashing and then very hurt by whatever happens with SJ and MG. Given that MG was sick and had surgery before I wonder if he will end up dying and that is how his part comes out.. maybe not given how much of a big name Lee Pil MO is I can't see him dying in this drama prolly more like he ditches DJ and goes to be with SJ and his son over her and his daughter.

As much as I love Pil Mo's acting and character choices, he does have a tendency to choose characters who always has a tragic end, so I wouldn't cross MG dying in this drama out :unsure: I don't mind this (since they are the most human as he puts it) and his scenes are pretty impressive. I just want to see an award winning scene again lol. 

20 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Given that MG was sick and had surgery before I wonder if he will end up dying and that is how his part comes out..

I don't know if this is true but I read from a Chinese forum and someone mentioned that LPM will be leaving the drama after 20+ episodes. If so, his character MG will die which will make DJ single again. 

Guest ina111

I'm wary of starting another "Return of xxx" drama by the same writer, but I can't help the curiosity. :)  I hope that we can get some subs soon.

@euraka @Ldy Gmerm I could be wrong about this, but I think that JW already knows about his son's paternity. I believe that SJ told him in episode 2, before she agreed to marry him.

1 hour ago, rikimaiu said:

I don't know if this is true but I read from a Chinese forum and someone mentioned that LPM will be leaving the drama after 20+ episodes. If so, his character MG will die which will make DJ single again. 

@rikimaiu  Thank you for sharing. I was hoping that wouldn't happen. :( LPM is one of the reasons I was interested in this drama.

Archived