[Drama 2017] Teacher Oh Soon Nam, 훈장 오순남, Mon-Fri, 7:50, Many thanks for watch and your comments!!!

0ly40

On 5/24/2017 at 7:35 PM, maddymappo said:

@maribella  The little girl has a weak heart. I think we have to brace ourselves for the worst, and stock up on tissues..   And, yes, i remember Spock too. 

@tulip06 I contacted them once before when the subtitles were slow, may have to do it again. Annoying because I paid ondemand to see this.  I think we remember Spock shows we daily show lovers are not the tweens and teens who make the huge profits for these sites, maybe that is why they don't rush the Eng. Subs.

Thank you. I see they say episode 20 will be done tomorrow. I hope they knock the rest out right away. They are 5 episodes behind! Unbelievable.

On 5/23/2017 at 10:15 PM, Jackie1048 said:

I will catch up with this drama after Yoo Min is already the ex husband. See Hee's eye make up is so exaggerated. She does not have the features to pull it off. She looked like a character from a Chinese opera.

I think it's all part and parcel of making her crazy.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episodes 20 and 21 have been subbed in English^_^

@tulip06    I think now that you may be correct about evil man and ceo lady being married. I heard evil man say to her "yo bo" in episode 24.  I guess he married her after he killed her husband.  I was also confused because when they dine together with Red, ceo lady always sits at the head of the table, like the man/daddy figure always does in most dramas. So i guess it is money and power that sits at the head of the table and it is her mansion.

19 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Episodes 20 and 21 have been subbed in English^_^

@tulip06    I think now that you may be correct about evil man and ceo lady being married. I heard evil man say to her "yo bo" in episode 24.  I guess he married her after he killed her husband.  I was also confused because when they dine together with Red, ceo lady always sits at the head of the table, like the man/daddy figure always does in most dramas. So i guess it is money and power that sits at the head of the table and it is her mansion.

Finally, subtitles! I complained to ODK as well. We should keep complaining when they delay so much.

On 2017-5-26 at 3:25 PM, 0ly40 said:

preview may 29

She really is the Red Woman...

Annyeonghaseyo Chingu's 

Chingu's when I first start watching this drama I felt so bad for Yoo Min. He lost his father who he adored completely and I thought The younger Yoo Min was righteous like his father. As soon as his father was framed as corrupt cop, he started acting up. I wonder why he changed so drastically , most kids who suffered such a loss usually grow up to clear their parents name of any wrong doing. When he got the chance to live a good life he still harbored a lot of hate toward his uncle /father because he hated the life his uncle lived. 

So i have come to the conclusion that Yoo Min didn't have much faith in his father neither did his wife. YM's mom is very selfish and greedy. She almost burned down the home she worked her way to live in and tried to frame a child. She has spent all her lives living off her son and BIL. 

My prediction to what is going to happen. Soo Nam is going to get kicked out of that house and will lose the family that has been good to her . She will be mistreated and abused for something that had nothing to with her . Once her MIL teaming up with that Heifer because she wants her son to be married to the Red Head because she is living a life that doesn't belong to her . Once they find out she isn't really the Chairman's daughter, they will be in the same predicament from the very beginning. They will alll be looked down upon because of their greed and the Chairman will never trust them. I can't wait for them to get wind of this information . 

I am just waiting for Soo Nam to get rid of that baggage she has of a husband and his family. The sad part is you can see her mother in law already banning together with the rich brat to replace her. Of course given how her mother in law is she should have seen it coming. I need her away from that man and his family and as much as I do not want a little girl to die I would prefer she died over being left with those people and that woman as a step mother. It also frees Soo Nam from any connection to that family later.

As for Yoo Min he changed at the way people prolly talked about him and pointed fingers over his father being framed as a dirty cop. Later he will realize he should have believed in his father when the truth comes out and its his new wife's father that did it. Just like he will regret the way he treated Soo Nam when he finds out that she is the real missing daughter. But you can not go back after the words and actions you do that are so mean and hateful.

We still have a long way to go and Soo Nam will loose out and be mistreated even more than we see now. I wish they would have a character that would say ok after the first couple of times she suspects or sees something. But they prolong it until the wife/husband gets hurt and treated like trash after all the years they gave of love and support.

@Ldy Gmerm.....  I feel bad for the Red Head because she has no idea her father is the reason she lost her mom. She doesn't know it was her father's squeak that got her mom killed/ disappeared. You know I have watched over and over but did ever see if Red Heads mother died or just abandoned the Daisy's adored. I have to say that man is very EVIL and I can't wait to see his downfall but it is a long time coming. 

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@Ldy Gmerm.....  I feel bad for the Red Head because she has no idea her father is the reason she lost her mom. She doesn't know it was her father's squeak that got her mom killed/ disappeared. You know I have watched over and over but did ever see if Red Heads mother died or just abandoned the Daisy's adored. I have to say that man is very EVIL and I can't wait to see his downfall but it is a long time coming. 

It would be interesting if Red's mother reappears.  As you say, we don't know what evil man did to her, did he kill her or send her away?  I think Yu Min is a mixture of his father and mother. Part of him is self absorbed, greedy for fortune and only concerned with his own problems and desire for status and career.  He is unable to empathize with others or to even understand they are trying to help him.  Soon Nam pleads with him " I am not your enemy". .  Another part of him is essentially honest, like his birth father and uncle. He is not by nature, a thief, cruel,  or a conniver, and he can discern right from wrong.  He also loves his daughter. 

Who else thinks the Red Woman will end up in the loony bin? She shakes and cracks so easily, I can't see her sanity holding out for long. That said, she kind of redeemed herself a little by stopping those boys from beating up Sejong. 

40 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Who else thinks the Red Woman will end up in the loony bin? She shakes and cracks so easily, I can't see her sanity holding out for long. That said, she kind of redeemed herself a little by stopping those boys from beating up Sejong. 

Yoo Min is also a bit crazy. The only time we see him calm, kind and thoughtful is with his daughter. Red fell for him because he defended her against the abuse of her "fiance".   I am wondering if Soon Nam has figured out Sejong is her son yet, and that Red is the pregnant woman in the alley?  Shouldn't be difficult to connect the dots. She has the poster the dad was sending around. And Sejong said she looks just like his father's picture of his mother and he is of the right age.

Also about orphanage.  Red said she was in an orphanage. I guess when evil dad disappeared her mother he dumped her in the orphanage. Then evil dad must have "supported" and bonded with CEO woman to entice her into marriage and got her to adopt Red.  Sejong's Dad said as an excuse to Soon Nam that the woman Sejong saw in the picture was some one he knew in an orphanage.  Not sure, could Sejong's father been an orphan? We thought his younger brother was Soon Nam's brother, but not sure now. Maybe they were all in an orphanage when they met.

4 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Yoo Min is also a bit crazy. The only time we see him calm, kind and thoughtful is with his daughter. Red fell for him because he defended her against the abuse of her "fiance".   I am wondering if Soon Nam has figured out Sejong is her son yet, and that Red is the pregnant woman in the alley?  Shouldn't be difficult to connect the dots. She has the poster the dad was sending around. And Sejong said she looks just like his father's picture of his mother and he is of the right age.

Also about orphanage.  Red said she was in an orphanage. I guess when evil dad disappeared her mother he dumped her in the orphanage. Then evil dad must have "supported" and bonded with CEO woman to entice her into marriage and got her to adopt Red.  Sejong's Dad said as an excuse to Soon Nam that the woman Sejong saw in the picture was some one he knew in an orphanage.  Not sure, could Sejong's father been an orphan? We thought his younger brother was Soon Nam's brother, but not sure now. Maybe they were all in an orphanage when they met.

I have to rewatch episode 2. I think all the answers are there.  

@tulip06  I went back to episode 2.  Yes, Kang UnGil is the lost brother and Kang Doo Mool was an orphan. Also Red was in an orphanage when CEO lady adopted her.  So she may have met Kang Doo Mool in the orphanage and then when she left home got together with him then, until peeling garlic to make money was too difficult and she slunk back home, leaving her baby.

I have just watched ep 26 RAW, at least the first five minutes. SN caught her husband in my guess his flat with the shameless woman who seemed to be crying and he had his arms around her. He looked surprised and she said something. Instead of trying to mollify his wife, he looked just a bit put out - maybe it saved him long explanations- and walked out with the shameless woman. SN looked shocked and I could really feel her humiliation. I cannot continue watching. 

SN must never take him back, never. They did not even have the decency to look guilty.:angry:

In TUF, the rich daughter chased and caught the guy who was engaged to be married. Unfortunately, the real hero was her brother and poor female lead ended up with him. It is good that this show does not have a brother. But Kang the potential partner for SN is her ex- husband. 

Edit: 95 more episodes? What can happen? Please no musical chair with their partners.

13 hours ago, maddymappo said:

@tulip06  I went back to episode 2.  Yes, Kang UnGil is the lost brother and Kang Doo Mool was an orphan. Also Red was in an orphanage when CEO lady adopted her.  So she may have met Kang Doo Mool in the orphanage and then when she left home got together with him then, until peeling garlic to make money was too difficult and she slunk back home, leaving her baby.

I suspect the Red Woman (I know she's called Sehui, but isn't the Red Woman more fun?) had post-partum depression.  Combined with her traumatic upbringing, she just went crazy.  There are loads of crazy people who seem to hide it or manage it, and then they get all obsessed like Red with Yumin and it all comes pouring out.

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I suspect the Red Woman (I know she's called Sehui, but isn't the Red Woman more fun?) had post-partum depression.  Combined with her traumatic upbringing, she just went crazy.  There are loads of crazy people who seem to hide it or manage it, and then they get all obsessed like Red with Yumin and it all comes pouring out.

Yes Red probably had post partum depression, but what is her excuse for breaking up a marriage now?  She had a lot of money when she went back home, and thought her husband and child were living in poverty. She was concerned about herself, and her own reputation, she never even sent money or tried to find out how they were.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:53 PM, tulip06 said:

@tulip06... I believe she will end up in loony bin because her whole life is a lie and the man she respected killed/ locked away her mother. She never once wondered what happen to her mother. Her mother loved her would have done anything for her. 

18 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Yes Red probably had post partum depression, but what is her excuse for breaking up a marriage now?  She had a lot of money when she went back home, and thought her husband and child were living in poverty. She was concerned about herself, and her own reputation, she never even sent money or tried to find out how they were.

She may never have treated the depression and it could have gone on, undetected, as she went through the motions of being her father's puppet.  

Her behavior is weird, even for a kdrama villain.  I feel sure she's ending up in an aslyum later.

Archived