[Drama 2017] Teacher Oh Soon Nam, 훈장 오순남, Mon-Fri, 7:50, Many thanks for watch and your comments!!!

0ly40

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 14  At lot of Yoo Min

Yoo Min is proud and ambitious. I don't understand how Soon Nam and Yoo Min fell in love. They grew up together, but we don't see any flash backs of their life as children growing up together at the school.  He keeps complaining that he didn't want to stay there, he wanted to move away and in this episode (14) he says he always hated it there. He hates that his father was presumed guilty of being dishonest cop, and only lived with school master uncle for the good reputation.  Now that his mother is an arsonist and is endangering the entire family with her dealings with loan sharks he is even more desperate to cleanse himself of her criminal taint..  But Yoo Min himself, is not by nature dishonest, and he does adore his daughter. He almost stole money from the uncle, but to save his daughter from loan sharks. He was also not an easy seduction for rich lady who has be cornering and begging him.  But the straw finally broke the camel's back, the walls of Jericho have tumbled, he is falling into the arms of Jezebel and committing to the dark side.  I think it is out of desperation to protect his daughter. I don't think he really wants to be involved with the rich crazy woman, since he smart enough to foresee she is bad news and although he is always arguing with Soon Nam I think he is really proud of her intelligence, culture and dignity ( when she spoke at the dinner about the school, he was beaming).  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Awwwww chingu @tulip06 and @maddymappo  i will admit at first I thought he was cute but now I don't think he is eye candy.  His acting is steering me away from his hotness. But hey since you guys find Hott , I say keeep cheering for his hotness.  I just came on line just to talk about his character Yu Min. I hate characters like him who spend so much time whining about being unhappy and only caring about money.

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Awwwww chingu @tulip06 and @maddymappo  i will admit at first I thought he was cute but now I don't think he is eye candy.  His acting is steering me away from his hotness. But hey since you guys find Hott , I say keeep cheering for his hotness.  I just came on line just to talk about his character Yu Min. I hate characters like him who spend so much time whining about being unhappy and only caring about money.

Thanks for supporting our love!

the character is partly insane. He lives under an incredible amount of stress between the bullying at work and the mother's debt and the threats to him and his sister. And he is also worried about his daughter. That Red Woman, too, she has had a rotten time of things, and is also partly, or entirely insane. She recognized a kindred damaged soul and wants to join up with him. And he wants that too, but, he is loyal to his child first, and is trying to save the school. 

I get why he is unhappy, and I see him trying to take responsibility. He's just being pulled in so many directions, he can't think straight. 

14 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Episode 14  At lot of Yoo Min

Yoo Min is proud and ambitious. I don't understand how Soon Nam and Yoo Min fell in love. They grew up together, but we don't see any flash backs of their life as children growing up together at the school.  He keeps complaining that he didn't want to stay there, he wanted to move away and in this episode (14) he says he always hated it there. He hates that his father was presumed guilty of being dishonest cop, and only lived with school master uncle for the good reputation.  Now that his mother is an arsonist and is endangering the entire family with her dealings with loan sharks he is even more desperate to cleanse himself of her criminal taint..  But Yoo Min himself, is not by nature dishonest, and he does adore his daughter. He almost stole money from the uncle, but to save his daughter from loan sharks. He was also not an easy seduction for rich lady who has be cornering and begging him.  But the straw finally broke the camel's back, the walls of Jericho have tumbled, he is falling into the arms of Jezebel and committing to the dark side.  I think it is out of desperation to protect his daughter. I don't think he really wants to be involved with the rich crazy woman, since he smart enough to foresee she is bad news and although he is always arguing with Soon Nam I think he is really proud of her intelligence, culture and dignity ( when she spoke at the dinner about the school, he was beaming).  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Maybe the elders at the school should've adopted Soon Nam and let the two be brother and sister, not husband and wife. They have a closeness from growing up together, but they have no spark between them.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:06 PM, tulip06 said:

Who does the subtitles for this show? The actual subbers and encoders, I mean, not the sites that reupload the episodes.

OnDemandKorea is a licensed website, the subbed video says Subtitles by OnDemandKorea .  If it is pirated, they may take it from that site or other licensed websites.

I am very curious about SeHui's past. When she was preggers, she was so sweet and nice. Wonder if she fell on her head somewhere, forgot who she was and took on a new identity, only to wake up one day and realize she was an heiress and not sweet at all! :lol:   Seriously, It should really be interesting finding out about this past. 

"Che Yoo Min! Che Yoo Min! Che Yoo Min!"

Love to see Momma Mo's outfits, she certainly doesn't deny herself anything.  Just what is Che Yoo Min's relationship with HSH?  He tells Soon Nam it isn't that kind of relationship, then what was the deal he made with her? Why is she doing all this stuff for him after he went to her and said "you win",  Win what? 

So many familiar handles ...  :) 'still loving you' should end this week and I am scouting for a replacement.

Familiar characters: bad girl is after good girl's man?

good girl lost everything partly because of bad girl? But goodness! No revenge. A good point.

A guy is helping good girl regain what she had lost, and he is her romantic interest after a divorce, I presume. So hackneyed, bad point.

There is also a misplaced young daughter who grew up to be the good girl and bad girl is preventing her coming home. So very predictable. Neutral point.

The main actress is very pretty, I can't remember which show I saw her. I am not sure, if I want to start on this show that sounds very similar to others. Oh yes, evil manipulative mother? Negative. Positive aspect: main actress is not mangling Western songs.

I wish someone would recap the episodes to help me decide.

Archived