[OFFICIAL] PARK HYUNGSIK & PARK BOYOUNG♡Park*Park Couple♡Puppy couple

TeBe

2 hours ago, hennybird said:

I just thought of something ironic. You know MH talks about When Harry Met Sally and that men and women can't really be friends. Well, let's hope they rent that movie and realize it themselves. How can they be that good of "friends" and not be in a relationship? I think the awkward thing is the kiss of death jobwise in K-drama, esp for rising star PHS. It seems so unfair. I hope they can break that barrier. 

Wouldn't be great if they could be open about their relationship and still get great parts? They are such great actors! 

They really do seem to be flaunting their affection. If they aren't in a relationship and want to avoid rumors you would think they would be more distant. They both have experienced these types of rumors, so if they aren't planning to openly date then why fan the rumor mill flames.

Do any of you have who have more experience with these actors and K-drama in general have any insights? 

Yea I've been wondering the same too. But all I hope that they are not getting close for 'noise marketing', fan service or just for drama promotion. I remember when I used to ship pby with song Joong Ki before, I was totally smitten when he said "pby is mine" which even sparked dating rumour until one day pby revealed that he just said that for movie promotion.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hennybird, you posed a great question! When I feel a certain way about an on screen OTP, such as this couple, I often read what naysayers think and I try to reason if it is possible or not. Like @Mings30 said, sometimes leads do get close for drama publicity and fan service to garner and keep the interest high for the drama. This could be a possibility. Some say that PBY and PHS are naturally affectionate people. Some say PHS is a method actor who stays in character and he is acting as AMH in the BTS, etc... so there are alternative explanations of course BUT for some unbeknownst reason, I think there is more to THIS couple. I am well aware I could be wrong, but they give me Ahngoo feels all over again. 

Just like how we see AMH and DBS naturally progress, I see the same in PHS and PBY in the BTS. I think there are so many more moments between them that we are not privy too. Many people comment that they are even sweeter in the BTS than in the actual drama which is something rare! They gravitate so much towards each other. I think only they know how they feel. The affection and attraction are there. We are going to see them all of April. It is going to be very interesting to see what happens when the drama ends. To me, eyes don't lie. 

I also wish that an artist's relationship status doesn't affect their career but that is a real risk and reality in Korea. But then, it is PARK BO YOUNG. How can anyone NOT like her? I would seriously judge someone's character if he or she didn't. She has such a kind heart too. She is doing an autograph signing and sending proceeds to an orphanage in Cambodia. The boys in Korea, both famous and not, go crazy for her. Every time she does a variety show, the male stars get really excited. Like PHS and Jisoo said, their peers were very envious of them that they got to act alongside PBY. So, I think one day, IF AND THIS IS A BIG IF, anything were to happen, I think they will be positively received. Everyone loves them. I haven't really read anything negative about them. People are skeptical which is absolutely reasonable, but nothing negative. 

Here is to me wishing this couple into existence lol At the end of the day, if both are happy, I am happy, as a fan. I will just be even happier if they are together. 

1 hour ago, blueroses said:

@Hennybird, you posed a great question! When I feel a certain way about an on screen OTP, such as this couple, I often read what naysayers think and I try to reason if it is possible or not. Like @Mings30 said, sometimes leads do get close for drama publicity and fan service to garner and keep the interest high for the drama. This could be a possibility. Some say that PBY and PHS are naturally affectionate people. Some say PHS is a method actor who stays in character and he is acting as AMH in the BTS, etc... so there are alternative explanations of course BUT for some unbeknownst reason, I think there is more to THIS couple. I am well aware I could be wrong, but they give me Ahngoo feels all over again. 

Just like how we see AMH and DBS naturally progress, I see the same in PHS and PBY in the BTS. I think there are so many more moments between them that we are not privy too. Many people comment that they are even sweeter in the BTS than in the actual drama which is something rare! They gravitate so much towards each other. I think only they know how they feel. The affection and attraction are there. We are going to see them all of April. It is going to be very interesting to see what happens when the drama ends. To me, eyes don't lie. 

I also wish that an artist's relationship status doesn't affect their career but that is a real risk and reality in Korea. But then, it is PARK BO YOUNG. How can anyone NOT like her? I would seriously judge someone's character if he or she didn't. She has such a kind heart too. She is doing an autograph signing and sending proceeds to an orphanage in Cambodia. The boys in Korea, both famous and not, go crazy for her. Every time she does a variety show, the male stars get really excited. Like PHS and Jisoo said, their peers were very envious of them that they got to act alongside PBY. So, I think one day, IF AND THIS IS A BIG IF, anything were to happen, I think they will be positively received. Everyone loves them. I haven't really read anything negative about them. People are skeptical which is absolutely reasonable, but nothing negative. 

Here is to me wishing this couple into existence lol At the end of the day, if both are happy, I am happy, as a fan. I will just be even happier if they are together. 

Reading this, I really think that whoever guy that happen to be pby's boyfriend/husband in the future, he surely is one lucky guy. Pby secured her position as no 1 female celebrity as a date for white day, meaning that she is totally loved by everyone. I also want to date pby if I were a guy.

watching their BTS from earlier on until the latest one, I can see the development in both of them in real life (note that my judgement is solely by the way they are in BTS). From BTS (which is filmed last year) I can see that they seem more friendly with phs constantly adoring pby (like an fanboy) and pby looks more like a senior taking care of junior but when I look at their latest BTS, they are more lovey dovey, sometimes they seem shy with each other (when they tease each other or when they are teased by the staffs)

i also spend my time reading at the comments in YouTube, like 90% of the comments wish for them to get into a real deal. Phs you better act fast before I'm going to ship her with another male costar in her next project. 

@hennybird @Mings30 @blueroses I just shared a little compilation about what I found about HS in this ship. I previously asked Mings30 on my previous post when she said that she came across the shipper thread between HS and LJY ^^

(1) PHS and LJY had a CF together after they finished the drama High Society. When I saw the photos, it looks ordinary, nothing fishy about the romance. The aura is friendly among friends ^^ Previously, HS had a CF with Nam Ji Hyun when they joined a drama together. This CF is rather cute and lovely :D

(2) PHS and LJY even joined a variety show together  'Laws of the Jungle' before they joined the drama - you guys may know this show. Interestingly, BY used to join, of course, on a different episode ^^ PHS and NJM joined a variety show Happy Together with other casts to promote their drama.

(3) PHS acting strategy: Well, personally, I think HS's acting strategy is to be immersed in his character though he used to reply in an interview. (High Society) “When I was in character as Yoo Chang Soo, I tried not to get too absorbed in the character’s feelings. I tried not to get my real feelings confused with Yoo Chang Soo’s feelings.” I checked some news about LJY to verify his acting method, "Hyung Sik is really good at acting. I was surprised because he concentrates really well and I was led by him". => Though HS does not confirm his acting strategy, we could understand to some extent that he will focus on his character, immersed into the emotions professionally. It is named "method acting". Method Acting is described as a form of acting where the actor mystically ‘becomes’ the character or tries to somehow literally live the character in life. (You guys could find more into about method acting: source). It is good that the reel emotions will be so realistic, on the other hands, it may affect their real-life emotions.

Even Jo Jung Suk had to use "method acting" to overcome BY's aegyo when they took OMG with some NGs [news]

(4) The shared thoughts of PHS about his co-actress or his after-drama interactions.

After the drama with Nam Ji Hyun, both of them joined 51st Baeksang Art Awards together, even sat at the same table, wore in white. But the ending scene from the fancam showed that there was no much interaction between them. [fancam]

After High Society, he shared on an interview that “Im Ji Yeon was so lovely in ‘High Society.’ If a character like Lee Ji Yi (Im Ji Yeon) appeared in real life, I would fall in love with her right away.” => OK. The effect of his character and the charm of his co-actress' character :tongue: Meanwhile, LJY feedback "Hyung Sik says I am like a neighboring 'brother'. Hyung Sik is an attractive man. He's handsome and polite. He's manly and very popular. Many people asked if we're really going out but I don't think Hyung Sik thinks of me as a girl". => Dealt. 

Like I used to mention, BY is experienced in her acting, as a her follower for some years, I suppose her acting is based on her character analysis. It means that she would analyze her character and express her understanding about her character through the acting. She will be into her character when the director signaled to act. But, right away after the "cut/ok", she will return to herself. For example, in a SWDBS's BTS clip at the club, when AMH asked DBS to leave the pillar at the club, she used to cry - but the scene was ruined so the director requested to re-act, she immediately woke up from her character with tears falling, then asked for help to remove the tears. HS at that time praised her good acting at shedding tears. Meanwhile from HS, I feel he needs time to balance the borderline between his character AMH and himself. Then it indeed makes many fans sometimes feel confused about the blurry line between the "real couple" vs the "reel couple".

That's why I am still curious to listen and see more sharings and reactions from HS towards BY after the drama finishes. The effect of the drama now puts a pink cloud on my fangirl heart :D

Good analysis @calbeeland ! I forgot to answer your question last time :)

so at the shippers' thread, they were just like us, hoping that their couple would turn into real as well. I don't watch high society so my opinion might be a little bit bias. Phs has a baby soldier image in real man and he was quite innocent looking guy when a female celebrities dance around him in immortal songs. Ljy she is indeed lovely and pretty, but I have a sceptical mind toward those who used to act in a film which is not-suitable-for-kids, so I can't really adore her with phs. (I'm so sorry if anyone here happened to ship them before) 

The difference between this shipper thread and that one, I see that they were lucky to have lots and lots of interview about the couple (which we have yet to have) so they can make more analysis about them and let more imaginations to take over. With phs's words, it is sometimes hard to justify, he said "I will like her if I were changsoo""she is not my noona but she is my jiyi" but at times I would say that he seems to friend/ hyung zone her (in lotj he called as her hyung)  In ljy's interview, I would say it seems obvious that she might also have feelings for him, but let's stop here since this is not their shipper thread. 

For pby and phs, I can't help to see that they looks so pure individually and together so that is one of the reasons why I ship them. Which also probably one of the reasons why the director and writer have yet (or may not) give us a hot kiss scene as we hope.

3 hours ago, blueroses said:

I love everything you said here. When I watch them both in reality shows and other venues, they seem like very similar people. I read or heard one interview with PHS where he is asked about his ideal type and he says something like a positive, happy person. This fits PBY to a tee. She is more evasive when asked the same question and says "understanding" of her schedule and demands as an actress. 

I think it's the shy glances that you mention that are selling me this ship more than anything. Also, their reaction after the kiss as if they are both very moved personally but quickly catch themselves and try to hide it. Also, afterwards PHS does not act like AMH, he seems like PHS as he's walking on the beach all happy. 

Thank you fellow shippers for sharing in my delulu about this sweet couple!!

4 hours ago, Mings30 said:

Hopping for good news from their vacation trip later on 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/10/cast-crew-strong-woman-bong-soon-confirmed-go-reward-vacation/

:wub: Ok hyung sik, Its time to fall in love, I guess? 

And I think the fact that both of them are going when they could come up with a million excuses not to is also encouraging. Fingers crossed that they do go and that we get some intel! 

Annyeong ladies of ParkPark Shipper! :tongue:

Thank you @hennybird for letting me know about this thread. Hahaa, I didnt you this thread exists!
Truthfully, I'm still undecided whether to ship PBY-PHS in real life since one of my feet is actually on ship PBY-SJK (since WB's out). Hahaha.. (pls don't kill me _/\_ )
Buuut.. I love love love PBY and PHS's chemistry and their natural relationship sooo much that I can feel I'm wavering. :D

So, I'd like to put one of my feet here as well. It'll kill me of course, but either way, I'll die happy. :wub:
Now let me back read. ^^v

HI hi! I am here to join the ship! At this moment, I would say it is rather early to say if PHS/PBY might develop into a couple.

As many of you had pointed out and also in PHS earlier interviews, he would stay clear of falLing in love during the drama period, partly because of his method acting.  He is a relative young actor as compared to PBY whose experience is more than him.  I think he is trying to be clear in handling his relationship. He fear bad consequences the relationship does not work out and he think it is a form of respect for the other party that he really think it through before he acts out. 

Why? Cos he is off blood group AB. He can be both expressive and forward and at the same time introvert and reserved. It is very conflicting emotionally for him.  One good thing is that AB blood group people are very sensitive people and they are talented in artist area such as acting or singing. 

For me, i think the turning point for both PHS/PBY is when they are out from the drama, on their reward vacation, during their promotion campaign, during their leisure outings and dates. When things cool down, I think both can then see if they can bring this relationship to another level.

As a shipper, I really adore the side where they are similar in characters being fun and expressive.  This will be a lovely couple for all to see. However one cannot be an engerizer bunny 24/7. There will be quiet moments.... really wishes that they can fall in love and support each other as they grow and mature!

Hope that we can get some sneak peaks during their vacation... or PHS update his IG with couple shots with PBY alone (not with the 3rd wheel)...  a dream come true! Soon!

17 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Annyeong ladies of ParkPark Shipper! :tongue:

Thank you @hennybird for letting me know about this thread. Hahaa, I didnt you this thread exists!
Truthfully, I'm still undecided whether to ship PBY-PHS in real life since one of my feet is actually on ship PBY-SJK (since WB's out). Hahaha.. (pls don't kill me _/\_ )
Buuut.. I love love love PBY and PHS's chemistry and their natural relationship sooo much that I can feel I'm wavering. :D

So, I'd like to put one of my feet here as well. It'll kill me of course, but either way, I'll die happy. :wub:
Now let me back read. ^^v

I agree that I wouldn't be devastated with a PBY-SJK ship, but is there any indication? I think they have more chemistry than Song-Song. But I think BY and HS seem to have more in common in terms of their base personalities and cuteness.  I've said before that in BTS they are like magnets with each other. They naturally gravitate and just seem to be soulmates. He seems to be totally smitten (I hope so!!) even more than AMH does with BS. :wub: Heart flutter...

On 3/30/2017 at 5:39 AM, skylar said:

I agree!  I am taken aback by PBY's evident love of "skinship" with PHS. He is very affectionate with the ZE:A guys, but I am not so sure that he is the same with his leading ladies. In one BTS, PBY held his face in her hands to ask if he was hurt, he removed it right away (did not think it was offensive, but still).

In any case, I do love them. So, I would be a big fan of a PHS+PBY going from reel to real.

Sorry guys, since I'm back reading, I'm reading in random and comments on whatever posting. So, sorry if my comments are outdated. -_- 
I noticed this too..!! He seemed to refuse her hands touching his face. But I guess he was in a bit of a pain (I think I read somewhere that it was quite painful - don't remember where I read it). And he's probably embarrassed that PBY shows her concern like that.  

Yay! This ship is sailing and finally moving. I am a hardcore shipper and it's been killing me to be mum on the main thread. 

Regarding the Kiss of death, I think k entertainment has been more open in recent years regarding dating. Besides nobody can deny the chemistry and the feels we see. The BTS is even better than the actual drama and these two are perfect for each other. Even the way she just fits into his arms! I'm in love! 

Welcome new shippers!! I can't wait to hear your takes. In addition to the Bali trip, I think we will have some hints when they make their appearance in Singapore. I think someone will ask them about their relationship and we can see what their reactions are. 

@estherlim Thanks for the AB analysis. BY is O, right? Any insights based on her type.

I got a tad worried about her reactions in this latest BTS video. On the one had the hug scene where they kept hugging, their physical touch seemed awfully suspect and my shipper heart skipped a beat, but then in a later scene they seemed all chummy like siblings when she came out of the elevator. As I said earlier, their reactions to questions about their relationship status will hopefully be telling. They will likely deny it, but how they deny it may offer a clue. 

6 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Yay! This ship is sailing and finally moving. I am a hardcore shipper and it's been killing me to be mum on the main thread. 

Regarding the Kiss of death, I think k entertainment has been more open in recent years regarding dating. Besides nobody can deny the chemistry and the feels we see. The BTS is even better than the actual drama and these two are perfect for each other. Even the way she just fits into his arms! I'm in love! 

Yes, yes, yes!!! 

On 4/5/2017 at 9:28 PM, calbeeland said:

@blueroses Regarding the dating news of LJK, I am indeed in favor of. I support him since Iljimae, so when his dating news is released, I feel relieved, it's fine now ^^ Recently, the show Candy has attracted some new shippers. I don't blame on the show or the PD crew or new shippers of this show. Coz emotions are often naturally generated (for some actors/actress attending this kind of show, they may try to balance professionally), while fans are interested in something and will place their belief in it

For HS's BTS kissing scenes in his previous works, I just checked Hwarang & High Society. We almost watched many times (:tongue:) BTS kissing scene between HS and BY, so I will not analyze in details coz you guys have sharp eyes on this. Briefly in my mind emerged a weird question. Is it possible for HS to take advantage of BTS kissing scene in SWDBS to feel close with BY, from bickering, teasing, staring, touching her hair, arm naturally and comfortably as if they are a (real) couple on reel? *Just kidding* Both HS and BY are professional in their work. Ok, then I just shared my thoughts abt HS's previous BTS.

(1) Hwarang (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHo1QeXIGQ) After kissing Go Ah Ra, HS removed his hands from GAR's ears but patted her shoulder a little to comfort before removing totally, I appreciated this kind of action as he showed his care towards his co-actress. After kissing, there may be awkwardness so he behaved gently to make his co-actress not feel inconvenient. Then he turned and kept his straight face to check the kissing scene in the camera right away.

(2) High Society (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TnQFHeI6Bo) I feel the actress Lim Ji Yeon seems interested in HS more. Interestingly, I found HS let LJY touch his ear - which is totally different from his action with BY. Coz several times, we witnessed in some BTS clips, HS avoided to let BY touch him directly after her accidentally kicking his ear (though he approached her touchily later kkkk - as some of you explained, he didn't want BY worry or want to show his masculine). In the case of High Society's BTS kissing scene, HS didn't show his touchy moments with LJY. When I saw most BTS clips between HS and BY, I always remind myself that there's a blurry line between BYxHS and DBSxAMH. On the other hand, in his previous clip, though his character fell in love with the female character and had a passionate kiss, HS didn't express touchy feelings, tended to keep a proper distance with the actress. After the kiss, I saw he touched LJY's hair, but I felt it would be a kind of gentle action to make her feel not shy.

In both mentioned BTS kissing scene, I didn't feel the dynamics of HS as he showed in SWDBS. In which, HS could speak informally with BY, joking, even calling "Babo-ya" but kept caring her attentively. It could be due to the difference in his characters. In Hwarang, he cast one-sided love. In High Society, the atmosphere seems more serious & a little dark, compared to the bright & romantic air between AMH & DBS.

Noticeably, before the act of kissing scene, HS also asked about the pose of a pretty kiss. This is also different from his previous BTS work. It could be explained either his care towards BY's height or his professional working attitude. In his previous kiss with Ah Ra, he also discussed a little with Ah Ra, but involved with other staffs at the drama set. Meanwhile, in SWDBS, he just discussed with BY actively as if it's the world of two ^_^

I will add a bit comparison later after arranging my thoughts, when I saw a similar situation in his previous works' BTS, but his reactions in SWDBS BTS seem fishy :D

@calbeeland Ooooh.. I love your post here. 
And I also checked the other BTS kissing scenes to compare - all in the name of science huh? :wub:
Totally agree! With Ara, he's pure professional. But that's also because she's older than him. Did they speak formally or informally there? If there's a wall, then it's the wall that's built by Ara since she's older. PBY from the start is being very friendly and casual with PHS and JS. So in a way it liberates the way he's treating her and seeing her as, not as noona but more as friend or other. 

With LJY, it's obvious she's the more smitten one, no honey glazed can be seen anywhere. I think he knows that she's more into him than him into her, so somehow the word that comes to mind is.. indulge, he's indulging her. He's okay with her touching his ears because well... probably because her opinion of him doesn't weight much. 

Haven't watched both drama btw, I just watched a bit of Hwarang early eps then Ara's eyebrows distracted me from the real scenes - so dropped it. :huh:

And I agree with you on this part, "he didn't want PBY to worry and want to show his masculinity".
Since PBY is way more experiences than him in acting and he did express his admiration for her at WB, so her opinion of him highly matters. She kicked him in the ear and he showed that he was okay. She pinched his cheeks hard, he has to show strong front at that. What other 'abuses' PBY put him up through..? :tongue:

And like the characters in the drama, MH and BS; PBY and PHS's relationship also evolves. I remember the earlier BTS of PHS dressing up as a girl. PBY teased him so much like she would to her friend. PBY being casual and there's some touchy feely from her part, PHS seems a bit restrained at that time perhaps because he's not too comfortable with the getup. But the signs of his adoration is there. 
And look at him now. He's the more active one in skinship. So much, that sometimes I think PBY is not feeling the same. :mellow: 

I dont mean she dislike him touching her or anything. It's just that he puts more meaning in his skinship and gestures and staring, compare to PBY. 

HI YOU GUYS! <3

Oh, they will definitely deny, I am almost 99.9% sure. Plus, I don't think anyone will ask them point blank (or are allowed to), HEY ARE YOU GUYS DATING? I think they'll skate around the question, like OH, you have such great chemistry on screen, any chance that will transpire to real life? I think that's the extent to which they will ask. 

7 minutes ago, hennybird said:

I got a tad worried about her reactions in this latest BTS video. On the one had the hug scene where they kept hugging, their physical touch seemed awfully suspect and my shipper heart skipped a beat, but then in a later scene they seemed all chummy like siblings when she came out of the elevator.

That's interesting that you thought the bolded text - I didn't see it like that. Is this when she did her snapping fingers before the exit? I actually thought it was sweet here because I think he knew she was going to do something silly and he just stared at her and laughed earnestly after she snapped her fingers. I love it when he laughs like that, it shows hes really happy!! hahaha thanks for sharing your thoughts though!

I wonder what JTBC will show us for BTS. I think the couch scene is out since it's a little heavier on the emotional side. I don't think they want to shows us them tearing up. I think they like to show BTS for scenes that aren't too heavy and somewhat romantic. I hope they release one more before Episode 15! 

Archived