[OFFICIAL] PARK HYUNGSIK & PARK BOYOUNG♡Park*Park Couple♡Puppy couple

TeBe

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a first time shipper and just finished SWDBS in December. I'm finding shipping is very hard!! So many doubts but still want them together. First, off anyone is going to the Hong Kong FM for Hyung Sik please share any important info!

So I absolutely want them to end up together but I keep having doubts -- if anyone can address these and put my mind at ease or give me a new perspective I would be so happy. So here goes why I worry that this ship is an illusion :(

1. PHS, while filming "What Happens" said he felt jealous every time he saw his female co-actor with the male co-actor. He even said he knew it was acting but because the story line was a love triangle he would get jealous. So I wonder if the amazing BTS scenes are because PHS gets really immersed in his role. Even during the SG fan meeting after the kissing scene he said he doesnt remember too clearly because he was focused on his role.

2. PBY doesn't seem as interested in him in the BTSs. As a senior actress, in order to help PHS get comfortable in his role it would have been wise to nurture PHS's crush on her. Especially since he shared how he was worried about their chemistry. But when PBY does small head shakes and looks down that makes me think she's putting up with him not charmed by his behaviour.

3. Other than the great Food Truck incident on Nov 4. There has not been one peep out of either of them. They go to the same wedding and are seated during the ceremony in the same row but not together -- like acquaintances but not really close friends. There's even a video of PHS doing a head bob dance on Instagram but no sign of PBY anywhere near him or his table during the wedding.

4. PHS in SG fan meeting avoided all physical contact with her. He keeps up with social media and reads what people say about him, so he must have known what people were saying after the February press conference. Is it manner hands or is it him creating some distance between him and PBY now that the drama is over and he's back to his senses.

5. Bali. Only a fan account of PHS and PBY talking by the poolside then him going off with Jisoo to the water. If he was really interested wouldn't he stick a little closer to her? 

6. They go to the same movie premiere. To me it's the same situation as the Song Song wedding. At the same event but more like associates not even good friends.

7. Love is timing *sigh*. If PBY didn't have a foot injury she could have done more things in Bali instead of hanging by the pool with Bomin -- she could have gone scuba diving with the guys and got a chance to hang out with PHS after the filming ended. If PHS was a couple years older with a few more acting roles under his belt to make him a solid star/actor -- he wouldn't have to worry about a relationship competing with his career. So many timing issues with these 2! 

I don't mean to be a downer and pls don't hate me. i just wish they would confirm their relationship or even friendship so I wouldn't have so many doubts.

How can PBY walk the awards carpet with Kwan soo because they were in a movie together but not with PHS? Nothing makes sense with these two!

I wish PHS is brave enough to push past PBYs hesitancy and they get together soon! They are great together and I can really see them as a power couple in the Korean acting world.

Been so quiet lately.. Uri HS is in HK now for his fanmeet! Can't wait to see some clips!! But in the meantime... This is a cute clip! The host was asking what plans HS had for Valentines Day, and a shipper shouted PBY's name and he threw a cute reaction haha. Yay shippers!!!

CTO

On 31/01/2018 at 8:06 AM, fanofdbws said:

I am a first time shipper and just finished SWDBS in December. I'm finding shipping is very hard!! So many doubts but still want them together. First, off anyone is going to the Hong Kong FM for Hyung Sik please share any important info!

So I absolutely want them to end up together but I keep having doubts -- if anyone can address these and put my mind at ease or give me a new perspective I would be so happy. So here goes why I worry that this ship is an illusion :(

1. PHS, while filming "What Happens" said he felt jealous every time he saw his female co-actor with the male co-actor. He even said he knew it was acting but because the story line was a love triangle he would get jealous. So I wonder if the amazing BTS scenes are because PHS gets really immersed in his role. Even during the SG fan meeting after the kissing scene he said he doesnt remember too clearly because he was focused on his role.

2. PBY doesn't seem as interested in him in the BTSs. As a senior actress, in order to help PHS get comfortable in his role it would have been wise to nurture PHS's crush on her. Especially since he shared how he was worried about their chemistry. But when PBY does small head shakes and looks down that makes me think she's putting up with him not charmed by his behaviour.

3. Other than the great Food Truck incident on Nov 4. There has not been one peep out of either of them. They go to the same wedding and are seated during the ceremony in the same row but not together -- like acquaintances but not really close friends. There's even a video of PHS doing a head bob dance on Instagram but no sign of PBY anywhere near him or his table during the wedding.

4. PHS in SG fan meeting avoided all physical contact with her. He keeps up with social media and reads what people say about him, so he must have known what people were saying after the February press conference. Is it manner hands or is it him creating some distance between him and PBY now that the drama is over and he's back to his senses.

5. Bali. Only a fan account of PHS and PBY talking by the poolside then him going off with Jisoo to the water. If he was really interested wouldn't he stick a little closer to her? 

6. They go to the same movie premiere. To me it's the same situation as the Song Song wedding. At the same event but more like associates not even good friends.

7. Love is timing *sigh*. If PBY didn't have a foot injury she could have done more things in Bali instead of hanging by the pool with Bomin -- she could have gone scuba diving with the guys and got a chance to hang out with PHS after the filming ended. If PHS was a couple years older with a few more acting roles under his belt to make him a solid star/actor -- he wouldn't have to worry about a relationship competing with his career. So many timing issues with these 2! 

I don't mean to be a downer and pls don't hate me. i just wish they would confirm their relationship or even friendship so I wouldn't have so many doubts.

How can PBY walk the awards carpet with Kwan soo because they were in a movie together but not with PHS? Nothing makes sense with these two!

I wish PHS is brave enough to push past PBYs hesitancy and they get together soon! They are great together and I can really see them as a power couple in the Korean acting world.

Hey! I'm sorry in advance if someone has already bashed you for thinking this way or saying what you said. In their defense, it's not easy being confronted by your fears and you've forced them to face a shipper's worst fear... that maybe it was all in their head. And you've done it in the worst way possible...by articulating your thoughts in a mature and reasonable manner. Lol. By writing your thoughts, you have given a bigger voice to that tiny voice in their heads and hearts.

That said, i don't blame you for thinking all these things. They are all perfectly rational thoughts. I welcome introspection. It makes us look at things harder and deeper. So let me see if i can address all your fears as sensibly as possible. And try not to be delusional or immature.

It's been a while since he shot What happens... but we all know that PHS is a method actor and completely immerses himself into the character that he's playing. He did it in High Society as well. So it's natural to believe that all the BTS was in character. I've watched the BTS multiple times and I can see why you'd think so. However, if you pay close attention, you can tell it's not all in character. There are parts where you can actually tell that he's in character. Especially the parts where he's being openly jealous of JiSoo...and most of the improvs. It's not difficult to see that he's playing into the camera's gaze. But he is human...and no one can keep up an act for the entire duration of the shoot.

The answer to his real feelings lies in looking at his instinctive actions. Things he does completely involuntarily, like reaching out for her when she's about to slip, when she hurts her head, when she starts tearing up or is about to trip. You can actually see him voluntarily stop himself from completely reaching out, which he should have...if he was in character in that moment.

In the SG fan meeting, it's natural to think that a lot things he said was in fan service and not in character...like when he "don't we look good together?" Or that she's lovable....or when he followed her off stage after they showed the beach scene. But there was a lot to read between the lines. For the first time you could see that PHS wasn't always a goof. He was not playing any character. He wasnt being constantly playful, or the man-child he previously was. He was trying to be as in control of himself as possible. But there were parts when they were showing the scenes, where you got some tiny hints. Some of his expressions were of someone caught off guard. Especially when he spun his chair away from the audience. When he was looking hard at his cue cards or was blushing as hard as he was. That was not character.

Yes...in those particular moments, she does seem a bit annoyed (rather than charmed) with him acting like a man-child. But you need to remember that those parts were pretty early during the filming of SWDBS. Their BTS chemistry underwent a massive change over the course of the filming. You can see she became more playful with him as the filming progressed. If she found him annoying, she wouldn't be spending so much time privately reading lines with him even when they were not filming (I recall reading this in an interview). She'd professionally tutor him and guide him. Not let him in on her off-time.

Also, unlike anything she had done before, during the SG fan meet, there were instances when she too was caught staring at him, checking for his reaction and blushing at his responses. And we all know BY is not one to playfully romanticize an actor just for the sake of fan service.

You also need to remember that unlike other actresses her age, PBY is relatively shy, private and reserved. Also, she's an industry veteran, which means she's more guarded about her image. She's very self-conscious and mature. We can't expect her to act smitten even if she is. That said, i do think that during filming, his feelings were stronger than hers.

Also...let's not forget the legendary "Hyung Sikssi"

To me PBY has never come across as the kind to publicly dance at a party unless the guests are all her friends and family. For an event as high profile as the SongSongWedding, it's natural for anyone wanting keep the relationship on the DL to not be pictured together. Also, there was very limited footage of the SongSongWedding. Technically we didn't even see any pictures or videos of Kwang Soo and PBY talk. And they are known to be very good friends. Lack of footage doesn't mean they didn't communicate. A lot of people would say that though SongSong were keeping their relationship a secret, they had slipups. Nut let's not forget this is the same agency. UAA probably learnt from that experience. Also...the slipups were not as detrimental to Hye Kyo's image as much as they would be to Hyung Sik's...whose only starting to take off as an actor.

Another thing is, i think the SongSongWedding was very close to that one actor's death. I recall reading that PBY was heavily influenced by his death. She seemed very downcast even as she walked to the wedding ceremony.

The fact that PHS sent her the food truck shortly after the wedding shows that there must have been some kind of exchange between them. Could have been a short conversation, could have been a long one. There's really no way to tell. It's simply a matter of looking at it in a glass-half-time or glass-half-empty way.

This one is easy...that was definitely him exercising some self-control especially since he couldnt help that their chemistry has palpable during the conference. From their responses, it was clear that they have a strong rapport. He can't control his facial expressions or reactions...but he can control his hands for the few minutes that the cameras are on them.

Not if you want to keep your relationship private. Not unless you want to give people more ammunition to suspect you.

Let me paint you a picture... you're working someone that you get along really well with. Then you guys get romantically involved. Your chemistry is so strong that everyone else in the office suspects something is going on between you two. You both deny. Then all the office workers go for a company retreat. In public areas like the poolside or restaurant...do you stick together like glue? Or do you go out of the way to not sit or be seen together? Do you coordinate meeting in private? Or decide to be patient and not reckless while you're there with your colleagues, and risk getting caught? In this case...it's not just the staff that they needed to consider, but the hundreds of fans who were keeping such a close tab on them.

While this concern of yours is valid, you're basing them off the very limited witness accounts, in very public areas. No one stalked them for 24 hrs, no one knows what they did the majority of the time that they were not out in the open...or seen by people.

Like the Song Song wedding, a movie premiere is also a highly publicized event. In fact you can expect more cameras to be on you at a movie premiere, than the supposedly-tightly-secured SongSongWedding. When you're friends, you dont mind being seen or photographed together. When you're something more, you want to stay as discreet as possible.

It's no secret that PHS was super duper busy in the months following SWDBS. It's also not a secret that when he had no public appearances (from PHS' side) or she had no filming or VLives (from PBY's side), there was a complete blackout from both of them. And coincidentally many times their social media and sighting blackouts were at the same time.

We all know from interviews that both PBY and PHS prefer dating quietly...enjoying basic things like watching a movie or things that sound to boring for celebrities. If you're someone with an intense schedule, and are in a relationship...what do you do when you're not busy? Go out and party all the time? Or stay off the radar, and date in peace...preferably eat home cooked food and talk.

I don't think it's a good time for them to confirm their relationship. Personally, i think that they were great friends during filming, he may have even confessed after filming ended but perhaps she politely declined, citing his career trajectory. That is all hypothetical. No one knows what they do all day. No one knows what's in their hearts. What we can be certain of is that they are still friends, and in touch. The fact that they had such a fire chemistry means that they had a spark. Love is timing...maybe what PBY meant by that is that I found the right person...but this is not the right time for us. To make it work...we have to wait for the right time. Until then...I want us to stay friends.

That just makes things more suspicious. Why do unusual things if you have nothing to hide? Another, perhaps better reason is that PBY and Kwan Soo had to appear together because they were filming a movie. They need to create whatever buzz they can...take whatever publicity opportunity that presents itself.

Award season was AFTER SWDBS ended. They didnt need to promote it. Maybe they would have presented together at an award show if 1. she didn't have the surgery and rehabilitation so soon after SWDBS, 2. She didn't start filming the Your Wedding movie shortly after recovering, 3. He didn't have so many things scheduled after DBS ended.

I may have said this before but I'm saying all this less as a shipper and more of my instincts as a PR professional. I have managed some celebrities in my country...and have also dealt with my fair share of celebrity dating scandal to see past some agency strategies. I know it can be frustrating as a shipper when there's a dearth of hints but sometimes 1. the celebrities cherish their relationship too much to make it public. So much so that they sacrifice the luxury of going out on dates. 2. Agencies go above and beyond to pre-buy paparazzi pics for their high profile clients. 3. Agencies often have entire teams coordinating star schedules to facilitate personal life and relationships.

Stay positive.  

53 minutes ago, tallyu said:

Hey! I'm sorry in advance if someone has already bashed you for thinking this way or saying what you said. In their defense, it's not easy being confronted by your fears and you've forced them to face a shipper's worst fear... that maybe it was all in their head. And you've done it in the worst way possible...by articulating your thoughts in a mature and reasonable manner. Lol. By writing your thoughts, you have given a bigger voice to that tiny voice in their heads and hearts.

That said, i don't blame you for thinking all these things. They are all perfectly rational thoughts. I welcome introspection. It makes us look at things harder and deeper. So let me see if i can address all your fears as sensibly as possible. And try not to be delusional or immature.

It's been a while since he shot What happens... but we all know that PHS is a method actor and completely immerses himself into the character that he's playing. He did it in High Society as well. So it's natural to believe that all the BTS was in character. I've watched the BTS multiple times and I can see why you'd think so. However, if you pay close attention, you can tell it's not all in character. There are parts where you can actually tell that he's in character. Especially the parts where he's being openly jealous of JiSoo...and most of the improvs. It's not difficult to see that he's playing into the camera's gaze. But he is human...and no one can keep up an act for the entire duration of the shoot.

The answer to his real feelings lies in looking at his instinctive actions. Things he does completely involuntarily, like reaching out for her when she's about to slip, when she hurts her head, when she starts tearing up or is about to trip. You can actually see him voluntarily stop himself from completely reaching out, which he should have...if he was in character in that moment.

In the SG fan meeting, it's natural to think that a lot things he said was in fan service and not in character...like when he "don't we look good together?" Or that she's lovable....or when he followed her off stage after they showed the beach scene. But there was a lot to read between the lines. For the first time you could see that PHS wasn't always a goof. He was not playing any character. He wasnt being constantly playful, or the man-child he previously was. He was trying to be as in control of himself as possible. But there were parts when they were showing the scenes, where you got some tiny hints. Some of his expressions were of someone caught off guard. Especially when he spun his chair away from the audience. When he was looking hard at his cue cards or was blushing as hard as he was. That was not character.

Yes...in those particular moments, she does seem a bit annoyed (rather than charmed) with him acting like a man-child. But you need to remember that those parts were pretty early during the filming of SWDBS. Their BTS chemistry underwent a massive change over the course of the filming. You can see she became more playful with him as the filming progressed. If she found him annoying, she wouldn't be spending so much time privately reading lines with him even when they were not filming (I recall reading this in an interview). She'd professionally tutor him and guide him. Not let him in on her off-time.

Also, unlike anything she had done before, during the SG fan meet, there were instances when she too was caught staring at him, checking for his reaction and blushing at his responses. And we all know BY is not one to playfully romanticize an actor just for the sake of fan service.

You also need to remember that unlike other actresses her age, PBY is relatively shy, private and reserved. Also, she's an industry veteran, which means she's more guarded about her image. She's very self-conscious and mature. We can't expect her to act smitten even if she is. That said, i do think that during filming, his feelings were stronger than hers.

Also...let's not forget the legendary "Hyung Sikssi"

To me PBY has never come across as the kind to publicly dance at a party unless the guests are all her friends and family. For an event as high profile as the SongSongWedding, it's natural for anyone wanting keep the relationship on the DL to not be pictured together. Also, there was very limited footage of the SongSongWedding. Technically we didn't even see any pictures or videos of Kwang Soo and PBY talk. And they are known to be very good friends. Lack of footage doesn't mean they didn't communicate. A lot of people would say that though SongSong were keeping their relationship a secret, they had slipups. Nut let's not forget this is the same agency. UAA probably learnt from that experience. Also...the slipups were not as detrimental to Hye Kyo's image as much as they would be to Hyung Sik's...whose only starting to take off as an actor.

Another thing is, i think the SongSongWedding was very close to that one actor's death. I recall reading that PBY was heavily influenced by his death. She seemed very downcast even as she walked to the wedding ceremony.

The fact that PHS sent her the food truck shortly after the wedding shows that there must have been some kind of exchange between them. Could have been a short conversation, could have been a long one. There's really no way to tell. It's simply a matter of looking at it in a glass-half-time or glass-half-empty way.

This one is easy...that was definitely him exercising some self-control especially since he couldnt help that their chemistry has palpable during the conference. From their responses, it was clear that they have a strong rapport. He can't control his facial expressions or reactions...but he can control his hands for the few minutes that the cameras are on them.

Not if you want to keep your relationship private. Not unless you want to give people more ammunition to suspect you.

Let me paint you a picture... you're working someone that you get along really well with. Then you guys get romantically involved. Your chemistry is so strong that everyone else in the office suspects something is going on between you two. You both deny. Then all the office workers go for a company retreat. In public areas like the poolside or restaurant...do you stick together like glue? Or do you go out of the way to not sit or be seen together? Do you coordinate meeting in private? Or decide to be patient and not reckless while you're there with your colleagues, and risk getting caught? In this case...it's not just the staff that they needed to consider, but the hundreds of fans who were keeping such a close tab on them.

While this concern of yours is valid, you're basing them off the very limited witness accounts, in very public areas. No one stalked them for 24 hrs, no one knows what they did the majority of the time that they were not out in the open...or seen by people.

Like the Song Song wedding, a movie premiere is also a highly publicized event. In fact you can expect more cameras to be on you at a movie premiere, than the supposedly-tightly-secured SongSongWedding. When you're friends, you dont mind being seen or photographed together. When you're something more, you want to stay as discreet as possible.

It's no secret that PHS was super duper busy in the months following SWDBS. It's also not a secret that when he had no public appearances (from PHS' side) or she had no filming or VLives (from PBY's side), there was a complete blackout from both of them. And coincidentally many times their social media and sighting blackouts were at the same time.

We all know from interviews that both PBY and PHS prefer dating quietly...enjoying basic things like watching a movie or things that sound to boring for celebrities. If you're someone with an intense schedule, and are in a relationship...what do you do when you're not busy? Go out and party all the time? Or stay off the radar, and date in peace...preferably eat home cooked food and talk.

I don't think it's a good time for them to confirm their relationship. Personally, i think that they were great friends during filming, he may have even confessed after filming ended but perhaps she politely declined, citing his career trajectory. That is all hypothetical. No one knows what they do all day. No one knows what's in their hearts. What we can be certain of is that they are still friends, and in touch. The fact that they had such a fire chemistry means that they had a spark. Love is timing...maybe what PBY meant by that is that I found the right person...but this is not the right time for us. To make it work...we have to wait for the right time. Until then...I want us to stay friends.

That just makes things more suspicious. Why do unusual things if you have nothing to hide? Another, perhaps better reason is that PBY and Kwan Soo had to appear together because they were filming a movie. They need to create whatever buzz they can...take whatever publicity opportunity that presents itself.

Award season was AFTER SWDBS ended. They didnt need to promote it. Maybe they would have presented together at an award show if 1. she didn't have the surgery and rehabilitation so soon after SWDBS, 2. She didn't start filming the Your Wedding movie shortly after recovering, 3. He didn't have so many things scheduled after DBS ended.

I may have said this before but I'm saying all this less as a shipper and more of my instincts as a PR professional. I have managed some celebrities in my country...and have also dealt with my fair share of celebrity dating scandal to see past some agency strategies. I know it can be frustrating as a shipper when there's a dearth of hints but sometimes 1. the celebrities cherish their relationship too much to make it public. So much so that they sacrifice the luxury of going out on dates. 2. Agencies go above and beyond to pre-buy paparazzi pics for their high profile clients. 3. Agencies often have entire teams coordinating star schedules to facilitate personal life and relationships.

Stay positive.  

yes, agree.. well said.:blush::blush:

@tallyu Thank you! 

Your points are very good!!

1. I did watch the BTS and I do see when PHS would hold BY's arm when she trips on something and the behind the scenes woman comes over and those seem like his genuine self and not him playing AMH. And there's that scene where he's checking for the BTS camera then makes a hearteu quickly to BY (it's awkwardly cute and and out-of-place, something PHS would do as he doesn't really have a lot of experience with GFs).

Really liking your professional take! In a workplace-related setting like Bali trip for the cast, if BY was starting a relationship with a coworker...(and BY is 110% professional which is why ppl want to work with her so much)...she would definitely keep a respectful distance from PHS. She wants to keep her professional rep intact. 

And she really does not do fan service outside of her role! I remember anytime anyone asked about SJK she always outted him as a good marketer for saying "Bo Young is mine!" and that it was for the movie. So all the stuff in SG...that was 100% BY caught off guard when she checked his reaction and asked for permission to walk off stage --not her trying to live up to what fans wanted to see between her and PHS.

Again thanks for the new perspective! I thought no news and not seeing them together was a bad thing but the fact that they have overlapping moments -- PHS going to same events, similar blackout periods, PHS still talking highly of her (although more trained now), sending a food truck with those messages, the uri hyung sik-ssi moment are all small clues!

Plus this couple is definitely still budding and needs time to grow career-wise and relationship wise so maybe it's better in private rather than in public -- I do love hearing little clues though.

PS new hero is the lady who yelled BY in HK press conf.

4 hours ago, phoenixforce said:

came across this tweet.. what do you think? :wacko:

https://twitter.com/lexdexi/status/956017801826852864

A fan asked her on Vlive why she didnt ask for tickets from Park Hyo Shin. Her response was something like: as a fan it's not right to ask for tickets she wanted to buy her tix. If PHS offered to get her tickets cause of his contact, I'm sure she would have said something similar to him as well.

Gotta respect that she doesn't take advantage of her stardom.

3 hours ago, fanofdbws said:

A fan asked her on Vlive why she didnt ask for tickets from Park Hyo Shin. Her response was something like: as a fan it's not right to ask for tickets she wanted to buy her tix. If PHS offered to get her tickets cause of his contact, I'm sure she would have said something similar to him as well.

Gotta respect that she doesn't take advantage of her stardom.

Also....pretty sure that if someone as influential and well-connected as Park Bo Young really... actually wanted to go to his concert, Hyo Shin himself would have offered her the tickets or invited her. I don't think she would have relied on Hyung Sik or anyone. Just saying.

https://twitter.com/NFiaLysa/status/954303637316026369

OMG cute reaction from Cha Hun when he was asked about PBY as his ideal type! 

And this bts of the making of Speed MV where the guys are totally fangirling over PBY is so cute. (The group is not together anymore and this is about 5 years old but they are still so cute).

I love PHS and PBY together but PHS better recognize that he's not the only one crushing on his girl so he better put a ring on her. LOL.

I like PHS's personality (loyal, thoughtful, kind, caring, goofy) -- but he started off as an idol. He knows he's good looking and there are women everywhere trying to meet him now. A guy needs to know that the girl he's interested isn't just anyone. And he shouldn't be thinking that he's the only one vying for her attention or he'll drag his feet -- or think he can find someone better. THERE IS NO ONE BETTER THAN PBY FOR PHS and he better recognize that. Lol

PHS is a rising star and while PBY is established, I would love to see their careers grow and expand even more when they are in a relationship so they can support each other. 

On 01/02/2018 at 11:42 PM, susieunnie said:

Been so quiet lately.. Uri HS is in HK now for his fanmeet! Can't wait to see some clips!! But in the meantime... This is a cute clip! The host was asking what plans HS had for Valentines Day, and a shipper shouted PBY's name and he threw a cute reaction haha. Yay shippers!!!

CTO

So I've watched this clip at least 100 times and I think it's NOT a laugh of someone shy or uncertain (such as in  SG fan meeting) or rejected (and this is important!).

If PHS finally declared himself to PBY and got rejected I don't think this is the natural reaction when someone calls out their name to you. You'd either unconsciously shake your head or you'd look down kind of in denial even if you're laughing/smiling in either reaction. 

If there was never an attempt ie PHS never even tried with PBY and declared his feelings. I think his reaction would be more neutral, maybe still shy maybe even indifferent. Like he tried, didn't work, he's moved on mentally and emotionally and now doesnt even react to her name.

But to laugh and tilt your head back like that when the name of PBY is called out - there's a confidence there. Yes he's more media savvy by saying he wants to spend Valentine's day with all his fans. But this reaction makes me think something's going on...at best there's an understanding between them that he is happy and comfortable with.

Am I going crazy and just trying to read more into his reaction?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ber3n6rhqKP/

Another angle of same response posted by chloris2lee on instagram. It also shows more after his response of wanting to spend Valentine's day with his fans.

Notice how he seems more distracted with the follow-up questions and after making little heart symbols at the fans he just starts giggling again? He wasn't giggling before when he was doing those same heart symbols on stage so what's the difference? Why more giddy?

The fan yelling out PBY's name is the only thing I can think of. And his giggling reminds me of this interview where the interviewer called out his ideal of PBY. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ-Tyf2hvfT/ 

Post from kdramachoseme

I'm still a shipper though there has been no couple sightings at all. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, fanofdbws said:

So I've watched this clip at least 100 times and I think it's NOT a laugh of someone shy or uncertain (such as in  SG fan meeting) or rejected (and this is important!).

If PHS finally declared himself to PBY and got rejected I don't think this is the natural reaction when someone calls out their name to you. You'd either unconsciously shake your head or you'd look down kind of in denial even if you're laughing/smiling in either reaction. 

If there was never an attempt ie PHS never even tried with PBY and declared his feelings. I think his reaction would be more neutral, maybe still shy maybe even indifferent. Like he tried, didn't work, he's moved on mentally and emotionally and now doesnt even react to her name.

But to laugh and tilt your head back like that when the name of PBY is called out - there's a confidence there. Yes he's more media savvy by saying he wants to spend Valentine's day with all his fans. But this reaction makes me think something's going on...at best there's an understanding between them that he is happy and comfortable with.

Am I going crazy and just trying to read more into his reaction?

I see what you are seeing and I don’t think you are going crazy or reading too much into his reaction. I have also seen the video multiple times. His smile really says something and gives him away. He is genuinely happy and you can’t fake that. Just hearing PBY’s name makes him giddy (all smiles). The response of him saying that he wants to spend Valentine’s Day with the fans is just to please the fans and avoid the question. It’s too obvious. Yes, he has gotten media savvy. 

Has anyone seen the video where PHS is asked what super strength he wanted to possess during the HK event? For all the things he could say and think of he wanted to have super speed powers so that if and when Bong soonie was hungry he could cook something super fast. He said that with a huge grin on his face. It was super cute because he seem so proud to say that. PHS always seem to have PBY in his thoughts. After all, Bong soonie is PBY according to PHS. 

Something seems different this year with PHS and PBY in a good way. Let me explain. PBY downloaded a bunch of pictures from her phone to share with us, her fans this year. That was a nice surprise. I’m sure she has pictures that she does not want to share which is understandable. What about that picture with the SWDB BTS wedding where PBY drew 2 pink hearts in front of herself and PHS?! Did she mean to share that pic? I’m glad she did though, lol. The two of them going to the same movie premiere last month but only PHS being photographed. He is such a good decoy for PBY to get into the theater without being caught. PBY just had her Vlive and she had the same reaction when PHS’s name was mentioned. She had the cutest laugh. 

I dont know if they are in a relationship or not because there is no confirmation but something is there. As others have said, time will tell and hopefully a wedding announcement will be the next thing we hear either later this year or next. 

3 hours ago, 4everBYHS said:

Has anyone seen the video where PHS is asked what super strength he wanted to possess during the HK event? For all the things he could say and think of he wanted to have super speed powers so that if and when Bong soonie was hungry he could cook something super fast. He said that with a huge grin on his face. It was super cute because he seem so proud to say that. PHS always seem to have PBY in his thoughts. After all, Bong soonie is PBY according to PHS. 

Something seems different this year with PHS and PBY in a good way. Let me explain. PBY downloaded a bunch of pictures from her phone to share with us, her fans this year. That was a nice surprise. I’m sure she has pictures that she does not want to share which is understandable. What about that picture with the SWDB BTS wedding where PBY drew 2 pink hearts in front of herself and PHS?! Did she mean to share that pic? I’m glad she did though, lol. The two of them going to the same movie premiere last month but only PHS being photographed. He is such a good decoy for PBY to get into the theater without being caught. PBY just had her Vlive and she had the same reaction when PHS’s name was mentioned. She had the cutest laugh. 

I dont know if they are in a relationship or not because there is no confirmation but something is there. As others have said, time will tell and hopefully a wedding announcement will be the next thing we hear either later this year or next. 

Hold up!!! He said what to what???? I need a solid confirmation that this HK thing really happened because it is a MASSIVE clue. It's a massive clue that he is actually dating someone.

I'll tell you why...

If you ask a single person, who is focussed solely on his career and not interested in dating, which superpower he wants to have...he'd wish for something pertaining to himself...like the ability to fly, be invisible, super-strength etc. 

If you ask a single man who wants to date, which superpower he wants, he'd say something that pertains to other people like...reading people's minds, or being able to tell if people are lying or not etc. 

If you ask a man in a relationship, who is still in the honeymoon phase of said relationship (thus doesn't think about anything else other than the person he's with), about which superpower he wants, he'll say he wants something that helps him with JUST that person...not other people in general. He'll say...being able to read someone special's mind, or being able to keep a certain someone safe or...case in point, use superspeed to cook for someone. 

Please note that it is a suspiciously specific wish, which means only one thing. That this situation has happened. He wanted to cook for someone special, but couldn't do it (or do a very good job at it) because he was too slow or there was limited time. And let's be real...that's not him playing into the Ahn Min Hyuk character. Because we all know what a lazy bum he was about cooking. The only meal he ate was when he was at the office, or he'd eat out. He never even made the effort to cook something for himself even though his mother was a good cook. After she came into his life, he always demanded that Bong Soon should cook for him. Even when they were dating, she was the one who prepared the picnic basket. So that isnt him talking as an extension of his character. Also....Bong soon is a great cook herself. Why would there ever be an occasion when she's really hungry and she can't cook for herself and has to rely on AMH (who's got questionable cooking skills) to cook for her?

I don't know if Hyung Sik can cook or not, but I do know that he's a sucker for romantic gestures, so cooking for a loved one isn't too much of a stretch for him. Can someone please tell me if a) Hyung Sik is fond of cooking or not, and b.) If he and bo young are foodies or not, and c) since I'm way off at the deep end, someone please tell me what he actually said in response to the superpower question.

On 17/04/2017 at 12:33 PM, stroppyse said:

Your translation is right. The Korean text that you quote in your post says:

Park Bo Young said " 'Ji Soo sent "Noona, have you eaten?' (in polite language), while Hyung Sik-shi asked more casually 'Did you eat? You slept without eating, didn't you?' (in casual language)." She continued "The charms of the two are very different. Just like their roles, Ji Soo is like Guk Doo, Hyung Sik-shi is like Min Hyuk. So much so that I had to ask him how he could be so bright." 

Just to add to the convo about PHSs super power. Way on the early pages of this forum someone posted an interview with PBY and the charms of her 2 leads. Both Jisoo and PHS were texting and asked if she'd eaten..but PHSs question wasn't just casual it was a little more personal asking if PBY had slept without eating. 

And now in HK he says if he had a super power he would cook meals super fast for Bong Soon .... knowing that PBY has a habit of working hard enough to be too tired to eat! 

I've looked at all the YouTube vids but many are not translated...if someone could find that clip and translate it that would be amazing!!!

5 hours ago, tallyu said:

Hold up!!! He said what to what???? I need a solid confirmation that this HK thing really happened because it is a MASSIVE clue. It's a massive clue that he is actually dating someone.

I'll tell you why...

If you ask a single person, who is focussed solely on his career and not interested in dating, which superpower he wants to have...he'd wish for something pertaining to himself...like the ability to fly, be invisible, super-strength etc. 

If you ask a single man who wants to date, which superpower he wants, he'd say something that pertains to other people like...reading people's minds, or being able to tell if people are lying or not etc. 

If you ask a man in a relationship, who is still in the honeymoon phase of said relationship (thus doesn't think about anything else other than the person he's with), about which superpower he wants, he'll say he wants something that helps him with JUST that person...not other people in general. He'll say...being able to read someone special's mind, or being able to keep a certain someone safe or...case in point, use superspeed to cook for someone. 

Please note that it is a suspiciously specific wish, which means only one thing. That this situation has happened. He wanted to cook for someone special, but couldn't do it (or do a very good job at it) because he was too slow or there was limited time. And let's be real...that's not him playing into the Ahn Min Hyuk character. Because we all know what a lazy bum he was about cooking. The only meal he ate was when he was at the office, or he'd eat out. He never even made the effort to cook something for himself even though his mother was a good cook. After she came into his life, he always demanded that Bong Soon should cook for him. Even when they were dating, she was the one who prepared the picnic basket. So that isnt him talking as an extension of his character. Also....Bong soon is a great cook herself. Why would there ever be an occasion when she's really hungry and she can't cook for herself and has to rely on AMH (who's got questionable cooking skills) to cook for her?

I don't know if Hyung Sik can cook or not, but I do know that he's a sucker for romantic gestures, so cooking for a loved one isn't too much of a stretch for him. Can someone please tell me if a) Hyung Sik is fond of cooking or not, and b.) If he and bo young are foodies or not, and c) since I'm way off at the deep end, someone please tell me what he actually said in response to the superpower question.

@tallyu Here is the you tube link to the HK event regarding PHS’s choice of super power plus other questions at the event. It starts around the 3:00 minute mark.

For some reason I can’t find the video that I watched before that had the video translated in English. But I did find this. Below is from puppycoupleavengers Instagram. A follower under the name of forreal5245 was nice enough to comment and translate that part in English. It looks like PHS was not going to cook but buy the food instead, lol! I was excited originally thinking he was going too cook, lol! Either way I’m happy with PHS’s response. What do you think? Can anyone else translate the super power part? I copied and pasted the comment. 

• forreal5245 At the FM press conference, when the reporter asked what kind of super power HS wanted to have, he said he wanted to have the ability of flash move, so that when DWS wanted to eat some delicious food, he could buy for her and bring to home quickly! How sweet!

I love how you are thinking @tallyu. 

Archived