[Taiwanese BL Drama 2017] HIStory Series (My Hero, 離我遠一點, 著魔)

Cedric Ong

23 hours ago, aniola said:

Was funny to read that after MODC ended

I wouldn't use the word funny. But I think I gott what you mean. 

What are you thoughts about the ending.

Spoiler

I didn't see it coming, like ep 17 it just came to my mind near the end if that epsode a feeeling that  something bad was going to happen. and so in the very end we have the situation. But for me was not defining that Yu Xi Gu died, I just thought he'd be injured because of the accident. So ep 10 just came and dropped slowly that bomb on us. I was caught in surprise. however I imagined it could happen. 

Spoiler

I think the tragic ending was ok afterall because was cohesive with the history. It's common to see this style of history, a relationship of the dreams, dramatically strong, and so in the end some tragic ending ( and mainly in the teenagehood). It's was not the direction I'd have picked, but I respetc it. 

Considering it, I was disappointed for not having the accident scene. 

Spoiler

There's a question I want a lot you guys opnions. 

Hsao ting in the very last scene talking to Sun Boo.

Sun Boo asked him a question I guess all the audience wanted to understand about the character. And I think definely it was somethig. because you won't put any random thing in the very last dialogue of your series. So I'm trying to figure out it's meaning. I think it was a waste Hsao Ting answer, nor that it doesn't make sense, it made. But for the sake of charatcter development. Me as a gay man. 

I wanted him to admit it, because in my POV he admited( for me he sad: "I really can't think about having any relationship by now, however, I do like men".  But  with  the dialogue we got with some ambiguity. Why that dualogue then? only for him to say like "maybe". 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tiny06 said:

I wouldn't use the word funny.

I guess my disappointment from the ending covered up most of possible sadness what i could have from what happened in the last episode. I wasn't actually smiling of course, but i didn't find a better word.

Spoiler

I dislike the ending not only because it ruined my hopes for happy ending and possible positive emotion what i would have from the series. But i think that it was the drama for the sake of the drama. Yes, car accidents are always sudden in real life, that why they are often used in movies/series for killing a person unexpectedly. But I think such story should have been build differently. Because for almost 9(18) episodes we were watching one of the versions of school love with typical daily problems, but then in the last ep. everything turned up side down and we were supposed to take it under moral note "to cherish you days with loved ones while you can". In a way it makes sense, yes, tragedy happens, but for me HIStory is not the series for such shock twist.

I might sound too strict but i just don't like unnecessary drama, and for me it was it. So i guess my main complains goes to the scriptwriter.-_- (But i like words about Xi Gu now always being 18 and Hao Ting is going far and far away from him.)

Also actors did great. Wayne (Hao Ting) portraying a person who suffers from lost really touched me.:tears:

3 hours ago, tiny06 said:

But  with  the dialogue we got with some ambiguity. Why that dualogue then? only for him to say like "maybe". 

Could it be that Hao Ting don't know the answer himself? He had one great love what happened to be a guy. And so far haven't meet another. He had a girlfriend before Xi Gu, and now his parents talked about some Phebe (probably the girl he knows close enough for his parents to know about her). So i don't think i have opinion on that matter.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, aniola said:

Was funny to read that after MODC ended..:phew:

Wow I didnt remember I wrote that. At that time, I really thought that we are going to get a happy ending, Did I jinx it :bawling:

7 hours ago, tiny06 said:

I wouldn't use the word funny. But I think I gott what you mean. 

Yeah since most of us are not native English speakers, we might not most often find the right words. But given the context we understand each other :).

I have finished watching only till 8th episode. I thought other than me, only @deltos (I am tagging you to share your thoughts on MODC:D) was watching this show. So there was no-one writing much about this series. But after that last episode, I got spoilers from all corners. Which shows that everyone were watching it silently but consistently. I was surprised with the viewers' number and shocked at the ending I read. Cant believe.

I will just read all your opinions. I dont know if I will watch the remaining 2 episodes :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

have finished watching only till 8th episode. I thought other than me, only @deltos (I am tagging you to share your thoughts on MODC:D) was watching this show.

lI seriously get the K-drama kind of ending...I think what. most fans are  upset with is that 1) Words were used to say there was a happy ending and 2) HIStory always has a happy ending.  So promises were broken.  Then the latest is possible plagiarism from a Japanese Manga that feels like not a coincidence...who knows.  There is more which I'll go to the other place and comment in closed shop<_<

Spoiler

8 hours ago, tiny06 said:
Spoiler

There's a question I want a lot you guys opnions. 

Hsao ting in the very last scene talking to Sun Boo.

Sun Boo asked him a question I guess all the audience wanted to understand about the character. And I think definely it was somethig. because you won't put any random thing in the very last dialogue of your series. So I'm trying to figure out it's meaning. I think it was a waste Hsao Ting answer, nor that it doesn't make sense, it made. But for the sake of charatcter development. Me as a gay man. 

I wanted him to admit it, because in my POV he admited( for me he sad: "I really can't think about having any relationship by now, however, I do like men".  But  with  the dialogue we got with some ambiguity. Why that dualogue then? only for him to say like "maybe". 

Spoiler

I think it was clear that is was " gay for you " relationship...Earlier  in the series, Hao-ting ask SunBo to help him with his feelings" you like guys right " . so I think SunBo was just trying to also help him sort his feelings at the end. There was no question that SunBo was gay..  The Phoebe person I'm guessing was a girl-friend in a platonic way. Even the parents talked about you have to say how you feel.  His heart really has no room for anyone else at that. moment but You Shi Gu...he's still going to the Himalayan mountains. So I wasn't surprised at his response. And truthfully it's the BL foundation...you can count on one hand the number of series where both ML's are gay.  So I don't take it to heart....I will give credit that MODC took it to a deeper level than we usually see

Spoiler

In the novel they get engaged in the HImalay

1 hour ago, dramaandfood said:

I dont know if I will watch the remaining 2 episodes

You can watch 9th until almost the end. It's nice episode, really.

1 hour ago, dramaandfood said:

Did I jinx it

Of course not.:)

35 minutes ago, deltos said:

Then the latest is possible plagiarism from a Japanese Manga that feels like not a coincidence...who knows.

And probably no one would have paid much attention to that if we got our happy ending.:phew:

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, deltos said:

In the novel they get engaged in the HImalay

Uwu, so romantic. Probably at night when the sky was full of stars.:rolleyes:

(But i hope they went to Himalay not too high, i heard that it can be dangerous.)

A bit to the bright sides:

- It was nice story. Xi Gu who had a hard life was quite lucky to meet a person who literally was going to make his life as happy as possible from now on. Sometimes i even was worried if Hao Ting left a place for his own dreams and wishes.

- I have a weak spot for stories with age gap (even my fav HIStory is "Right ot wrong") so Bo Xiang and Zhi Gang got my attention right away. Bo Xiang is a funny guy of course.:lol:

- Hao Ting and Bo Xiang have a great friendship. And how Zhi Gand took care about Xi Gu was very cute.

- I'm not sure why but i really liked Hao Ting's mother. I had an impression that she was good in being able to communicate with both her children and husband to manage to create balance and peace in her family even when it was not that smooth.

• Lynne changed the title to [Taiwanese BL Drama 2017] HIStory Series (My Hero, 離我遠一點, 著魔)

Archived