[Thai Drama 2017] Waterboyy The Series

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11.5.2017 at 2:01 PM, originalnickname said:

The conversation with the blind man in ep 5 was really beautiful, and the actor was better than any of the actors of this show lol, too bad it was just a guest part

You don't have to force yourself to watch this!!!!

On 19.4.2017 at 2:31 PM, originalnickname said:

I was re-watching the movie, and there are actually a few similarities : the main character doesn't get along with his father, his father asks him to take care of the new guy (Newie), new guy falls in love with him, girlfriend complicates things.... Hopefully it ends like the movie did and not with him choosing the girl over the guy 

* Oh and by re-re-re-watching the ost video, I realized that maybe TopTap is playing the father's lover (which is something that is in the movie as well, but they break up because of the son...)

I will tell you the will end up together because it's not a chinese drama..it's thai!!!

The problem is that WaixApo have too little screentime... The screentimes are concentrated on the other (straight) couples - I thought WaixApo would be the main couple (that's what the trailers suggested at least - they're clever tho, they put the g couple to attract fujoshis into watching the show and then throw tons of straight couples into our faces)

7 minutes ago, originalnickname said:

The problem is that WaixApo have too little screentime... The screentimes are concentrated on the other (straight) couples - I thought WaixApo would be the main couple (that's what the trailers suggested at least - they're clever tho, they put the g couple to attract fujoshis into watching the show and then throw tons of straight couples into our faces)

lol did you read my mind or something ? i came here just to say that, never seen a main couple barely get screentime like they are doing in this series, is so weird.

No to mention all of their parts were in the teaser, the hell are they doing tbh.

6 minutes ago, acklexxx said:

lol did you read my mind or something ? i came here just to say that, never seen a main couple barely get screentime like they are doing in this series, is so weird.

We are the same :tongue: Wai and Apo do get screentime, it's just that the screentime they have is not really about their relationship.... We are (already! o_O) halfway through the show, and their relationship is not moving much, besides the girlfriend being annoying af lol The show seems to be more about the relationship between Wai and his dad when we think about it.... I'm kinda having hope for Khluay and Chi (?), but I'm not sure if it's going where I want it to go xD  

7 minutes ago, acklexxx said:

No to mention all of their parts were in the teaser, the hell are they doing tbh.

Haha exactly what I say, they put the "bl" parts in the teasers to attract the fujoshis and then we have nothin' xD

2 hours ago, originalnickname said:

We are the same :tongue: Wai and Apo do get screentime, it's just that the screentime they have is not really about their relationship.... We are (already! o_O) halfway through the show, and their relationship is not moving much, besides the girlfriend being annoying af lol The show seems to be more about the relationship between Wai and his dad when we think about it.... I'm kinda having hope for Khluay and Chi (?), but I'm not sure if it's going where I want it to go xD  

Haha exactly what I say, they put the "bl" parts in the teasers to attract the fujoshis and then we have nothin' xD

I didn't think like that until this last episode(6) something have changed...i think at first they was the main couple. in the poster of this series the bl couple is on the front!!!
but in this episode i was a little disappointed to find out the living this couple behind with other stories and don't give them the same time and progress like the others...it's it's a shame
i was sure it will progress more. 
Maybe because there is a wave of bl drama they want to stop this
also  why they make only close up on Apo and less on Waii?! just because is dark skin?? i don't understand this from the start.

I watched the episode without sub because I'm too impatient LoL and Wai and Apo scenes were cute, honestly I would have liked more screen time for them cause imho they are the most interesting couple in WB. By the way on my mydramalist I read there will be 12 episodes.

5 hours ago, originalnickname said:

5 hours ago, originalnickname said:

It's already posted in one of the earlier posts, the credits goes like this:

White

Piglet

Victor

Fon

And then only New & Earth. Even if the trailer has a lot of them, it's actually a bit less or equal to the other 2 straight couples. Just looking at the credits should let us know already who are the main stars of the show.

3 hours ago, whitedove said:

It's already posted in one of the earlier posts, the credits goes like this:

White

Piglet

Victor

Fon

And then only New & Earth. Even if the trailer has a lot of them, it's actually a bit less or equal to the other 2 straight couples. Just looking at the credits should let us know already who are the main stars of the show.

weird cause this is based on the original story of apo wai and his dad

so taking their story and pushing them aside makes no sense

They do realize that the huge majority of the viewers tuned in just because the series is based on the bl movie right? I didn't start watching this series to follow tons of straight couples, if I wanted to watch a straight series I would choose U Prince... Waii and Apo get barely any screen time, zero development in their relationship, seems like all the feelings are one sided and if that's not enough they serve us a deep, passionate kissing scene between Waii and his girlfriend to make it even more straight (compare that kiss scene with his gf and that forced "smashing lips" style with Apo from previous episodes)... I am super disappointed with this series to say the least, I absolutely loved the movie Waterboyy and I thought the series will follow the movie, but boy was I wrong...

I honestly think that the producers think the addition of White as the straight male lead will be enough to tide the Fujoshi's over. But sorry, I don't care about the actors, I care about the plot and I want a gay love story please. I now only watch the Wai/Apo cuts that people put out there. 

P.S I triple hate this idea that girls only need a good man to become straight, what kind of nonsense is that? 

11 hours ago, sheaerwin said:

They do realize that the huge majority of the viewers tuned in just because the series is based on the bl movie right? I didn't start watching this series to follow tons of straight couples, if I wanted to watch a straight series I would choose U Prince... Waii and Apo get barely any screen time, zero development in their relationship, seems like all the feelings are one sided and if that's not enough they serve us a deep, passionate kissing scene between Waii and his girlfriend to make it even more straight (compare that kiss scene with his gf and that forced "smashing lips" style with Apo from previous episodes)... I am super disappointed with this series to say the least, I absolutely loved the movie Waterboyy and I thought the series will follow the movie, but boy was I wrong...

Not really. White, Piglet, Victor and Fon (especially Fon, who's coming off hot from her role in the trending I Hate You I Love You last year) are towards the top of GMM's popularity hierarchy (not really top-tier, but they're there). New and Earth and the rest of the cast are much lower than that. They know that whatever the story will be, fans of these 4 will still tune in, even if they don't make much noise like the BL fans, they're still the majority. If they want this production to focus only on the BL part of it, they would've casted lesser-known actors and actresses in these 4 roles. They're obviously banking on the fans of these 4 stars for the show and hoping that fans of these 4 will like the BL couple too, not the other around.

Just to give an example, from Puppy Honey season 2. What you heard from Thai fans are different from BL fans and Kang & Cherreen. Many BL fans want season 3, but Kang and Cherreen's fans are angry and disappointed. That translates to ratings too. Puppy Honey 2 only got like 0.3, much lower than the average One31 rating which is 1.0. I believe SOTUS was around 0.5. When fans get mad they don't wanna watch. Off/Gun got a lot more screentime in season 2, but why is the rating so low? That's because Kang & Cherreen's fans stopped watching.

On 15/05/2017 at 1:13 PM, whitedove said:

Not really. White, Piglet, Victor and Fon (especially Fon, who's coming off hot from her role in the trending I Hate You I Love You last year) are towards the top of GMM's popularity hierarchy (not really top-tier, but they're there). New and Earth and the rest of the cast are much lower than that. They know that whatever the story will be, fans of these 4 will still tune in, even if they don't make much noise like the BL fans, they're still the majority. If they want this production to focus only on the BL part of it, they would've casted lesser-known actors and actresses in these 4 roles. They're obviously banking on the fans of these 4 stars for the show and hoping that fans of these 4 will like the BL couple too, not the other around.

Just to give an example, from Puppy Honey season 2. What you heard from Thai fans are different from BL fans and Kang & Cherreen. Many BL fans want season 3, but Kang and Cherreen's fans are angry and disappointed. That translates to ratings too. Puppy Honey 2 only got like 0.3, much lower than the average One31 rating which is 1.0. I believe SOTUS was around 0.5. When fans get mad they don't wanna watch. Off/Gun got a lot more screentime in season 2, but why is the rating so low? That's because Kang & Cherreen's fans stopped watching.

A lot of fans (especially international fans *they don't want a season 3 lol believe me) HATED the way Puppy Honey 2 turned out (for Pick and Rome - they think they ruined their storyline)

And I second the fact that a lot of fans watched for the gay pairing, because they were the main couple in the movie... Well, thank god they casted popular actors for the straight couples, because otherwise the show would be a total flop

Archived