Broadcast Period: 2019

Cast:

Zhang Zhe Han

Li Yi Tong

Wu Jin Yan

Bao Jian Feng

Gillian Chung

Synopsis:

The story is set towards the end of the Shang Dynasty, a time often revisited to tell the story of an incompetent king who led his nation to its downfall. Ji Fa is a man who endeavors to make a change as he enlists the help of powerful people to achieve his vision.

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Zhao Ge 朝歌 Raw Episodes

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

It just looks amazing. The cinematography and CGI are mind blowing, really. Calling it, if the script will be as good as the visuals then that means we are waiting a damn masterpiece!

Edited by glorfindel
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Wotad said:

wow this looks stunning what beautiful picture's.

it really stunning right?

i went thru their weibo and i saw alot of hard work into those arts.....that the artist got into making up the prop and all.....i wonder why is taking it so long....probably cause this had to do with China History and recently they are stricter with this kind of period drama to ensure that they follow it closely.

• Like 1

Preview music NOT the official theme then I assume?

This is gonna come out THIS month?

6 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Preview music NOT the official theme then I assume?

This is gonna come out THIS month?

not sure yet when this will be air though

I wish Li Yi Tong have a bigger role in this. It sucks that in the trailer we barely see her, but that probably indicates that her role is rather small?

6 hours ago, Don Yu said:

I wish Li Yi Tong have a bigger role in this. It sucks that in the trailer we barely see her, but that probably indicates that her role is rather small?

I think she is a supporting role there *as a fox demon?* . From the trailer, yeah..it doesnt look like she has a big role

I think this will have great acting, like 'The Story of MingLan' plus with more action it will be a VERY good show.

Hopefully, it is so!

• Like 1

Wow what a high end production, the cinematography, CGI, sceneries :heart:

Ahhh there are two male lead from Legend of Yun Xi and also Xu Kai (i am getting familiar with c-actors now #proud). 

I hope the story goes well, since i think there are so many characters to be told.

• LOL 1

Looks like this drama is another retelling of the Daji story, and how she seduced Zhòu Wang into debauchery and caused the downfall of his kingdom. Somehow I doub this drama will have a happy ending.

From what I remember Zhòu Wang offended the creator Goddess Nuwa by making inappropriate comments in her temple. So she sent a fox demon to possess Daji and bring about the downfall of the Shāng dynasty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wikipedia said the filming finished in 2017. Actually this year there is another drama about the same story (Daji, Ji Fa, Ne Zhe, etc) called Investitute of Gods, starring Claudia Wang as Daji and Luo Jin as Erlang Shen and Deng Lun . That one seems to have more promotion. Maybe they will change the release date for this one because it's essentially the same topic? 

Ruyi couldn't beat Yanxi because it was released later. Anyone's thought on this?