learn korean through k-pop?

Yeah~ but I more-so hear phrases and words I already know in the songs! So it's like cool to hear them and be like ohhh now I hear it!! :D But when idols do their vlogs too, or v app stuff (I'm thinking BTS~), I can learn a lot of things from those as well, even from things as small as how the colloquial language sounds both structurally but also intonation and rhythm~!

But also certainly after watching episodes of kdramas, I just feel like using the phrases I've heard and being exposed to the language like that motivates me so much to keep studying~ ^^ Reality shows are fun too and teach me a lot! Haha I don't want my message to be too long, but yeah, we could totally talk about how helpful those options can be!! :D 

• Like 2

Sure! Although personally it hasn't helped me a whole lot with grammar, I think when it comes to K-Pop it has helped expand my vocabulary (I'll often analyze the lyrics and pick some words from them to study), and it is great listening practice! Like the words you know in a song, I think that hearing them every time you listen to it, your brain kind of gets more and more used to hearing them? Which is good help if you want to become fluent in a language, especially if you live in a place where you don't hear that language spoken on a daily basis cause then you'll recognize them more easily :D Watching K-Dramas/shows is great listening practice as well!

• Like 2

That's so cool to have a conversation in Korean T_T 

I've tried to learn Korean for many times but it always failed and now I know nothing except pronunciation. The biggest problem is that it's hard for me to remember the vocabulary and because I use English for too long, I always speak English first before realising that I should speak Korean instead T_T 

• Like 2

On 2.3.2017 at 8:38 AM, alinefvang said:

yah girl ! haha. omg ! totally ! xD it's funny. i have a korean classmate at school, & sometimes she says things in korean to me & stuff... i tell her all the time that my korean is so very limited, but just the other day, she was talking to me & i was responding back to her in english. & she was like, "SEE ! YOU DO KNOW KOREAN ! YOU KNOW IT WELL ENOUGH TO CARRY A 1-MINUTE CONVERSATION !" lol. but i was like... "ehhhhhh...." xD she was saying that it's not very common that people know how to speak or even understand it enough to actually even know what people are saying, but that it's impressive i know it ???? but... idk x_x haven't been practicing my korean in so long now lol. but i think i will definitely consider making it a commitment as soon as the school year is over for me ! ^_^

hahaha that's pretty cool tho i'd love to be able to say anything in korean :( 

do they use proper korean in dramas? cause i've heard that korean also has a very complex honorific speech system, which scares me a little :/ and the pronunciation seems so haaaard :( i love watching korean dramas and reality shows and i've picked up some words here and there, but i'm nowhere close to understanding korean at all.. also the writing system seems complicated to me... 

i guess you need some basics to understand a little bit of korean? right now i don't understand much except few words :'D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I definitely did! 

After listening to KPOP and watching so many variety shows over the years, I am able to somewhat understand Korean now and can kind of have a conversation in Korean. Definitely takes sometime to understand what people are saying but I think that it's really awesome that you can kind of start picking up a language after you absorb yourself so much into it overtime. 

K-dramas deffo! I only know a few words, but you do catch on to simple words that are repeated often. Thank you subtitles!

K-pop is a lot harder because it's fast, however you can easily learn a couple of words if you google the english/korean lyrics

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the wake of tuning in to KPOP and observing so numerous theatrical presentations throughout the long term, I am ready to fairly comprehend Korean now and can sort of have a discussion in Korean. Certainly takes at some point 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf to comprehend what individuals are stating yet I imagine that it's truly wonderful that you can sort of fire getting a language after you retain yourself such a great amount into it extra time.

Edited by kindouchous

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...