[Drama 2017] Suspicious Partner, 수상한 파트너

0ly40

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/28/2017 at 1:33 PM, mywebfoot said:

Hehe. I appreciate the fierce! 

I just checked the article you sent and see nothing of my own stuff. Perhaps anyone else who wrote commentaries in here might want to take a look to make sure for their own work. 

LOL only because The Kitchen has had posts stolen by Seoulbeats in the past and we had to report them as well.   My fierce is warranted! :angry:

20170727 note from the Suspicious Partner Blu-ray/DVD Production Team:

Hi from the head staff of the Director's Cut BD/DVD staff team.

While the pre-order is being processed, I want to inform you a final release of the BD/DVD might be delayed a bit.

The main director who will be in charge of the Director's Cut, Park Sun Ho (Mr. Park as below), has had his travel plan to South America before the finalization of production.  Because of it, he will start to edit the scenes after his trip which is around October, and the release will be postponed as well.  (The release date on Yes24 purchase site is arbitrarily set by Yes24.  The actual date is unrelated to it.)

Mr. Park wants to directly participate in the BD/DVD production procedures with his affection for this drama.  The staff team and retailer want to respect his will for the Director's Cut and proceed the production of it rather than a premium disc, although the release may be delayed.

We hope you understand this situation, and please wait for the successful release of the Director's Cut.

Thank you.

So basically what this note is saying is that Director Park's previously-arranged schedule for filming another drama in South America will delay the start of production editing on the Director's Cut until he returns to South Korea.  The SP Team has declined the idea of just releasing a Special Disc first, and then the official Blu-ray/DVD Box Sets with all the special items later.  Be aware that the release date may be later than the first-mentioned March/April 2018.

If you are still inclined to get involved in the pre-sale, remember that the pre-sale closes 6 August 2017 at 11:59pm KST.

Hello everyone. I've just finished Suspicious Partner and it is a great show. I'm loving it a lot.

The romance between Noh Ji Wook & Eun Bong Hee was bumpy. But the emotions and struggles were very portrayed excellently and delivered naturally by the scriptwriter and cast. I love it. Ji Chang Wook & Nam Ji Hyun were awesome!

I would love to have seen more of Ji Eun Hyun & Cha Yoo Jung. The triangle love before had them tied up emotionally so much. I was rooting for them through the show too. I wanted to hit Ji Eun Hyun on the head for being so tough on the outside when he really cared for Cha Yoo Jung a lot. Oh well. He had a hard time over the years too.

There were several adorable characters like President Byun, forever fighting mothers, schooling kid and man with future sight. They added flavours to the show in different ways. Love them!

As for the bad guys, I have no sympathy for them. Haha. They deserve their ending. (I was rooting for forensic guy, Go Chan Ho though. He's tall and cute.) Oh I hoped Chief Prosecutor, Jang Moo Young, would have shown more repentance and regret given how he had caused irreparable damage to several lives. Oh well.

The thing that got me hooked to the show is the romance and struggle. It was close to my heart. Anyway, excellent show!!! (Darn, I only watched it one month after it ended... I would love to have joined the discussion here...)

22 hours ago, dramacrayz said:

Hello everyone. I've just finished Suspicious Partner and it is a great show. I'm loving it a lot.

The romance between Noh Ji Wook & Eun Bong Hee was bumpy. But the emotions and struggles were very portrayed excellently and delivered naturally by the scriptwriter and cast. I love it. Ji Chang Wook & Nam Ji Hyun were awesome!

I would love to have seen more of Ji Eun Hyun & Cha Yoo Jung. The triangle love before had them tied up emotionally so much. I was rooting for them through the show too. I wanted to hit Ji Eun Hyun on the head for being so tough on the outside when he really cared for Cha Yoo Jung a lot. Oh well. He had a hard time over the years too.

There were several adorable characters like President Byun, forever fighting mothers, schooling kid and man with future sight. They added flavours to the show in different ways. Love them!

As for the bad guys, I have no sympathy for them. Haha. They deserve their ending. (I was rooting for forensic guy, Go Chan Ho though. He's tall and cute.) Oh I hoped Chief Prosecutor, Jang Moo Young, would have shown more repentance and regret given how he had caused irreparable damage to several lives. Oh well.

The thing that got me hooked to the show is the romance and struggle. It was close to my heart. Anyway, excellent show!!! (Darn, I only watched it one month after it ended... I would love to have joined the discussion here...)

Hello!!! So glad you watched SP and enjoyed it! Heheh. Until now, i'm still suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Hahahahhas. This show is like my benchmark show in terms of OTP chemistry. Haven't managed to find another one yet! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Hehe. 

I just re-watched ep when they broke up last night, I thought I was not gonna cry (as it was not my first time) but I did :bawling:

I finally order my blu-ray director's cut YAY!! I still visit this page every now and then. How I miss everybody here, the discussion, the pictures etc, I will visit this page until I find other drama that can replace Suspicious Partner :blush:

I'm also still randomly popping by here seeing and reading everyone's post. And I also finally ordered my DVD too! Hehe. Missing our Monday preview days, wed and thurs SP days where we await the next episodes. Gosh. When I started SP, I never expected myself to become so addicted to it, and affected me the way that it did. I doubt I will be able to find another drama that can help me with SP withdrawals. The drama has set my standards too high. Keke. 

• 3 weeks later...

still haven't started watching other k-drama, I cannot so my last Kdrama would probably be Suspicious Partner! :D But its all good I am happy. Visit the Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun on the shippers thread, you will see us there! <3 

I will probably start watching again, when they have a new k-drama together.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, they are opening up another round for the director's cut. So if you have missed out on the first round of pre-order, here's your chance! Pre-oder for this round is open till 20th October :) 

EDIT: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here. What are the rules for this? 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9.2.2018 at 10:26 PM, daloula said:

It’s been months but I still can’t move on from sp. I’ve never been in this kind of situation even with 15 years of kdrama watching.

Still waiting for the dcut dvd to finally be finished.

hahah. I didn't expect your post here dearie! Hehe. Same here too. sighs.. A

And anyway, since i'm here, might as well share what i shared in our OTP thread too.

2 hours ago, babyval22 said:

Oh for our fam who haven't bought the D-cut and wishes to do so, please remember to purchase it now! This will prolly be the last pre-order session that they are opening up alr (logically since the items are more or less confirmed) .. the last day of purchase is until 21 Feb 2018.

I did my purchase from this link and i suppose it shld be the same link to purchase it from this time too.

DVD: https://global.yes24.com/Goods/42760519

Blu-ray: https://global.yes24.com/Goods/42759996

ctto

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Happy birthday, Suspicious Partner! Wishing thee a toothsome two!

2XRn2V2.jpg

How do I love thee? I couldn't count the ways,

But if I had to, it'd be the JiJi way,

Forever and ever and ever.

Met one night... lasted a lifetime.

• 1 month later...

Caught this recently on Netflix and was somewhat surprised at how (largely) enjoyable this was particularly because I wasn't very impressed with the "I-can-spot-a-pervert-a-mile-away" female lead at the start. The OTP's early encounters were ridiculously overdone. But when she got off her high horse, the histrionics toned down and things began to chug along nicely, the show began to come into its own. 

On some level I'm not sure what to make of this attempt to mesh such a brutal subject matter with comedy. In the hands of a skilled writer and PD of course this could work. It worked fantastically in Prison Playbook. But here... I dunno... it felt like I was watching two or three different dramas with the same characters jumping from one Jasper Fforde novel into another. Perhaps I was sufficiently placated by the charming cast that I let this juggling act slide for the most part. However, I am left wondering what could have been if the show had been more focused. Gang rape is a deadly serious matter as is the injustice that ensued and so is revenge killing but it's hard to take all that seriously when its peripheral to the storyline. I'd be the first to admit that I enjoyed the humour from our motley crew of legal eagles... many genuinely laugh out loud moments... but I didn't feel as outraged by the shenanigans of the evil people as I suspect I should have been. That aspect of the drama seemed more like a Columboesque puzzle in the background while the romancing took centrestage. 

JCW is an exceedingly talented lad. He is absolutely the total package. And I would watch him in almost anything he's in just to see him romancing some lucky female. (Sadly I couldn't stomach Empress Gi for long.) Fortunately this was a-better-than-decent drama and he was actually very funny. I adored his reaction to having the wind taken out of his sails especially the way his voice drops a tone or two in boyish awkwardness.

I thought NJH was new to me until I (as we do) looked her up and discovered that she was in Angel Eyes with Kang Ha Neul. Wow... she has really grown up. I appreciate the way she throws herself into romantic scenes... and in more ways than one she reminds me of Yoon Eun Hae. 

Anyway, I loved the gang so much that I forgive the show its sins. i do wish though that the show took a more consistently slice of life approach with the team solving individual cases like they do on OCN shows. The last few episodes can then be directed to focus on one major case. I loved the last fifteen minutes and appreciated the message behind but it was somewhat at odds with the rest of the drama in emphasis. It was like watching the ending of the Taiwanese drama, In Time with You rather than a wrap up to a legal drama about miscarriages of justice.

• 4 months later...

Good drama, but the writer always does something to make the characters stupid and, in a lot of ways, guilty by their silence. They usually make the women the stupid character.

Spoiler

She realized that the guy was the murder. Instead of telling the guy she loved the truth, she kept it to herself. He did something similar, but she confirmed it. While the two of them keep information to themselves, other people are also being killed.

Sadly, these people don't take any precautions at all when dealing with killers. The thing about horror movies is you know that the characters are going to make stupid decisions. In this drama, you could see the stupid decisions being made constantly. Although this drama was interesting, I have to admit that I found myself in the last 15 episodes, skipping through some of it. It also has a lot of the normal drama predicable elements.

One side story I wish the writer had just left out was the fact that the female prosecutor who was dating the male lead, then slept with both of their best friend, then comes back after years and wants to be with the lead again. Of course the best friend she slept with still has feelings for her, but also wants to build back his relationship with the male lead. For me, they should have just dropped this plot line altogether because with friends like this, who need enemies. The writer if they wanted to include this scenario in the drama should have developed it better....a lot better.

Lastly, the fact that an old prosecutor could take a criminal, even in handcuffs, and control him when 2 to 3 police officers could not?  Nor did it make sense that because a girl he liked was attacked by a gang of guys and it drove her to commit suicide, that he would then start randomly killing people. The logic is so off in this drama. It's as if the writer wanted a plot twist. 

I wish some of these writers will either do romance or do suspense/action, but don't do both. You have to be a strong writer to make action and romance work (The Story of Ming Lan), otherwise the plot will be weaken.

This drama has a lot of great actors and they act their roles perfectly, I just hate watching a drama where my reasoning is more detailed that the people who are supposed to be the experts.

Archived