[Drama 2017] Sister is alive 언니는 살아있다

0ly40

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about some characters.

Dal Hee - She is the most sinister of the villains so let's not be surprised about anything she does. Later on she is going to get hit by all sides when all her secrets get revealed and her partner Se Kyung will betray her at one point.....unless Dal Hee betrays her first. I know she will try to get back with Ki Chan when she finds out who he is. But he'll just find out she sold him out back then and get his own revenge on her. My other issue is that Dasom's acting is a bit bland for the character. There's not enough anger or craziness from her voice. But we are still near the beginning of the drama so maybe we'll see her do better later? 

Se Kyung - She is the most cold hearted of the villains and it irritates me how calm she is about everything. I'm waiting for the moment she shakes with fear and realize that her money and her dad's power isn't going to help her forever. She's desperate to take over her dad's company which is why she even had the nerve to bring down and control Se Joon. Ki Chan and Eun Hyang are currently planning their revenge against her and I am so curious on what they plan on doing. The only thing I know for sure that will happen is Se Kyung losing the company to Ki Chan but that probably won't happen until the last episode. What I also wanna know is what will her husband do when he finds out about everything she did? He better not just stand around and do nothing.

Ms Lee - Seriously, she thinks she's the most pitiful person in the world when deep down inside she's just as evil as Se Kyung. She's the reason why Ki Chan wasn't able to find his way back home and lived a hard lonely life. Se Joon also could have grown up differently and not worry about being an illegitimate son compared to his half siblings if they had left that house the moment she knew about her pregnancy. But no, she made her son and herself stay in that house just so she can make Se Joon could take over his father's company when most of us knew that Se Joon never had what it takes to run it. Right now, she's out to ruin that actress Deul Re. And we still don't even know why Deul Re looks exactly like the CEO's dead wife. I remembered someone saying the stalker also worked for Ms Lee and he's probably not even dead. 

Little sister Hong Shi - I could tell she's going to be protecting her unni for a very long time, which will be frustrating to watch. The writer did something different. Instead of using an adult to blindly protect the villain, they used a sweet child so that we can't cuss her out lol. When this drama gets past half way, she'll finally see her unni for what she truly is and yell at her for killing daddy. Also, how accepting will everyone be when her relation with her unni is revealed? She'll be sad and think of herself as a burden to everyone. No one should blame her for having an evil half sister.

Se Joon - As cute as his relationship is with his grandma, he needs to stop getting babied or else he is never going to grow up. He'll only remain as a spoiled brat. He's really insecure which is why he complains so much. Sure we can blame his dad and sister for not showing love towards him. Sure we can blame his mom for not being a proper mother to him. Sure we can blame grandma for not treating him as an adult. But we can also blame him. Instead of working hard to prove himself to his dad, he does the complete opposite. He's lazy and just wants to have fun. Like his mom, he thinks he's so pitiful. Compared to Ki Chan, his life is pretty good. Sorry Se Joon but you and your mom aren't the pitiful ones, Ki Chan is. But I can already imagine his thoughts when he finds out about his "not dead" hyung. The jealousy, the complaints, hell he might even team up with his sister just to take down Ki Chan. 

Tae Soo - The only thing that makes him different from the other villains is that he doesn't deny to himself how much of a monster he is for killing his daughter, while the other villains would think to themselves "I'm going to continue ruining lives because I will never have sins." But yeah everytime his daughter gets brought up it eats him up. He doesn't wanna get punished in any way which is why he's keeping his involvement a secret. But his ex wife Eun Hyang found out about his crime, including his adultery, early and now he's trapped and getting what he deserves. And it's still only the beginning. All he needs to do is just turn himself in before it gets worst. This guy is just too busy trying to move on but it's too late to do that because you got caught already.

I like where the plot is going but the pacing is not as fast paced as the writer's last drama. Ep 9 and 10 had too many comedy filler scenes. I just really wanna watch Ki Chan, Ha Ri, and Eun Hyang's storyline. It was not a good idea for Ki Chan to spend time around his biological family's house since they are currently his enemies. You mean to tell me for the 1 year he went to deliver flowers he doesn't know that house is also where Se Kyung and her dad lives? I have a feeling Ki Chan is gonna seem more like a damsel in distress than Ha Ri in this drama. Ha Ri should stop making her phone conversations so obvious because now Sera Park knows her connection to Ki Chan's dead best friend and to the car accidents. Stupid leads all over again. I can tell Eun Hyang doesn't wanna do anything bad to the son and husband of Se Kyung but now she just has to pretend to help around. She still needs to watch her back in case Se Kyung starts to suspect something. Couldn't Deul Re get a better storyline instead of her being somehow linked to a dead woman she looks like? Se Joon is back from America and still acting like a spoiled brat. I can tell he's gonna be a nuisance even more soon, especially with Ki Chan hanging around now.

Viki is starting to slow down on subs now so it might even take over a week just to complete one episode. But I am so glad Dramafever also picked this up because every Wednesday we will be guaranteed fully subbed episodes.  

Today's episodes were awesome because I didn't feel like I was watching filler episodes, unlike last week. All the villains almost got caught but they were saved last minute. That's fine with me since it's still too early to expose anyone. I'm just glad that all the villains are shaking up and that everybody is actually doing things worth watching. 

I'm enjoying this drama and its been awhile. So here is my take on the characters 

DH see's herself as just reaping an opportunity that changed her life and all she did was betray GC, but that's just her delusion. The truth is she is the cause of death for all of them.The little girl died in the fire only because help did not reach her. and no one ever taught her to get down low and crawl for the first exit. The husband died  because DH cause the accident with his ambulance turning over. The cut break line accident did not cause life threatening injuries. Again DH  accident caused the ambulance not to arrive in a timely manner and the police unable to catch the crazy stalker.

GH ambitions are not just to make her nit wit son the head of the company but she also has delusions of becoming the great lady of the manor. The problem with a 50 episode drama is nothing else happens, we are given the story in the first couple of episodes and the rest is about accomplishing justice. The only side issue is the missing heir and his return to the throne.  These four women should be changed forever by these events, and I know it's still early days yet but the only one we see changing is EH. She got the ex husband where it hurts the most in his pocket and he is so clueless that he hasn't even entertained the idea EH may have reaped some benefit

I really would like to see some growth in the characters, because to accomplish their goal they are going to need more than just a desire. They should become stronger, wiser and clever. For example HR is keeping the sister of DH in order to catch her, she also knows that the father gave her something before he died, yet is has never occurred to her to search the girls things to find out what it is.It's amazing how she recognized DH immediately at the apartment but not at the office,  

I really lie the premise of the story and hope I don't give up before the end.

Why Kang Ha Ri change her hair style so fast? LOL.
I thought Dal Hee will play dumb in front of Ki Chan. The story is crazy fast. I hope they will fast like this in the future, not dragging in the middle. Ki Chan sounds like protect Dal Hee in the future, as long as he stills don't know the truth. Poor him, can we cast a girl for him? And his new hairstyle looks like a failure.
The bgm in Eun Hyang - Hwan Seung 's scene is so good.

This thread is so slow is everyone on hiatus like I was?

This is 50 episode drama and unless all of trio smarten up and think they will never accomplish anything. The teacher is the only who has her target and is locked on, she has taken her ex's money and made him and SK fear that their affair will be exposed. The other two are just to slow and dim, will they ever get a clue? HR see's the cab driver with DH but get's sent off on an errand that's suppose to be important, she leaves HR and the cab driver still alone and later he gives them a fake video and yet she makes no connection. My thought's would have been if the documents were so important why is she standing around with the cab driver that came to see me.It's the same logic that has her keeping DH sister , when it would be clear even to the village idiot that DH don;t give a crap about that kid and is not going to come looking for her. 

I'm waiting for the flashback to show what Eh did to PM to get him to sleep with her in the first, because now it seem's like the sight of her annoys him. What happened with the stalker is he dead or alive? I don't think GC has any lingering feelings for DH he just doesn't want to believe that she could be responsible for the death of his friend, I get that these women are trying to rebuild their lives while trying to get justice for their love ones, but make something of interest happen.

@IBELIS Yeah where is everyone? Anyways, Ha Ri is just meant to look very dumb so it's not surprising about her not making any sort of connection. As for keeping Hong Shi? Ha Ri believes her sister will come for her because Hong Shi said so herself that her sister will come for her in "1000 nights." Since Hong Shi won't reveal her sister's identity, all Ha Ri has to do is look at the picture Hong Shi has of DH or look at the SD card(tunnel accident evidence) Hong Shi has. Ms Lee might have did something to cause her and PM to sleep together. Or maybe it really was just an accident one night. But knowing how much she likes him, it could be the anything. I do think GC still has feelings for DH because he never mentioned anything about wanting to break up with her and he's been desperately searching around for her since the beginning. When they do officially break up, I'm pretty sure DH will be the one to break up with him because he is just a common poor guy while she is living luxuriously. But she'll go running back to him when he gets revealed to be the true heir to Dinosaur Group. 

This is getting so good. I love the way Ki Chan just tells Dal Hee off but this was what she wanted to happen so that he'll never come into her life again. Se Joon is starting to like Ha Ri while Ki Chan makes it clear to grandma that he's not into Ha Ri, but is that really true? I'm starting to feel bad for Se Kyung but she brought it all on herself. She gets caught being responsible for trying to help get Ha Ri fired and her husband has his eyes on another woman(not realizing that he is being used). Eun Hyang is going to the dark side and there's no bringing her back. She feels bad for dragging the innocent husband and son in her revenge but she will not regret her decision because Se Kyung will still end up suffering. Deul Re and the chairman are close to finding out who the stalker is working for and it looks like the stalker will die in next week's episode. Ms Lee needs to get caught quickly and get kicked out of that house because her sins are also unforgivable. And I think Ms Lee and Dal Hee will end up teaming up together later on, I have a feeling it's gonna be about Ha Ri being a possible in-law in the future and Ki Chan's true identity.

I also hope the writer does better on the romance and love story because if you watched this writer before, you will know that she is horrible at writing love stories. Based on the 4 other dramas from this writer I watched, "Jang Bori Is Here" was the only one with a built up love story thanks to the wonderful chemistry between the leads. "Temptation of Wife's" built up was good too but the main guy was a such a weakling from beginning to the end that I just chose not to care anymore. As for the other 2 dramas, "My Daughter Geum Sa Wol" and Five Fingers" had a terrible love story and the leads having zero chemistry only made it worst.

3 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

This is getting so good. I love the way Ki Chan just tells Dal Hee off but this was what she wanted to happen so that he'll never come into her life again. Se Joon is starting to like Ha Ri while Ki Chan makes it clear to grandma that he's not into Ha Ri, but is that really true? I'm starting to feel bad for Se Kyung but she brought it all on herself. She gets caught being responsible for trying to help get Ha Ri fired and her husband has his eyes on another woman(not realizing that he is being used). Eun Hyang is going to the dark side and there's no bringing her back. She feels bad for dragging the innocent husband and son in her revenge but she will not regret her decision because Se Kyung will still end up suffering. Deul Re and the chairman are close to finding out who the stalker is working for and it looks like the stalker will die in next week's episode. Ms Lee needs to get caught quickly and get kicked out of that house because her sins are also unforgivable. And I think Ms Lee and Dal Hee will end up teaming up together later on, I have a feeling it's gonna be about Ha Ri being a possible in-law in the future and Ki Chan's true identity.

I also hope the writer does better on the romance and love story because if you watched this writer before, you will know that she is horrible at writing love stories. Based on the 4 other dramas from this writer I watched, "Jang Bori Is Here" was the only one with a built up love story thanks to the wonderful chemistry between the leads. "Temptation of Wife's" built up was good too but the main guy was a such a weakling from beginning to the end that I just chose not to care anymore. As for the other 2 dramas, "My Daughter Geum Sa Wol" and Five Fingers" had a terrible love story and the leads having zero chemistry only made it worst.

@sonequeen01   I agreeee Ki Chan and Se Joon are both falling for Ha Ri. Who will Ha Ri fall in love with. Se Joon has fallen hard for Ha Ri but Se Joon needs to grow up. I haven't seen him mature enough to deserve Ha Ri. Ha Ri need a man not a wimp. I feel bad for Se Joon because his mom is so evil. She is willing to go as far as murder to get rid of Deul Re. smh smh smh

Eun Hyang is goin to the darkside because she is still grieving for her daughter. Her husband was truly evil for leaving his daughter alone so he can shack up with a woman who has no feelings for him. I find Se Kyung being hurt by her husband cheating on her unbelievable. I find it unreal and it richard simmons me offf. When I saw how far EH is willing to go to hide from SK it frightened me and i just hated that i have to wwait for next week to see what happens. :bawling::bawling: 

Archived