[Drama 2017] Sister is alive 언니는 살아있다

0ly40

On 4/4/2017 at 0:34 PM, LoveSG said:

FTISLAND’s Lee Jae Jin Joins Cast Of New SBS Weekend Drama
E. Kang March 20, 2017

FTISLAND’s bassist will be once again donning his actor cap!

On March 20, a source from SBS revealed, “It is true that Lee Jae Jin will be appearing in SBS’s new weekend drama, ‘Sister Is Alive’ (tentative title),” and confirmed earlier reports. However, they clarified, “He has not yet begun filming.”

According to the source, Lee Jae Jin will be playing Na Jae Dong, the musically talented younger brother-in-law of Kang Ha Ri (Kim Joo Hyun). As such, his romance with Kang Ha Ri’s younger sister (Jin Ji Hee) will be something to look forward to.

“Sister Is Alive” tells the tale of three sisters who become self-reliant and find their own success from rock bottom, after unexpectedly losing someone they love. It is the work of Kim Soon Ok, known for dramas like “Jang Bo Ri Is Here” and “My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol.”

It will premiere on April 15 at 8:45 p.m. KST following the end of “Our Gap Soon.”

I've been following Lee Ji Hoon's IG and here is proof I think they have started filming this drama :D :

Aren't both cute? My dongsaengs :heart::heart::heart:

omo!! jae jin has a romance story here with jin ji hee?? i will watch this even if this have over 50 episodes. I just hope that there will be eng subtitles available for this... I've always liked that child actress jin ji hee...

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest I want to see what Dasom does here, I am curious about her the most. She seems to be somebody who ends up making wrong choices one after the other and how her sister gets involved in the mess. To be honest, what happened to her back in the US was 50% fault of the Sera Park brat and 50% her own stupidity. She should've called 911 right then and there but chose to flee. I liked her acting, I think starship did well by letting her get involved in a 50 episode daily. 

247CBD3658F0B4C1207792

Spoiler

2108DC3658F0B4C3348BC3

264D503658F0B4C62412E3

credit: to owner

can anybody kindly translate these. I'd be thankful.

30 minutes ago, ororomunroe said:

Is this a weekend show or a daily? I noticed that two episodes were released on Saturday? 

i believe its a weekend drama but they showed 2 episodes back to back ytd :blink::blink:...

i happened to caught the 1st 2 epi (C-subbed) just now....

i don really think i will continue this as its pretty same as the writer's previous work (my daughter geum sa-wol:crazy:) - making me angry for no reason :lol:haaaa

i found the relationship pretty chaotic for now as few of the actors were in as guest stars.

family.jpg

9 hours ago, queer said:

i believe its a weekend drama but they showed 2 episodes back to back ytd :blink::blink:...

i happened to caught the 1st 2 epi (C-subbed) just now....

i don really think i will continue this as its pretty same as the writer's previous work (my daughter geum sa-wol:crazy:) - making me angry for no reason :lol:haaaa

i found the relationship pretty chaotic for now as few of the actors were in as guest stars.

Where did you find the C-subbed version? Please PM me <3 

5 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

It is weekend show, but it airs every Saturday at 8.45 pm with 2 episodes back to back.

This is strange as most weekend dramas are every Saturday and Sunday, isn't it? 

However, I found online it is airing 2 ep back to back every Saturday at 8.45pm. please change thread title, kamsahamnida!

Found on http://www.koreandrama.org/whats-showing-now/

언니는 살아있다 / Unni is Alive / 姐姐還活着
Broadcast period: 2017-April-15 to 2017-Sep-30
Air time: Saturday 20:45 (2 episodes back-to-back)

Coming Soon: Band of Sisters (Unni Is Alive) starring Kim Joo Hyun, Jang Seo Hee and Oh Yoon Ah

by ShoSho Drama on Wed, Apr 12, 2017

Craving a drama that pulls at your heartstrings and makes you weep with joy? Get ready to watch this beautiful drama that celebrates life after death, relationships and most importantly women! Starring Kim Joo Hyun, Jang Seo Hee and Oh Yoon Ah, this drama is the perfect reminder to celebrate all the women in your life!

Synopsis 

Kim Joo Hyun (aka Han Joo Hyun from Modern Farmer)Jang Seo Hee (Obstetrics and Gynecology Doctors) and Oh Yoon Ah (Saimdang, Light’s Diary) star in an ensemble drama that proves the bonds of joy and love are stronger than even death. When three women lose their loved ones at the same time, they band together and help each other get through the pain and jointly raise a child.

The first “sister” is Kang Ha Ri (Kim Joo Hyun), who has a super personality that’s probably a bit too bright for her profession. She is a part-timer, who works at a stationary store and nail shop.

The second “sister” is Min Deul Re (Jang Seo Hee). She was once a popular actress. But the industry is brutal and the rule is simple: for the vast majority of actors and actresses, youth gone equals career gone. Now, she’s just a has-been.

The third “sister” is Kim Eun Hyang (Oh Yoon Ah), who is chic and elegant. She once worked at who once worked as a secretary at a huge firm. However, now she now focuses entirely on raising her daughter.

Together, these three focus on helping each other through tough times and face everything life throws their way. Looking for a way to heal, they bring some joy into their life by caring for a young girl together.

Joining the cast is also Seol Ki Chan (Lee Ji Hoon from  Go Ho’s Starry Night), a man who grew up in an orphanage and Yang Dal Hee (Kim Da Som, aka Dasom from SISTAR), a charming and intelligent girl who also seems to lie quite a bit and hates being poor.

Can the band of sisters cope with all that is coming their way via sisterhood, or is life a little more difficult than simply “fighting?”

Also known as “Unni is Alive” and “Sister is Alive,” Band of Sisters is directed by Choi Hyeong Hun, who fans will remember for his work on Second to Last Love. The drama is written by Kim Sun Ok (Temptation of an Angel), who is reuniting with her Temptation of Wife star Jang Seo Hee. Band of Sisters will air on DramaFever with two episodes every Wednesday starting on April 19, 2017 for a duration of 50 episodes.

*English subbed trailer, thanks from DramaFever:

Unfortunately I live in Singapore and got the error message below: :cold_sweat:

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

16 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I'll be honest I want to see what Dasom does here, I am curious about her the most. She seems to be somebody who ends up making wrong choices one after the other and how her sister gets involved in the mess. To be honest, what happened to her back in the US was 50% fault of the Sera Park brat and 50% her own stupidity. She should've called 911 right then and there but chose to flee. I liked her acting, I think starship did well by letting her get involved in a 50 episode daily. 

Reveal hidden contents

credit: to owner

can anybody kindly translate these. I'd be thankful.

Viki already translated it. 

Scroll down

https://www.viki.com/tv/35048c-sister-is-alive

Oh, Dasom is the main antagonist. I already hate her character very much although I see how she got to the breaking point. This is from Geum Sa Wol team so its likely I will continue to hate her till the very end. Too much info in the first two episodes but at least it has a fast pace. I hate slow build up.

11 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Oh, Dasom is the main antagonist. I already hate her character very much although I see how she got to the breaking point. This is from Geum Sa Wol team so its likely I will continue to hate her till the very end. Too much info in the first two episodes but at least it has a fast pace. I hate slow build up.

Yes. This writer always have fast pace in her script in first eps. Although she dragging too much at the middle.

I just finished watching the two episodes :) I really am starting to hate and sympathize Dal Hee at the same time. Circumstances made her the way she is but the way she handled her mishaps in life is really different from the way Kang Ha Ri handles them. Perhaps the humiliation she felt made the difference but still I find it hard to forgive a person doing such things... she started doing things on the wrong foot. 

Looking at Dal Hee and Ha Ri's interactions with Seol Ki Chan, I can already imagine how their love story with him would pan out. Now I just wanna watch how Ki Chan will react to the bad things Dal Hee does. 

Archived