Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: 2017-April-15 to 2017-Oct-14

Air time: Sat-Sun 20:45 KST

Cast:

Kim Joo Hyun

Jang Seo Hee

Oh Yoon Ah

Plot:

Sister Is Alive is about three women who each deal with some type of emotional trauma. They come together and bond over their similar suffering and form deep friendships. Becoming so close they decide to adopt a baby together as a form of healing for each girl.

Source: asianwiki

Soompi code of conduct      Soompi forum rules

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! Looks like Lee Ji Hoon finally landed his first male lead role!!! He is so talented in acting and I have been looking forward to him starring as first lead in a network drama :) I did not count "The Legendary Lackey" as his first lead role since that is a TV movie,

He deserves it after playing a string of good supporting roles in dramas like Blood, Six Flying Dragon, Mirror Of The Witch and The Legend Of The Blue Sea. I have been following him since You're The Best Lee Soon Shin and Mamma Mia :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

1 hour ago, LoveSG said:

Yay! Looks like Lee Ji Hoon finally landed his first male lead role!!! He is so talented in acting and I have been looking forward to him starring as first lead in a network drama :) I did not count "The Legendary Lackey" as his first lead role since that is a TV movie,

He deserves it after playing a string of good supporting roles in dramas like Blood, Six Flying Dragon, Mirror Of The Witch and The Legend Of The Blue Sea. I have been following him since You're The Best Lee Soon Shin and Mamma Mia :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I really like him too! I'm happy, excited and looking forward to watching him in a lead role. crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif 

FNC Add Culture Signs New Contract With Netflix For Upcoming Dramas

R. Choi March 14, 2017

FNC-Entertainment-family-e1489479058889.

FNC Add Culture has signed a new supply contract with Netflix.

On March 14, a source from FNC Add Culture stated, “The drama ‘My Only Love Song’ will be revealed through Netflix. After working on the post-production as well as the subtitles, it will be offered on Netflix all over the world.”

FNC Add Culture’s new contract with Netflix is notable since a show that is branded as a Netflix original is broadcast in all countries except the domestic market, making it a worthwhile deal beyond simple content distribution.

Ahn Seok Joon, the CEO of FNC Add Culture stated, “‘My Only Love Song’ was previously scheduled to air in China during February of this year, but there was some uncertainty regarding the launch date of China’s platform services. Due to the uncertainty of the broadcast date, we have decided to sign a deal with Netflix. This contract with Netflix will be a new opportunity for FNC Add Culture’s dramas to enter the global market.”

Meanwhile, Netflix is the world’s largest video streaming service company with more than 90 million subscribers located in more than 190 countries.

A source from FNC Add Culture also added, “In addition to ‘My Only Love Song,’ there is a drama lineup prepared including the upcoming SBS weekend drama ‘Sister Is Alive’ (tentative title) in April. 2017 is set to be a year of successful content creation.”

Source (1)

Very looking forward to this drama because of...??? because of JANG SEONG HEE and writer, KIM SOON OK, the master of MAKJANG (see MY DAUGHTER GEUM SA WOL and TEMPTATION OF WIFE).  OMG i can wait to see them work together again. i hope this drama too have a high ratings just like her previous drama.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:25 AM, Rickey Sayet said:

Very looking forward to this drama because of...??? because of JANG SEONG HEE and writer, KIM SOON OK, the master of MAKJANG (see MY DAUGHTER GEUM SA WOL and TEMPTATION OF WIFE).  OMG i can wait to see them work together again. i hope this drama too have a high ratings just like her previous drama.

I am interested also because this is Lee Ji Hoon's first male lead role <3 Look forward to him unleashing his charisma with the Noonas :heart:

This looks like an interesting drama. Will watch it because of Park Kwang Hyun from "Pink Lipstick" and Jang Seo Hee, OB/GYN Doctors, Two Mothers, and Temptation of a wife. Park Kwang Hyun has a supporting role, but I don't know what character he plays in the drama. Really enjoyed his role in Pink Lipstick. He's also an excellent singer. Was really drawn to Jang Seo Hee's acting, especially in her role in Two Mothers. Also happy to see that Lee Ji Hoon has  a leading role. @0ly40 Thank you for creating this thread.

13 hours ago, LoveSG said:

I am interested also because this is Lee Ji Hoon's first male lead role <3 Look forward to him unleashing his charisma with the Noonas :heart:

Me too, I can't wait to watch him in this!

FTISLAND’s Lee Jae Jin Joins Cast Of New SBS Weekend Drama
E. Kang March 20, 2017

FTISLAND-Lee-Jae-Jin.jpg

FTISLAND’s bassist will be once again donning his actor cap!

On March 20, a source from SBS revealed, “It is true that Lee Jae Jin will be appearing in SBS’s new weekend drama, ‘Sister Is Alive’ (tentative title),” and confirmed earlier reports. However, they clarified, “He has not yet begun filming.”

According to the source, Lee Jae Jin will be playing Na Jae Dong, the musically talented younger brother-in-law of Kang Ha Ri (Kim Joo Hyun). As such, his romance with Kang Ha Ri’s younger sister (Jin Ji Hee) will be something to look forward to.

“Sister Is Alive” tells the tale of three sisters who become self-reliant and find their own success from rock bottom, after unexpectedly losing someone they love. It is the work of Kim Soon Ok, known for dramas like “Jang Bo Ri Is Here” and “My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol.”

It will premiere on April 15 at 8:45 p.m. KST following the end of “Our Gap Soon.”

I've been following Lee Ji Hoon's IG and here is proof I think they have started filming this drama :D :

Aren't both cute? My dongsaengs :heart::heart::heart:

Archived