* Also known as: Glass Mask / Mask of Glass

* Episodes: 11

* Viewership ratings: 11.9

* Broadcast network: TV Asahi

* Broadcast period: 1997-July-07 to 1997-Sept-15

* Theme songs: Calling - B'z; Polar Star Kimi Dake Shinjite - Harubara Yuuki

* Related: Glass no Kamen 2

Synopsis

The Glass Mask drama is based on a very popular manga of the same name by Suzue Miuchi, about a young girl named Maya whose dream is to be an actress. A legendary former stage actress, Tsukikage Chigusa, watches Maya as she reenacts drama episodes she's seen on TV. She approaches Maya and has her join her acting company, Tsukikage Theater. Tsukikage holds the production rights to a legendary masterpiece called "The Crimson Goddess," in which she had played the title role until a terrible accident burnt her face beyond surgical repair. She's been searching all of these years for someone to play the role which only the most talented actress could play, and maybe she's found that someone in Maya...

The continuation of Glass Mask. Maya attempts to re-enter the entertainment industry after losing all backing. She decides that nothing will stand in her way of becoming The Crimson Goddess, and resolves to regain her status in the industry so she can fight on equal ground with Ayumi. After everyone is blown away by Maya's monodrama, Tsukikage agrees to recognize her as a candidate for the Crimson Goddess only if she receives a Best Actress Award at the Japanese Academy of Acting Award ceremonies, or an award of equal prestige. But Maya has to compete with Ayumi for it! The Purple Rose Man is still watching her from the shadows... will Maya ever find out his true identity? Just who will become the true successor for the role of the Crimson Goddess?

Cast

* Adachi Yumi as Kitajima Maya

* Tanabe Seiichi as Hayami Masumi

* Nogiwa Yoko as Tsukikage Chigusa

* Matsumoto Megumi as Himekawa Ayumi

* Kohashi Kenji as Sakurakouji Yuu

* Katso Kazuko

* Satoi Kenta

* Togawa Kyoko

* Saitou Nozomi

* Saeki Hinako

* Fuji Mariko

SOURCE : ガラスの仮面

ガラスの仮面

ガラスの仮面

ガラスの仮面

ガラスの仮面

ガラスの仮面

ガラスの仮面

ガラスの仮面

ガラスの仮面

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've watched this, it's pretty good. The height and age gap between the leads amuses me. I've seen it available on daddicts and in one of the livejournal communities.

Guest .moony.

I absolutely love this manga but I just can't bear to watch the drama...seriously...

I hope the author will end this manga soon -.- its been yeaaarrsss lol

Guest lilgzl

I absolutely love this manga but I just can't bear to watch the drama...seriously...

I hope the author will end this manga soon -.- its been yeaaarrsss lol

Same here....the manga just blow me away..totally love it! hopefully she will finish it soon.

I wanted to watch the drama when I found out about this..but i don't like the guy playing Masumi

He's totally ruined my Masumi's image, so I decided not to watch this hehehe..gomen...

I prefer watching the anime

Guest luckysmile20

Totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the manga!!!

Its CLASSIC!! Read it like 6 times and never get bored.

Definitely worth spending all my time reading it, the drawing, storyline and the characters are simply AMAZING and BRILLIANT!!

yeah... been following it since I was in elementary school... I hope I will be able to read the manga before I left this world... lol.. 1 new volume is like... 8 years? or more? *not sure*

what happened to the author anyway?

But sorry to say, the drama really pale compare to the manga.

I decided to drop watching it after the first episode of Glass Mask 2.

Its plain and boring to me. A total disappointment.

I think both of Glass Mask 1 and Glass Mask 2 (drama) are subbed in soft-subs in d-addicts.com

You guys can check it out =)

I love the manga which is the ultimate shoujo of all time, full of angst. I love the anime and so for all my love for whatever is related to it I can't help but love the drama. Adachi Yumi was tremendously in her role as Maya however Tanabe Seichi is far from the dashing image of the beloved Masumi. The thing about the drama is that the Specials include a happy ending which I don't know if I will ever see in the manga (that is if she continues). I like the drama but I wouldn't recommend it to people who hate cheesy stuff.

Archived