[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

I'm a mess.  But I also know that if I'm put in the same position, I will chose to leave, like Aera.  Living in constant fear that your loved ones will get hurt, permanently disabled and even died is not for my weak heart.  I don't think I will be able to recover and continue living if any of those happened.  

As much as it hurts not being with DM, I think Aera is doing the right thing for her sanity.  :bawling:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, aunniek said:

I can understand AR's point of view, but I can't see how she can remain an MMA announcer..........................I don't see how she can separate the two.

Yeah, me too.  I hope she will be able to overcome her fear after meeting and getting to know other  MMA fighters... She has to face  it otherwise she will not be able to be there for a long time (in the case of a career facing them everyday in various situation).  BTW, it is easier said than done.  It is too difficult for her, at the moment.

Even though I'm sobbing, I'm glad the writer had DM, be DM.  Being a fighter means accepting that injuries happen and he's always done that.  I'm glad he is staying with his dream.  He loves AR, no doubt, but I think she thought she could change him into a 9-5 guy (re: episode 5) and that is not him. Hopefully, she'll come to understand that part of the DM that she loves is the fighter and will support him again.  I just keep thinking of her previous "I'll take 2 out of 3 bullets for you".  I know this will not be a popular opinion, but I think this is one of the bullets that she should be taking for him.

6 minutes ago, qynn said:

Sigh. I said after last Tuesday's episode that the one thing I didn't want was a separation/breakup because I totally saw this coming. Oh, I know they'll end up together, but I hate how writers love to separate couples going into the finale. At least this doesn't involve someone going to a foreign country and forgetting how to text, call, skype, email but it's still a bummer. Wonder if there will be a time jump?

Oh and I'm glad we know for sure the Landlady is Ae Ra's mom, but still not crazy about it. Don't think the show needed a long last parent, and Ae Ra isn't going to have any time to properly react.

I think there is a real possibility that she'll just return to Japan without telling her.  Especially if DM and AR work things out.  But, as you mentioned there could be a time jump and maybe they'll just have they relationship at a comfortable place by then.

1 minute ago, aunniek said:

A bit of cuteness in the midst of our misery: 

One of his little brothers in "Hwarang" :blush:... 

Telling myself.. this is a drama.... they are just acting.... .. at least we still have tomorrow's episode..

Everyone's saying that AeRa should just accept that DongMan's gonna fight... but I keep thinking that she did. She just can't live with someone like that. So rather than continuing and knowing how she's going to crumble if she stays on, she makes the pain short and needed to break up.

If it's anyone who needs comfort and assurance, it's her. I don't know how, but someone's gotta counsel her. She's not getting out of her trauma any time soon, not if she's left alone like that. I realise that it's not just a 10-year thing. It's been happening since she became aware of the world, in other words, she's been living with it for all her life. She's not avoiding it because she won't handle the terror. It's because she can't.

Of course I hope that she'll come round, but right now, unless someone convinces her that taking that risk is better than hiding and breaking off with DongMan just to avoid the possibility of losing her loved one, I don't think she'll be able to go back to DongMan at all. Maybe the person who'll be able to convince her is Landlady Hwang, who's gone through terrible betrayal. Or even her adopted brother, who seems to be scared of losing his mother.

But no matter what, I don't think it's fair to think that AeRa's the problem in the relationship. Or expect her to forget about her traumas and just come back happily.

This time, she's not taking the bullet for DongMan not because she won't, but because she can't.

But it doesn't mean that DongMan refusing to give up fighting was wrong!

Hi all....

I was just a silent reader. But let me put some my thoughts here even if it doesnt make sense...lol Sorry..

I like to see the progress of how each character reach their dream. It's interesting. And i love seeing friendship among characters especially their romantic relationship. However... It remainds me of the movie LaLaLand. The story is totally different, but i think the theme are the same... Which is about "DREAM" LaLaLand was a great movie, even though I feel sad with the ending, but LaLaLand was memorable. But... Even though both drama takes 'dream' as their theme, i dont want Fight my way to take the same path with Lalaland ending. Dunno why.. I suddenly think about this...lol

I can understand AR's point of view as well. However, I cannot understand the writer-nim. Why does the writer-nim make AR to become a stupid and very selfish girl? Why can't AR support her ฺBF's dream? Does she really love him?

The writer-nim didn't show us how good AR is. It seems she doesn't prepare enough for her own competition to reach her goal. We know that she wants to be MC but we can't see her true ambition. She always acts awkward and fails. DM is different. His start is not quite good but since he realises what he wants, he doesn't hesitate to follow his dream. If AR cannot follow and achieve her dream, she shouldn't drag her BF down with her.  Let him fight for his way Girl! And instead crying and yelling, try something else better for the one you say you love! 

@stroppyse

Text Preview:

주만(안재홍)은 설희 아버지 생신날 설희네 집으로 불쑥 찾아가고 동만(박서준)은 탁수(김건우)와의 재대결을 준비하며 운동에만 집중한다. 한편, 애라(김지원)는 복희(진희경)네 집에서 뭔가를 발견하는데...

I am on my way home, in the middle of crazy traffic jam (it supposed to be 2 hour-ride but it has been lasting for 5 hours! and it is still counting!!!!), and read live-stream of ep. 15. Geeesssssshhhhh what a perfect combo!!! 

I can't believe the writer chose this noble idiocy rute knowing that we are already in ep. 15! That's.... uuugggghhhh!

I understand Ae Ra and Dong Man's frustation to the point that they finally chose to break up for their best. But.... but.....

I don't know how the one-hour finale will wrap things up... 

Writernim, pleaseeee....

1. Get Fantastic Four back together!

2. Let them live their dreams!

3. Let Ae Ra know about his Mom!

I won't ask more!!! It is okay if you don't give us wedding nor babies but just let us see these three for the finale!!!

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

AR gives DM an ultimatum. Lady Hwang goes to preview KK's broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8rR5z5pxzk

Lady Hwang: Even now, I can’t seem to forgive you. Just because you kneeled, it doesn’t return my times that were lost to me. However, just stay that way for a little longer. At least that, I want to see it for a little longer. 

(flashback to younger Lady Hwang holding onto Man’s arm)
Man: It’s already been sent for broadcast, so what can I do? I can’t leave a hole in the broadcast. Why is a person who knows that acting like this? Making me uncomfortable. (he breaks Lady Hwang’s hold, so she goes to her knees in front of him)
Lady Hwang: Just once. Save me. 
Man: Aish.
Lady Hwang: This broadcast can’t go out. 
(end flashback)

(PD KK is in editing room with assistant)
KK: Stop. Stop. Go to the shot of Dong Man. 
Asst: Is it really okay to just send this out like this?
KK: Yes, we can.
(Lady Hwang and Man walk in.)

(DM and AR walking up the staircase to their apartments)
DM: This is just an action, isn’t it? (He means that she's only threatening and not meant to be carried out.)
AR: Whether it’s an action or not, you’ll find out if you grab a glove. 
DM: No matter how much I love you, you shouldn’t threaten me like this. Is this something to be resolved by that?
AR: No matter how low a method I have to go, I’m determined to protect you. If you fight again, then you’re done with me. We can’t even be friends. You’ll never be able to see me. 
(AR leaves DM on the staircase. DM receives a call from his father.)
DM: Yes, father. Television? You’re saying I’m on television? What channel?

(Lady Hwang and Man in KK’s editing room.)
Man: She just wants a preview of what you’re going to run. 
KK: Vice-chairman, it’s one hour before broadcast, so what do you want to inspect right now? And, who is this?
Lady Hwang: PD Jang Kyung Koo , is this a recording that you’ve received the approval from the subject? 
KK: Yes?
Lady Hwang: The way I heard it, between Ko Dong Man and Jang Kyung Koo, there is a past of victim and assaulter, so is it okay for you to broadcast as you want. 
KK: That is all in the past. And, who are you that you’re being like this?
Lady Hwang: Me? I’m Ko Dong Man’s representative.
KK: Yes?
(Lady Hwang previews the broadcast piece)

Real life interferes for a bit, so won't post more translations right now. I'll check when I come back. FWIW, I think DM was right to accept AR's insistence on breaking up and choose to fight. More on that later as well. 

Thanks so much for the translations @stroppyse!!!!  And I agree with you about DM accepting the break up and choosing to fight!  I also admire DM for knowing and accepting the outcome and making sure that ahjumma will be there to take care of her beforehand.  I'm sure SH will be there too.

9 minutes ago, oneandthree said:

I won't ask more!!! It is okay if you don't give us wedding nor babies but just let us see these three for the finale!!!

I STILL WANT DM+AR BABIES

I want Fantastic Four Babies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOgRaLzDQxo

DongMan: Eo? What's this?
DongHui: I'm Oppa's... crazy fan. This scrapbook, I've been looking at only it for the past 10 years. So don't lose anymore. More than Oppa not being able to get up... because I hate it more than Oppa not being able to get up, don't lose again.

Public Guy: This is where athlete Go DongMan trains.
Coach. Ee-yah... I don't know what all this is. Interviews, you have 4. Photoshoot, one. A waterpark poster filming...
DongMan: Water park?
Coach: Eo, this is a condition of your [sponsorship]. You even have a commercial.
DongMan: Commercial too? Getting a sponsorship is this amazing, huh.
Coach: That person there, that person's the head of the RFC. but after the match between you and Kim TakSoo [I have no idea what he says].
DongMan: Why?
Coach: So that you two can compete again on an even level.

DongMan: But I... I might not be able to do MMA ever again though.
Coach: Well, seeing how you got hurt, no matter what, it's scary, right?
DongMan: I thought I'd just heal easily, how can a fighter fail just after this? [I'm practically farting this out. I have no idea.]
Coach: Even baseball athletes, if they get hit in the face too, it's hard for them to go into the batting ring, hey. That thing about traumas... ah.
DongMan: It's not because of trauma. It's because if I do this, I'll lose something really big

DongMan: Ahjumma.
Hwang: 102 House, what's up at this hour?
DongMan: Ahjumma...

AeRa: I saw the report. You were really clear.

DongMan: Of course I was scared. It's the first time I went deaf after all. It was really scary.
Reporter: So it was because of the trauma...
DongMan: The time when I couldn't hear... the thing that I was afraid of was that I couldn't do this again. That I might not be able to get in the ring again. That was scary.
Reporter: So, are you doing it again?

DongMan: Yes. To Athlete Kim TakSoo, I'm going to compete properly again.

not 100% accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztrSjPAD3YU

AR: Uhm… I heard your shoulder injuries is quite serious. I was curious do you feel afraid to get back to the ring after your injury?
Man: Well for only getting this kind of injury is lucky for me
AR: Lucky?
Man: If you got hurt like the past athlete had then I probably feel afraid
AR: What happened to those athletes?

AR: I had made some porridge and put it inside your fridge, so please get up and eat. Don’t just keep sleeping but do something else
DM: *gave her a back hug* Hey, why are you shouting like that?
AR: Did you hear my voice? Do you now hear my voice?
DM: Yeah, I can hear you. I could hear it all
AR: *sigh* you immature jerk
DM: I was really scared. I was really scared *hug*

Woman: Excuse me, how do you get inside here? Wait a moment! You can’t barge in like this
Hwang: How have you been?

Hwang: You look fine
Man: I’ve been looking for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ0Bn36r-5M

DM: It feels like the world has collapsed. It just like if you were drowned at the bottom of the sea. I can’t even breathe
AR: Now you can really hear well, right? There are no other side effects?
DM: Yeah, I am now okay. Here, eat this. This is delicious, why aren’t you eating? (scoop some ice cream/shaved ice for her) But why are you so quiet?
AR: Dong Man, do you really can hear well?
DM: Yeah, I told you I can hear
AR: It means that you are now stable, right?
DM: What?
AR: Then, listen to what I’m going to say
DM: About what?
AR: There’s a fracture on your skull

*sorry, I’m not fluent enough to understand medical terms. What I understood is the fracture on his skull isn’t a big injury and will heal. But the fracture was near the cochlea and if DM got another injury around that area, he will lose his hearing*

AR: And if you got hurt on your head again, there’s a possibility that you will lose your hearing. You will feel like you lie at the bottom of the sea forever
DM: What kind of nonsense is that? I can hear and I’m fine
AR: In conclusion, you can’t do MMA anymore. I won’t let you
DM: Alright, I will see the doctor by myself and I will ask him directly
AR: There were some cases that athletes died after he got a serious injury and got a dementia
DM: All of that will happen if you get a serious injury. For an athlete getting injury is a common thing
AR: A common thing? Then why should I endure that common thing?
DM: Ae Ra. If I quit only because of this, it will take more than 10 years to come back
AR: Alright. Do whatever you want. If you wear gloves (means that he will keep doing MMA) for one more time, our relationship will end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rw7-Z8n1rI

DM: If I had to let go everything that I had (passion, dream) and go back to my old self, I don’t think I can live that way even for one day. I don’t want to live as anyone sidekick, a man who has no dream and lives like an idiot and wasting away the rest of his life
AR: Honestly, I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop you
DM: Now, I’m not just talking that being MMA fighter is my dream only. It is my father’s, Donghee’s and coach dream too. Ae ra, if you can believe in me once more
AR: So it means, we can’t be friends, right?
DM: Yeah, I can’t. For me, I want to live the way I want and I won’t take back my word. I break up with you not because I don’t like you, so even if I die we can’t be friends anymore
AR: Right. I’ll go
DM: Ae Ra. Ae Ra. Ae Ra. Must we do this? Can’t you just stay by my side?
AR: I can’t watch it. It’s hard for me watching you do that. It’s really hard. It just… It just… We shouldn’t have started dating

(AR left, DM cried. And my tears too, falling down slowly)

I had something that need to done, but then I was curious since this week is the last episodes. Why ep 15 end this way. :( From the bts pictures I'm sure we get a happy ending, but will we get a happy ending that we want? 

I have to go, so for the rest of the clips that have yet to be translated, I will let @stroppyse or @xxPeepsxx or anyone else who can translate to do it. 

Archived