[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

I'm happy that we have a happy ending and a wedding to celebrate. Too bad that we didn't have the wedding scene. I feel the ending is a little bit rush and the final episodes are cramped, but I still feel happy. 

I can't promise that I can translate all the clips that are uploaded, but I will try my best as this is the final episode. We won't see our fantastic four anymore :( 

not 100% accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0Mv9gklM0

AR: Eat the porridge that I left in your fridge. You just need to heat it up
DM: How can you be so cool like this? We had only broke up 2 weeks ago but you can just talk to me as if nothing happened?
AR: Who says that nothing happened?
DM: I’m not cool at all about it. If I see you, whether it’s 2 weeks ago or now I still feel the same. When I see you, I want to hold your hands and bring you into my house. But then I remember we have broken up
AR: Can’t I just remind you to eat the food inside your fridge?
DM: Yeah, don’t do it. If you keep showing in front of me and talking to me, I don’t think I can hold back myself. That’s why, if you don’t want to start dating me again, don’t even talk to me (he left AR)
AR: That punk, why does he still stay the same after we broke up?

AR went to Lady Hwang house

LH: My goodness, why and what are you doing here?
AR: Why didn’t you give back my pot?
LH: Did you come because you want your pot back? Why would you come inside my house?
AR: There’s only that one big pot in my house
LH: So, do you want me to eat those too? Why would you bring that to me?
AR: But ahjumma, do you have a cancer?
LH: Why do you suddenly ask a question like that?
AR: You did the treatment so that it won’t relapse, right?
LH: My breast cancer is all gone. It’s all clean
AR: Well, good to hear it then
LH: Thanks. Aren’t you going down?
AR: Let me enjoy some cold air from the AC then I will go
LH: Do you think my house is a bank? 

AR found a doll, the one she made when she was a child for her mother *flashback to her childhood days when she asked her dad where her mom was and he told her that her mother has gone to heaven*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDz9iBYgp5A

AR stared at the doll. LH was suspicious that AR suddenly stayed silent. AR press the doll which had her child voice recorded *I love you I love you. Ae Ra loves mom*AR stared at LH in shocked
AR: Ahjumma, who are you? *she saw child pictures* Those pictures, the baby was me, right? *she started to walk away*
LH: *stop her* I can explain it all to you. I can explain why it turned out this way
AR: Something is strange. I was told that my mother has died, but it turns out that you are still alive and grow old well. Why?
LH: No, Ae Ra. I… I have never abandoned you
AR: Are you staying as this villa owner to look out for me? When I needed my mother, you weren’t there but now you are here and looking out for me. It’s unfair
LH: Because I missed you much
AR: Somehow it feels strange that I was abandoned. It’s enough for me to know that you are still alive. But, I just don’t want to see you *and she left the house*

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, oneandthree said:

Huaaa finally I can watch the final two episodes with ease.... hahaha. A good happy ending and the only romcom drama I watch without kisses in the final episode. waaah FFMW is just extraordinary! I am happy that finally we got a happy ending with everyone living their dreams, fantastic four getting back together, and Ae Ra knowing about her Mom! :D

No weddings, no babies, no kisses? That's totally fine for me. This tight live-shooting probably made them have no time to shoot those kinda scenes. :wink:

By the way, are they not having a wrap-up party? Like seriously??? :o

i think they got vacation prize ???

Thank you so much for the recap & translations & links!!

Now I am relieved and able to wait for the stream by Viki.

I am so happy that AR and DM got back together and all happy endings!!

After finishing ep16, I'm planning to watch the whole story again. :blush:

You guys were awsome!!

Thanks a lot!!

I got mixed feeling about the ending..like YEAYYYY a happy ending but HUH that's it? But yeayyyy again coz DM-AR are getting married..but HUH where's my kiss? I felt robbed..Hahaha

But overall i love love love this drama throughout and thanks to FFMW team for a great drama..will be missing the team..

And yeah like @annie1234 and @Mindy said, i'll look fwd to more projects and watch anything with PSJ and KJW in it :D

I am so happy that it was a happy ending! I was worried for a second, but then when the happy music started kicking in when DM and AR met at the beginning, I knew that the writer was on our side :-)

1 hour ago, joyue_1 said:

Sorry... just wanted to confirm... so her mom was in a racy movie before, right?

It was an artsy film, like the kind they show at Cannes. But the big issue was when the newspaper article came out and the producer made it look like Kanako had a secret baby that was 7 years old and she was in this artsy film. I think all those things combined was bad. No internet back then, so whatever news says is the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAUtvgyYMH8

DM: Oh my, look at him, overacting like that
Man: Like we have said before, we would never see any other athlete like Go Dong Man

AR went inside the ring to interview DM
AR: It took 10 years for you to reach this stage and win the match. Please say something about what you feel right now
DM: Uh, yes. I feel happy that I can overcome my weakness for ground. To everyone who cheered up for me, I felt really thankful and thank you
AR: We will have a complete interview in studio later. Go Dong Man athlete, congratulations for your win

AR wanted to leave the ring but DM held her back

DM: Why are you crying again? Why would you cry whether your ex-bf win or not?
AR: We shouldn’t date at all
DM: Ae Ra. I can’t live without looking at you and I can’t ask you to date me because I afraid that we will break up again
AR: I should have listened to Seol Hee’s words
DM: That’s why, let’s just ignore the dating and breaking up period and live with me
AR: What?
DM: Live with me?
AR: Are you asking me to live in your place?
DM: Hey, if we kissed then it means we are dating. If I want to live with you, it means I want to marry you. Will you marry me? I can’t live without you. I have been like that for 20 years. If I have to choose whether I have to see or not seeing you at all, I will choose to see you forever
AR: Then what about MMA?
DM: You. I choose you. You. You. Even if I die, I would still choose you. Will you marry me?
AR: Why do you need to ask?

They hugged and the audiences cheer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9SJnjvDEPo

LH: Who can stop them now?
AR’s dad: That punk. Why did he make AR cried?
DM’s dad: Punk? Why are you calling someone’s son punk?

SH: Why do you only hold my hands? Even back then during the world cup, you only held my hands. Anyway, you have to know that I have yet to forget you and I don’t have any thoughts to date you *JM kissed her* Aigoo. *hit him all over his body* Why did you kiss me? Why? Why?
JM: Even if you hit me until I die, I will be happy
SH: Geez
JM: Seol Hee, are you cursing silently? *she hit him again*

AR: It’s not small wedding at all but a big one? Why the groom didn’t prepare anything at all? Do you think marriage is a joke? You should have planed it
DM: Believe in oppa. I have my plan
AR: You shouldn’t have thinking hard. Your head isn’t for thinking
DM: Understood
*sound from JM’s place*
DM: What is that? Joo Man, are you peeling garlic?
AR: Why would he peel garlic? Wait, I think I’m familiar with this sound
DM: What is it now? What?
AR: Stand up and let’s go upstairs

It's quite funny though, many people complaining about the ending because it didn't have any deep kiss scene. Well, it's good to know that many people like their kiss scene as much as I do (that makes me like a pervert :D) and no matter how many we kiss scenes we got from ep 10-14, we still want more. hahaha

And, can we just appreciate Park Seo Joon's body here? I mean, look at him :heart:. Most of the Korean actors, especially young actors around Park Seo Joon's age and under, they have toned abs and muscle but they somehow just looked skinny, even Park Seo Joon, I watched him in She Was Pretty, I didn't quite remember whether he had shirtless scenes or not, but he was quite skinny back then, as well as in Hwarang. But here, his body was just so buff and on point, not quite skinny and just all muscle. That's why Ko Dong Man is the best!:blush:

You guys! We were all so worried about how the writers will wrap everything up in 2 episodes. And the writers did wrap it up by making everyone nice. :blink:

Bad PD was misunderstood and was actually doing DM a favor.

Namil helped Omma be understood by AR by giving AR the fone.

HR simply gave up.

The resolution I'm most contented was the DongHee/TS arc. 

I don't feel like something was left unresolved, but it felt rushed. Still I'm happy with the ending.

EDIT: After watching it with subs, I realized it's a very satisfying ending afterall. 

I wanna thank everyone who contributed to the thread. The translators, those who share videos and thoughts.  I think that FMW is one of the most meaningful drama of 2017 for me so far.

@annie1234 He must've worked out a lot to build his muscles even before he accepted this drama. His traps and pectoral muscles' really impressive.

48 minutes ago, sansukini-_- said:

@annie1234 He must've worked out a lot to build his muscles even before he accepted this drama. His traps and pectoral muscles' really imp

Based on the trailer for his new film, which was filmed before this drama, I think he must have started working out for Midnight Runners/Young Cops and just carried it forward into this drama. We all reap the rewards of that hard work, hahaha!

I'm still in denial that it's over...I won't watch the episode until tonight (well, episodes, because I was a scaredy cat and haven't seen 15 yet either). I know I'm going to feel that happy/sad feeling I always get at the end of the really good dramas. Hurts so good. :) 

We got a hug instead of a kiss after the proposal? And just one small peck thereafter?

Did Jiwon's real-life boyfriend complain about too many kissing scenes or something, what happened? Lol.

Ah, well. I guess we got too spoiled.

It still hasn't sunk in yet that it's all over...

47 minutes ago, msbeatrice81 said:

Based on the trailer for his new film, which was filmed before this drama, I think he must have started working out for Midnight Runners/Young Cops and just carried it forward into this drama. We all reap the rewards of that hard work, hahaha!

I'm still in denial that it's over...I won't watch the episode until tonight (well, episodes, because I was a scaredy cat and haven't seen 15 yet either). I know I'm going to feel that happy/sad feeling I always get at the end of the really good dramas. Hurts so good. :) 

Ah that's why. But I'm guessing he has to pump irons before shooting shirtless scenes to make it bulge like that.

I feel you. This is a really good drama. Although personally I haven't felt any withdrawals from the kdramas I watched lately. Maybe because I'm watching real time. Last time I felt a withdrawal from a drama was because of a cdrama 

Spoiler

LOVE ME IF YOU DARE because it was really good and I marathoned it.

But FMY will definitely be one of the memorable ones. I wish for a tv station in my country to pick up this show.

Man, couldn't sleep without watching the subbed version.

This was such a sweet wrap up! It did feel a little rushed when it came to sorting out PD, Ae Ra's mom and NM's characters and stories. I would've liked to see the new brother sister dynamic play out a bit between AR and NM, A family dinner with AR and DM's families, their dads squabbling, LOL.
But for the main four, I think there was plenty. Maybe amp up AR's dream coming true to be a lil more exciting. 

All in all, I love that even the drama did things their way ('Fight for my way' spirit). No finale kisses, wedding scene, overtly sweet fan service, etc unlike other kdrama. But a feel good, super cute, and true to the show ending. It leaves you wanting a bit more. Enough to maybe watch the show again :)

Some of my favourite moments from the finale - 
- AR mistaking JM's tiffin for SH to be for her coming from DM, lol
- DM bending over backwards lamenting he got dumped, plus gained 3kgs coz of AR
- The origin of 'Nam Il' story hehehe.
- DM low-key telling Coach to shush when Coach starts saying that DM will continue fighting. He whispers he was gonna wait till after marriage registration to tell Ae Ra of his fighting plans. That was so funny, him making sure AR doesn't run away easily when he starts fighting LOL.
- DM, JM and SH messing with Ae Ra at the end. I paused for a second too, tricksy move by the writers :wink:

I'm gonna miss this show so much. But Game of thrones starts next Monday, so I won't feel too much withdrawal hopefully. 
I hope SeoWon ship sails.

Thanks to everyone here who translated, and posted goodies. :) Fighting!
Screen_Shot_2017_07_12_at_4_14_15_AM.png

Oh my! My heart is pounding! I love it! I love it dearly!

d0484d12408263.5626886a65e7f.gif

The story wrapped up in such a natural realistic way. I think i could watch this foursome forever.

Haha I was bursting out when they broke the 4th wall at the end. I was so embarrassed to be so into their fictional lives haha.

This show was fantastic. The whole cast even the minor cast were real people who dealt with life and who progressed. I'll miss them greatly:wub:!

And this show will always remind me to follow my dreams:rolleyes:.

Fight My Way brightened my summer!:D

Archived