[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

I kind of don't like how it didn't have the part about AeRa confessing her fears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rw7-Z8n1rI

DongMan: That all these might completely disappear, that tomorrow I'll have to restart and do deliveries and moving stuff... I'd really... I'll really. I can't live a single day. I desperately don't want to live like in the past, without a dream, without hunger, like a fool without consciousness just breathing oxygen and living - I hate it.
AeRa: But I too, to be honest, I knew I couldn't stop you.
DongMan: Right now, this, isn't just my dream. It's our father, DongHui and Coach-nim's dream too. AeRa-yah, if you just believe in me this once more...
AeRa: Then now we... can't even be friends, right?

DongMan: Eo. I can't. To me, to stop my heart, to take back my words, I didn't like you to be able to do that, so... even if I die again, I can't be friends. 
AeRa: Alright. I'll get going.
DongMan: AeRa yah...

DongMan: Aera-yah. AeRa yah... Do you have to do this? Can't you just be by my side?

AeRa: I... can't watch. Watching it is too hard. It's really too hard. Just. Just... Let's just not date, let's just do that.

:bawling:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, airasara said:

However... It reminds me of the movie LaLaLand. The story is totally different, but i think the theme are the same... Which is about "DREAM" LaLaLand was a great movie, even though I feel sad with the ending, but LaLaLand was memorable. But... Even though both drama takes 'dream' as their theme, i dont want Fight my way to take the same path with Lalaland ending. Dunno why.. I suddenly think about this...lol

That's what i'm scared of..aigoooooo i've been loving this drama for 14 episodes so i'm really hurting over today's episode..as for the final episode, let us all pray that we get the happy ending we&fantastic four deserve 

Hi everyone....been lurking here since the drama started...and truly enjoyed yr sharing/s!!!!

i totally love both characters equally and soooooo understand both point of views! And I also believe they will be together in the end...but I hope it's sooner than later in the final episode. So if there's a DRAMA GOD out there...PLEASE!

With all the sweet scenes we've been gifted with, in KDAMALAND...the break up was inevitable. But I wasn't ready for it!!!!!!

But the thing about true love is...sometimes you have to let them go. If it comes back...you know it's meant to be. For the OTP...that's where they are at. It's not easy to forget once you've experienced true love. But for now, each have to grow up and overcome their own fears amidst fighting for their dreams. 

For aera, its about overcoming her trauma and know that she can't protect everyone. It's about trusting the process and journey. And time and time again...even when she said she wasn't going to watch him...she's there all along. Let's see how she'll support him this next match. I trust my girl!

For Dongman, the temporary injury probably did him good. He knows how scary the consequences maybe when one is impulsive. He knows now that he had the support of his family as he tries to overcome the nightmare years ago. But he needs to train harder, get better, be more skillful and not just rely on the natural talent he has to WIN! He knows too that aera always has his back...this is is just that one bullet she can't take for him.

So my hope is.....we will get a good resolve tomorrow PRONTO.....and many many sweet moments/kisses to make up for the lack of today!

40 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Text Preview:

주만(안재홍)은 설희 아버지 생신날 설희네 집으로 불쑥 찾아가고 동만(박서준)은 탁수(김건우)와의 재대결을 준비하며 운동에만 집중한다. 한편, 애라(김지원)는 복희(진희경)네 집에서 뭔가를 발견하는데...

JooMan, on SeolHee's Father's birthday, unexpectedly goes to find (her/them) at SeolHee's family's house  and DongMan, in order to prepare for his fight with TakSoo, focuses only on exercising. On the other hand, AeRa discovers something in BokHee's house...

Anything else y'all want translated? Seems like I'm the only one here for a while.

6 minutes ago, alyya said:

Hi everyone....been lurking here since the drama started...and truly enjoyed yr sharing/s!!!!

i totally love both characters equally and soooooo understand both point of views! And I also believe they will be together in the end...but I hope it's sooner than later in the final episode. So if there's a DRAMA GOD out there...PLEASE!

With all the sweet scenes we've been gifted with, in KDAMALAND...the break up was inevitable. But I wasn't ready for it!!!!!!

But the thing about true love is...sometimes you have to let them go. If it comes back...you know it's meant to be. For the OTP...that's where they are at. It's not easy to forget once you've experienced true love. But for now, each have to grow up and overcome their own fears amidst fighting for their dreams. 

For aera, its about overcoming her trauma and know that she can't protect everyone. It's about trusting the process and journey. And time and time again...even when she said she wasn't going to watch him...she's there all along. Let's see how she'll support him this next match. I trust my girl!

For Dongman, the temporary injury probably did him good. He knows how scary the consequences maybe when one is impulsive. He knows now that he had the support of his family as he tries to overcome the nightmare years ago. But he needs to train harder, get better, be more skillful and not just rely on the natural talent he has to WIN! He knows too that aera always has his back...this is is just that one bullet she can't take for him.

So my hope is.....we will get a good resolve tomorrow PRONTO.....and many many sweet moments/kisses to make up for the lack of today!

I'm glad you "de-lurked", I really like your observations about love, AR and DM.  I think they are spot on!!!  Thanks for sharing!!:blush:

I'm with Aera on this one. Ever since the last ep, when we saw Taksu faint and we were left hanging with Dongman screaming that he couldn't hear anything, I immediately researched for MMA fighters who got minor and serious injuries. Some even died. Losing someone you love because of a certain disease or illness is sad even though you have enough time to let it sink in and accept it but losing them abruptly/in a blink of an eye because of an accident or an injury is very traumatic and just... worse. Someone said here that if they were really going to end up together and build a family, he'll really have to consider how his loved ones would feel.

I really love the scene in the past 2 or 3 episodes where Aera gave him an analogy of him spending the night at Hyeran's and Aera at another guy's. At first, he didn't understand it but when she said that if it was her who spent the night out he immediately opposed to it. I think, the most important thing here is to apply the golden rule. It's not about the issue of not supporting each other's dreams but to put yourself in your partner's shoes... especially now that they're old enough. I'm sure that their love is the type that is marriage material and not just any puppy love. Dongman needs to ask himself, what if Aera is the one who has a dangerous and life-risking job? What if she also has a crack in her head and has a big possibility of becoming deaf if she gets hit? Would he have convinced her to quit also?

Anyways, I trust Dongman and we all saw that still where they're camping over in Namil Bar so I'm quite confident they'll have a happy ending. I'm looking forward to how they'll eventually find their way back to each other's arms. We all know that they can't live without each other. :)

20 minutes ago, kriswu said:

Anyways, I trust Dongman and we all saw that still where they're camping over in Namil Bar so I'm quite confident they'll have a happy ending. I'm looking forward to how they'll eventually find their way back to each other's arms. We all know that they can't live without each other. :)

Yeahhh..cos i hope those stills of them four at Namil Bar is not some kind of throwback memory with a voiceover saying "in life,not all that started well would end well..i still cherish the memory of fantastic four eventho we have all parted ways"..(die slowly while crying tomorrow if that happens)

31 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

Actually, this epsiode's LOADED with important, perceptive moments. So many that the clips don't capture quite a few.

OH MY GOSH, YES. There are so many super important moments here. I kind of love that Dong-man told AR thta he is not going back, he is continuing on his path. That takes strength. AR is super sad and DM is super sad, but in the end, he is going to fight whether she is with him or not, so she may as well stick with him, if she wants to stick with him. At least this show didn't have any noble idiocy.

13 minutes ago, kriswu said:

I'm with Aera on this one. Ever since the last ep, when we saw Taksu faint and we were left hanging with Dongman screaming that he couldn't hear anything, I immediately researched for MMA fighters who got minor and serious injuries. Some even died. Losing someone you love because of a certain disease or illness is sad even though you have enough time to let it sink in and accept it but losing them abruptly/in a blink of an eye because of an accident or an injury is very traumatic and just... worse. Someone said here that if they were really going to end up together and build a family, he'll really have to consider how his loved ones would feel.

I really love the scene in the past 2 or 3 episodes where Aera gave him an analogy of him spending the night at Hyeran's and Aera at another guy's. At first, he didn't understand it but when she said that if it was her who spent the night out he immediately opposed to it. I think, the most important thing here is to apply the golden rule. It's not about the issue of not supporting each other's dreams but to put yourself in your partner's shoes... especially now that they're old enough. I'm sure that their love is the type that is marriage material and not just any puppy love. Dongman needs to ask himself, what if Aera is the one who has a dangerous and life-risking job? What if she also has a crack in her head and has a big possibility of becoming deaf if she gets hit? Would he have convinced her to quit also?

Dongman needs to ask himself, what if Aera is the one who has a dangerous and life-risking job? What if she also has a crack in her head and has a big possibility of becoming deaf if she gets hit? Would he have convinced her to quit also?

that something really important you point out.exactly what if it was the other way around?he made a big fuss over Aera wearing a dress that has her legs showing Aera listen to him and went to change .his problem hasn't to do with clothes it has to do with his life and he act really lightly with his life and his current situation... he doesn't put himself into Aera's situation.

but i hope in
the end we gonna have a happy ending after i see the stills of the last episode.

i love this episode  it shows how someone dream can affect and cause sadness and fear to someone else.i love the way the writer unfolds this story.sure it's not the typical cliche storyline. i glad something like that happend so Aera can forget her past and current fears and find peace inside her and dong man understand what he did wrong and his careless way of thinking.if he was acting more mature and did the right training before we will be more ready to fight and all this mess could be avoid it

22 minutes ago, coswebelong said:

Yeahhh..cos i hope those stills of them four at Namil Bar is not some kind of throwback memory with a voiceover saying "in life,not all that started well would end well..i still cherish the memory of fantastic four eventho we have all parted ways"..(die slowly while crying tomorrow if that happens)

Omg! Please hopefully not. I won't be able to live with that TTTT I'm going to be really positive and pray that we'll get the ending that we deserve. Actually, I'm imagining that what if Dongman can't concentrate well on his training after he and Aera broke up and he realizes that he can't live without her and that winning against Taksu and doing MMA makes him happy but doesn't really make him complete so he quits after beating Taksu and ends up being a coach instead and comes back healthy and proposes to Aera. They get married and have kids. They go on double dates with Seolhee and Jooman. Fast forward to 4 years later, we see Aera complaining about Dongman training their son to be a Taekwondo player, etc etc. They live happily ever after. Hahahahahaha ok I should stop.

FFMW has maintained its position as the most popular drama for two consecutive weeks and even more the praise this drama gets is internasional the good ratings and a lot actors and kpop idols watch and support this drama.

i am so happy to see news like that.i haven't see any of park seo joon's dramas only FFMW  but i see his previous drama get quite negative previews so i am glad that he hit the jackpot with this one.he's acting is superb. DM is so a well writing character same as Aera's.even when they both have new dramas i will never forget these 2 characters.i love  choi aera even more than rachel and Yoon Myeong-Joo.

they did so well!!also the writer did an amazing job.it ends soon and i am so sad.

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Despite his heartbreak, I'm glad that DM chose to go for his dream. He's right. If he goes back to the way he was living before, suppressing his dream and his own self, he would find it hard to live, especially with the weight of his family and coach's expectations as well. If he did give it all up to be with AR, I don't think it would be long before he couldn't be with her anyway through self-recrimination even if he didn't blame AR for the ultimatum that forced him to choose to live as a lesser version of himself as he sees it. Given his nature, I don't believe that he would blame AR and become bitter towards her for giving him the ultimatum. However, he would relentlessly blame himself for letting his dream go since he would own up to his choices, and part of that would make him not want to be with the woman he loves as punishment and since AR would be a reminder of how he chose to be a lesser man. 

AR is also probably right in the moment in letting DM go. She is traumatized and finding it hard to be with DM when he could be injured and hurt. That's the same reason, some people won't date military men and women and other professions with higher risk associated with them because they could be injured or killed, and they don't feel they could go through that. However, what AR needs to realize is that DM is going to do what he feels he has to do regardless. She even admitted to knowing that he would. So, she has to decide if it's really better to live a miserable life alone than to spend whatever time she can with the one person that she's loved her whole entire life. She's being highly emotional right now, and on her high horse. However, the reality of a life without DM at all is going to hit her hard. Given that this is a rom-com, I expect she'll realize it and get back with DM sooner rather than later. In real life where realization may take longer, she would spend the rest of her life with regrets, even more so if something did happen to DM and he became seriously injured or dead. 

So, I expect tomorrow's episode to be full of joy and togetherness. 

Thanks so much for the translations @stroppyse @xxPeepsxx @alleram95!!!

@stroppyse I think you're right.  Now that he knows the huge expectations that others have of him, if the bowed out now he would feel a much lesser man and wouldn't be able to forgive himself and therefore unworthy of AR. And completely agree with your 2nd paragraph :)   And, am praying that your expectations of tomorrow's episode will become reality!!!!:blush::blush::heart:

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, it makes sense that DM is always one star more than AR. While AR may have had a crush on DM first, it's really DM who comes to love AR in a real way, and appreciate her for all her qualities including her flaws. AR still needs to mature into that. There is no doubt that she loves DM, but she also needs to allow him to be him and love him for him, and break the dynamic of their childhood where she bosses him around and he complies. 

@stroppyse you are just reading my mind today!!!!:D

I don't see how AR can be accused of being selfish. There are countless documented research and stories about the effects of repeated head injuries. And also some people are just not able to tolerate violent sports.

Also, a skull fracture is a skull fracture. Not a crack. That's a layman's term. And any frsctures takes 6 weeks or more to heal anyway. So he can't fight for 2 months anyway. Also one actually has to be hit at the same spot to replicate it. I also live in a country where random people can king hit someone and they died. I am also sore because I have just read of an interstate incident. A medical consultant just died. He just told someone to stop smoking on his hospital grounds. And he was punched and became unconscious. And died. Am so sore over the non smoking rule. Because we get so much grief over it especially with the mental health patients going nuts when they are told they can't smoke. But mostly very sad for him and his family. And why I don't actually say anything but can't stand it when smokers stand everywhere and smoke. 

So anyway, it is a plot point. It will be resolved. But MMA is not a sport for the light hearted. I played contact sports and have family doing martial arts. And see effects of violence at work. Have anyone of you actually been to a match? By the way a beaten up person and some of those contestants are bashed badly- can be intimidating looking to an average person. Ouch is the mildest reaction. Some people freak out. And I don't know how the average person reacts to blood everywhere. I played rugby and also watched rugby. And the amount of blood per match is actually pretty common. But a beaten up bashed up swollen eye shut person- I don't think as many of you would see it as often. Trying living as the wife or partner of a MMA fighter. Even in a Kdrama scenario it ain't exactly easy.

I'm coming out of lurking to say that I absolutely love this drama. The break up scene was really heartbreaking and really hard to watch, but a part of me thinks it needed to happen. Dong Man and Ae Ra clearly have different ideas about what he should be doing, I think they both need time to process what is happening as well as their relationship to hopefully try and get an understanding of how the other feels.

I hate to say this, but because I think they need that time to consider the problem, I could see the writer including a time jump in the last episode. I don't want them to do a time jump, but think it would be unrealistic to have them solve their issues quickly in the current situation, I think if they have some time apart to reflect on things, Dong Man and Ae Ra would be able to understand each other and heal from their issues (particularly Ae Ra) to get back together. Plus, if they do a time jump, the viewers would get to see the characters living out their dreams.

I could be wrong, but that's something I could see them doing in the finale.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

and on her high horse.

I don't think she's on her high horse at all though.  Like @ck1Oz explained, MMA injuries are no joke and for someone who's been legit terrified for the safety of her loved one since she gained awareness of the world, it's not just a matter of living with or without DongMan.

It's the palpitations, the sweaty palms, the strike-you-dumb-I-can't-see-anything sense of terror and helplessness that AeRa's unable to handle. It's a bit of an extreme analogy but it's like she's in a war-zone for AeRa, every moment DongMan's determined to fight. He could be bashed in the ring, he could be decapitated during practice. She doesn't know when and 24/7, except for the times he stays beside her, she'll be in a complete frenzy, worrying over his safety. She knows that she can't handle that level of stress, and she knows that she can't stop him. She's not leaving him because she thinks she's right but he won't listen to her. She's leaving him just because she can't handle what he's going to do. She knows that she can't overcome her trauma and if he continues to do what he's going to do, she's going to crack and lose herself. She's leaving him for her own sake and not due to a crushed ego. At that level, I think it's unfair to classify it as selfishness. To me, it's self-preservation.

@ck1Oz Next time smokers smoke, scratch chalkboards with your fingernails. What? If you can be annoying, I can be annoying too! I hate terrible smokers too. Actually, I hate smokers when they're smoking. I just don't understand why they do it. It's so pointless. If you're stressed, go squeeze a stress ball!

It's painful to watch because I understand both of their reasons. I wish that before Dong Man's big fight, Aera will change her mind, maybe someone needs to talk to her, someone that truly understands her position, so I am hoping that she'll get a chance to talk/interview a wife (or a girlfriend) of an MMA fighter and with this she will get a different POV of how and why a person still stays with a fighter. I just want her to change her mind before the fight and please give us a happy ending!

Archived