Director: Lee Na Jeong

Writer: Im Sang Choon

Episodes: 20

Network: KBS

Production: Pan Entertainment

Airing date: 22 May 2017 - 11 July 2017

Filming process: live shooting

Story

It's a drama about the growing romance between two people who have third-rate lives, but still want to live life their way regardless of what others say.

Ko Dong Man (Park Seo Joon) has always dreamed of becoming famous as a taekwondo athlete but now works as a contract employee in a mundane job. His bickering longtime friend, Choi Ae Ra (Kim Ji Won), aspires to become a television anchor but works instead at the information desk of a department store.

Their friends, Kim Joo Man (Ahn Jae Hong), and Baek Seol Hee (Song Ha Yoon) have been dating for six years but face a new threat to their relationship.

Can the four friends achieve their individual dreams despite having “third-rate” qualifications?

source: viki

Main Characters

Park Seo Joon as Go Dong Man

18299917_454164148250405_802129223495345

RkTzsEq.png

Kim Ji Won as Choi Ae Ra

18579928_537936999929768_536733254003195

ihkh0e9.png

Ahn Jae Hong as Kim Joo Man

q4Z1rJ7.jpg

tWZkzRd.png

Song Ha Yoon as Baek Seol Hee

C5S3hPw.jpg

a955uVs.png

C_lpBAjVoAAt4eN.jpg

<Character descriptions are taken from KBS Global Media website>

Official Teaser

5 minutes official highlight + Eng sub

Official video: Park Seo Joon greetings for "Fight My Way"

OST - Official MV 

IMPORTANT NOTES!!

Please be advised that you will need to follow Soompi's Code of Conduct specifically those rules/regulations that apply to the K-Drama/Movie Forum. So please read them before posting: Code of Conduct and K drama & movie forum rules

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS'

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot / activities is considered spamming. 

Don't quote videos/images.

Do not post successively except for live blogging on drama's airtime.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Dramafever) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

SPAMMING AND HEATED DEBATES ARE STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED!!

Individual actor / actress information or pictures that has no relevance to the drama thread topic should be posted in their respective threads (including posting interview pics of each actor/actress without any relevant articles or news related to 'Third-rate My Way' drama) - you can post them in their own thread (actor / actress own thread)!!!

Post will be updated as more information surfaces.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"KBS" Ssammai Way "affirmative review" [official]

Enter the article 2017.02.10 at 10:58 am Last modification 10/02/2017 11:07 a.m.Article Source Comments 133
[Daily sports]

Actor Chun Woo-hee is preparing to return to the drama. 

Chun Woo-hee, the agency's agent, said, "Chun Woo-hee is in the process of reviewing the drama 'Sammy Way'." 'Sammai Wei' is a KBS 2TV drama scheduled to be broadcasted in May. If the appearance is concluded, it becomes the main drama of the first terrestrial drama of Chun Woo Hee. Chun Woo-hee, who has been active in the film, has come over to the drama edition and is interested in what activities he will show. 

'Sammai Wei' is a new work by Kris Chun Cho from KBS 2TV single-action drama 'Baek Hee is back'. Money draws not only the background but also the story of a man and woman living a life without anything. In the play, Chun Woo-hee had a dream of announcer, but she is still discussing it as a heroine character who works at a reception desk at a department store. 

On the other hand, Chun Woo-hee has shown unique and attractive acting in movies. "Sunny", "Sungjoo", "Guest", "Guksung" and so on. 

[Sole] Park Sook-jun, KBS 'Shemmai Wei' starring .. Cheon Woo-hee meet

Enter the article 2017.02.10 2:56 pm Last modified 2017.02.10 3:03 pm Article originalComments 51
[Daily Sports Park Jung Sun]
Actor Park Saw-jun was on the KBS 2TV new drama 'Sammai Wei'. 

On October 10, a drama official said, "Park Seo-jun has been offered to appear in 'Sammy Way'." 

'Shemmai Wei' depicts the success of the martial arts, in which men and women who have been tempted to live in supporting the world push the wheels and rise to the main character of life. 

The male main character, Gong Dong Man, who was proposed by Park Suk Joon, was a deadly fighter in Taekwondo suit during his school years, but now lives as a contracted office worker. I will challenge UFC player instead of Taekwondo to fly again. 

'Shemmai Wei' is a work that became a hot topic in front of the casting of the actor. Chun Woo-hee turned down the dream of the announcer in the play and was offered the Choi Ala station to work at the information desk at department store. He is also an event professional announcer to achieve his dream like Gordon. 

This drama is attracting attention as a new work by Kris Chun Choon, "KBS Baek Hee is back" on KBS 2TV single-act. Lim, who had been acclaimed as a well-maid drama over expectations, once again anticipates whether he can show a reversal. 

'Sammy Way' is in full casting. It is scheduled to air in May. 

• 2 weeks later...

Third-Rate My Way

2017022501002226200156251_99_20170224115

Drama Profile

Working Title: Ssam My Way <쌈 마이웨이>

Genre:

Director: Lee Na Jeong

Writer: Im Sang Choon

Episodes:

Network: KBS

Production:

Airing date: May 2017 -

Filming process:

Plot Summary

Drama tells the story of Ko Dong-Man and Choi Ae-Ra.

In their school days, Ko Dong-Man took part in taekwondo. Now, he makes a living by working as a contract employee and also goes after the UFC title.

Choi Ae-Ra hoped to become an announcer, but she gave up her dream. Now, she works at the information desk of a department store.

source: asianwiki

Park Seo Joon And Kim Ji Won Confirmed As Leads For Upcoming KBS Drama

park seo joon kim ji won

Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won will be starring in KBS’s upcoming drama titled “Fight My Way” (tentative title).

“Fight My Way” is a romance drama that shares the story of two young people who try to take the paths they want in life despite the harsh reality that keeps bringing them down.

Park Seo Joon will be playing Go Dong Man, a former taekwondo player who used to be famous but ends up becoming a nameless mixed martial arts fighter. Meanwhile, Kim Ji Won will play the role of Choi Ae Ra, a woman who works at a department store’s info desk but dreams of becoming a news anchor. They’ve known each other for a long time, and the two of them are such good friends that they can even joke about each other’s past break-ups. The drama aims to capture viewers’ hearts with a realistic romance story, rather than a sugar-coated one.

Oh YAssss!!! 122 35 Super cute catwoman emoji gifs free download cat emoticons cat emojibookmarked already... been waiting for Kim Ji Won to be the lead... she's so pretty and she's a great actress... a complete package...I really love her... I really want her in Bride of the water God but it's okay since she will have her own drama... I hope this will be a hit so that she can start to shine on her own...she's kinda underrated in Korea... I have this feeling that she will level up along with Hye Kyo and Tae Hee...plus the fact that she's gonna paired up with Seo Joon ...so excited..kyaaaaa!!!... 2iur 60 + Super cute dog girl chat emoji gifs images are downloaded dog emoticons dog emoji

Oh yeah!!!Glad to see Seo Joon confirming and returning so soon to dramaland,Hwarang ended and i already miss him!!!Loved both initial choices for our heroine so i'm happy with Kim Jiwon confirming as well and being her first leading role!!!Hope now that the script will be good as the initial plot isin't into your face as story yet somehow i like it exactly for being more close to reality :D

9 hours ago, evie7 said:

crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif@ilwoo_aeinHello chingu! Thanks for starting this thread, I'm happy to see Park Seo Joon's going to be in a new drama and Love it that Kim Ji Won's getting her first lead rolecrazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif

@sakura2016 @zagigirl We have another PSJ drama!

THANK YOU SO MUCH CHINU FOR THE SHOUT OUT, I was searching for the drama's thread and thought non was made yet when I didn't found any (it's me being bad a t searchong apparently :sweatingbullets:)!! :heart: I'M SO HAPPY AND EXCITED!! AND WE WILL SEE MORE ACTION FROM HIM! :love::blush:

Kim Ji Won and Park Seo Joon pairs up for upcoming drama 'Third-Rate My Way'

News

The Lead cast for upcoming KBS drama 'Third-Rate My Way' has been revealed! kim Ji Won got the female Lead role while his male Lead has also been confirmed.

Actor Park Seo Joon will play as Kim Ji Won's male Lead. 'Third-Rate My Way' is a drama young couple who will be forced to face the reality of life. 

Park Seo Joon will take a role as a Taekwondo player. His charm is excited to be seen on the drama.

'Third-Rate My Way' airing date will soon be announced. Are you excited for this pair up?

SOURCE  http://www.ilovekstars.com/news/post/3679/

Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won to work together in new KBS2 drama!

By beansss    22 hours ago    178,893    36,291    19
kim-ji-won,park-seo-joon

SHARES
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Google+
Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won have been cast in the upcoming KBS2 drama 'Ssam My Way'!

SEE ALSO: Introducing allkpop's new chatroom!

The drama will portray the growth and romance of two characters whose lacking skills in their desired fields force them to lead unhappy lives. Park Seo Joon will be playing the role of an MMA fighter named Go Dong Man, a former taekwondo athlete with high energy and passion. Kim Ji Won will be in the role of Choi Ae Ra, who used to dream of becoming an announcer but ended up working at a shopping mall until she loses that job as well.

The two characters in the story will also be longtime close friends who see each other as a friend of the opposite gender rather than a potential girlfriend/boyfriend until their romance buds. 

Are you excited for Park Seo Joon x Kim Ji Won?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/02/park-seo-joon-and-kim-ji-won-to-work-together-in-new-kbs2-drama

21 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

I posted on another thread which have the same title...now I'm so confuse which is the real thread? LOL...

I only saw a "soompi thread" but wasn't like the ones e used to and only the title is "soompi" but the lik isn't a soompi forum!!

happy you're here too!! :D

11 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Oh yeah!!!Glad to see Seo Joon confirming and returning so soon to dramaland,Hwarang ended and i already miss him!!!Loved both initial choices for our heroine so i'm happy with Kim Jiwon confirming as well and being her first leading role!!!Hope now that the script will be good as the initial plot isin't into your face as story yet somehow i like it exactly for being more close to reality :D

chingu!! :D yes me too!! I'm so happy we'll have to see him in another drama soon and in action! :love: and I'm looking forward to the OTP!! :tongue: I'm loving the plot so far and hope the draa turns out good too!! :D 

‘Ssam My Way’ to star actors Park and Kim

Feb 25,2017

24193300.jpg

Rising actors Park Seo-joon, left, and Kim Ji-won have confirmed their roles on the upcoming KBS2 drama, “Ssam My Way.”

Having played roles in the MBC drama “Kill Me, Heal Me,” “She Was Pretty” and the recently concluded KBS drama “Hwarang,” Park built his reputation as a go-to actor for characters in their 20s. Park will play Ko Dong-man, a martial artist with a very low reputation in his field.

Kim also built a following after her appearance in one of the biggest dramas of last year, “Descendants of the Sun.” This drama will be her first appearance in a year since her previous role.

Written by Lim Sang-choon and directed by Lee Na-jeong, the upcoming drama was described as a story of characters’ attempts to lead their lives in their own way, even if the society expects and treats them as people with low qualifications. Pan Entertainment, which has produced hit dramas such as MBC’s “The Moon Embracing the Sun” (2012), “Kill Me, Heal Me” (2015) and SBS’ “Doctors” (2016) will be producing the drama. The show is scheduled to air its first episode in May.

BY KIM JUNG-KYOON [kim.jungkyoon@joongang.co.kr]

I always love it when long-time friends ends up lovers!! :wub: 

Oh the two thread already merge... hehe... I'm actually waiting for the airing date... hope this wouldn't be like Uncontrollably Fond... I'm not a fan of heavy drama... and I can already sense the chemistry between the two... Thank God they gave Kim Ji Won a lead role ...she really deserves it... 

19 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I always love it when long-time friends ends up lovers!! :wub: 

hey! nice to bump into you here...we'll be spazzing together again...hahaha... I'm just waiting for more updates ...I hope this isn't just a typical love story...

4 minutes ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

Oh the two thread already merge... hehe... I'm actually waiting for the airing date... hope this wouldn't be like Uncontrollably Fond... I'm not a fan of heavy drama... and I can already sense the chemistry between the two... Thank God they gave Kim Ji Won a lead role ...she really deserves it... 

hey! nice to bump into you here...we'll be spazzing together again...hahaha... I'm just waiting for more updates ...I hope this isn't just a typical love story...

hope it will be a great drama!! :D

yes!! hihihi from the plot looks like they'll be growin as individuals and lovers which I love!! :wub: let's hop fot the best!! :wink: 

40 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

That PSJ is one busy fellow.

chingu!! you're here!! :D 

hhhhhhhh yes!! and hope he always be!! it's beneficial to us!! :tongue::wub: 

cr: owner

can't wait to see how he'll play Ko Dong Man!! :wub: 

and I liked Kim Ji Won from what I saw of her in High Kick 3 with Lee Jong Seok and DOTS and couldn't believe she's Rachel who I hated in Heirs!! :lol: 

17 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Yes :rolleyes: Here Chingu @sakura2016 Great benefit to us..

happy for that :D 

yes and I'm so excited for his new drama and hope it does really well!! :wub: 

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
News bites: February 25, 2017
by awcoconuts | February 25, 2017 | 34 Comments

ParkSeoJoon_KimJiWon_AhnJaeHong1.jpg

• Kim Ji-won (Descended From the Sun) will star opposite Park Seo-joon (Hwarang) in Third-Rate My Way, and has won the role over competitor Chun Woo-hee (The Wailing). I’m glad someone else chose, because I wouldn’t have been able to! Ahn Jae-hong (Answer Me 1988) is also confirmed as a lead, and his character description is somewhat hilariously thorough. In the drama about young people without specs who refuse to be relegated to lesser lives, Ahn’s a guy who was very nearly the lead in a 1999 TV show (the role that went to Lee Jong-won in Trap of Youth). He’s in no hurry to marry his current girlfriend of three years, the daughter of a jokbal (pigs feet) street vendor, and he’s also fighting a growing attraction to the daughter of the CEO of a jokbal company, who’s studying abroad. Maybe he really wants to be in a relationship with jokbal, but just doesn’t know it? Third-Rate My Way will air in May on KBS. [Joongang, Ten Asia]

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/news-bites-february-25-2017/

cr: all.kpop.l

Archived