[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2017] I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho 总裁在上我在下

sugarplum892

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gong Ou's mom (I'm sure we'll be seeing more of her in the future)...

006yRNy6jw1f8zz4prbltj30qo141qa9.jpg

and her fondness (too much like the others pointed out) of wine...

006yRNy6jw1f8zz4pf899j31410qo12i.jpg

006yRNy6jw1f8zz4rofuoj31410qo7cl.jpg

Spoiler

006yRNy6jw1f8zz4sl9zzj31410qotmb.jpg

006yRNy6jw1f8zz4r46qvj31410qoqbb.jpg

... but at least she drinks tea too.

006yRNy6jw1f8zz4t6r2tj31410qotg9.jpg

Credits to the official weibo page

@Lawyerh  a.baa-good-to-see-you.jpg

So glad you showed up always glad to be on the same thread as you!!  Really enjoying this drama even if we do have to send out a search party to find it but thanks to the hard work of those here I am able to enjoy it very much!!!!:wub:

@Lawyerh Great to see you on that thread too!cheetah I agree that k-dramas are not that crazy compared to chinese dramas. However, what I really appreciate in this one, is that the female main character is not stupid and doesn't believe all these lies. Sure, QC and TY lied to her with the child but as soon as she realised her mistake, she could see through QC's desire. XN remains firm and determined... she doesn't get upset so easily. She might appear as weak (episode 4, her nervous breakdown), but she is not, if you realise the huge pressure she was exposed to. She was tormented by Gongou for one month and she always denied the allegations. She could have taken the easy way out, no she kept claiming for her innocence which made GG realise about her honesty and strong will. He loves her because she is able to defy him and talk back... she is not upset about his crazy behaviour.

9 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Anyone watching the interview of the cast?

any kind soul able to know what they talking about uhm *cough2* @40somethingahjumma Hehe... 

btw happy lady sorrounded by the handsome guy

Without subtitles, this is a struggle for me. :wink: The background noise doesn't help much. Sounds like that there's something else going on in the background. If you can find one with Chinese subtitles (I couldn't), I'd be able to do better. Or the transcript.

But essentially they're each being asked about their respective characters and how they approach their respective roles.

The lead actress approached XN as some kind of Mary Sue and thought about what that would mean. Someone who's loved by men and hated by women. :D The actress was asked if there's any similarity between her and the character. Her response was that there will always be some overlap... some similarities and some differences. But a Mary Sue is a perfect ideal and there's no such thing as a perfect ideal.

The actor who plays Qianchu was asked if had read the story before coming into the drama. He did. While reading the story he predicted that the character would turn bad at the end. A steady character but calculating. He was asked if he's like his character and he said no straightaway. At one point he says he is happy to be in a more normal drama. (The interviewer that picks up on this and jokes about it.) It's a role that's different from what he usually plays.

Pan Zi Jian, who plays GO talks about the character's paranoid personality disorder and he's not like anyone else. He said that his romance with XN is based on his mental illness. The actress picks up on the fact that he only loved her because he's sick. He agreed. The interviewer asked him if personally he's paranoid in any way. He thinks he's a little. He mentions he normally has a mild temperament but there are times when he explodes. When asked he says he's biggest challenge in playing the character is to express his mental illness as he's a normally mild-mannered guy though he does have his explosive moments. But if he works hard and with the director's direction, he should be able to do it.

The actor who plays Fengde says that his character was supposed to be an old fellow who's turned into a suave young man. It was unacceptable (even he had trouble accepting it) but he loves a challenge. He was asked if he played the character as an old man or approached him in a new way. Fengde is a steady character who mainly says three words, "Yes, Young Master." and it's not enough to fill up a whole drama. (I think) The character needs his own uniqueness otherwise it destroys the character.

It's just a quick summary but it should give you a rough idea. Very rough sadly.

currently waiting for the subs and the drama to be finish. so I can watch all the episodes hehe
its was kind of confusing without subs and I kind of skip some scenes but will definitely not skip when it's all subs and finished  

I've been in contact with the person who subbed Ep. 4 and I've been helping him/her edit those subs because I have no clue about the technical side of these things. 

I haven't seen what Ep. 5 looks like yet. I'll be quite busy the next couple of days so I don't know if I can get to them until my Thursday evening.

Let's hope we can keep doing this right to the end. 

8 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Did the viki get back to your request bebe? I think ep 5 sub is on the way... but havent finish. Also anyone know if its popular in China? Seems not many news about it except in Weibo (God only know how to read that word there haha...) also sorry for spamming this wall. I got no other place to vent my curiosity and stress haha... the drama so wrong in many levels so not really my friend cup of tea sadly...

No response from viki so far! That's a pity in my opinion. 

@newshirt this drama air ever Friday.  5 more episode.  I am also reading the novel but my Chinese is not that great so cannot understand some of the smaller details in the novel...I wished I would have paid attention during my years in Chinese school!!

Poster for ep 6:

431b9ad3-df82-43ad-a9bc-7d879abaa1b0.jpg

There is also a synopsis:

简介: 根据掌阅文学排名第一,旗下趣阅小说网签约作者、顶级言情天后姜小牙的同名小说改编:时小念在事故中受到了惊吓,导致胎位不稳,住进了医院。期间莫娜以治疗为名,带宫欧四处走动,不断入侵宫欧的空间,企图霸占宫欧。而宫欧在一张哥哥的旧照片中发现了时小念的身世的秘密……

Credits to Letv

I hope @40somethingahjumma can help translate this. Thanks in advance :D.

Episode 6 trailer

GO: Women need a feeling of security, they need to be given surprises (good ones). Shi Xiao Nian, let's get married.

XN: Do you know what marriage represents?

GO: A family. SXN, haven't you always wanted a family? I, Gong'ou will give you a family. I don't mind what you've been through, don't mind your past, I don't mind what you have. So SXN, say something to make me happy. You must marry me or marry me or marry me.

Mona: Do you assume that GO's marriage is in his control?

XN: But right now, in his heart there's only me.

Mona: But when he truly wakes up which is also when his illness is cured, you will discover that the person he loves isn't you.

GO: Whatever it is, I want us to break up

Mona: If you want to pursue it you can. Only if you're willing to part with SXN's life.

XN: You piece of human trash. I'm giving birth to your child and you're in here fooling around with another woman. Is that how you treat me? Do you know that everyday that I'm with you how much pressure I feel? How can you treat me this way?

Just finish watching ep. 6.  Ep. 7 XN will be kidnap by GO mom.  They want to take her baby from her.  It's so similar to the novel.  Ep 6 shows the picture of GO brother and a cross dresser.  That cross dresser is XN twin brother.  The novel explain that GO brother and XN brother were in a relationship.  The drama is so short and a lot of things are not explained but the novel explain things more clearly.  

XN will find her biological parents soon if the story lines up with the novel!!  Can't wait to see !

gong ou is pretty much the king of jerk i don't understand anymore. He make kidnap her. make her pregnant, promise to marry her, kick her out of the house afterwards and make her see him bathing with another girl. i don't think ive seen a guy more worse than him

38 minutes ago, miaka27 said:

Just finish watching ep. 6.  Ep. 7 XN will be kidnap by GO mom.  They want to take her baby from her.  It's so similar to the novel.  Ep 6 shows the picture of GO brother and a cross dresser.  That cross dresser is XN twin brother.  The novel explain that GO brother and XN brother were in a relationship.  The drama is so short and a lot of things are not explained but the novel explain things more clearly.  

XN will find her biological parents soon if the story lines up with the novel!!  Can't wait to see !

can you give me the link of the novel

1 hour ago, vilincia said:

gong ou is pretty much the king of jerk i don't understand anymore. He make kidnap her. make her pregnant, promise to marry her, kick her out of the house afterwards and make her see him bathing with another girl. i don't think ive seen a guy more worse than him

can you give me the link of the novel

Here you go

http://tw.vv44.net/novel/30500

Archived