[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2017] I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho 总裁在上我在下

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

@bebebisous33

You post above put in what I suspected as well. The only question I have is did Gongou see the picture at the gallery of Xianonian and fall for her first or did he see it after the meeting 3 years ago? How long has he liked her?  Either way I came to the same conclusion that he is in love with her with the intention to marry her. As stated above right from the start he claims her and tells her that the only one to have his children is her. (qualified to or wanted) He never seemed the type to toy with a woman on the side. He seemed determined to have the woman he has prolly thought of and wanted for so long Xianonian. He said it himself he is willing to do anything to be with her. If that means suffer the abuse from his father we can see he is doing it. He only wants Xianonian and no one else.

I too did not see it as rape because he tried to give her an out by asking if she knew who she was with. The moment she said his name he gave into what he has wanted all along to be that close to her. I too say that drug lowering her inhibitions and giving her a chance to love him intimately as well. Gongou took care of her and was very angry that they gave her an aphrodisiac. From what I see he tried hard to keep his distance but she was all over him and he is only human. When she woke up she did not seem angry and she had a flash of what happen the day before so her question was "did she hook up with Gongou?" Showed she remembered. And it was not anger it was one of thoughtfulness. IF she felt he forced her she would have been very angry and screaming bloody murder. This time it is Gongou who is running trying to not see her in case she wants to cry foul and accuse him of taking advantage. He looks afraid to see it when I am sure the night before meant something to him. (I wonder if they truly did it and made a baby that he craves with her.)

That ring was a shock to him. His face when she ripped it off and threw it said it all. He was shocked to see it. HE could not believe that she had been wearing it. He knows it is the ring he was going to give her when he asked her to marry him. To see she had it and not lost like he thought when he threw it away had to surprise him. It's interesting how much he looked at it as he thought about it after what happen.

That family is awful. I do not understand how Xianonian ended up with those people. I can't even fathom what they were going to do with her if she had not got up and tried to leave. Would they have taken her somewhere and let someone have her or hurt her under that influence of that drug? Then took pictures to smear her? What kind of people do that to someone who does not deserve it all because their real daughter can't seem to keep the man they all tricked into being with her? Did they not care what could have happen to Xianonian? Of course they did not care, how could they if they did something like this playing on her need to keep them as family even after how they have treated her. Thank goodness Gongou sent a man to get her at that moment. That woman telling her to go home and lie down was just too much! Whose home would she go too? Theirs (Heck no!)? or they send her to a stranger? OR would shidi send her to Gongou like that? (I think not.) My guess if that driver had not shown up no telling were this poor girl would have ended up.

I am interested to see what happens next between these two. I can't say I am happy to see from the preview that the awful family tries to make her into a home wrecker and ruin her reputation but I do hope Gongou destroys them. Their latching on to Qianchu just shows what type of people they are. I hope they are sent to jail by the end of this drama.

(Does not mean I condone this type of behavior. Because someone under the influence of a drug should be better looked after and be able to endure without worrying of someone taking advantage. I think it is a matter of perspective. Had she woken up and screamed it was rape or he took advantage then it would have been seen as such. It was her body.)

Agreed with all your thoughts. Though my caveat is also that this is dramaland and in no way okay in real life. Firstly I think that he saw the painting either just before or just after his 'rape', and he then somehow conflated seeing her at the party with the woman who 'raped' him. I think part of his complete rejection that it could have been someone else is because he likes her (from the painting, from what he's found out about her in his investigation) and also because she is that woman that had sex with him so she must be his future wife (there's kind of a circulat logic there), maybe because she slept with him (and I believe took his virginity). So if she's not the woman that drugged and had sex with him, can she still be his future wife and the woman he loves? I think he needs it to be her because he wants to be with and stay with her. Don't know if that makes sense but like I said there seems to be a circular logic at work. 

I think it also matches his behaviour when he's angry with her. I find it hard to believe that someone who seems so obsessively into her would abuse her in so many ways. So to me it's kind of like the flip side of his obsessive need for her. In those moments he hates her too and doesn't care if he hurts her, then pretty much immediately regrets it. It's very messed up and as I said only in dramaland could this ever be romantic and not abusive (it's still abusive but somehow it's okay to me). I find myself sympathising with both of them. 

I do think, like everyone says, the thing that makes their relationship work is how she reacts to him. She cares for him, she's not afraid and she wants him too. 

I would love some recommendations for more Boss and employee romances where the girl isn't a meek mouse. One episode a week of this is just not enough for me. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think, however, that the show is getting better now that all the crazy family makjang stuff is out in the open. (I'm relieved that it didn't go for another 5 episode. Thank God.) The actors seem to be a lot more comfortable in their respective roles and Xiaonian is trying to find her own space without either men hovering over her.

That said, I'd like to see more of the leads together. Might be that they have to start from scratch seeing that they put the cart before the horse in that one.

@lolalarue -- Have you seen Shan Shan Lai Chi (Shan Shan Comes to Eat) or I think the English title is Boss and Me? It's rather delightful for the most part. Drags a little in the final stage like a lot of C-dramas but the leads are great. It's a couple of years old now.

There's Pretty Li Huizhen but it drags like mad. I barely got through The Interpreter. Great premise, uninteresting execution.

Aside from that I can't give you too many recommendations. I'm not a huge fan of the office romance genre. 

@40somethingahjumma I have seen Boss and Me and really enjoyed it. I like Gu Man's adaptations (Boss and Me, Love O2O, My Sunshine), and they all have that similar dynamic (wolf/bunny love). Dilraba is a new find for me (I enjoyed Pretty Li Huizhen primarily because of her and Vin Zhang Bin Bin) so far I've loved her in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and PLH. 

I

@lolalarue -- There is another one I quite enjoyed but it was more a revenge melo than a rom com. It starred Hawick Lau and it was called Yi Nian Xiang Bei (play on the name of the character). I checked with Wikipedia and the official English title is The Road North. I can't remember if anyone subbed it but I seem to remember watching it on Viki. Yes, I did. Viki has it as "Thinking of You" (which sort of makes sense as well)

But there was definitely an employer-employee dynamic going on for a bit.

Okay, I should stop before I start annoying others here.

@USAFarmgirl I agree that the weird title made me so curious that I wanted to watch it. Yes, Gongou is a lonely person and I guess, his own family might be also crazy. I mean, his father beat him in order to force his son to accept the arranged marriage. 

I find it very interesting that although Xianonian has always been neglected by her adoptive family, she was able to overlook it so that she could still love her family. She still wanted to remain a part of her family, consider Shidi as her sister aso. She had so much love to give that she even loved Qianchu who was himself neglected by his own family. She gave so much warmth and love that her sister was so jealous of her. She could only use mean tricks to hurt Xianonian (asking her parents' whole attention aso), yet Xianonian never got jealous of her. Gongou must have felt it too and wanted to be loved by her, well aware that he has his own issues. That's why we've got this title: Gongou feels that only Xianonian can love him despite his paranoia disorder and controlling behaviour.   

But I am really wondering what really happened that night three years ago. I still believe that we were not given all the explanations. First Xianonian remembered  the bathroom, when Gongou was dragging her to the room, where he was supposed to have slept with her. Moreover, he keeps trying to make her remember... it is just his obsession? I don't think so. Moreover, we know for sure that Gongou doesn't lie. Maybe Tangyi lied about having sex with Gongou... she had to lie to Shidi. 

As for Qianchu, he got jealous that Gongou is living with her. Actually, Xianonian didn't want to leave Gongou, even if the identity of the girl had been found out. Qianchu made sure that Gongou would misunderstand... by being beaten, he thought that this would move Xianonian. She would be horrified by Gongou's behaviour and leave his side. Yet, it didn't really work out because of the ring and because of her mother's intervention.     

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6EX1-MfmD7g1XII0Yexj   " To Never Forget...."  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHcE8AActGyC4_bz0Z-YI

With all the craziness surrounding the OTP couple and Gongou's own scars physically and mentally that are in control of his life that make him do things and say things I doubt he even wants to do.  More about that sickness within him like a knee jerk reaction that just moves on it's own without time for thought. Until much later when regret always fills him inside...

Even knowing all of that and maybe a part of me being in that world instead of my feet grounded in reality my heart is and was captured in this scene above alone.  "To never forget" was much more than the sharing of 3 words it was Gongou not only reaching out to Xianonian.  It felt as if he was holding her up as far as he could reach, placing her above the stars.  It was much more than him attempting to lift her spirits it was him speaking right from the depths of his heart & soul making her a promise.  Not just for the moment like she was so use to temporary and easily forgotten but one that he considered an oath and would forever keep...

That she could in fact count on and believe in for as different as he is, what sets him apart and makes him unique. Is what the eye can't see and behold underneath all of that craziness and rough edges there lies a heart full of love and wanting for her alone...  To Never Forget isn't so hard for someone like him who has already proved that not only can he remember he won't ever allow himself to let go.  It may well have been over 3 years maybe even longer???

For little does she know or could even imagine, he has always remembered her maybe even before their meeting in person for the first time.  I kept thinking about Xianonian's painting and what was it's title?  I had to take another look at it for art often has a way of speaking to you or telling an artists own story.  It seemed to be an ocean scene at night with rays of flickering light almost as if it's raining upon the stormy water and waves and rocks below...

I wondered if indeed her life was in fact just like her painting dark often lonely full of storms dealing with an unending feeling of being rained upon with little light or love for herself to be seen or had.  Then I wondered if somehow it spoke to Gongou in the same way as if he had found someone a kindred spirit like himself lost, lonely and often in darkness. So moved was he at that moment by a picture he had to own and a girl he wanted to know...

Either that or it was that moment he realized and found the girl he was looking for and knew.  But my heart wants to believe it was the first...

With only 3 episodes seen, it's easy for my mind and heart to wander so forgive my nonfactual thoughts that always seem to soar towards romance and hoping instead of always the facts and what is already known... 

The beauty of a drama always guessing, always hoping and always knowing one should expect the unexpected...:blink:  Have a great week everyone!!!:wub:

credit to original owners of photos...

5 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I wondered if indeed her life was in fact just like her painting dark often lonely full of storms dealing with an unending feeling of being rained upon with little light or love for herself to be seen or had.  Then I wondered if somehow it spoke to Gongou in the same way as if he had found someone a kindred spirit like himself lost, lonely and often in darkness. So moved was he at that moment by a picture he had to own and a girl he wanted to know...

I somehow entirely missed the painting even though I've watched the episodes a couple of times. Which episode was that in? I need to go back and do another viewing. :D

As for other boss/employee dramas, this is my favorite genre. Some of these are boss/employee and some are more colleagues where one has more power. I'm a big fan of Gu Man too (LoveO2O; Boss and Me; My Sunshine). Also Love Me If You Dare. I'm also watching The Queen of SOP, though I'm on episode 6. It has the same lead as Boss and Me. Taiwanese: Miss Rose; V-Focus

Some Korean workplace dramas... Drinking Solo; All About My Romance; Protect the Boss; Falling for Innocence; Oh My Ghostess. I also adore The Greatest Love, though they're more colleagues in show biz. Lie to Me (again colleagues). 

27 minutes ago, Cory Jackson said:

I somehow entirely missed the painting even though I've watched the episodes a couple of times. Which episode was that in? I need to go back and do another viewing. :D

It's in the first episode. Gongou has a different hairdress and below the painting, there is this picture of our heroine. That's why we thought, he must have bought earlier. 

@USAFarmgirl For me, the painting looks a little different. Sure, we can see the ocean and it is during the night. However, the painter drew shooting stars that are falling from the sky. It doesn't look like rain at all. Then you observe rocks in the ocean, giving the feeling of loneliness. Since the colours are so dark, the viewer has the impression of being surrounded by darkness and loneliness. Yet, the high number of shooting stars falling from the sky, then the moon that looks so yellow gives you some light and hope.

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

It's in the first episode. Gongou has a different hairdress and below the painting, there is this picture of our heroine. That's why we thought, he must have bought earlier. 

Oh, duh. It's right there in the first 10 minutes. :blush:

@Cory Jackson Hi  :)   Don't feel bad I miss stuff all the time and I often add my own romantic/part fanfic spin on things as well so take my posts with grain of salt just consider me one of those who thinks way outside the box LOL:lol::D  Good to see you here!

@bebebisous33 I see your point of view I guess to me it seemed like several long dash strokes of the brush which to me felt more like rain because of the number falling but I never thought of a meteor shower or falling stars.  I did however think the moon was a light of hope.  Because of the nature of her personality which just shines she loves everyone and cares for everyone which still feels like a miracle to me living with a family like that..:huh:  Yet she still is so strong and has such a sweet spirit... I do wish we knew the title of the painting maybe somebody can shed some light on that:) That's the beauty of art and dramas it's what speaks to your heart and how you interpret it...

giphy.gif   LOVELY...:wub:

credit and thanks to original owner of gif...

If you pay attention, you'll notice that Gongou is trying to force Xiao Nian to drink some milk and the latter refuses. I was wondering if Xiao Nian is suspecting that her drink contains some drug.

By the way, you can notice that Xiao Nian's feelings for Gongou are gradually changing. At the beginning of the episode 3, Gongou explains why he can't her with him (her family background), she replies that no one would ever want her which Gongou denies. However, deep down, she is doubting Gongou's intention: he might like her and stay with her forever, yet she is doubting that he wants to marry her. As we can observe, if Xiao Nian really disliked Gongou, she wouldn't even think about marriage at all. So she has somehow accepted him, nonetheless due to her past, she can not entirely trust him. She had been betrayed and hurt by so many people, no wonder why she is questioning if Gongou will stick to his words.

As for Qianchu: I believe, from the moment he heard her conversation with Gongou at the hotel, he decided to separate our OTP. He noticed that Xiao Nian was already falling for Gongou. Then just after, he is speaking with his "wife" Shidi over the phone and this is no coincidence. He knew that Xiao Nian was spying on Shidi's phone. Actually, such a conversation should be face to face and not over the phone. Hence he mentioned that Shidi had an abortion (based on the subs but the subs are sometimes not that great) and the pills he was eating would cause dementia. He made Shidi look like a really evil person, however I don't think that she was that evil: getting an abortion. She faked the pregnancy in order to force the marriage... As we can see, Qianchu was already manipulating Xiao Nian.

Hey guys! While I'm free from grad school responsibilities and waiting for the next episode, I decided to dig some photos of this drama. Enjoy! :blush:

8d709823ly1fd1q9p3ppuj20yi1pcdvh.jpg

bd311255ly1fd1m9n1cyqj21g31wa4qr.jpg

More posters

Spoiler

006yRNy6gy1fc4zr4k35kj31bu1smkjm.jpg

006yRNy6ly1fcptajjs63j30ku0rcgqf.jpg

Inside are just couple of pictures counting down up to the premiere date.

Spoiler

The Mother

006yRNy6ly1fcvourjumkj31410qok0s.jpg006yRNy6ly1fcvouuhuxlj31410qodnm.jpg

Shin Xiaodi and Mu Qianchu

006yRNy6ly1fcws5e5gn9j30zk0npn19.jpg006yRNy6ly1fcws5dsyg7j30zk0npad2.jpg

Mu Qianchu

006yRNy6ly1fcxxowm181j31410qodp6.jpg006yRNy6ly1fcxxowzoryj31410qo7bv.jpg

Gongou

006yRNy6ly1fcz85wz6osj31410qon5r.jpg006yRNy6ly1fcz85xm9xzj31410qo10t.jpg

Shi Xiao Nian

006yRNy6ly1fd0cyi6028j30va0kuafg.jpg006yRNy6ly1fd0cyhj8inj30va0kuaeo.jpg

credits to I love my president though he is a psycho weibo

This was the picture I mentioned in a previous post and which convinced me of Qianchu's hidden crazy character.

006yRNy6jw1f8m6i1ifgzj31410qowu0.jpg

And if you're still curious if there "was" a child (which I know you're still curious of)... 

Spoiler

... All I know is that there "is/will be" a child006yRNy6jw1f8e0iah3ghj30qo0zkgua.jpg005STg6Vgw1f9o0r3rw9bj30qn0zkmz4.jpg005STg6Vgw1f9o0r3gvpsj30qo0qojts.jpg005STg6Vgw1f9o0r4662cj30qo0qojtw.jpg005STg6Vgw1f9o0r4aw2lj30qo0qodib.jpg

Spoiler

005STg6Vgw1f9hky0kqofj30zk0qon1e.jpg

005STg6Vgw1f9hky1iemrj30k00qo0vb.jpg

005STg6Vgw1f9hky1kyokj30k00qowh8.jpg

005STg6Vgw1f9hky2fhiqj30k00qotcl.jpg

005STg6Vgw1f9hksqpfiqj30qo0qotan.jpg

005STg6Vgw1f9hksq4bjij30qo0qojt3.jpg

This drama is so generous in releasing stills, no? I saw this bunch of shots probably which will be in future episodes, maybe near the ending or part of the ending...

8e68bb0djw1f9hi0y3fp1j20v80o0gr0.jpg

The painting is similar to that of Gongou's promotional poster.

8e68bb0djw1f9hi11g5h8j20qo0v2grf.jpg

Baba, Erzi, Mama???

Spoiler

8e68bb0djw1f9hhwjvqfaj20qo0utagk.jpg

8e68bb0djw1f9hhwerjetj20qo0vgteu.jpg

8e68bb0djw1f9hi273ccoj20qo0zi480.jpg

8e68bb0djw1f9hi0tvujrj20qo0zmags.jpg8e68bb0djw1f9hhvyjvzqj20qo0zk0yy.jpg

8e68bb0djw1f9hi0jsyf5j20qo0qon4z.jpg

Credits to I Love My President Though He is a Psycho Weibo

@LyeKIM Yes, I saw this scene in one of the MVs. I am actually wondering if in the end, Qianchu is not the one behind the rumours and the pills. Notice that he started going after Xiao Nian, when he saw that Gongou was after Xiao Nian.

By the way, I have been wondering about the scene where Xiao Nian witnesses Gongou being in the tube with another woman... I can't believe that he is drugged or he is cheating on her. I was wondering if Gongou staged all of this in order to know if Xiao Nian really loves him. Later, we see her throwing away the contract and in my opinion, this is connected. She wants to cut ties with him because of that scene and cancels the contract so that Gongou is sure that she really loves him. I do think that Gongou will still doubt her feelings because she has had Qianchu in her heart all these years. 

On 3/12/2017 at 0:59 PM, LyeKIM said:

I saw this video with #10 on it  and presumed to be the 10th ep and true enough, google translated the title as the last ep of the drama. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=itocnjbPd50&feature=youtu.be But it was removed already. I just viewed it minutes ago but it was removed immediately. What the. Anyway, it was a narration with stills from the drama. Too bad it has subtitle in Chinese on it. :bawling:

Well, same here! I visited a page with this drama and saw 8 episodes. I was so happy! But when I checked it, they didn't have new episodes, they only included the past three episodes many times. :confounded: OMG! This drama is killing me! :blush:

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@LyeKIM Yes, I saw this scene in one of the MVs. I am actually wondering if in the end, Qianchu is not the one behind the rumours and the pills. Notice that he started going after Xiao Nian, when he saw that Gongou was after Xiao Nian.

By the way, I have been wondering about the scene where Xiao Nian witnesses Gongou being in the tube with another woman... I can't believe that he is drugged or he is cheating on her. I was wondering if Gongou staged all of this in order to know if Xiao Nian really loves him. Later, we see her throwing away the contract and in my opinion, this is connected. She wants to cut ties with him because of that scene and cancels the contract so that Gongou is sure that she really loves him. I do think that Gongou will still doubt her feelings because she has had Qianchu in her heart all these years. 

Wow that would be really a good twist in the story! Qianchu has been painted as bad guy in the first place (with his amnesia) and yet he became somewhat kind to her when he regained his memories but all I can see now is that he is really a jerk, acting out based on his possessiveness disregarding Xiao Nian's feelings. When he lied about the test, my pity for him for marrying Shidi evaporated in an instant and I would even consider it as karma for him and good luck for Xiao Nian. Too bad it was not registered. I'm quite happy though that Shidi will fight for her marriage since it might keep Qianchu away from our heroine but we know that it will bring great toll to Xiao Nian.  As of now, I can say that everyone has the potential to harm Xiao Nian except to her editor and the editor's boyfriend. We can see that the worst has yet to come in her life especially that she has now feelings for him.

About Gongou with another woman, where have you seen that? I have yet to watch all of the trailer so I'm not familiar with that  scene though I saw a still with a woman interfering their wedding XD. I wonder if she is her?

Spoiler

006yRNy6jw1f8zxrmttsej31410qodle.jpg

005STg6Vgw1f8zygdqr47j30zk0qodi0.jpg  006yRNy6jw1f94w8omq0zj30va0ku0wr.jpg

Credits to I Love My President Though He is a Psycho Weibo

17 minutes ago, andreasofia16 said:

Well, same here! I visited a page with this drama and saw 8 episodes. I was so happy! But when I checked it, they didn't have new episodes, they only included the past three episodes many times. :confounded: OMG! This drama is killing me! :blush:

Some videos are traps. Some channels post one episode ahead which make the others think that there is a new episode when there really isn't. As for the video I saw with #10 on it, it was approximately 12 mins and I think it was a major spoiler telling about the ending. :dissapointed_relieved:

@LyeKIM The scene where we see Gongou with a naked woman in a tub is in the MV (1:11) I have just posted.

Yes, for me Qianchu is definitely cunning. The picture you posted reveals how dangerous and ruthless he can be. His gaze is cold and he definitely touches Xiao Nian's face in a rude way. There is another scene where Xiao Nian is holding a gun against Shidi and later Qianchu. 

I saw the picture with the boy. So if she really slept with Gongou, how come that she can not remember it? Did they give her the same pills after giving birth? If she had been pregnant and gave birth to a child, what did they do to her so that she has no memory of it?

I so agree with everyone here I too don't trust Qianchu he seemed sweet when he was blind but somehow he has changed and not for the good or at least not to me either.  Thanks to everyone for the clips and heads up videos that really do help when we have to wait so long!  It stirs us to thinking and gives us a chance to reflect as well.  I don't know why Gongou is in that tub and I really hope @bebebisous33is correct that it could be a test to see about her feelings.  Still it would seem an extreme measure but he is like that and like always may regret doing it that way I wonder?

Loved the fact that a wedding is in our future dang I love a wedding!!!  I wondered about the boy as well was he from their past or is it a jump to the future.  Because she just slept with Gongou could this be a result of her latest drug related affair.  By the way I never said earlier but I also agree that it wasn't rape to me or to her by just the fact at how she woke up the day after.  Holding her legs and that small smile said all I needed to know not to mention he was the first person she wanted to talk to.  Isn't that how love is you just can't get enough of the other person once that bond is made:wub:

Archived